AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 281 74.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 66 17.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 3.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.27%
Voters: 377. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-22, 09:32   Link #321
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder
Must've been another story, I think where a princess kisses a frog actually. I never did like how Sleeping Beauty and Snow White were so similar. Snow White was ugly too
Ugly? How could a character described as being beautiful in a short story be ugly when there is no pictures?

What, did you think Walt Disney invented Snow White or something?

(And if you can't even remember the story, how could you possibly even dislike the plot? )
Old 2006-07-22, 09:36   Link #322
Shredder

Beauty and the Beast kicked both of their asses anyway, but that's off topic. Who cares, people get too serious. Snow White as she is commonly pictured (yes probably as a result of Disney), is ugly. The endings of it and Sleeping Beauty seem far too similar to me. Obviously they both involve kissing ppl to wake them up, and I think that's adequate grounds for disliking them. That, and Snow White's ugliness as portrayed by Disney.
Old 2006-07-22, 09:48   Link #323
Skane
Anime Snark

Thumbs down

That's no fault of Snow White...

It is up to you to envision her as the most ideal beauty. The tale of Snow White predates the Disney's version by more than a century...

Whatever happened to reader's imagination...
Old 2006-07-23, 01:13   Link #324
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder
Beauty and the Beast kicked both of their asses anyway, but that's off topic. Who cares, people get too serious. Snow White as she is commonly pictured (yes probably as a result of Disney), is ugly. The endings of it and Sleeping Beauty seem far too similar to me. Obviously they both involve kissing ppl to wake them up, and I think that's adequate grounds for disliking them. That, and Snow White's ugliness as portrayed by Disney.
now thats something serious about you. they're ugly? no, but beautiful in their ways. how can you compare whats in the past to the current pleasant yet penniless present?
Old 2006-07-23, 02:29   Link #325
molitar

Excellent end. And I'm surprised how many think he kissed her just to save the world. Everything he said at the end made me realize he was finally realizing what Haruhi meant to him. He loved her but now he himself has a problem she thinks it was just a nightmare dream she had but not really sure. He doesn't really know how she feels about him tho the pony tail has gave him a clue but is it because she likes him or to see how he would react to find out if it was all real or a dream. I sure hope for a season 2 they have alot to play on them two comming to terms with themselves and each other.

Now on Mikuru sure he thinks she's hot but it's more like someone he finds himself liking to tease just a little and have fun with. Otherwise he wouldn't of brought up the star shaped mole it was to get a rise out of her and get her back to her fun loving self. So to him she is hot and fun to be with but as a friend not more and he finds that he himself also enjoys teasing her a bit just like Haruhi does, but his real feelings belong to Haruhi.
Old 2006-08-05, 23:35   Link #326
i0td

The Kyon version may be out of order, but lovely end to a great series nevertheless. I admit that because of the somewhat incoherent order, a few parts earlier did get a bit confusing, but this episode tied everything together very nicely by making sense of everything that has gone on in this series. Having never read the manga, I never suspected that many of the episodes were technically part of a new world, or reality for that matter. From the way the "nightmare" ended in this episode, I say there is definitely potential for more screen time, especially with this budding relationship. But whether or not there will be another season (any word on that? looks like more material in the manga), this series has already provided us with a masterful and complete ending. 10/10
Old 2007-07-06, 20:21   Link #327
Kunami
くなみ

Send a message via AIM to Kunami Send a message via MSN to Kunami Send a message via Yahoo to Kunami
Aroo? What's going on here? o_O
Old 2007-07-07, 12:14   Link #328
GyroidFanatic

...why did you bump a year-old topic?
Old 2008-07-26, 21:52   Link #329
CinemaZebra
Okinawan Pirate

This is my favorite episode by far. In my opinion it actually might have made a better ending then Episode 9 itself. Very epic and beautiful.
Old 2008-08-10, 02:47   Link #330
Autumn Demon
~

start at 4:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FrUHBOYdsw
Old 2008-08-10, 08:13   Link #331
V33D12AG0N
The Draconic Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post
Thanks!! now I know the title of the song I've been seeking for so loooonggg!!!! Now I've got the mp3. If you guys want to download the mp3, its there: http://www.naxos.com/podcasts/Classi...phony_No.8.mp3

unfortunately, it includes some comments in the audio... I'll find another link soon
Old 2008-08-10, 08:33   Link #332
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
...why did you bump a year-old topic?
It seems to have happened twice.

I suppose people are running out of things to discuss in the Genderbent thread.
Old 2008-11-19, 13:30   Link #333
Mew Mew 117
Super Girl in Love

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Excellent end. And I'm surprised how many think he kissed her just to save the world. Everything he said at the end made me realize he was finally realizing what Haruhi meant to him. He loved her but now he himself has a problem she thinks it was just a nightmare dream she had but not really sure. He doesn't really know how she feels about him tho the pony tail has gave him a clue but is it because she likes him or to see how he would react to find out if it was all real or a dream. I sure hope for a season 2 they have alot to play on them two comming to terms with themselves and each other.

Now on Mikuru sure he thinks she's hot but it's more like someone he finds himself liking to tease just a little and have fun with. Otherwise he wouldn't of brought up the star shaped mole it was to get a rise out of her and get her back to her fun loving self. So to him she is hot and fun to be with but as a friend not more and he finds that he himself also enjoys teasing her a bit just like Haruhi does, but his real feelings belong to Haruhi.
I agree, but I feel kinda bad for Mikuru. That is, if she herself likes Kyon.
Old 2008-12-01, 00:25   Link #334
Ardee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious View Post
ahah, I got that vibe too. In fact when the music was playing and the monster was wrecking everything my very first thought was "Close Encounters of the Third Kind meets Neon Genesis Evangelion." Crazy.

And yeah, there's a lot of stuff in this show that alludes to other series. Quite a few references to Eva.
Just noticed another Eva thing today that emphasizes the eternal optimism of this story vs. the... nihilism?... of Eva:

The song at the end of Eva: Come, Sweet Death (Komm, susser Tod)
The song at the end of Haruhi: Come, Spirit of Creation (Veni, creator spiritus)

:-)
Old 2008-12-20, 02:20   Link #335
othera

the book reading... ruined it D:<
Old 2008-12-22, 20:33   Link #336
Ziggy256

Does anyone know the piano song of when Haruhi started doing Mikuru's hair in this episode?
Closed Thread