AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 99 72.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 19.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 4.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.74%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-20, 19:55   Link #121
Goldzero

honestly touma might be the only character with allot of plot armor that i like. i find him too likable to hate plus he can put up very interesting fights IMO. i was so over-hyped during this episode but couldn't help it because this fight was awesome and probably the best adapted fight scene i seen in the raildex series.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 20:20   Link #122
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say this episode definitely shows that Touma doesn't get off lightly for jumping into this situation. Does spend a good chunk of the episode practically passed out and bleeding out.

Still think a lot of credit for how good these past episodes have been are with the OST and Satou Rina's voice work. The emotions coming from Mikoto in these episodes have just made the episodes more amazing to watch.
Old 2013-07-20, 20:21   Link #123
Squire James

Regarding the issue of Accelerator's vs. Mikoto's view of the plasma... it's all in how they think. Accelerator sees only his target, and the glory of achieving yet another uber ability. Mikoto thinks of its possible effects on others, and thus the concern for how much collateral damage the plasma would undoubtedly cause.

While her concern for Touma would probably have spurred her to act anyway, her perception that others are threatened as well likely brought her mind into sharper focus. Whether the plasma would really have had the global effect Mikoto expected actually doesn't matter.
Squire James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 22:00   Link #124
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... I don't think I've seen a more frustrating cliffhanger.
Old 2013-07-20, 22:46   Link #125
Rydrallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
if 3rd strongest level 5 defeat strongest level 5 than scientists will think that error was not big > continue the experiment
but if level 0 defeat him = totally different story (the error is big that they can't continue the experiment)
Technically on 1 vs 1 setting, Touma would have been toasted by the plasma after lying nearly unconscious on the ground.

Mikoto and the sisters helped in that fight.

Maybe the scientists were not aware of the fact that it's one level 5 vs one broken level 0 + thousands of level 3?
Rydrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 23:02   Link #126
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydrallen View Post
Technically on 1 vs 1 setting, Touma would have been toasted by the plasma after lying nearly unconscious on the ground.

Maybe the scientists were not aware of the fact that it's one level 5 vs one broken level 0 + thousands of level 3?
well yeah thats pretty obvious, anyone who watched index or read the LN knows that already IMO. i swear i can't understand why people have to constantly keep saying that when everyone who seen this series already knows that.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 23:09   Link #127
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Depends on the kind of help.

The Imoutos technically didn't booster Kamijou's powers nor did they weaken Accelerator to any significant level. And they certainly didn't directly engage him.

Regardless of all that its still suppose to be impossible for the Level 0 to beat Accelerator in a fist fight, the margin is too wide. Think about it this way- its not about a level 0 beating a level 5, but rather a Level 5 losing to a Level 0... if you get my drift
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 23:17   Link #128
Rydrallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The Imoutos technically didn't booster Kamijou's powers nor did they weaken Accelerator to any significant level. And they certainly didn't directly engage him.
I think they significantly weaken his killer move that would otherwise have killed Touma.

The outcome of that fight would totally change if not for their presence.
Old 2013-07-20, 23:19   Link #129
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I think they significantly weaken his killer move that would otherwise have killed Touma.

The outcome of that fight would totally change if not for their presence.
You would have a point had that killer move been the ONLY way he could kill Kamijou.

But its not, he still has the power to do everything else he could do before.
Old 2013-07-20, 23:47   Link #130
Rydrallen

Quote:
You would have a point had that killer move been the ONLY way he could kill Kamijou.

But its not, he still has the power to do everything else he could do before.
The fact remains that IF the sisters weren't there to help, Touma would have been killed there and then.

Whether Accelerator could have done something else is beyond the point, the point here is that he would have won if not for the intervention of thousands of clones.

So saying that a level 0 beats a level 5 here is grossly misleading. The level 0, though strong in his own right, would not have won the fight by himself.
Old 2013-07-21, 00:22   Link #131
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The fact remains that IF the sisters weren't there to help, Touma would have been killed there and then.

Whether Accelerator could have done something else is beyond the point, the point here is that he would have won if not for the intervention of thousands of clones.

So saying that a level 0 beats a level 5 here is grossly misleading. The level 0, though strong in his own right, would not have won the fight by himself.
Actually it is the point- let me put it another way.

You're right in saying that had the Sisters not intervene, Accelerator would have killed Kamijou. However, can you say for sure that when the Sisters intervened, it would automatically guarantee Kamijou's victory?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-07-21 at 00:38.
Old 2013-07-21, 00:31   Link #132
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

One can still argue that Mikoto and the rest of the clones would also eventually die had Touma not intervened. Goes both ways I guess.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 00:34   Link #133
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You can also spin it as the Sisters intervening on Accelerator going too far, and disrupting the plasma to save Academy City from destruction, and not solely for Touma's sake.

As it stands, Touma beating the shit out of Accelerator on his own will play hell with the calculations to the Level 6 Shift project, even without factoring the plasma interference. And as we saw in this episode, I daresay the project's pointless now--Accelerator doesn't need to achieve Level 6 in his opinion.
Old 2013-07-21, 07:17   Link #134
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Was in awe of JC Staff after this episode... It actually felt like I was watching a movie...! Trust Biribiri vision to make Touma look more awesome!

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 11:55   Link #135
tsunade666

I'm getting the felling that some post will be deleted.

Wow! Absolute awesome episode. I can rewatched it again and again and i'll probably still liked it. Its far cry from the animation in year 2007?

The visuals used are the same in the manga and they didn't shy away in bloody mess. Its great but this also post a problem for me because I willhave higher expectation for index III but I fear that it will probably be ended up in fas pace work liked index II. I like the pacing they used in railgun s.

I expect more awesomeness to come in the near ending of sister arc but by setting the bar higher for raildex franchise..... I will not expect much on index III unless they can do a at least 3 four for it.
Old 2013-07-21, 12:04   Link #136
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

is it just me or the plot is repeating from Index? I swear i have seen this episode before.
Old 2013-07-21, 12:11   Link #137
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
is it just me or the plot is repeating from Index? I swear i have seen this episode before.
Same fight, different POV, different animation. There doesn't seem to be a trace of a reused animation footage though, it's all new.

Quote:
It's unfortunate then, that this series is more than just cute girls doing cute things. Anyway I wash my hands off this topic.
It's also unfortunate that the brains behind the series pulls and stretches over that concept as if it's plasticine to toy around with. ... That said, I shall not press into that further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
This conversation is slowly going to become a train wreak. I can just feel it...
The conversation, that is. Yes, yes.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 12:33   Link #138
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
it's from mikoto point of view
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 17:06   Link #139
Ilidsor
Angelerator

I finally had the internet connection to watch this episode and wow- that was incredible. 10/10
Old 2013-07-21, 21:20   Link #140
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

Jeebus! I always enjoy some Touma punches, but is it just me or does it seem like his punches get more and more epic. It was cool in Index, it was fantastic in Index 2, and now it is just full of awesome.