Notices

Old 2014-02-24, 15:14   Link #2141
misso

from a japanese blog: shingeki-kyojin.com

chapter 1:

Spoiler for is that annie, bertholt and the guy who was eaten by ymir?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
No from the context it really seemed that she was refering to being a "nice person, selfless and helping others", which Historia was doing while she had her fake persona "Christa" on. The recent chapter, where Historia talked with Eren about it, ironically showed that at least in Eren's eyes "playing goddess" is something creepy.
aaah, that makes sense! yes i can see it this way too. Thanks for the answer.
misso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 16:42   Link #2142
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

You mean Reiner, right? Bertolt was inside of the Colossal Titan at that time.

But still, didn't they mention that the incident with Berick/Marcel happened in/near their home village?
Old 2014-02-25, 07:15   Link #2143
misso

yes reiner!

I don't know if it was next their home village or somewhere else. It was just something I found in a japanese blog, maybe it's just 3 small titans...
Old 2014-02-25, 17:45   Link #2144
Lazyywutaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
as for the whole wall maria thing... I just dont get it... why cant they lure titans to one spot and sent small group from the opposite side towards wall maria.... then climb the wall... and go to the shingashina district around on top of that wall... as titans cant get up there anyways. Its like if the holes are from south from the Shingashina part why cant they move towards the wall maria by north side where there is no hole and titans are focused on that one spot (hole) to move deeper into the city
The titans are now probably spread all over the area behind Maria. But it could be possible that there are fewer titans in the north than there are in the south.

Still, the area is to big to make sure that all titans are at one spot. Also if they manage to get on the wall, they'd need to travel 1500km to get from the northernmost district to Shiganshina. That'll take around 2 months on foot. They'd need to carry all food and water with them since there's no way they could get resupplied. Maybe they can climb down the wall at some points and find edible fruits and plants but I wouldn't count on that.

If they travel by horse on the wall, they'd need to get them up first. That means transporting elevators to Wall Maria. And more food and water for the horses.

And they'd need to get back as well.
Lazyywutaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 06:56   Link #2145
misso

in chapter 6, how did Eren know where was Mikasa? like how did he find the house? maybe it's a stupid question but I just don't understand how he knew where the bad guys and Mikasa were hiding.

and why do people think that Eren ate his father? how did they get to this conclusion?
Old 2014-02-27, 09:07   Link #2146
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by misso View Post
in chapter 6, how did Eren know where was Mikasa? like how did he find the house? maybe it's a stupid question but I just don't understand how he knew where the bad guys and Mikasa were hiding.

and why do people think that Eren ate his father? how did they get to this conclusion?
If Eren transformed at some point when he got the injection, then he probably couldn't maintain control as it was his first transformation probably, another possibility is that it is something similar to what Ymir did to Berick/Marcel, i.e. Eren got the power somehow from Grisha... a this second idea is a bit far fetched for me though.

There was also a mistranslation in 1 of the scans, which was implying that Eren ate his father, but the Kodansha version and other scans showed it differently.

As for how Eren found Mikasa... it was probably Grisha who somehow found them, but he then went to the police to get help, while Eren attacked them solo. As for how Grisha found them though... I have no idea.
Old 2014-02-27, 14:23   Link #2147
DevilsClaw1991

I've just re-read the first chapter and rewatched the first episode and realized the title was "To you in 2000 years". Any idea what that could mean?
Secondly the whole thing about Erens long dream, tears in his eyes and his statement about Mikasas hair is kind of weird.
I really hope the author has a good explanation for it without involving something like time travelling or a time loop.
Anyhow I think the title of the first episode/chapter and the dream could be something crucial in the end.
DevilsClaw1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 14:29   Link #2148
zibi88

Quote:

Well Mikasa's family mostly lived away from town center... so generally there should be lower amount of houses nerby where killers could hide undetected... Grisha was traveling all around the walls and mostly knows the area.... they found mikasas parents dead and mostly saw that they are still warm so the murderers couldnt go far away in this time so they concluded possibile spots where they could hide.... but well Grisha went for the police...while eren went to those places in order to search (I guess house after house)

Grisha later mostly came to the location he throught might be the best place for killers to hide and noticed mikasa and eren there (mostly standing outside)... or eren created the fireplace in order to warm mikasa up and grisha saw the smoke and went there

As for eren eating grisha.... well I came up with this idea some time ago (just speculation)... well after the titan attack and erens mother death... Grisha found eren and was mostly doing the injections but eren noticed that he acts strange after his mother death.... Grisha said that explaining would take too long and that "the memories will show him the way"... after that he disappeared (5years ago) and never appeared again

In recent chapters when eren was undergoing experiment and was pushed to his limits... his mind released some information he is not aware of when he is concious.... He started to write that "Father...had me..." and apperently whatever it was it coused him a lot of pain/suffering deep inside.... a level that made him go outside of his titan form so whatever it was it coused eren a strong mental pain

similar mental suffering he felt and is feeling when his mother has been killed....so there is a possibility that after the injection eren forcefully turned into a titan and killed Grisha like by eating him and regaining his senses (thats why he was crying becouse of fear and loss).

Maybe grisha has a serum made on the look of ape-titan ability of turning humans into titans... first it turns the human into mindless titan... but when that titan eats shifter they turn into humans back.... grisha was traveling all around regions healing plagues... maybe he had the coordinate all along and made eren eat him and gain this abilty along with the titan-shifter abilty (dual ability)... coordinate to manipulate titans (and maybe human memories like that woman and historia) and titan-shifting to protect himself in danger.

Grisha knew what are the side-effects of the serum (memory loss) and that happened to all shifters so maybe grisha comes from the warrior tribe (that's why he did not give the town the basement information as he was a spy from the opposite village.... but like reiner lost his path and fell in love with a woman here). He left home and went for the inner walls and as he left the wall got attacked.

Anyway we wont know what is going on until the author say himself... but we can speculate.... on why Eren was in such a pain when he was remembering something about his father (he already knows that he did that injection, basmenet, protect mikasa and armin so it wont be the case.... something different happened that shook him deeply.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 07:53   Link #2149
misso

i don't know what to think about this :/
is this a good thing or not?

Quote:
Found this on a French website. I did the translation really quickly because I was in a rush when I found this, so I apologize in advance if it's not that good.

Q: About the ending. You have publicly stated that you had a specific ending in mind right from the start.

A: The plot is pretty open-ended, new elements were added, and some characters have emerged in a very unexpected way.

Q: So the story kind of built itself, and could have an ending that's different from the one you had previously planned?

A: Yes.

Q: This is a big change. I've read all your interviews up to this day, and I've come to think that you had something incredibly traumatizing for the ending.

A: I'm a little lost. At first, I was going to make a traumatizing ending. Like in the movie Mist where everybody dies. I wanted to do something like that.

But when I saw all the fans who had started supporting the series because of the anime, I realized that I could not do something like this anymore (which would not be very well received by them).

Q: Ohhhh…

A: I'm really lost, right?
(found in mangahelpers forum)
Old 2014-03-02, 11:27   Link #2150
Breimoon

Welll as long as the ending is well made it does not matter if it is a bad end or a good end , the important is making sure things are well made.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 17:47   Link #2151
RTypeHmph

Fan made Rouge Titan VS Armored Titan video

With Season 2 being so far away, I decided to make a video about the inevitable Clash between the Rogue and Armored Titan. I hope you guys enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_BP7QG4rpE
RTypeHmph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 15:07   Link #2152
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Well the anime was too shounen in my opinion with the songs, OSTs and the visual style. It doesn't reflect the grimness natural of the manga. Also giving Eren the titan power doesn't help either, honesty I will be much interested in this traumatic ending that he originally planned than the new ending.
Old 2014-03-04, 17:29   Link #2153
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Well the anime was too shounen in my opinion with the songs, OSTs and the visual style. It doesn't reflect the grimness natural of the manga. Also giving Eren the titan power doesn't help either, honesty I will be much interested in this traumatic ending that he originally planned than the new ending.
How can a shonen anime/manga be to shonen?
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 19:09   Link #2154
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
How can a shonen anime/manga be to shonen?
I considered SnK(manga) to be in the Seinen genre.
Old 2014-03-04, 19:35   Link #2155
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I considered SnK(manga) to be in the Seinen genre.
The magazine, it is published in, is Shounen though.

Ironically... the levi spin-off is in a Shoujo magazine.
Old 2014-03-04, 20:32   Link #2156
BoyTitan

Quote:
i don't know what to think about this :/
is this a good thing or not?

(found in mangahelpers forum)
No keeping characters a live for the fans is horrible story telling. but you can have tragedies with good endings a lot of Stephen Kings books somewhat do this even the mist book ending. The thing is when you create a mysterius world you don't have to reveal all its secrets because when you do that you have to ad more secrets to said sci-fi world and it becomes a convulted mess instead leave the mystery and expand upon it. That is what this writer has been doing so far and should keep doing keep making the Titan mystery bigger and more important.
Old 2014-03-04, 20:35   Link #2157
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
The magazine, it is published in, is Shounen though.

Ironically... the levi spin-off is in a Shoujo magazine.
Yep, the manga it's published in is Bessatsu Shounen.

With the Levi spin-off, clearly Kodansha understands who a good number of Levi's fans are.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 11:07   Link #2158
Kiltias

Shouldn't be long until the chapter is out.

Summary and pics are out.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 11:29   Link #2159
Breimoon

i did find summary but no pics yet.And it is not confirmed
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 11:31   Link #2160
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
i did find summary but no pics yet.And it is not confirmed
It is confirmed, and all images are out.

Not sure if I can post some here though.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote