AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you think Kiminozo had a good ending?
Played game, thought ending was good 23 6.57%
Played game, thought ending was bad 11 3.14%
Didn't play game, thought ending was good 202 57.71%
Didn't play game, thought ending was bad 114 32.57%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-03-09, 13:02   Link #61
Newton

Send a message via ICQ to Newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
I believe being in a relationship with someone isn't simply having romantic feelings for one another--as Takayuki and Haruka have shown--but it's also a matter of choosing to love someone.
That is excactly how i see relation-ship things.
Part of it is to "fall" in love with someone but another part of it is a descision, if you want to work on your feelings, think about them and finally decide if your feelings are strong enough to feel love towards her/him.
Some or most party might be sub-conscious, but i still believe it is a kind of own descision.

For the KGNE ending itself i think too, that an ending with Haruka would have much less impression, but be more happy (imho). I would really have prefered a Haruka one, though. (call me hopeless romantic or whatever )
Newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 21:50   Link #62
VarSword

Bad, baaaaad ending.. The whole serie was great, but I hate the ending..

Maybe it's because I haven't played the game (yet, heheh) but who the hell is Daikuuji? How did she get that book? No more info about the Sky Temple's Owner daughter? Where's Akane's move??

Ack >.> I can't believe it's over, I looooooove KGNE..
VarSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 03:30   Link #63
Devourer
Artificial Human

Quote:
Orginally posted by Bubblemunche 1) Firstly, Bakayuki (whoever came up with this term, you're a genius ) did NOT, for the most part of Haruka's coma, showed any concern for the poor girl So what makes him think he has the right to come back to Haruka's life now that she's up and running?!?! Yah, Haruka would probably be thrilled for a while, but i think she's gonna suffer next coz she's stuck with such a loser :P
It's things like this that make me wonder if we watched the same series. It was implied that he visited quite often during the first year or show, however as he sunk deeper and deeper into his depression he began to lose his sanity. Then, when he tried to take Haruka out of the hospital, her parents basically told him to stay the hell away from their daughter. Then when she woke up, she wanted to see Takayuki and her parents begged him to start visiting again, hoping that it would help with her recovery. (Which was a lot to ask considered how they treated he before.)

Futhermore, I can't stand how moronic everyone's judgement of Takayuki. He's hardly the creep you make him out to be, but rather a victim of circumstance. His only major fault is that he tries to help everyone and it ends up working against him. After being sent away by Haruka's parents he for the most part completely stopped caring about life. Mitsuki helped him back on his feet and helped him reassemble a somewhat normal life, which was blown out of the water by Haruka's awakening. I would go on, but it's not worth spending anymore time on this, when it's likely that'll just be flamed to a crisp by the yokels as they scream out "Bakayuki! Bakayuki!" Fah.
Devourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 03:55   Link #64
kujoe
from head to heel

I agree. Another thing I'd like to add is that part of our apparent collective hate towards Takayuki is because we don't want to be like him--and because we also see a little of him in our selves. How can we even hate someone without some comparison to who we are? Perhaps, the same thing goes with regard to Mitsuki and Haruka--which could probably help explain why a certain person is more sympathetic to one or the other.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 14:53   Link #65
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devourer
It's things like this that make me wonder if we watched the same series. It was implied that he visited quite often during the first year or show, however as he sunk deeper and deeper into his depression he began to lose his sanity. Then, when he tried to take Haruka out of the hospital, her parents basically told him to stay the hell away from their daughter. Then when she woke up, she wanted to see Takayuki and her parents begged him to start visiting again, hoping that it would help with her recovery. (Which was a lot to ask considered how they treated he before.)

Futhermore, I can't stand how moronic everyone's judgement of Takayuki. He's hardly the creep you make him out to be, but rather a victim of circumstance. His only major fault is that he tries to help everyone and it ends up working against him. After being sent away by Haruka's parents he for the most part completely stopped caring about life. Mitsuki helped him back on his feet and helped him reassemble a somewhat normal life, which was blown out of the water by Haruka's awakening. I would go on, but it's not worth spending anymore time on this, when it's likely that'll just be flamed to a crisp by the yokels as they scream out "Bakayuki! Bakayuki!" Fah.

after reading the forums for the past hour... I find myself disliking Takayuki less and less.. I do see a bit of him in me tho, and I believe that has alot to do with why I was hating him in the middle of the series.

I'm still a mitsuki supporter, i can't help it. With as faithful as she was throughout the 3 years until things with Taka went to hell. She did her best to be true to her friend Haruka and to Taka... IMO
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 18:52   Link #66
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
I didn't like the ending at all. It's too happy and everyone is happy. It's a fairy-tale ending and everything is nice and neat. It's like AYA Enishi with a happy ending. I think the writers came from Disney. Took something that was good and made it like an After School Special (for those americans)

Yep, cause nothng in life is ever happy. Life is nothing but pain and sad thoughts.

The ending wasn't happy or sad to me. Everything had its place. You don't really know how you know who are doing, just that they are living their lives.

oh and my vote was for liked the ending didn't play the game.
Kracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 04:44   Link #67
neoko

i wanted him to be with the pinked headed girl...forgot her name already, but each time i think of it - it's like i get heart broken or something...as much as mitsuki is loving and caring i still prefer the pink headed girl...haruka ? was it?
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 13:46   Link #68
Roxchan
Part-time Slacker

Talking

posted it twice.. read bellow T^_^
Roxchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 13:54   Link #69
Roxchan
Part-time Slacker

Talking

kyaaa! i'm soo happy about the ending!! mitsuki rules!! no, mitsuki is not a biatch. ppl who dislike her, i doubt that you wouldn't do the same if you were in her place. >.< i sorta had da same experience like hers. there's no doubt that mitsuki suffered more than haruka did, so mitsuki deserves takayuki the most!!!! mitsuki haters, at least take da time to think about what she's been through instead of being busy hating her. if she didn't take the chance on takayuki, what wud happen if haruka never woke up? aanndd yeah, sure, haruka got hit by a car, but she didn't suffer as much as mitsuki did cuz she was sleeping! we're talking about mental pain here.. if you're physically wounded, the time will come that it will heal all by itself but if you're mentally hurt, then, you could be hurt forever if you don't do something about it. that's why a lot of people commits suicide >.< aannndd plus, mitsuki has been suffering for about 4 years, even before takayuki and haruka went out with each other! she just kept it to herself, in fear of betraying haruka! u have no idea how much secret love hurts! it hurts even more than unrequited love! cuz if it's unrequited love then, you love him, he doesn't love you and that's that. secret love, you'll always be haunted by these thoughts that you can't express. if she was really that selfish, she shouldn't have suffered, she shouldn't have cried, she shouldn't have thought about haruka at all. but she did, didn't she? ppheww, glad that was out xD yay mitsuki rules!! *dances around* kyaa.. this is such an old topic >.< gaah who cares!
Roxchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 01:27   Link #70
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
actually, me think taka deserves either of them and he should rot in the 9 depth of hell, (most of mistuki's pain is kinda brought on by him after all).

back to the topic though, yeah I think the ending is good, my opinion is kinda baised (i was rooting for Mistuki from the start) but nonetheless, me think the ending made to most sense out of all the possible endings in the game.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 22:28   Link #71
Whitesparkles

i love the ending....very happy for Mitsuki....hehehe and i heard that in the game..she gave birth to Takayuki's baby....^___________________^
Whitesparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 02:10   Link #72
Panky

Quote:
"I think I can do it, I think I can do it - I believe we CAN be friends again one day"
Does she says that at the final? In my traduction she says that "it was even harder than i tought to be only friends"

Well, i would have liked the typical ending of any happy-anime series, but i think it was alright actually. I think that Haruka represents the "inocence", because she didn't know anything of what was going on, she was the one that never lied to anyone( i think ) and never tried to harm Mitsuki(or else in the 2nd chap she would have been angry to Takayuki) until nearly the end. Nice ending, i think that japanese are very good at the hour of details, they didn't forgot one ( such as the book that narumi asked haruka to make and how the little stoat represented herself).
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 22:36   Link #73
Pindle

Hihi, I watched this anime over the last two days. It was great, even though there was times when I cringed when Takayuki acted dumb (pretty much every episode), that anime left an impact after every episode lol. I've never played the game before at all, but I wanna comment on the ending. Since I haven't played the game, there's not as much for me to say as others did, except I thought it went pretty good with the anime (possibly could be different if I saw all the games endings). Akane and Haruka lead to be very successful in life, Akane a professional athlete and Haruka an author. Takayuki and Mitsuki end up living together once again I assume in a new house since Takayuki left his old apartment (i guess that's what it was?). They didn't really show that after the whole "a few years later thing" except that Mitsuki had the ring on again, and I wish they had shown them together or something atleast, probably my only complaint was they didn't show the two "lovers" together again, and exaggerated on Akane.

Also, when Haruka is at the tree at the very very end and she turns around and smiles, I'm guessing Mitsuki, Takayuki, and Shinji are there because they saw and read her book, or that's what I assumed from it atleast.

All that said, It was a pretty good anime and left an impact on me making me think after every episode. If someone would be so kind as to PM me what happens in the game, like how many endings there are and what happens because I don't understand the least bit of japanese, and I don't believe there's a translation patch out there . What's the "true" ending for the game? and I heard under the Mitsuki ending, her and Takayuki have a baby? is this true or what? ^^ someone please get back to me on the game and how it was, thanks in advance.

I am right about the ending though? Anyone care to correct me? As in Takayuki and Mitsuki ended up living together a happy life we can assumed? Well, sorry for the long speech, I didn't intend to write this much lol.

Cya will check back here later if anyone cares to read this.
Pindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 23:37   Link #74
Panky

Quote:
Also, when Haruka is at the tree at the very very end and she turns around and smiles, I'm guessing Mitsuki, Takayuki, and Shinji are there because they saw and read her book, or that's what I assumed from it atleast.
No, for what i assume, they don't join and they won't ( strange that shinji appeared when haruka finished rehab and not before btw) at least SOME time. That you saw was the book. If you're not sure, you saw the OVA's? In the first one Akane is seeing of deleting Takayuki from her cell because he said that he won't meet again Haruka.

What refers to the book:
Stoat => little and ?adorable? animal
Haru => Haruka
Little ... ...
The great treasure => Friendship or love, it's what anyone may think, i think's friendship.
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 01:11   Link #75
Pindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panky
No, for what i assume, they don't join and they won't ( strange that shinji appeared when haruka finished rehab and not before btw) at least SOME time. That you saw was the book. If you're not sure, you saw the OVA's? In the first one Akane is seeing of deleting Takayuki from her cell because he said that he won't meet again Haruka.

What refers to the book:
Stoat => little and ?adorable? animal
Haru => Haruka
Little ... ...
The great treasure => Friendship or love, it's what anyone may think, i think's friendship.
I haven't seen the OVA(s), but that makes alot of sense what you said, that it was actually the book. I didn't even know there was OVAs for this, where did you see them?

edit: oh oh oh, do you mean.. Akane Maniax and all those? I need to watch those soon, I forgot about them, thanks for the reminder ^^. So looks like I was mostly right, except about how I thought they actually met up at the tree.
Old 2006-09-06, 21:15   Link #76
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
good or bad ending totally depends on the viewer's stand on whether or not he should have ended up with Mitsuki or Haruka. I believe this was the most satisfiing ending because though at one point, he did love Mitsuki, those feelings were long gone and he mainly just felt guilty towards the end. If he would have chosen her, he would have gone against his heart. buuuuut thats just my opinion
Old 2006-09-07, 00:06   Link #77
Pindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie
good or bad ending totally depends on the viewer's stand on whether or not he should have ended up with Mitsuki or Haruka. I believe this was the most satisfiing ending because though at one point, he did love Mitsuki, those feelings were long gone and he mainly just felt guilty towards the end. If he would have chosen her, he would have gone against his heart. buuuuut thats just my opinion

you mean 'he did love Haruka*' right? =p
Old 2006-09-07, 21:35   Link #78
Pindle

lols, I finally got around to watching the Akane Maniax series too, didn't know that Akane liked Takayuki(or i'm guessing who that's who she was refering to when she said something along the lines of "I can't distinguish between my feelings for Goda and for that person"). Anyways was interesting, interested in Muv-Luv but I prefer anime over manga :/ hope it comes out one day ^^
Old 2007-01-01, 03:50   Link #79
dogfaja

The Only For Three Men To Keep A Secret....is That The Two Are Dead.. Or So I Thought.
dogfaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 06:11   Link #80
sustaekena
Don't Playa Hate

I liked the ending because it showed everyone's moving on with their lives and the possiblity of them all becoming friends again (through Haruka's book).

Don't Hate The Playa/Playette Hate The Game
sustaekena is offline   Reply With Quote