AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-27, 18:53   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Claymore Chapter 99

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 98.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Since Claymore is licensed by Viz the following posts are not allowed
  • Asking where you can find Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Linking to Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Posting Claymore scans or translations.
  • Discussing Claymore scan groups (past or present).
These rules applies to the raws as well.

You still are allowed to discuss the manga, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story itself.

Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed. If you need to post a single image (or preferably only the relevant part of an image) for a reason related to discussion you can put it on an image host, but never ever post a link where people can see the entire manga.
Old 2009-12-27, 18:55   Link #2
servidor

Raw scans are out.

Scene begins with Priscilla remembering Raki, then changes to Priscilla walking away from the rest of Beth, two rods impale on Priscilla and she discard them like nothing. Now we change to Riful, Dauf and Priscilla, all the scene is about her anyway, she kills them. The Destroyer launch the second wave of rods, Clare, Helen and Deneve avoid the incoming rods. Clare notices a huge yoki walking towards them, scenes ends with Priscilla appearing before them. It seems like Priscilla is moving against the Destroyer
Old 2009-12-27, 19:03   Link #3
evil_kenshin

Rip Riful and Duaf

I was beggining to think they both would survive judging by how they seemed to have extraordinary good luck lately, but then Priscilla takes them just out like that. Seems the male generation of awakened are all dead now. Interesting how Priscilla killed Riful by punching through her stomach.

edit: Re-read it and noticed it seem's Priscilla created a grapling hook like thing after she punched through Riful, never knew she could do that

Priscilla still does remember Raki and it seemed like hope for her to be controlled yet

Last edited by evil_kenshin; 2009-12-27 at 19:17.
Old 2009-12-27, 19:14   Link #4
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Yes! Pricscella vs Kitty Destroyer!!!

If Clare and co are smart, they won't attack....
Old 2009-12-27, 19:16   Link #5
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Yes! Pricscella vs Kitty Destroyer!!!

If Clare and co are smart, they won't attack....
judging by Clare's reaction in this chapter, I don't think she will be "smart" unless her allies can stop her.
Old 2009-12-27, 19:23   Link #6
Newhope

Duaf maybe still alive but it looks like Rifuls dead, I'am I the only one who thinks there rushing the manga now I'am starting to think it's going to finish soon.

Edit:And yes it looks like Claire will be going blade queen mode again in the next few chapters.
Old 2009-12-27, 19:28   Link #7
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Duaf maybe still alive but it looks like Rifuls dead, I'am I the only one who thinks there rushing the manga now I'am starting to think it's going to finish soon.
maybe but maybe not, lets be realistic, after awakening the destroyer Riful's part was played.

we still have things that have yet to be resolved

- the organization
- Raki
-the mainland/ the DoD's
- Priscilla
- the destroyer
- creation of the yoma

Yagi's original statement of making 26 volumes would mean we still have atleast 34 chapters left.
Old 2009-12-27, 19:29   Link #8
servidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
As some members pointed it some time ago, the time of the Abyssal had come to end, the only super predator left would be Priscilla, and maybe we will see the Descendant of the Dragons soon. I wonder what would be the role of the Ghosts, if the five at ground zero survive the ordeal. At this point an alliance between the Org and the Ghost doesn't seems to far fetched if it assure their mutual survival.
Old 2009-12-27, 19:30   Link #9
Freya

It depends. The mainland or w/e can be a BIG arc. A lot of other stuff can be taken care of before that arc. I'm thinking if Yagi decides to do that arc it'll be the last.
Old 2009-12-27, 19:35   Link #10
Newhope

What I liked in this chapter was the trust between the 3 ghosts with Claire reading where the missiles where going and telling the other two where to stand to avoid them.
Old 2009-12-27, 19:35   Link #11
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
At this point an alliance between the Org and the Ghost doesn't seems to far fetched if it assure their mutual survival.
I'm not to sure that would be the case, the org are far to controlling for an alliance to work, especially with rouge claymores.

Don't forget Riful herself said she knew an alliance with the org wouldn't be possible in regards to fighting Priscilla, so the same might apply with the ghosts.

Besides with Raki about to become something else all together that might mean the organization will not require the ghosts who are unable to beat Priscilla or the destroyer on their own nor with the org's help.

The strongest single digit the org still has is their number 3 who got swatted away by Riful like a fly. Neither the org nor the ghosts have strong enough fighters to take on either Priscilla or the destroyer currently.
Old 2009-12-27, 19:37   Link #12
RocktheStar

translation needed
Old 2009-12-27, 19:38   Link #13
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
Yagi's original statement of making 26 volumes would mean we still have atleast 34 chapters left.
Where you saw that please ?
Never see that.
Anyways for the chapter, it's the end of the ancient Abyssal.
Now give the place to the real monsters.
So far, my favorite Abyssal have been Isley. :s
Old 2009-12-27, 19:39   Link #14
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Never see that.
Well it's only either Isley or Riful since they had the most character development. I'm sure some people like Luciela too.
Old 2009-12-27, 19:40   Link #15
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Never see that.
Its quiet an old statement unfortunatly, which is why it is both unreliable and hard to track down

it was in one of the statements he made years ago.
Old 2009-12-27, 19:46   Link #16
ShiroiRyu

Oh ... If it's the same statement like Oda did for One Piece, we can have far so much volumes.
But it's me or the chapter is really short ? (Only 23 pages)
And one question : What is the girl in the last page ? (after the end of the chapter)
She have big b...
So i want to see this manga.
Old 2009-12-27, 19:49   Link #17
Newhope

New year chapters are always short, lasts years was only 22 pages if I remember rightly.
Old 2009-12-27, 19:51   Link #18
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Oh ... If it's the same statement like Oda did for One Piece, we can have far so much volumes.
But it's me or the chapter is really short ? (Only 23 pages)
And one question : What is the girl in the last page ? (after the end of the chapter)
She have big b...
So i want to see this manga.
"kure-nai" might be it, but unfortunatly I can't read japanese (if it is, she would be a minor/secondary character)
Old 2009-12-27, 19:52   Link #19
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocktheStar View Post
translation needed
So go translate. Don't ask here, and don't post them here.

I don't buy Riful and Dauf being written off just yet. The only other character with a questionable "off screen" death was Irene. It was only implied she was killed, never outright stated or shown. This is odd in Claymore because it isn't like Yagi is afraid to show someone die. I'll be surprised if Riful and Dauf don't get at least one more chapter before they are officially dead.

On that note though, wow....Priscilla is on a rampage. I honestly wouldn't have guessed that Clare would get her showdown this way.
Old 2009-12-27, 19:54   Link #20
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I don't buy Riful and Dauf being written off just yet. The only other character with a questionable "off screen" death was Irene. It was only implied she was killed, never outright stated or shown. This is odd in Claymore because it isn't like Yagi is afraid to show someone die. I'll be surprised if Riful and Dauf don't get at least one more chapter before they are officially dead..
I disagree we have had offscreen deaths before (e.g Irene/Illena) so its nothing new for Yagi.

Maybe we will get one flashback of how Duaf and Riful met or something but being awakened ones they were destined to die anyway.
Closed Thread