AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-17, 09:54   Link #16161
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
I think Transformation magics have something to do with barrier magics with the way barrier magics can keep out certain things you don't want to. In the case of Yuuno, I think he shunted his physical body away from reality with flexible barrier magics in the shape of a ferret and used some illusions to complete the look.

This however has a big problem. As stated by Yuuno, the ferret form is less draining than his human form. So either my guess is wrong or he really is a ferret and the human form is the temporary one.
I think there's more to it than barriers

The only explanation is...
[dkellis]
it's MAGIC!
[/dkellis]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Points taken. Though that's a nasty picture of polymorphing you painted there with the body parts pile
Y-yeah...I almost lost my lunch

There are so many unexplained things in the Nanohaverse (and several others too)...only the (really) important things are explained, the rest is up to the fans' imagination

Quote:
Here's the next installation. Still can't find a decent name for it. Maybe I'll call it infestation or something. I suck at names.
Spoiler for Chapter 2 - The investigators:
C.C please.
Yui got a physical frame, nice...

And...looks like Veronica is done for...too bad...

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-11-17 at 10:07.
Old 2007-11-17, 10:08   Link #16162
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Now that I have your attention...

It's Saturaday night here, and I'm down with a slight fever... Time for me to go wild and bring to the table some insane spells Whenever I create a character, the hardest thing was for me to come up with original, unique, and of course, kickass spells around. In Jeno's case, his lightning ability has driven me up the wall to come up with them. Then now I have to deal with the H4xx busters, which is just not right. Oh well, I could always use this fever as an excuse for any insane and outrageous spells.

And if there's one thing more difficult than coming up with spells, it's trying to get them the MOST. BADASS. NAMES. EVER!

(Oh, btw, not a photoshop )

Before we start, a little introduction to Jeno's style. Back when he was still learning, his master taught him a few of the most important things to NOT do in a fight.

1. Never panic.

2. Never hesitant.

3. Never waste.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

PURE MAGIC

These are the simplest and least taxing spell in Jeno's arsenal. Easy to cast and requiring minimum effort to control, these make the best cannon-fodder-clearers. However, against more powerful and smarter enemies, Jeno use them as distraction and traps to buy time for the his more powerful One-Turn-Kill spells.

-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-

Serrated Force: A basic cannon bombardment spell. Fires a powerful magic beam similiar to Chrono's Blaze cannon when. Modified for faster casting time.

Serrated Edge: Multiple projectile spell. Modified to the shape of an arrowhead, increasing projectile's velocity and accuracy. Equivalent to Fate's Plasma Lancer.

Serrated Spiral: High control, single missile spell. Modified for increase damage and durability. Very much like Chrono's Stinger Snipe.

Serrated Cross: High powered, mid-range projectile attack consist of two magic arcs fired one after another to form a cross-shape. The first arc will have more impact damage, while the second arc is used to accelerate the velocity. Commonly used to break the enemy's defensive spells.

Summon Swords: Extreme control, multiple projectile spell. Summons magic swords with more durability than common protectiles. Able to be use as an offensive or defensive technique. Very versatile.

-> Bladestorm: Fire all swords.
-> Bladespiral: Swords rotate and surrounds the user, forming a protective and offensive barrier.
-> Bladestrike: All available swords move to surround a single target, before firing themselves at it. Only workable within a certain range.

Devil's Checkmate: A specialized offensive binding technique developed and taught to all Destroyers by Sipher, quote "For the fun of it".

An extremely complex spell that requires a cunning and flexible mind.
The spell involves a number of magic chains which are launched from the user at a limited distance, and have to be manually binded to their target, locking them in an inverse crucification manner. The bind locks the target's physical and magical capability, rendering them completely helpless.

When the binds have lock on to the target, it could remain there for days even after the victim dies due to a "hibernation-mode" function which reduces the use of it's limited magic to substain itself long.

The upside-down, cross-shape position which the victims are suspended in holds no actual purpose, other than a psychological impact on the people who would eventually find them.

(P.S - FOR THE LAST TIME, CHRONO'S BINDING SPELL DOES THIS AS WELL!!)

LIGHTNING

On his own, Jeno does not have the ability to convert magic into electricity, but with the help of his main Device, Executioner, he discovered that he was rather talented in mastering Lightning spells. Soon he was able to come up with methods to counter the negative side-effects of the more powerful spells. When fightning against large hordes, or just one tough bastard, these would be his One-Turn-Kill spells.

Sacred Edge: Concentrated electricity forms along the edge of sword's blade. Increasing it's impact damage and granting it the ability to cut through magic and physical properties, though effectiveness still depends of the durability of the object. Eight charges per use.

Raigeki: A spell that controls multiple magic lightning bolts. Is a flexible spell that requires much control.

-> Dragon: The bolts take the shape of a serpent and would home in on it's target.
-> Pylon: The bolts would fan out in a vertical, or horizontal manner, attempting to slice the target.
-> Surge: The bolts would merge to form a wave in one direction, increasing it’s damage.

Maelstorm Inferior: A magical lightning projectile that is encased in a magical orb. The lightning within is consistently spinning. Upon impact, the orb would break and unleash the torrential force within.

Maelstorm Superior: A larger version, increase damage, but also longer casting time.

Maelstorm Ultimate: An enormous version, vast increase in damage, very long casting time.

Rip. Steel. Soul.: A special field magic. The area affect depends on how much magic the user puts in. This spell increase the effectiveness of all lightning spells, including the enemy's by making the surrounding air more favorable for electricity, skilled lightning users could also control the additional special effect of magnetism.

On first cast, the spell would last about 5 to 10 minutes, deteriorating slowly as time passes. Additional casting increases its effectiveness, as well as prolonging it’s duration.

In addition, when this spell reaches a certain level, the user could then cast the super-powered version of their usual lightning attacks, consuming this field spell in the process.

Heaven’s Drive: The powered-up version of Sacred Edge, requires at least 3 charges of “Rip. Steel. Soul.” to be active. This is a close-to-mid range bombardment spell. The user first re-shapes the area of the R.S.S field spell into a large, straight air tunnel in front of him. Lightning charges up on the device, ten times more powerful then Sacred Edge. As he passes through the tunnel at high speeds, the weapon charges up even more.

There are two ways to unleash this attack. Upon physical contact, the spell explodes away from the user in full force. Or by hurling the giant ball of lightning across a distant, and sacrifice it’s damage potential. In both cases, any additional magic left in the spell would allow it to travel a few more meters, making it ideal for clearing blockades of any kind.

At maximum impact, the explosive force rivals that of Excellion Buster.

Lord of Vermilion: (For those of you who played Ragnarok Online or watched the anime, you already know what this does.) A long-range lightning bombardment spell. This requires at least one R.S.S charge to be active. For every R.S.S it consumes on the…Field, two lightning bolts would strike down on the designated target. The interval of any additional lightning strikes after that decreases by half each time.

This spell is commonly used for a single, extremely well armored target. Each lightning strike does about the same damage as a Thunder Smasher.

Kyu. Ten. Ou. Gen. Rai. Sei. Fu. Ka. Ten. Son.:

The ultimate-powered up version of the Raigeki spell. This is a close-to-long range bombardment spell with an almost 100% kill guarantee when used. This spell requires 5 R.S.S spell to be active. Within the area of these 5 field spells, the user would unleash an all-out lightning strike, frying all organic properties. The speed at which it is unleash is almost instantaneous.

It’s basically trying to dodge light.

This spell is commonly used for clearing out troops in the open range and is indiscriminate with killing, users tend to avoid using it in fear of friendly fire. Also, after use, the caster would be unable to use strong magic spells for a period of time.

(Jeno copied this spell from Raiden)

(Okay, so I cheated in this one )

Fire

Jeno is horrible at controlling Exorcist’s, his secondary device, fire-base spells. At the moment, he could only use three of them as they are considered the all-out destruction type spells, meaning hardly any control is needed. He only use them in an “OH SHI-!” situation or a “F**K OFF!” moment. Another interesting property of his flame is that they could also burn through magic. Using these spells however, is a lot more stressful on his body compared to using lightning.

Hellion's Break: At the point of contact with the device, the user unleash a powerful jet of flames to blast the target away. Suitable for clearing physical obstacles as well as breaking magical shields and barrier. Due to the incredible force of the impact, prolong use would put strain on the user’s body.

Sons of the Firelord: Also known as the carpet bomber. Fires eight highly explosive projectiles randomly over a large area in front of the user, with each of them exploding with the force of a missile.

And yes, I said randomly.

Sulfurion Firestorm Crisis: The most dangerous fire base spell ever, especially with someone who can’t control is. The user would summon a giant tornado of fire with him in the center, the tornado could be reshaped to whatever form the user could get it into. However, as time passes, it would continue to grow bigger by draining magic from its user’s core. The user would soon lose control over it and risk being burned to death by his own spell.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Thank you, come again

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-11-17 at 13:53.
Old 2007-11-17, 10:22   Link #16163
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Boom. Boom. Boom.

The almost rythmic sound of shells smashing into their defences was just enough to keep him awake. It had been going on for a while now, and more then they expected too.

"Dammit, it was supposed to be quiet today. Where the hell did all this come from?" Commander Keroko grumbled.

"I don't know sir." A soldier next to him answered. "Maybe they stumbled upon an ammo depot along their way here?"

"I should hope not. That means we're getting our own shells tossed at us right now."

Boom. Boom. Boom.

His eyes shot open. The sound of smashing shells had stopped.

"Sir?"

"I heard, lieutenant. Attention! The bombardement has lifted! All able men move out and give them hell! They will not get past this street!" Grabbing his hellgun he attached the powerline to his backpack and rushed towards the opening. Taking cover behind a pile of rubble he glared at the smoke covered streets, where the enemy would come from.

"Sir?"

"Yes lieutenant?"

"Do you think we'll get through this?"

"The hell if I know, lieutenant."

Further words did not come, as shadows began to grow in the smoke, and the streets became filled with the sounds of crackling Lassguns.

Its freaking Saturday and I have to wade through pages of backlog. Who opened that crate of ammo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Spoiler for GuardianS: From the Edge: part 1:
Good old Hayate/Aurion development. Always a pleasure to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
I do admit that I see that happening however, seeing as the both of them have a kind of reckless streak in them, or rather a tendency to push their limits.
Yes, but this involves breaking a promise for something as little as a spar. Keroko's not that stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Why the hate of elves?
Cause they're parsh people! So convinced of their own superiority just because they were there first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Reiji: Oh shi-

Arcas: THE ACES HAVE A DATE? WHO? WHERE? WHEN? WHICH ONE? WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!

Reiji: You just HAD to use the D-word!! Now he's gone Bauer-mode!

Arcas: <grabs Liingo, shines light in eyes> WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR?!?!?!?!
*shakes head* And he still denies to be a siscon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
What I had in mind was something like this...

...only less naked.

And with two hot girls rather than two androgynous... people.
The trap twins, my favourite characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
This one somehow still scares me...

I still don't know what freaking gender those twins are!

I heard in the game its said they are boys... but they don't really look like boys here... gnaaaark! *slams head on desk*
I'm sort of an expert when it comes to androgynous characters, trust me, they're boys.

No proof in the anime you say? They reffer to themselves with 'boku'.

Quote:
I'll say it now for everyone to know. According to the game, Dori & Gura are guys, although many characters have no idea whether they're male or female. So that pic is of 3 guys sleeping together. Naked
In the anime, it wasn't stated. So...
'boku'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Been juggling this idea around for a while for the next installment of my character. Just got around to actually doing something with it . This takes place before his transfer to Rogue Squadron.

Spoiler for The Scars We Bear:

The aftermath can be found in his Recent Events in his profile.

Comments?
Survivors guilt, failure to protect, this guys' an emotional wreckage, isn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
As for them being hidden from the brass, that's where Lindy and Aurion come in. Aurion's a sorta quiet backer, and Lindy helped to set them up and use her influence and rank to back them up. She also brought in her friend Leti; Leti may not have so much command authority or power, but she has a lot of influence, and as one of the top paperwork people, it was a simple matter for her to hide and keep black the existence of the OFM. Currently, the only people who actually have some knowledge of the OFM are Leti, Chrono (who has occasionally called them in as a special unit), Aurion (who avoids them because he's tired of Erick always challenging him to a rematch) and the Aces, who're friends with Erick, Glen, Emili, Franz, and Naomi.
I'm having trouble viewing Lindy as someone who would knowingly advocate the use of conventional weapons, she apears too much of a patriot for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Hmm I don't know some Space Elves can be pretty cool... these specific Space Elves suck though torch the big headed bastards.
Few critical differences between Abh and elves, Abh are not an ancient race convinvced of their superiority (they were genetically engineered by humans, for crying out loud) and they do treat everyone with a decent level of equallity, choosing the 'sign this, stay out of our business, and we'll stay out of yours' aproach.

Plus, any race that has commanders that actually encourage their enemies strike a soft spot with me.

Quote:
Yeah it would be hard to explain things getting that out of hand without some serious malice being involved which simply shouldn't exist.
Exactly, they're alike, so explaining why they were killing themselves would be a pain to write down.

Quote:
You must have good luck with women and cats then.
Yes on both counts. I don't really have any 'girlfriend' at the moment, but I do have a lot of friends who are girls. And quite frankly? I like it that way just fine.

Quote:
That would be my second choice, but Bear I'm kind of anti-social and I like sleeping and eating fish so I'd probably make a better bear.
If thats your motivation.

Quote:
Well someone had to do it and no one else seemed to be stepping up... *shrugs*
Which means you cared.

Quote:
Lovecraftian horrors. Na probably just fewer jokes, more cursing, and extra brutal haxbusting.
Noted.

Quote:
Well being normal is boring so obviously only the weird people have fun!
Truth.

Quote:
Your lucky working in AB you could have nearly as many as you want without anyone calling foul.
AB is not the problem, intruding them in MC becomes troublesome.

Quote:
I really lost it when they started NJO it turned me off the EU almost completely, some, hell even allot of the stuff before that was good IMO but the Vong… I haven’t bought a post movies SW novel in like 3 or 4 years now after like the third Vong book I just wanted to punch the authors in the face for bring that organic bullshit into Wars. I’ve bought some Clone wars stuff that stuff is still pretty good acutally feels like Star Wars, but the entire NJO bullshit… I just wish it had never been written.
Agreed completely, I tried to follow it, but the whole 'lets make the force completely useless' instead of actually doing something more interesting with the revived order was the biggest slap in the face for me.

Quote:
But I’m not bitter! Not at all!
Riiiight. I just so happen to know how you feel here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
And gadget drones. Outside of the AMF, they don't really appear to be that strongly made, which suggests to me that the holy .50BMG round, designed by Saint John Moses Browning from instructions given to him by God, would do a real number on gadget drones.

Hey, if the WW2 version could take out AFVs with heavier armor than your average Drone, I don't see why the Gadget Drones can't be killed with it. Their main form of defense is the AMF - which is useless against conventional weapons.

...on the other hand, you'll probably run out of ammo before you're out of targets.
I'm sorry, proof? We are talking more advance technollogy after all. Besides, these drones have non-AMF defenses as well. Barriers are among one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Nah, that doesnt count. The anime and the manga are two separate universes entirely.
*takes a deep breath*

No, wait. Oh no no no, I'm not falling for that one. Nice try, Erio.

As for Chaos: The spell list indicates that Jeno is more of a range caster then a close combat specialist, correct asumption?
Old 2007-11-17, 10:31   Link #16164
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

As for Chaos: The spell list indicates that Jeno is more of a range caster then a close combat specialist, correct asumption?

He's using Midchildan magic. However, those are mostly his one hit kill spells. On his own, he doesn't mind fighting up close, even if it means not using like 70% of his spells.

Why? Because of -=[Devil's Checkmate]=- Once he lands that, he could do anything he wants to you...

(Also, he could look into the thoughts of his enemy when they are closer)
Old 2007-11-17, 10:43   Link #16165
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
I'm sort of an expert when it comes to androgynous characters, trust me, they're boys.

No proof in the anime you say? They reffer to themselves with 'boku'.
Hm... as long there are girls like Kanons Ayu, who refer to themselfs as 'boku', thats not really a proof...

Oh well... I simple trust you in that...
And the game says they are boys... so when i'm in doubt I use that as proof
Old 2007-11-17, 10:45   Link #16166
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Spoiler for Feverish Delusion:
Well...you went pretty much all-out here

Executioner, huh? Does it have the shape I think it does? (the one in Ragnarok the Animation)

And...what's with those unrelated pictures?
Old 2007-11-17, 10:46   Link #16167
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Actually, she used those 'Ice Kunai', that look like Yami no Sho's Bloody Dagger. She used them to corner Agito when she and Lutecia were trying to escape.
Ah, yes, I almost forgot, "Icy Daggers". Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
You know, if this person can control water to such a degree, she might as well form the water around her target and drown her.
Tidal waves would be great for taking cities and small islands but not the most efficient means of dealing with individual people.
It would be difficult against a moving target, more so one that flies like Hayate.

Quote:
[Teal'C]You are most transparent PF.[/Teal'C]
What, you have X-ray eyes?

Quote:
Target in sight... maintain track and azimuth sweep continued surveillance.
PF: HELLLPPP MEE!

*mushroom cloud explosion*

Quote:
Well that will happen when you use a word with a very specific meaning... that's nothing like what you apparently had in mind.
I guess. >.>

Quote:
Well subtly has never been my strong point.
Tried and true.

Quote:
Well the first thing that comes to mind is that in order to pressurize something you’d have to compress it and hence make it smaller those nozzles and hoses on fire engines aren’t for show… So basiclly in order to try and get ANY force behind it you’d need to confine and compress the water which would make it take up much less volume so it’s not going to be a wave it’s going to be a very narrow stream. Plus water is just a shitty weapon why waste all this time an effort trying to turn something that’s just not that lethal into a weapon instead of taking all that energy and firing a beam that might acutally do some damage? Plus by the time your trying to compress water down into some kind of whip like weapon all you’ve done is make a really bad solid, you’d be better off just controlling something solid to start with.

Liquids also lose velocity very quickly in air even huge thousands of horsepower pumps can only launch liquid a few hundred meters and by the time reaches the target it’s more a rain then a jet blast. At VERY close range liquids can be a powerful cutting implant (it’s used to cut some thin metals), but it’s ability to retain velocity is abysmal as it loses shape, spreads out, and due to this increasing surface area slows down rapidly once it’s launched. Now you could I suppose confine it in some kind force field, but any field that could contain it like that would effectively be solid and you should just use THAT as the weapon as it would be like smacking someone with a metal pipe. This is the same problem that plagues various plasma weapons any force that could conceivably compress and manipulate the plasma (water) payload to the needed density is going to be stronger then steel and would make a very effect projectile in and of itself if launched at the target at decent speed or could at least used to be hold something more lethal then water.

The entire idea of trying to kill someone that can fly with water is, I'm sorry, just strike me as really silly and unworkable I just can’t see how this could work and not be contrived beyond belief.
A few hundred meters should be enough, since Hayate and Sharazad are not going to let the other out of their sight. In any case, hmm, compression and velocity ... maybe if Sharazad force-feed the Elements into accelerating the water, it could be dangerous ...

The reason why Sharazad would not be launching any "beam-type" attacks at all is that she could not control it properly. "Beam-type" attacks are considered the strongest form of "magic" for the Templars, where they have to compress the energy into a ray for attack. Only the Saint of the Scepter is strong enough to maintain that kind of technique.

Then again, waterfalls do have a lot of energy behind them, even if they are spread out far. I'm guessing that's because of the high potential and/or kinetic energy, yes? Maybe a similar concept can be used here ...

Watching too much anime does give you some far-fetched ideas, if I remember correctly, there is one where the character are basically blasting waves of water at the opponents. Can't remember which one, though.

Quote:
Actually that has duel meaning to someone concerned with gaming, “Fluff” in that context also means “background” or “Setting” stuff that fleshes out the universe but isn’t acutally part of the game. Blame the 40ks for me picking up that usage of the term and it’s what I meant here a set up piece that doesn’t acutally have much plot or meat too it. Not any kind of lovely dovey crap... well mostly.
And so, "fluff" has been upgraded in the dictionary.

Quote:
That's Aaron for ya

Quote:
Actually... you'll find out later
I know, you mentioned it at the final line of the post.

Quote:
Tk writing rabu-rabu?

I can accept that... provided this happens first:

W-What?! A tennis-ball causing such a WIN meteor shower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Wood would be under the master element of earth though I know both are recognized separately. As for metal I have no idea.
Both are, in Western terms, under the element "Earth". In the Chinese cosmology, they are both different.

Quote:
18 meters is pretty long.

Quote:
For area of spells I'm thinking of.
Ah, souka.

Quote:
Turn Vestrall into an kitty Katrina would be proud of.

That doesn't sound too bad, does it?

Quote:
Among treading on bluecheesium minefields and having h4xx cannons over our heads.
It's dangerous for fluffs here, they might explode in a flurry of fur and feathers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
You know........ Alot of unnessary effort could have been saved if you had pointed this out in the first place. I can't say the rants would have been fun to read either..

Awesome, progress is being made

Update
Part 7 of A visit to RF6 "Strikers v Aces"
~4k words
60-70% done
ETA: Errr, sometime sooon
I know, I know. Wari.

But, the wave/tsunami debate isn't too bad, we get to see how it works!

And ooh, Part 7 already. I'm going to look for the rest. They should be linked in the first page of the thread, yes?

Quote:
She did, ice daggers against Agito if i remember correctly.
Noted.

Quote:
Ah, Cecil the dark knight. I love FF4. Although I was thinking Luke Skywalker and the darkside cave on Dagobah(sp?) when I read that.

Yes, Cecil the Dark Knight/Paladin. One of my favorite series, too.

Quote:
I'm milder? Errr... opps? I think I need to recalibrate again my sense of scale. I remember when I first made Tais I thought he was too good when infact its the reverse.
Yep, definitely milder.

======

Progress Report
Chapter Five
Word Count: 4000
Bluecheese Indicator: Green
ETA: Two weeks, one if I can help speed it up
Old 2007-11-17, 10:50   Link #16168
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well...you went pretty much all-out here

Executioner, huh? Does it have the shape I think it does? (the one in Ragnarok the Animation)
No, the closest I could describe it is the Furaiken that belongs toKy Kyske of the Guilty Gear series

Quote:
And...what's with those unrelated pictures?
It's a trick I've picked up from my lecture to get people's attention and stop them from stoning
Old 2007-11-17, 10:50   Link #16169
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
He's using Midchildan magic. However, those are mostly his one hit kill spells. On his own, he doesn't mind fighting up close, even if it means not using like 70% of his spells.

Why? Because of -=[Devil's Checkmate]=- Once he lands that, he could do anything he wants to you...

(Also, he could look into the thoughts of his enemy when they are closer)
Jack of all trades, master of all? He can get some leeway in thatregard since her's a villain, but that needs to be worked on. Which reminds me, whats the weakness of Devil's Checkmate?

Quote:
Hm... as long there are girls like Kanons Ayu, who refer to themselfs as 'boku', thats not really a proof...

Oh well... I simple trust you in that...
And the game says they are boys... so when i'm in doubt I use that as proof
Ah, but you'll note that its a special case even in Kanon.

We have no proof that they are girls, but we do have proof that they are guys. Proof tha they are guys + boku = guys in the anime. Simple as that.
Old 2007-11-17, 10:54   Link #16170
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Jack of all trades, master of all? He can get some leeway in thatregard since her's a villain, but that needs to be worked on. Which reminds me, whats the weakness of Devil's Checkmate?

Huh? I thought that only applies to magic spells? And that to be able to physcial cover your own ass' weak spot, even by slightly is to be expected?

The Checkmate's weak spot is the same as any binding. Just like the one Chrono used against the Lieze Twins.
Old 2007-11-17, 10:55   Link #16171
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Jack of all trades, master of all? He can get some leeway in that regard since her's a villain, but that needs to be worked on. Which reminds me, whats the weakness of Devil's Checkmate?
Blaze Aura could pretty much dispel it

Quote:

We have no proof that they are girls, but we do have proof that they are guys. Proof tha they are guys + boku = guys in the anime. Simple as that.
Lots of girls in anime adress themselves as 'boku'...like Rika in Higurashi.

Though when girls use it, it's mostly young girls or tomboyish teenage girls
Old 2007-11-17, 10:57   Link #16172
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Err... really? I didn't note that its a special case...
Is it really that uncommon for an anime girl to refer to herself as 'boku'?
I thought that not so unusual... well in anime...
*shrugs*

Quote:
Lots of girls in anime adress themselves as 'boku'...like Rika in Higurashi.

Though when girls use it, it's mostly young girls or tomboyish teenage girls
Yeah... like that one!

Quote:
Yes, my lordo!
But still...

[Ackbar]IT'S A TRAP!!![/Ackbar]
Old 2007-11-17, 11:03   Link #16173
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Huh? I thought that only applies to magic spells? And that to be able to physcial cover your own ass' weak spot, even by slightly is to be expected?
No, it aplies to overall skill. Slightly covering your weakspot is expected, yes. But you listed some pretty powerfull ranged spells there, which means the physical capabillities will suffer. If he is able to use those spells and still excell in melee then he is simply overpowered.

Quote:
Err... really? I didn't note that its a special case...
Is it really that uncommon for an anime girl to refer to herself as 'boku'?
I thought that not so unusual... well in anime...
*shrugs*
Its not rare or anything, but its not feminine. An concidering most people say that the twins are 'too feminine to be guys' them using boku contradicts that argument.
Old 2007-11-17, 11:07   Link #16174
Tormenk

Quote:
S
I think Transformation magics have something to do with barrier magics with the way barrier magics can keep out certain things you don't want to. In the case of Yuuno, I think he shunted his physical body away from reality with flexible barrier magics in the shape of a ferret and used some illusions to complete the look.

This however has a big problem. As stated by Yuuno, the ferret form is less draining than his human form. So either my guess is wrong or he really is a ferret and the human form is the temporary one.
In this case it's similar to the familiars changing into a smaller form since it preserves mana.

Quote:
So.... which do you mean? TK playing tennis or causing Second impact Armageddon?
Both.

Quote:
@thread: I can't believe so many here don't like cats...
I like them. Only because I don't have any.

Quote:
Here's the next installation. Still can't find a decent name for it. Maybe I'll call it infestation or something. I suck at names.
C.C please.
The image of Clio ingesting the mage along with the LC in the current situation invariably brings Unit 1 eating Zeruel into mind.

Quote:
Spoiler for long:
Rei's unit fishing. -_-

Elemental stuff seems to be hot lately..

That said I'll pin down what I see first. If Jeno's horrible at fire spells, I'm of the opinion he doesn't have the skill to shape up a destruction spell of such magnitude due to sheer complexity, even if they don't require much control. Or at least the spells come out like at not even 25% of their full potential.
Devil's checkmate is a slow, difficult binding spell that has to be manually done by the caster but once done paralyzes the mage totally.

The rest seems ok but tweaking and abit more detailing wouldn't hurt.

Quote:
Yeah but we never see anyone else doing that, or anything even vaguely like it I’d almost class that as some kind of rare skill. We see familiars change size but that seems entirely different and related more to the mana they’re being feed then anything. It also becomes a question of where the fuck all the mass is going it can’t just disappear and he clearly doesn’t retain his weight in ferret form I don’t recall a huge pile of discarded blood, bones, and meat when he transformed the best we can probably come up with is some kind “sub-space storage” along the lines of device.

But then that raises other issues if they can use stored “bio-mass” and just yank it out and rearrange their body structure at will then one has to ponder why healing magic seems so limited. If it could do something like that you’d almost expect you could bring people back from severed heads or something. So why is Erio walking around in a sling for at least a few days for example? Compared to the above rearranging a broken arm should be total child’s play… shit regrowing one should be too! So how come so many OC have prosthetic limbs, etc? See this is the kind of stuff I think about and it shows how a change or aspect of one thing can ripple and make other things inconsistent.
Zero-space then. Which relates nicely to the current idea of pocket dimensions here too.

Quote:
Then allow me to give you a quick ballistics lesson.

Spoiler for Caliber Lesson One.:
I get the idea of what they do now and I'll look up the mm stuff in free time.

Quote:
Weakness discovered?
I wouldn't say that though it's pretty clear she's my favorite out of the two I have. Though it could be considered I'm blasting her pretty ass by shafting her profile for so long. =/

Quote:
Yup, the weak of heart dare not intrude into our battlefields
The realm of Gods are too much for lowly mortals.

Quote:
Excellent fit

"Can I eat him?"

Itadakimasu!

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-11-17, 11:11   Link #16175
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
No, it aplies to overall skill. Slightly covering your weakspot is expected, yes. But you listed some pretty powerfull ranged spells there, which means the physical capabillities will suffer. If he is able to use those spells and still excell in melee then he is simply overpowered.

Aside from the Lightning-base ones which are meant to be one-shot-one-kill, and ignoring fire because in normal situations it's very dangerous to use them anyway, I don't think the pure magic range spells are that good .
Old 2007-11-17, 11:11   Link #16176
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Just came back... Damn, half the novels I wanted are out of stock.

But this backlog... the hell?

I just hope the next 7 hours are nice, I need my sleep.

Quote:
Jeno/Destroyers in general had always been overpowered.

When it comes to that, we either enforce h4xxb()5t1Ng, or the greater form of it.

Ignorance.

~~~

Btw... Keroko... shop material?

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-11-17, 11:16   Link #16177
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Rei's unit fishing. -_-
I know

Quote:
That said I'll pin down what I see first. If Jeno's horrible at fire spells, I'm of the opinion he doesn't have the skill to shape up a destruction spell of such magnitude due to sheer complexity, even if they don't require much control. Or at least the spells come out like at not even 25% of their full potential.
His bad skills come from not being able to control them.

You probably have forgotten, but Exorcist is a Storage device, it is the one that is spewing out the flames, while all the user have to do is feed it magic, and control what comes out.

Even a nine year old could pour magic, it's controlling it that is a problem. And like you said, that's where the lost in potential comes in.

Quote:
Devil's checkmate is a slow, difficult binding spell that has to be manually done by the caster but once done paralyzes the mage totally.
Recall. Chrono. Binding. Twins.

Enough said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Jeno/Destroyers in general had always been overpowered.

When it comes to that, we either enforce h4xxb()5t1Ng, or the greater form of it.

Ignorance.

~~~

Oh, you sure know how to make me feel welcomed
Old 2007-11-17, 11:28   Link #16178
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Btw... Keroko... shop material?

Spoiler:
Akari?
Lastest episode too

I'm more into Anzelotte

While swimming through Wikipedia, I found this...
Spoiler for How many???:

Like...THAT many ???
That makes a lot of worlds with their own magical capabilities and styles

I have to check that chapter...I don't remember Chrono saying that
...now...where did I put it...

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-11-17 at 11:48.
Old 2007-11-17, 11:39   Link #16179
Aaron008R

Hey, everyone. I can't do backlog breaking today...

Anyway, thanks for the comments!

I did a minor revision in the chapter since the meeting with Carym was supposed to be before the Aurion/Hayate talk. Nothing major was changed aside from the part where Aurion mentions that Hayate should prepare fo the meeting. I changed it to Hayate should head off to her position already to avoid operational delays.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-11-17, 11:53   Link #16180
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
For Belka THE EMPEROR!!!!!

*prays to have his work application accepted*
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
FYI, Hikki/Claes in the pre-Lyrical of Time events were tragic partners (well, none of them actually died ) but their relationship is enough to break each other's heart.

Yes, I know. Poor Claes.

And beware, the story will become angst and graphical as it progresses. *points to Into The Dusk for reference*

New chapter(s) will be up sometimes next Monday.
I missed commenting on it earlier. Nice to finally see a detailed history on Hikki.

Quote:
Snippet Time

Somehow, I wanted Chapter 4 to have more content... and yet somehow, writing this part sapped away all my desire to do so.

Spoiler for Recorder:

All other questions will be revealed next chapter.
He sounds like he's preparing to go to a battle he will not survive.

Quote:
There's still Gaketenou

Quote:
Which is pretty good motivation to go post StrikerS with just some back story set during that time maybe.
Hmm...that's an idea.

Quote:
Well either you just realized it's totally true or you ate some bad fish, either or.
Nope, haven't ate any fish lately. Must be someone stalking me!

Quote:
Indeed they are easier to edit, but at the same time once you acutally start writing with them they can also casue problems if you change it too, basically the planning stage is when you should iron stuff out as no one likes Retcons.
Which is why I never mentioned my OCs casting any particular spell in their history. Personally I prefer to make it as brief as possible, and write out the rest later in ficlets.

Quote:
Certainly, but it flows better and seems more natural t is more work I freely admit, but I think the results are worth it, plus the personality of the person being questioned comes through better and more clearly IMO.
Yeah it does do that, though its a little more work.

Quote:
Well we all have our dry spells.
I'm thirsty.

Quote:
Na I personally still think they're like zombies, go for the head if you really want um dead.
Or blow them up to bits.

Quote:
Well not with an attitude like that, me I plan to live forever!
Just being realistic.

Quote:
You HAVE watched Sentai shows right?
Like Voltron and Power Rangers?

Quote:
Or at least a few encyclopedias don't think my brain can fit a library.
Depends on how thick and how many encyclopedias.

Quote:
Hmm do you know where exactly? Just curious since being in NORTH Carolina they might not be that far from me, of course our states are pretty big so it's also possible they could be 6 to 8 hours away by car.
Never being there myself really. My uncle is a university professor over some local university over there. His eldest son is a doctor and is married, not sure about his daughter (I didn't get to talk to my uncle much when he came back for a holiday), and his youngest son is in college/university.

Quote:
College tuition is acutally becoming something of a major political issue we have some of the best colleges in the world… but they’re getting so fucking expensive that people can’t afford to use them. Now some of them you’re paying for a name Yale, Harvard, etc, but even relative unknowns (I doubt you’ve ever Heard of Saint Michael’s College of Burlington Vermont, my sisters school) can be pretty crazy nowadays and most parents expect the student to pay for at least some of it, some of them all of it and allot of students are graduating already in debt. =/ I'm lucky my family is well off enough this won't be a problem, but it's still not a good situation.
It ain't cheap here either, but most get by. Here its almost impossible to get a job without any sort of qualification.

Quote:
DSL isn't terrible it just dosen't tend to be quite as fast as a cable line, assuming the cable company dosen't get cheap and overload said line (since it's shared if they overload it everyone runs slower), but yeah our connections are significantly faster, but the US is a bit of a leader in internet backbone, acutally if we hadn't left our old town we could have gotten fiber right to the house like twice as fast as even that cable line... and LESS expensive.
Definitely, and the realm bone I have to pick is that we are paying relatively the same price that people in other countries pay, for significantly lower speeds.

Quote:
At that point I think it would be more useful as a zombie slave... but that's just me.
Personally I'd go for both, though a zombie slave would probably be too sluggish to be useful.

Quote:
Pixy: Hey that's not cool we're really reformed!
Teal'c: Indeed.
Pixy: Now we still kill people mind, but only for a good cause...

Quote:
yeah I find the idea of "Resistance" unlikely, mages are still effectively human, spells to MAKE you resistant? Yeah sure, no sweat but just automatically taking less damage from stuff? No I don't think so.
My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Yes listen to me... listen to everything I say. *shifty eyes*
Now you are starting to look like the dangerous one.

Quote:
LOL That was a joke.
*phew* Scared me. -_-' But I do know the novel is different from the anime somewhat.

Quote:
Well, my Ren would probably not be anything like the real one, since I have not played the game, nor read anything about her beside the obvious.

Kara no Kyoukai, huh? Is that another game from Type-Moon? It sounds interesting.
Kara no Kyoukai is a light novel actually. Ryogi Shiki is a girl from a demon hunter clan (just like the Nanaya) who obtained the mystic eyes of Death Perception after waking up from a 2 year coma caused by an accident (sounds familiar? ). Shiki is a weird girl really, and goes to school wearing kimonos.

Quote:
Girls sell, after all. A good example would be Yohko from GL... I sincerely dont like her, especially because of her outrageous outfit, which I find very slutty and not sexy at all. Did they really have to make her like that? They probably did just to bait some people into the series. Kamina and Simon are superior anyway you see it, yet maybe, just maybe, GL wouldnt have been as popular if it wasnt for Yohko...
I didn't really like Yohko either, but I don't dislike or hate her. But come one, Shiki is just as cool as Kamina or Simon, just not in a GAR way. You'd think there would be more images on him that I can use.

Quote:
And yup, I checked wiki...not much info about her, though.
Yeah there isn't much to work with. The few things I know is that she's an un-contracted familiar and doesn't talk much.

Quote:
Or rather, you can't stop a cat from doing what it wants.

Quote:
Yes. She's been active since times of AB, before or around the Cradle went missing at the very least.
Which would make her a hag!

Quote:
Agreed. Field magic strength varies from user to user I suppose. Best example is Rein Eins tanked a point blank Excelion Buster and came out only slightly shabby.
The strength is probably proportionate to the user's mana pool.

Quote:
Good choice. Comes with the dagger to boot.

Quote:
Not to come down on you but I feel this quote describes the situation perfectly.

"The more complete and excellent your knowledge, the more severe will be the judgment on you, unless your life be the more prudent."
How so?

Quote:
Very close to. Some interactions in the manga never takes place in the anime at all, like Signum bonking Fate on the head. Which is my sole grouse, since it is supposed to be in synch with each other.
AFAIK the events in the manga and anime are related, its just that the manga material doesn't appear on the actual series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
I am not going to be nitpicky here, any option is fine as long as Keroko delivers it. I'm sure each has its own benefits and shortcomings.
Not complaining, just my thought.

Quote:
Not too bad, you can always make her master one of the "rarer" elements. Wood or metal, for example. I know the spells in these elements would most probably be limited, but with a little cranking, they can be quite powerful.
Huh? Chinese based elements now? Erm...no. I'll stick to something simple.

Quote:
Short? Aye. But, quite powerful already, considering that most mages can't even extend it that far.
No, silly, its huge! 18 meters for a shield is too big.

Quote:
Ah, crap, the Artes.

Quote:
Heh, it may not be what you foresee.

Rein probably has never cast offensive spells before, but that doesn't mean that she doesn't have it.
Just stick to the hair pulling.

Quote:
Well, it's done on you only, so that's quite fine, no?
No its not!

Quote:
She's still a girl ...
Never too early.

Quote:
Yes, that's why I did the "twitch".
That sounded like "twist". Yeah do the twist again.

Quote:
Spoilers about ...?
Whatever you don't mind spoiling?

Quote:
Progress Report
Chapter Five
Word Count: 1700
ETA: Two weeks

This chapter is quite on the slow side, I haven't have much time to progress.
Tsunami of text imminent.

Quote:
Things would go
Yeah

Quote:
I saw that one too, quite funny
I saw that while I was hunting for images on Tohno Shiki and I went "wtf??? "

Quote:
C.C please.
AHHH!! Its a man eater!! Insane girl is insane! >.<'

Quote:
Ah, yes, I almost forgot, "Icy Daggers". Thanks!
Guess I need to rewatch StrikerS.

Quote:
Progress Report
Chapter Five
Word Count: 4000
ETA: Two weeks, one if I can help speed it up
How the hell did this cheese grow so fast????