AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-29, 05:25   Link #1481
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Didn't compared it to mind jack, I said, they should be glad it wasn't reviewed like that.

Btw also AngryJoe and other reviews that have posted back said it shouldn't have low scores and it was unfair, that's why they viewed they game as a gamer. If really alot would be biased against it (like RE6 was because it's no longer survival horror) then you'll get alot of vids trashing from this game, alot viewed it for what it is, it is fair, which shows alot of gamer reviewers out there know their games, know what they want in a game and are more professional in terms of reviewing a game than official sites that we know off.

PC cover seems now he's full demon seems Vorgil took all his angelness in the last battle. lol

http://sadpanda.us/images/1378757-1BO7QA3.jpg
Old 2013-01-29, 05:34   Link #1482
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

I still don't see him as anything other than a OP human. Are we to believe all demons just have white hair? That's what DmC seems to imply, yet it still shows us that there are in fact demonic looking creatures that you fight.

You'd think a half angel and demon would have some cool transformation when he activates his devil trigger.
I'm just beating a dead horse at this point, i'm sure it's something you've heard before, it's a nitpicky, yet legitimate complaint.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 12:49   Link #1483
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Btw also AngryJoe and other reviews that have posted back said it shouldn't have low scores and it was unfair, that's why they viewed they game as a gamer. If really alot would be biased against it (like RE6 was because it's no longer survival horror) then you'll get alot of vids trashing from this game, alot viewed it for what it is, it is fair, which shows alot of gamer reviewers out there know their games, know what they want in a game and are more professional in terms of reviewing a game than official sites that we know off.
I know, and that's great and it's how it should be. I'm not saying otherwise. My point is none of them have addressed why some people are giving it very low scores, which, I believe, would be good for newcomers to know. That's why I said that whilst the reviews of some gamers are unfair in terms of the game's actual worth, it isn't uncalled for either given that it was Capcom that had things turn out this way, and that NT behaved like a bunch of retards regarding this whole issue.
Old 2013-01-29, 15:06   Link #1484
Aqua Knight

I started playing and did 2 missions.
Nice game so far - also because my 2-year old notebook can run it on high-spec and I enjoy it with my gamepad.

I tried playing with white hair costume, but it doesn't really feel right,lol.

Also I really am confused with controls sometimes i.e. I mash wrong buttons all the time - I am not a hardcore hack'n'slash gamer, more a RPG and strategy fan.

Do you play without pushing the wrong buttons all the time?
Old 2013-01-29, 16:45   Link #1485
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I started playing and did 2 missions.
Nice game so far - also because my 2-year old notebook can run it on high-spec and I enjoy it with my gamepad.

I tried playing with white hair costume, but it doesn't really feel right,lol.

Also I really am confused with controls sometimes i.e. I mash wrong buttons all the time - I am not a hardcore hack'n'slash gamer, more a RPG and strategy fan.

Do you play without pushing the wrong buttons all the time?
At first... No.
I'm just like you, a RPG gamer.
I did a little bit of action RPG, but Hack&Slash are out of my confort zone.

Still, after some time playing, I managed to do some nice combo. Not great.... But nice (and that's enough for the moment) !
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 17:13   Link #1486
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I know, and that's great and it's how it should be. I'm not saying otherwise. My point is none of them have addressed why some people are giving it very low scores, which, I believe, would be good for newcomers to know. That's why I said that whilst the reviews of some gamers are unfair in terms of the game's actual worth, it isn't uncalled for either given that it was Capcom that had things turn out this way, and that NT behaved like a bunch of retards regarding this whole issue.
AngryJoe did address people from his vid he said "2 or zeroes? Let's look at it as a game and what it is." which he did and like most gaming fans that review games and post on youtube did as well.

The most unfair I think was RE6, 4.5 score, where the game is actually good. It's just butt hurt fans from the original survival horror as well. Here in DmC we get a game for casual gamers that is easy to access for new players, the real issue here is the overall change of the story, art, how Capcom and NT treat their fanbase and cat like idiots and style of the game, bugs and glitches are the latter.
Old 2013-01-29, 17:44   Link #1487
Aqua Knight

I don't know why people keep pointing to the Angry John or whatever reviews. After gaining a big number of subscribers, you still need to say what people like to hear about the game, so he is still bound to say that game kinda sucks.

Also that guy said that old badass Dante had cool one liner jokes - "I never knew dogs could talk, you'd certainly win in a dog contest". That's a lame joke from my POV.

I played both DMC 3 and DMC 4, and now playing DmC is also fun for me an ordinary gamer, who doesn't need to make over the top crazy combos and just want to enjoy nice gameplay.
Old 2013-01-29, 17:53   Link #1488
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I don't think newcomers have to be addressed about the original version during a review. Sequels like RE6 are actually compared with prequels (although RE6 was noted for several gameplay issues)
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 17:58   Link #1489
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I don't think newcomers have to be addressed about the original version during a review. Sequels like RE6 are actually compared with prequels (although RE6 was noted for several gameplay issues)
Normally they wouldn't, but for this game where every other guy is going "I don't understand the hate" whether it's an honest question or trollbait, it helps if more of these reviews could set the record straight.

Not everybody check gaming news after all.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 18:03   Link #1490
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

As for me the game is accessible to newer audience because of the simplified gameplay.
Though they alienated the old fanbase by giving something that isn't wanted. Alot wanted a sequel to the original series, what do we get? A reboot. Not so smart strategy of ca$hcom to westernize their games.Also this is the only DmC game I've seen with this amount of glitches and bugs. Worst of all it freezes! TRuly game breaking.

Also imho older games of DMC made you learn stuff, this DmC just perform the moves you'll get a high score with a A or SSS ranking.
Old 2013-01-29, 18:10   Link #1491
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
The most unfair I think was RE6, 4.5 score, where the game is actually good.
Gotta be honest with you, the series has strayed really far away from its strengths and has become a mediocre cover based shooter series now.

Capcom should've really looked at what made that game good. Same thing with DmC, instead of passing on a series to another company because they've written 'amazing stories' in their games, they should have thought about whether they can make a competent reboot that says "This is the definitive Devil May Cry experience"

4.5 is pretty low though, I'll give RE6 a 7.5/10, had really fun co-op.

Last edited by Celestia Ludenberg; 2013-01-29 at 19:58.
Old 2013-01-29, 19:30   Link #1492
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
Gotta be honest with you, the series has strayed really far away from its strengths and has become a mediocre cover based shooter series now.

Capcom should've really looked at what made that game good. Same thing with DmC, instead of passing on a series to another company because they're written 'amazing stories' in their games, they should have thought about whether they can make a competent reboot that says "This is the definitive Devil May Cry experience"

4.5 is pretty low though, I'll give RE6 a 7.5/10, had really fun co-op.
Like said. I think RE6 is still a good game with iconic characters not touched nor rebooted to suit the current trends, but the main issue is the gameplay that became a shooter base game.

DmC overall direction is just plain bad imho. Gameplay is for casuals that can be picked upped easily with out a learning that much on the moveset.
Old 2013-01-29, 22:01   Link #1493
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
I think RE6 may be able to deliver a better experience on PC. Better textures and framerates... consoles kinda had issues with these.

Quote:
Also that guy said that old badass Dante had cool one liner jokes - "I never knew dogs could talk, you'd certainly win in a dog contest". That's a lame joke from my POV.

I played both DMC 3 and DMC 4, and now playing DmC is also fun for me an ordinary gamer, who doesn't need to make over the top crazy combos and just want to enjoy nice gameplay.
At least there's not F*** everywhere. Which is far from being funny or even socially acceptable.

You're not picky with this game, but you probably would hate your favorite game/series take a completely different direction.
Old 2013-01-29, 22:35   Link #1494
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
You could always play like this

And DmC is far from having a nice gameplay. The only thing good about it is the platforming, but if that is what I want, I'd go and play Zelda or Darksiders instead.

Being a casual gamer doesn't mean you can't enjoy the previous games, and it also doesn't mean you will be able to enjoy this game just because it's easy to pick up. My friend who doesn't play much hack 'n slack game dropped this one just because he can't stand the character. The gameplay is not better than previous or other games, so what is left for enjoyment? The story and character. I also dropped this game after 30 minutes playing, seeing it doesn't offer anything that could give me a nice moment of entertaining.

At least in Bayonetta, I didn't like a single character but I still be able to play through the game just because it has great gameplay.
Old 2013-01-29, 23:13   Link #1495
demino_hellsin
That one guy

DMC was by no means discrimanatory against newcomers. Insteaad it's newcomers who discriminate against DMC. No one is forcing them to do insane combos. No one is pointing a gun at their heads and saying they should a triple S rank or they double tapped with a 9mm. Original tells you as it is, the lead character is awesome, he is triple S awesome, good luck reaching there.

DmC takes that idea and turns it into a feel good kind of thing. "Oh look. Triple S, sweet.". And everyone else watching you miught just think, I don't really see anything cool as he's just wailing away with an axe.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 23:19   Link #1496
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Just want to ask, have people actually bother with the ranking? I thought most of the time they just want to make a combo as flashy as they could.
Old 2013-01-29, 23:58   Link #1497
demino_hellsin
That one guy

the rankings are a standard. Flashy combos are a personal kind of thing. So objective versus subjective. The objective judging comes from the system tallying your stats, subjective judging shows how pleased you are by your own combos.

Objective judging by DmC is utterly and completely destroyed, style meter wise and mission ranking wise. It's like it's telling you congratulations on sucking. Subjective judging, the combos are pretty flashy and will appeal to a lot of people who want to see some pretty unique stuff. For pros it takes away from the awe because technical skills for the combos were lowered as far as I heard, and I can only agree since button input commands seem to be limited to timing when you should press attack.

On my personal views, I don't think weapon switch should've been implemented to all weapons. Weapon sets make for more interesting gameplay because it makes you think about your set-up. Having quick switch access to all weapons just lets you go and wail away at the enemy. Heck the inventory screen becomes utterly useless and you need only wonder someday why it's still even there. They should've just put map and consumables or something. The weapons and combos don't have the same flair they did as back in past DMC games. Maybe because they're all the same silver color? Maybe because each of them do practically the same thing? They don't seem to have that insane awe inspiring design to them that made me like ifrit, or agni-rudra. Heck Cerberus even won me over by the time I stopped playing devil may cry 3. Guns are so standard that it's really saddening. At least 4 had pandora's box filling in for interesting guns and it did a crapload of stuff. Here... not really.

Hmm... kinda turned to a rant.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 13:57   Link #1498
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

The Zero punctuation review is out lol
Old 2013-01-30, 19:16   Link #1499
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

I'm waiting for the Hyperbit hero review.

Also, lol at all the posts when this thread was first made, makes you wish you could go back in time and show them footage of the game.
Old 2013-01-30, 19:40   Link #1500
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
I'm waiting for the Hyperbit hero review.

Also, lol at all the posts when this thread was first made, makes you wish you could go back in time and show them footage of the game.
Would Hyperbit even do a review ? Maybe just a devious intent on Mundus/Vorgil

Alarmhat did a quick and simple review:

Spoiler:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote