AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-10, 00:29   Link #201
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

weird thing i find about the date in the novel....it just so happens to be on my birthday

anyways, after what kniteowl said.....would they really dare do such messed up thing to the fans....i mean, would they be crazy enough for that?

i wonder if the word troll will get censored after a while in teh internet
Old 2009-10-10, 01:04   Link #202
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
So long as people feel that they were personally wronged, it will continue to be.
I can advise those people to get a life and stop be offended over movies and cartoons.
This might seem harsh, but I can't even imagine how anyone would get angry over entertainment he didn't even pay for.
Old 2009-10-10, 02:40   Link #203
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
So long as people feel that they were personally wronged, it will continue to be.
Which just to show those people are just plain arrogant. KyoAni doesn't even know they exist, why would KyoAni wrong them?

It's all about people thinking they are far more important than they actually are.
Old 2009-10-10, 02:49   Link #204
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It's all about people thinking they are far more important than they actually are.
But, don't you know, that's the whole point! More than half of what you read on these forums are people presuming to indirectly tell anime writers, directors, producers, and artists all the things they've done Objectively Wrong, despite the fact that most opining have no qualifications to make those sorts of conclusive statements. And they're also deliberately trying to tell other viewers all the reasons why they too should feel the same way, even though there's no reason to believe that anyone else would share their personal tastes and preferences that closely. "It's all about me" isn't just an arrogant statement, it's a lifestyle for most of the Internet.

Anyway, sarcasm/cynicism aside, this is the proverbial song that never ends, so we should probably try to refocus our attention on the movie itself... granted that there isn't too much more to discuss until the next bit of information is released.
Old 2009-10-10, 02:57   Link #205
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

So it's pretty much.

Shut up and wait.

You can whine in the back seat of the car as much as you want... but it isn't like we are going to get there any faster.
Old 2009-10-10, 03:09   Link #206
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They'll probably just do it like the Detective Conan movies: a quick one minute recap of who the important recurring characters are, leading into the OP.
They have that already. It's called the prologue. Between the two scenes that prologue entails, you're given a quick introduction to every character with more than a line or two at that point in the story except for Tsuruya-san and Kunikida. And whatever is still missing at that point will be demonstrated well enough later in the story by Kyon's character interactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggrodoth View Post
Funny, is it only me, or does the Yuki from the teasers look... genuinely sad? I mean, she's obviously not smiling or anything - that's her facial gimmick, after all - but her mouth curves slightly like an arc, unlike in the usual blank stares she gives. I did read Disappearance, but it's been a while and I do not remember her looking particularly like this.
They couldn't possibly be working the "sad girls in snow" angle, could they? KyoAni? Nawwww...
Old 2009-10-10, 03:17   Link #207
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
They couldn't possibly be working the "sad girls in snow" angle, could they? KyoAni? Nawwww...
Uguu ~ So mean...

Last edited by ac195; 2009-10-10 at 05:29.
Old 2009-10-10, 03:33   Link #208
VentAileron

You know, even though I'm usually really skeptical about all sorts of announcements, I really have high hopes for this one. Maybe it's that KyoAni never really let me down or Haruhi itself is just too good to be true anyway, haha.

I'll just patiently wait till the DVDs come out and try not to spoiler myself with bad footage of the movie while doing so. To be honest, I prefer a movie above separate episodes. My reason? No idea, while thinking about a Haruhi movie or a few episodes of the same story arc, I feel more comfortable with the movie.

Anyone already drooling all over the 'Yuki' poster? Her hair is like...wow.
Old 2009-10-10, 03:44   Link #209
chinaboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
...And they're also deliberately trying to tell other viewers all the reasons why they too should feel the same way, even though there's no reason to believe that anyone else would share their personal tastes and preferences that closely. "It's all about me" isn't just an arrogant statement, it's a lifestyle for most of the Internet.

Anyway, sarcasm/cynicism aside, this is the proverbial song that never ends, so we should probably try to refocus our attention on the movie itself... granted that there isn't too much more to discuss until the next bit of information is released.
A reason I enjoy posting to this forum is there is a basic level of civility. More than once, when I've asked a question, I've received a well thought out answer from someone who's strongly disagreed with me on other issues. Another reason is the feeling I receive knowing that even though no one's specifically responded, the brilliance of my logic even when it's obvious I don't know what I'm talking about is universally accepted. (it's an internet thing<grin>)

Since, as RF has said, there won't be too much to talk about for awhile everyone have a nice Thanksgiving (Canada, Japan, USA) and thanks for the entertaining posts.
Old 2009-10-10, 04:58   Link #210
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Which just to show those people are just plain arrogant. KyoAni doesn't even know they exist, why would KyoAni wrong them?

Yes the whole "trolling" thing always has been rather stupid, but that's what seems to make popular discussion these days.
Old 2009-10-10, 05:17   Link #211
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
You do not, i repeat, NEVER INTENTIONALLY DO ANYTHING IN BUSINESS LIKE "DOING SOMETHING ANNOYING TO SEE IF YOUR CUSTOMER GETS ANGRY".
There might be art mistakes, producing mistakes, advertisment mistakes, intentional silence, careful (or not so much) work with hype, but never doing LOL RANDOM SO FUNNY things. That's ridiculous and I'm goddamn tired of those claims.
There are documented cases of the production committees saying screw it all and doing whatever they wanted.
Old 2009-10-10, 05:48   Link #212
VentAileron

But if you're making something you enjoy making, do you make it how you want it or do you make it how others want it?
Old 2009-10-10, 05:52   Link #213
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
That largely depends on the reason you're making it...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-10-10, 06:05   Link #214
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
There are documented cases of the production committees saying screw it all and doing whatever they wanted.
Still doesn't warrant a troll label because for all we know, everything went exactly as intended.
Old 2009-10-10, 06:38   Link #215
Solachinx
is a myth

lol, Daniel got pissed.

People get offended over different things: for some it's speaking patterns, race, or dead baby comedy, for others it's some cartoon in Japan that they won't even remember 10 years from now. I, personally, never get offended about anything because in most cases you can't change it.

I think troll is a stupid word other than when talking about the internet cliques. The reason Kadokawa did nice boat was because of a last minute feature (I presume the subs); the reason that Disappearence ads all but stopped except for small trickles was because they decided to do a movie and a reairing to remind muggles what happened so far; the reason E8 was drawn out was to either waste time, try different artstyles, or for symbolism; and the reason they're making Disappearence a movie is so they can make more money.

People that are true artists don't dick around for the hell of it or for teh lulz, they always have a reason.
Old 2009-10-10, 07:11   Link #216
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
People that are true artists don't dick around for the hell of it or for teh lulz, they always have a reason.
Indeed.
One of the most common "troll" comments around in the last few months is the supposed idea that KyoAni/Kadokawa was trying to "destroy" the Haruhi franchise to spite the people doing the complaining.

The very fact that KyoAni is making a full movie on Haruhi showed how stupid that idea was.
Old 2009-10-10, 08:32   Link #217
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So the movie will be released in Spring ow . So we can wait 1 year more to get a sub if it's like Naruto , Bleach etc ... movies .
Old 2009-10-10, 08:36   Link #218
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
So the movie will be released in Spring ow . So we can wait 1 year more to get a sub if it's like Naruto , Bleach etc ... movies .
Or you can do what some people already do, and just have the novel translations ready.

This is the peculiar thing with being faithful to the source; we have the translation before the actual product is even out.
Old 2009-10-10, 11:09   Link #219
Siggrodoth

I am getting the torrent of the camera rip as soon as it comes out. No year- or six-month waiting time for me. After all, if one's already read the book, the story will still make sense even if it's all in Japanese without subtitles.
Old 2009-10-10, 11:53   Link #220
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
But what if they change/add/subtract things?
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen