AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-07-15, 18:45   Link #201
GLH

Ok, need some help. I was recommended Aegisub a few months ago here on this site. I've finally got around to using it and it does exactly what I need. However, I have a few questions:

- When editing the existing subtitles of a particular episode I will load the episode into Aegisub and then make the corrections. When I'm finished I'll save this new corrected subtitle file. Let's call it "01 Corrected" being that I save it as that. I'll then use the MKVtoolnix to mux everything back together. Now I have my episode with all of its original files and my corrected subtitle file. I'll then open the episode, right-click the VSFilter icon on my task bar and select the corrected subtitle file. In this case it will be titled something like "S:Undetermined" and be at the bottom. I'm wondering if there is any way to change that to a title of my choice? For example, "S:01 Corrected." Or am I stuck with "S:Undetermined."

- Finally, some of my videos contain both the English dub and Japanese dub. Of course it also has an English subtitle file. Let's say one of my episodes opens with the Japanese dub and the default English subtitle file by default. However, I would like it to open with the Japanese dub and my corrected subtitle file, is there anyway I can do this?

Thanks!
GLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 20:34   Link #202
TGEN
Far out, man!
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
Ok, need some help. I was recommended Aegisub a few months ago here on this site. I've finally got around to using it and it does exactly what I need. However, I have a few questions:

- When editing the existing subtitles of a particular episode I will load the episode into Aegisub and then make the corrections. When I'm finished I'll save this new corrected subtitle file. Let's call it "01 Corrected" being that I save it as that. I'll then use the MKVtoolnix to mux everything back together. Now I have my episode with all of its original files and my corrected subtitle file. I'll then open the episode, right-click the VSFilter icon on my task bar and select the corrected subtitle file. In this case it will be titled something like "S:Undetermined" and be at the bottom. I'm wondering if there is any way to change that to a title of my choice? For example, "S:01 Corrected." Or am I stuck with "S:Undetermined."

- Finally, some of my videos contain both the English dub and Japanese dub. Of course it also has an English subtitle file. Let's say one of my episodes opens with the Japanese dub and the default English subtitle file by default. However, I would like it to open with the Japanese dub and my corrected subtitle file, is there anyway I can do this?

Thanks!
Pass --language "<trackno>:<language code>" --track-name "<trackno>:<description>" --default-track <trackno>:yes as arguments to mkvmerge. Users can specify their own preferences in players though, e.g. Japanese dub over English dub or Korean subtitles over Chinese, etc.
TGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 06:59   Link #203
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGEN View Post
Pass --language "<trackno>:<language code>" --track-name "<trackno>:<description>" --default-track <trackno>:yes as arguments to mkvmerge. Users can specify their own preferences in players though, e.g. Japanese dub over English dub or Korean subtitles over Chinese, etc.
If you're using the GUI: drop the files you want to include on it, then click your new subtitle track and just type in the track name, select a language and under "default track flag" select "yes". Then, click the original track and set default track flag to "no". This determines which track is the default, if you have two or more of the same type (video, audio, subtitles).

You could also just untick the original track and use your corrected one instead, if you were so inclined.

Handy screenshot:
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 10:48   Link #204
TGEN
Far out, man!
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
If you're using the GUI
Heresy! <here be additional characters to pass the minimum number of characters requirement>
TGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 18:37   Link #205
GLH

GUI FTW!

Thank you both for your help!
GLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 07:07   Link #206
Lynn
huh?

I hope you can help me with a mysterious timing problem. If I try scenetiming with aegisub with one special workraw (other files were working correctly) the keyframes kinda change. I mean they are actually at the same time, but the video changes. One time its exactly on the beginning of the scene but if I look back a little later its often one frame before or after the scenechange. And this jumps forwards and backwards each time I try. So I try to scenetime to see later that everything is out of scenes...
Please help me to find out what's causing this problem. Because I'm really in doubt about the condition of my mind
BTW... its not the aegisub version or my computer, I tried different versions on different PC's - its the same.

in case it helps, here are the gspot settings of this workraw file:
http://bildupload.eu/u/080720/g/2df1365c.gif

thanks, lynn
Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 07:22   Link #207
jfs
Aegisub dev

The file has B-frames. Try a file without B-frames.
The AVI container was never designed to hold video formats that use B-frames, therefore it can't handle it entirely correct, and it can cause problems like that.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 12:27   Link #208
martino
makes no files now

Or you could pack the bitstream with MPEG4Modifier.
Old 2008-07-20, 14:03   Link #209
TheFluff

or you could make sure you're not accidentally using directshowsource or something
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2008-07-21, 10:56   Link #210
Lynn
huh?

@jfs - thx, it will be reencoded, I hope it will help

@martino - pack the bitstream? I thought packed bitstream is bad? but the tool is nice btw^^

@TheFluff - how can I make sure? If avisynth is enabled in the directshowsource settings, will aegisub also use it (automatically)?

Last edited by Lynn; 2008-07-21 at 11:19.
Old 2008-07-21, 11:45   Link #211
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
@martino - pack the bitstream? I thought packed bitstream is bad? but the tool is nice btw^^
Well, your ideal workraw is without b-frames and unpacked. Packed just makes sure that there won't be any trouble, like you had, when you have b-frames. Otherwise I don't know what's supposed to be bad about it.
Old 2008-07-21, 12:13   Link #212
Lynn
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Well, your ideal workraw is without b-frames and unpacked. Packed just makes sure that there won't be any trouble, like you had, when you have b-frames. Otherwise I don't know what's supposed to be bad about it.
my bad, I remembered something wrong from this thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=56575

but there it's the same as you said.

edit: thx, it seems to work this way
Old 2008-08-06, 20:45   Link #213
_fri13th_

I have a question:
Could you tell me the karaoke script that make each letter in a syllable flys in each directions? For example: the word "Snow", "Snow" gets dark and then: "S" flies down, "n" flies up,"o" flies left, "w" flies right... Give me scripts in *.lua (not all, just syllable effect) so that I can use Automation (faster) ^^
If in this thread someone has already explained this, please give me the link to that answer. Thanx
_fri13th_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 02:36   Link #214
jfs
Aegisub dev

What do you mean by the script? You know, there isn't just one way, there's pretty much an infinite number of different ways to do that.

If you're using Karaoke Templater, make sure you're using 'syl' templates, then just stick 'char' onto the modifier list in the Effect field. Such that you have something like: template syl char
That makes is treat each character as a "virtual syllable", but never mind that. It means that if you eg. stick a random function into a \move on that template, each character will get its own value instead of just each syllable.
Try it.

Old 2008-08-18, 07:50   Link #215
neshru

I have a question about an option in the "script properties" window in aegisub: "scale border and shadow". Wherever this option is checked or unchecked, I can't see the difference. Do anyone know what this is supposed to do exactly?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 08:17   Link #216
3uronymous
\m/
*Fansubber

Controls how outline and shadow widths are drawn. If disabled, they are given in video resolution pixels (meaning that using the script with a higher resolution video will make all borders/shadows look thinner). If enabled, they are given in script resolution pixels instead (meaning that outlines and shadows will look the same no matter the resolution). The latter is usually what you want.
3uronymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 09:02   Link #217
jfs
Aegisub dev

You only see the difference ScaledBorderAndShadow makes when the script resolution is different from the rendering (video) resolution. For example, if you use the same subtitle file to hardsub on a 1280x720 and on a 640x360 video, or if you view softsubs with the MPC built-in renderer.

Old 2008-08-18, 09:12   Link #218
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3uronymous View Post
Controls how outline and shadow widths are drawn. If disabled, they are given in video resolution pixels (meaning that using the script with a higher resolution video will make all borders/shadows look thinner). If enabled, they are given in script resolution pixels instead (meaning that outlines and shadows will look the same no matter the resolution). The latter is usually what you want.
I see. But what is the script resolution? Isn't it the one you usually match with the video resolution? So if the resolution is the same, is the difference noticeable?

edit: i think jfs gave me the answer
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 11:14   Link #219
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

oh wow, I have not used Aegis in about a year and the new Visual Typesetting tools are amazing!
I don't remember how to typeset much, but is there a simple way to have text scroll from right to left without doing it in karaoke or using drag feature?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 12:56   Link #220
TheFluff

use \move()?

Tags
aegisub, help thread