AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 35 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-09, 05:31   Link #101
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the amount of bromance in this episode is too high..

well, I really don't know that making cute ranking in the class can bring that kind of trouble to guys...

Nibutani got more screentime but she used it to show off more her violent side... lol!
Yuuta is also show his maturity despite his own inexperience about romance
Nibutani vs Dekomori is always hilarious.. and Rikka holding Yuuta's hand is unexpected

aaahh!! just spend your summer holiday in Jakarta with Rikka, Yuuta!!!! I'll welcome you guys to my home
Old 2012-11-09, 07:20   Link #102
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

You know, I just realised how big a tease KyoAni is.

Remember the beginning of the art class scene, where two of the girls in the class are complimenting Yuuta on his drawing skills and how cute he made Rikka look?

Why do we not get to see that drawing?!
Old 2012-11-09, 07:23   Link #103
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

We see a small snippet, and someone made some fanart.

It's fair to assume that it's a realistic drawing of her just sitting

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-09, 08:19   Link #104
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
*yawn*

This show is pretty boring.

Not a single character in this has an ounce of interesting depth. The humor has little charm now. No real direction to the story now as well, and if I can't laugh at the humor I'm wondering what's there left for me here.
Please add "for me" in your comment there, since such statement only apply to yourself alone. You can see that all of us here enjoyed this episode so much that we would give two thumbs up for this eps.
Old 2012-11-09, 08:23   Link #105
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The room "ambush duel" is the best and owned the whole episode~ Tes.
Old 2012-11-09, 09:12   Link #106
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I am a little surprised nobody tried to stop Rikka from climbing up and down with the rope. It is a pretty dangerous thing to do and she doesn't look like she has strong upper limb strength but she is climbing with just her hands w/o using her legs as safety.
One of these days she's gonna go splat and that'll be the end of it.
Old 2012-11-09, 09:15   Link #107
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Please add "for me" in your comment there, since such statement only apply to yourself alone. You can see that all of us here enjoyed this episode so much that we would give two thumbs up for this eps.
Why does he need to do that? It goes without saying that a comment about a show on a discussion board is that person's opinion. It just happens to be the minority view.
Old 2012-11-09, 09:25   Link #108
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Who would be there to stop her? Touka isn't home yet, and by the time Yuuta notices, Rikka is already climbing down the rope.
And besides, Touka herself uses that rope... seems like it's an acceptable means of transport in the Takanashi family.
Old 2012-11-09, 09:47   Link #109
Forsaken_Infinity

Episode gets a 10 from me just for making me laugh.

The Art class was just pure gold. Everything from the chitchat between Yuuta and Rikka to their drawings to Dekomori doing an outta the blue tackle on Shinka.

The rest of the episode was okay on the comedy. Some hilarious moments with Isshiki. Sure was bromance in there. Dekomori and Nibutani are so eerily similar that they have to fight each other off whenever they meet ;_;

That god damn Member number Zero sequence. Especially for Kumin. Holy shit.

It kinda sucks that the serious bits were literally overshadowed this episode but Rikka showed some serious signs of worry there with the train and hand holding and what not. I presume whatever she read on her phone was the same text as what Touka read. Sounds like some dire news. I guess it sets up the stage for something big. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

Oh and about the popularity contest and females overreacting part. I had a god damn similar incident happen to me. I was joking around with a classmate saying how all girls are prostitutes. It was in good fun. But another male classmate of mine had to relay it to a female classmate who was actually a pretty nice girl otherwise. Thing is, she didn't know the meaning of the word (first year highschool somewhere in Asia) so she asked the resident brainiac girl who took it way too seriously. Within 20 mins or so, all the girls knew and nobody cared that it was a joke and that I didn't mean to offend the girls in my class in any way. Had to apologize and got called up by the principal the next day where I had to apologize some more. I don't know if it's morbidly funny that the girl who complained to the principal and was responsible for most of the drama post my first apology turned out to be (and was pretty damn well showing all the signs of eventually turning into even back then) a through and through slut :|
Old 2012-11-09, 12:05   Link #110
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

@Forsaken_Infinity We have a saying here "Truth is not a sin, but it is uncomfortable", meaning that the more uncomfortable someone is by what someone says, the higher the probability it is true (at least for that person).
Old 2012-11-09, 13:04   Link #111
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Staff comments!
Episode Director/Storyboards Ichirou Miyoshi (Yoshiji Kigami):
Quote:
This is Miyoshi, the director of episode 6.

This episode was....maybe....perhaps....no, it definitely was...the Isshiki Episode you never wanted.

But please re-examine your disappointment. I hope you realized that Isshiki is supposed to be one of the main characters!

Thus I did my best as director to bring this character who was previously in Yuuta's shadow...no, this character who wasn't even present, into the spotlight. And so, this time Isshiki-kun got to shine! He was dazzling! Brilliant! Sparkling!

From henceforth, you should deathfinately pay attention to what he's doing!!
Color Coordinator Kana Miyata:
Quote:
I'm Miyata and I was in charge of coordinating the colors for episode 6. What should I talk about today? There's so many things we could mention.

This time, I'll talk about the different twilight colors that appeared during Isshiki's manly scene.

Whenever we create a color palette, we name that style of painting. This one's name was "Cute Twilight"!! When we met to decide the name, we hoped to used it in a scene where we "wanted to make it cute." When we thought "what kind of scene could we use 'Cute Twilight' for..." its impact wasn't even half of what we expected.

"Cute Twilight" wasn't suited for its name....

So embarrassing (x10)
So embarrassing (x10)

Because this work is composed of both single and varied colors, you should be able to find your favorite scene after thinking about it. (umx note: there is a pun on "single color" and "Isshiki" that doesn't translate well. Left it out, but wanted to acknowledge it.)

I hope you enjoy next week's episode too! ★ Thank you very much for watching this week.
Photographer Kouhei Funamoto:
Quote:
This is Funamoto, the person in charge of photographing episode 6.

This episode's tale is the typical male matter of deciding which girl is the cutest and then Isshiki-kun commits the mistake of losing the rankings.

The other impression I have from this episode are the rest of the class in 1-4. I really felt their presence and could remember their expressions. It really felt like they stood out compared to the main characters. Isshiki-kun's (blank) head was awfully radiant. (laughs)

Also, I hope those who wanted more advancement in the Yuuta/Rikka relationship got a pleasant feeling in this episode.

It pleases me if you enjoyed the effects and schemes used to make this sixth episode as pretty as a picture during photography.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-11-09, 13:17   Link #112
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Yeah we had them too as I wrote.
Must be something specific to german countries that no one really cares about it oO
actually my high school is in asia, I just moved here few years ago
Old 2012-11-09, 13:28   Link #113
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Staff comments!

He was dazzling! Brilliant! Sparkling!

Isshiki-kun's (blank) head was awfully radiant.
So cruel

Old 2012-11-09, 13:54   Link #114
ArturEngel
Kiririn's minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Boys ranking the girls in the class can be a big deal because for some girls to rank high it means many girls will be ranked low. It hurts the feelings of a girl if she found out the boys in her class ranked her as the least attractive person in the room. Not to mention the resentment it may cause among the girls themselves, the loss of self-confidence, and the bad feeling in general of knowing what they are in the eyes of boys, etc...
I agree on that. But don't the japaneese care more about feelings that could hurt someone as the western society, do they? In every show i see girls mostly shy and depressed. I don't have that much expirience with japaneese girls, so is it really that way?
Old 2012-11-09, 14:14   Link #115
Warm Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Color Coordinator Kana Miyata:
Whenever we create a color palette, we name that style of painting. This one's name was "Cute Twilight"!! When we met to decide the name, we hoped to used it in a scene where we "wanted to make it cute."
That's interesting. So they have a stock of every palette they have used for their shows, huh? I'd like to know if they also have a name for the lightning they use when depicting summer, since that's a staple of them and one of the first things people notice about Kyoani shows visually.
Old 2012-11-09, 15:10   Link #116
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Yeah we had them too as I wrote.
Must be something specific to german countries that no one really cares about it oO
At the german schools I've been attending, there was nothing like girl popularity rankings. Only the usual "Who do you think is cute/hawt/etc" talk between boys

Quote:
But please re-examine your disappointment. I hope you realized that Isshiki is supposed to be one of the main characters!
Now this came somewhat as a surprise. I would have thought That Isshiki would be something like a "primary support character" i. e. who still has more importance than other secondary characters, but among the main cast? A bit hard to imagine right now given that we have 2 chuunis, 2 ex-chuunis and the sempai who loves to join in the chuuni-"play
Old 2012-11-09, 15:21   Link #117
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
*yawn*

This show is pretty boring.

Not a single character in this has an ounce of interesting depth. The humor has little charm now. No real direction to the story now as well, and if I can't laugh at the humor I'm wondering what's there left for me here.
Nothing. Bye.

As for the episode, they really overdid it with the hair cutting. You can repeat a joke only so often. On the positive side, Shinka's small skirmishes with Sanae were entertaining and Rikka is just Rikka <3
Old 2012-11-09, 15:39   Link #118
hussien-11

this episode wasn't as good as the others in my opinion, overdramatic with the hair cutting scene .. and it wasn't as funny as the others.
Old 2012-11-09, 15:58   Link #119
Warm Mist

The hair cutting scene was supposed to be a joke. I'm surprised at the amount of people that didn't get it.

Actually, all of the "serious" moments of this episode were tongue-in-cheek and knew their own ridiculousness.
Old 2012-11-10, 03:55   Link #120
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
The hair cutting scene was supposed to be a joke. I'm surprised at the amount of people that didn't get it.

Actually, all of the "serious" moments of this episode were tongue-in-cheek and knew their own ridiculousness.
Exactly. I consider anything that's self-aware to be at the very least decent.

But this episode also had nice, real, little serious touches. Rikka hides a lot of pain under her chuuni guise.