AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-09-09, 17:18   Link #4741
omega253

I have another fanfic idea..... This is AU.

Touma is crazy in an evil way. As in, raving and ranting mad. He can strike fear into people through psychological warfare alone. The disturbing thing, though.......

Even the Invisible Thing is scared of him.

This Touma uses his Mysterious Power as a form of illusion crafting and reality warping to screw with his enemies' heads by making impossible physics-defying things happen. Or conjure up monsters that you would only see in the worst nightmares. This version of Touma is basically like how he was after Izzard sliced off his arm..... Only, he doesn't need it sliced off to act like that.

If anything, this Scary!Touma would always act kind of creepy and striking fear into the hearts of all. Or at least unnerving them.

How about it?
Old 2013-09-09, 19:39   Link #4742
R.D.Blax

You know, Touma is awesome and all, but why is he the only one who get all the nice thing ? I mean, how about making the entire Delta force evil for example, and throwing some Demon God Sindex from the magic side to spice up thing.

About the idea of Crazy!Touma itself, I feel that having Touma having this kind of power feel wrong somehow, I can't really tell why... How about playing more with the misfortune aspect of Imagine Breaker ? Wasn't Touma accused of bringing misfortune to other when he was kid ? What if he was really responsible and he can do it consciously now... His "Such misfortune" would take another meaning after that...
R.D.Blax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 19:47   Link #4743
omega253

Oh crap I forgot about that.

One theory I had about Imagine Breaker is that it can control luck. But Touma doesn't know how to control and it is stuck on the setting of 'drain misfortune from surroundings'. In battle, he would probably transfer all the drained misfortune to his opponent, get back to a safe distance, and watch as his opponent crumbles under unlucky occurrences.

As for evil Delta Force and Index.... We already know what happens when Tsuchimikado gets pissed. NT 7 happens. Shit goes down and we see why part of Tsuchimikado's magical name is the Backstabbing Blade. He's on a warpath and hellbent to make the transgressors pay.

Aogami.... I see him pulling assassin stuff like in Assassin's Creed. He was mentioned to be able to move around quick right? Well apply that with a knife and you get.... I will leave the rest up to your imagination.

An evil Index would just emphasize on the fact that the Majin's other translation is Demon God. 'Nuff said on that.

Besides, they're not really evil. Just.... Anti-Heros like Accelerator. Willing to go to extreme lengths to get the job done.
Old 2013-09-09, 20:08   Link #4744
R.D.Blax

Wait, wasn't being a Demon God different than being a Magic God ? Don't remember where I could have read that tough...

Anyway, Anti-Hero!Touma & Co sound more right. If they were outright evil, I don't think any heroes could stand up to them
Old 2013-09-09, 20:11   Link #4745
omega253

What I mean by Demon God is:

Majin translates to both 'Magic God' and 'Demon God'.

What I meant by Index being a Demon God is that she is using magic in horrifying and 'demonic' ways.

Understand?
Old 2013-09-09, 20:21   Link #4746
R.D.Blax

Yes, I just got confused for a moment. Thank you.
Old 2013-09-09, 20:24   Link #4747
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
What I mean by Demon God is:

Majin translates to both 'Magic God' and 'Demon God'.

What I meant by Index being a Demon God is that she is using magic in horrifying and 'demonic' ways.

Understand?
Now that you bring that up...has anyone tried to write a Toaru fanfic in the form of the Japanese version of a fantasy MMORPG? With Othinus has the Maou, Fiamma as the guy who has reached a level deemed impossible (max stats), Aleister as beyond even that, beyond the demons/humans distinction, Aiwass as a mysterious deity, Laura with an agenda to take over the kingdom of the humans as her own...

And Touma as a low level adventurer with no guild

Crack idea!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 20:28   Link #4748
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D.Blax View Post
Yes, I just got confused for a moment. Thank you.
You're welcome.

And I have a fic idea again. Touma x Kanzaki shippers will like this one.

It turns out that Kanzaki was a childhood friend of Touma. Their respectively good and bad fortune cancelled each other out, so they liked being around each other and being normal. When their parents saw this, they drew a marriage contract between them.

However, when Touma's bad luck became too much and he was sent off to Academy City while gaining the Imagine Breaker, the contract is all-but-forgotten.

Later on, somebody (let's say Tsuhimikado or another in-universe Kanzaki x Touma shipper) finds the contract and makes it public news.

Cue awkward fiancé antics between Kanzaki and Touma. And also all the other girls that like Touma trying to sabotage the marriage, but failing. When Kanzaki and Touma grew up, their respective types of luck grew with them. Instead of canceling each other out, they cause chaos to happen.
Old 2013-09-09, 21:22   Link #4749
demino_hellsin
That one guy

My feelings on this are difficult to explain...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 21:27   Link #4750
omega253

Which one?

Touma as Crazy Nightmare Fuel Incarnate or Kanzaki and Touma being arranged for marriage?
Old 2013-09-09, 21:34   Link #4751
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Both I suppose?
Old 2013-09-09, 21:36   Link #4752
omega253

Okay, so is it difficult feelings to elaborate in the good way or the bad way?

And by bad way, I mean poking holes into the idea in general.

Let loose, I need to know whether or not the ideas can be well-received or not.
Old 2013-09-09, 21:42   Link #4753
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Its. Hard to elaborate as some of them make me want to strangle you for bringing them into this world, another part of me is jubilant at such glorious possibilities they contain.
Old 2013-09-09, 21:47   Link #4754
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post

This only makes me praise the fact the none of the original level fives in the LNs aren't telekenitics. It has major potential to be over powered, though it depends on the writer in the end of the day. If your character wins all the time then it gets boring.
Accelerator's redirection is a type of telekinesis that controls vector. So you can said that accelerator is a telekinetic esper in lower level but when it goes up it turns into specialize vector control that is active 24/7
Old 2013-09-09, 21:47   Link #4755
omega253

..... Okaaaaaaaaay.

*inching away slowly to not be choked*

I guess Touma being Crazy Nightmare Fuel Incarnate might be a bad idea? The idea was born after I imagined a powerful fear demon somehow tearing off Touma's arm and getting mindraped by Scary!Touma.

As for the Touma and Kanzaki marriage contract thing, that was born after I looked at some really old parts of this thread.

I regret nothing!

*runs away as quickly as possible to avoid strangulation*
Old 2013-09-09, 22:13   Link #4756
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Maybe it would be interesting to have Styl face the primordials I had in mind instead. Primordials are basically the personified versions of the four elements in magic. An aether should exist but it doesn't

Basically if Styl is invoking a gof of fire, the primordial he faces invokes the will of flame itself
Old 2013-09-09, 22:15   Link #4757
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Now that you bring that up...has anyone tried to write a Toaru fanfic in the form of the Japanese version of a fantasy MMORPG? With Othinus has the Maou, Fiamma as the guy who has reached a level deemed impossible (max stats), Aleister as beyond even that, beyond the demons/humans distinction, Aiwass as a mysterious deity, Laura with an agenda to take over the kingdom of the humans as her own...

And Touma as a low level adventurer with no guild

Crack idea!
Why does this idea sound so appealing to me? Maybe it's because I'm Gabriel?

Either way, this sounds like a pretty marvelous idea
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 22:16   Link #4758
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Accelerator's redirection is a type of telekinesis that controls vector. So you can said that accelerator is a telekinetic esper in lower level but when it goes up it turns into specialize vector control that is active 24/7
I think it's more the absolutism behind his ability. Anything with vectors he can understand can be manipulated within his range, as opposed to a telekinetic who imposes their own psychic force onto objects to create vectors for the purpose of moving them. For example, a typical telekinetic wouldn't be able to deflect a punch--they'd have to 'catch' it and move it away consciously. Accelerator's power is more like a form of psychokinesis that can be considered a form of telekinesis, like a subcategory within a subcategory. That's why, so long as one does not make a telekinetic that can move Accelerator in esper mode, I think it would be hard to make one more powerful than number 1.
silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 22:17   Link #4759
omega253

Well, crap. Stiyl vs Conceptual Manifestation of Fire?

Better get the hose.....

It's similar to an idea I had where Touma has to face the Conceptual Manifestation of Assassination.

I mean, literally the accumulated knowledge, experience, and techniques of every assassin in human history (and some not so human......) manifested in the prime body that's conditioned for killing.

Terrifying isn't it?
Old 2013-09-09, 22:19   Link #4760
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Indeed, but its not just the fire primordial he'd end up fighting but the other 4 elements as well. Imagine norse SS but for Styl

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction