AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-05, 20:39   Link #61
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
minhtam got fired.
Exactly how could i fire myself?
Old 2009-12-05, 20:43   Link #62
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
And I agree. Same can be said for Legend of the Galatic Heroes.

However, it does annoy me when people "blindly hate" popular shows purely for the fact they are popular without seeing the show themselves. I know that I have been guilty of this myself and I try my hardest not to. As much as I would like to diss the new Twilight movie and call it overrated, I cannot because I have (and likely will not) watch it.
I rarely debate outside of ISML, so I just make a statement to watch every series featured in ISML before voting starts. That way, I can comment without bias.

It may seem like it would take a lot of time, but I've watched most the stuff before ISML even began, and let's face it, the characters havn't changed much from one year to the next. Keeping up-to-date with a dozen or so new releases is pretty much all that's needed.

Quote:
Exactly how could i fire myself?
Douse yourself in gasoline and...fire away?
Old 2009-12-05, 20:59   Link #63
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I'm constantly discussing, revering, and analyzing Fate when and wherever I go to be honest.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-12-05, 21:10   Link #64
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
minhtam got fired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
-After ISML 2009, minhtam1638 has resigned from the Commissioner Post.
Please do not post misinformed information, especially about the staff.
Old 2009-12-05, 21:48   Link #65
chaosprophet

Well I'm a bit late to the thread! Let's have a nice ISML 2010.

Well for nominations my list goes like this so far (can change but shouldn't change much):

Spoiler for my nomination:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Spoiler:

10 over here
Just a headups in case you didn't notice bhl88, but if you check the list on the first post, Hirasawa Ui already is in the prelims so she doesn't need to be nominated.
Old 2009-12-05, 22:09   Link #66
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Seems you're not out of it yet, bhl88.
Old 2009-12-05, 23:53   Link #67
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Seems you're not out of it yet, bhl88.
OTL.... yeah...

Oh well... I'll just get the president from Genshiken's anime show...
Old 2009-12-06, 02:00   Link #68
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Well I'm a bit late to the thread! Let's have a nice ISML 2010.

Well for nominations my list goes like this so far (can change but shouldn't change much):

Spoiler for my nomination:

I see that you have given up some of your choices for your loves. Chiba Kirino was my favorite girl in Bamboo Blade. Sketchbook is another under-appreciated series that I wish people would know better. Interesting that you have Kobato in the waiting list while I am considering dropping Kobato from my main list. Another proof that Hanato Kobato is on the bubble for the nomination phase?
Old 2009-12-06, 03:42   Link #69
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Took a while to pick out ten... Ended up rewatching some episodes (there goes a few hours...)

Spoiler for my nominations:

Last edited by Nochgo; 2009-12-06 at 04:22.
Old 2009-12-06, 07:24   Link #70
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The ten I nominated were ones I feel genuinely moe for that weren't in the prelims/main round/weren't nominated yet. Except for Sawako, because she is super special awesome and I'd nominate her for forever and a day.

Sorry for not being faimilar with past prelims. But my local club adores Yurie and would massacre anyone who slanders her.
Old 2009-12-06, 08:32   Link #71
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The ten I nominated were ones I feel genuinely moe for that weren't in the prelims/main round/weren't nominated yet. Except for Sawako, because she is super special awesome and I'd nominate her for forever and a day.

Sorry for not being faimilar with past prelims. But my local club adores Yurie and would massacre anyone who slanders her.
I hope Yurie will receive much more support than she had in 2008. It was sad that so many people were so cruel to such a innocent little girl.
Old 2009-12-06, 10:02   Link #72
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I see that you have given up some of your choices for your loves. Chiba Kirino was my favorite girl in Bamboo Blade. Sketchbook is another under-appreciated series that I wish people would know better. Interesting that you have Kobato in the waiting list while I am considering dropping Kobato from my main list. Another proof that Hanato Kobato is on the bubble for the nomination phase?
I went all for my top charas... fortunately many already are in main round or prelims.
But yeah I know most of my votes will be wasted but at least voting for my top makes me feel satisfied that I at least supported them.
Old 2009-12-06, 15:01   Link #73
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
I guess I have a different view on nominations than most people. I'm not willing to nominate a lesser character from a series just because I like her better than the already more popular characters from said series, nor am I willing to take a chance on a series I believe is dead from the begeinning. I believe in "supporting" who I like, but I also know when to fold certain cards. However, I DO NOT believe in nominating more than one character from the same series/franchise as I value diversity. Thankfully, most of my natural choices are spread-out anyway.

I'm willing to bet Yurie's (lack of) performance had more to do with the relative unknown factor of Kamichu than anything else. I agree she is fairly moe, but not really the kind of character that would break the mid-tier barrier for me.

That being said, I'm not really going to think about the rest of my nominations until January. I'm just hoping to at least rally some support for Kotori Shirakawa, Yuuko Amamiya, and Matsuri Shihou by then.
Old 2009-12-06, 15:29   Link #74
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

I rather like your "one-girl-per-series" idea

Matsuri and Yuuko are both on my pending list, as they were last year

I never saw Da Capo, so don't know about Kotori, but she does look pretty moe in a pink-haired-moe kinda way

I probably should watch it though just on principle, since it was one of the first anime I'd seen reference to during my *investigation" into various types of games (*cough*) before I had even started watching anything; middling reviews put me off it.

But now that I think for myself and come to my own conclusions and don't take reviews too seriously (*cough*), I've found that even series that others don't care for (*cough sola cough*) I enjoy quite a lot, and find many girls from them quite moe despite their general perception by "the public" (*cough*)

Now excuse me, I have a nasty cough to tend to
Old 2009-12-07, 06:00   Link #75
uis

Hmmm i know many Kotori fan because i am part of Shirakawa Kotori fan club anyway. Many of them tired to vote Kotori anymore after Kotori failed enter ISML regular season 2009. Kotori also didnt have any material to help her like in nomination 2009 (Da Capo IF OVA)

My nomination this year will mainly based character that i feel will get attention by anime fans obviously. So my top two is probably Sengoku Nadeko and Sakurano Kurimu. Yeah i see people vote Disk here so maybe i will put Disk because Disk is my fav Needless chara anyway.

Dunno to put old character that not appear this year. If Chiba Kirino have many fan maybe i will support her again. Same like Nia Teppelin. Anyway i will make analysis first before make my nomination list. If i just put my top ten, my list will full with Da Capo and Koihime Musou character anyway + Canvas 2 XD~

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2009-12-07, 07:45   Link #76
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Lets say she miraculously survives the preliminary phase, if Disk has a better than 0.1 ration Ill honestly be surprised.

And hell yes, Im nominating Yukine Miyazawa for sure.
Old 2009-12-07, 08:30   Link #77
uis

Anyway lets talk to about character will confirm to pass nomination...

Akiyama Mio
- Obviously if people dont forget her...

Senjougahara Hitagi
- Hmmm gay Hitagi fan is gay...

Kusakabe Misuzu
- Hmmm yeah because this obvious except something happen...

Saten Ruiko
- Okay this is also have many gay fans... except if they forgot ISML...

Anyway lets see some character that have potential to pass nomination (this year character):-

4 main girls of Seitokai no Ichizon
Another Bakemonogatari girls
Railgun girls
Mito Mashiro (Tayutama ~Kiss on My Deity~)
Okazaki Ushio (Clannad)
Tainaka Ritsu & Kotobuki Tsugumi (K-ON)
Ikaros (Sora no Otoshimono)
Yin (Darker Than Black)

Yeah i need more data specificly like Needless fanbase, Kampfer fanbase, Pandora Heart fanbase, Darker Than Black fanbase, fangirls favourite, Cal Devans fanbase XD~

Yeah another popular anime like Fullmetal and Inuyasha maybe can change the tide like Korean support Kikyou....

Anyway i need start analyzing some old character and some campaign. Remember that Misaka Shiori (Kanon) enter ISML last year because campaign from CCY...

Seriously if i want my favourite enter ISML this year is impossible like Yoshino Sakura, Mashiro Rima, Minakami Misao, Kotegawa Yui, Houjou Reika and etc is quite impossible because lack of supporter. Anyway i can start campaign but because i lazy and i have quite huge favourite anyway so i focus to support character that i like and have quite huge supporter...

Anyway i hope this year preliminary at least have one character from Strike Witches XD~

Old 2009-12-07, 08:49   Link #78
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Already posted this towards the end of the 2009 thread. Copy + pasted:

My 2010 Nominations:

Amamiya Yuuko - ef
Senjougahara Hitagi - Bakemonogatari
Yuasa Hiromi - True Tears
Akiba Rika - Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Matsuri Shihou - Sola
Sheryl Nome - Macross Frontier
Kana Minami - Minami-ke
Noda Megumi - Nodame Cantabile
Morikawa Yuki - White Album
Sakurai Kanade - Candy Boy

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2009-12-07 at 09:01. Reason: Nomination change
Old 2009-12-07, 08:57   Link #79
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
(...)
Okazaki Ushio (Clannad)
(...)
Actually Ushio don't need to be nominated, she's already in the main tournament (don't even need to go through prelims).
Old 2009-12-07, 09:01   Link #80
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Actually Ushio don't need to be nominated, she's already in the main tournament (don't even need to go through prelims).
cp i forgot korean best moe XD~ anyway i lazy to write long again~ write long paragraph is not my specialty XD~

Closed Thread

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament, voting