Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-15, 01:10   Link #41
rladls2121

That "I'm just cheating though" lines.
Yes, he is cheating and no, he is not.
No, I don't know anymore.
Since when was this kind of blood-spilling battle fair?
And he said this line in front of all the soldiers around him and including dying ally soldiers.
Clearly, this situation isn't a game where you get banned from using hacking devices to cheat.
This is a real fight of killing each other, and he of course needs any advantage he can use to win.
I don't know what to feel about this scene.

Felicia, oh no, please no.
So Yuuto left his life for her and the people in this world.
It is clear that Yuuto wants to go back, and well not being able to go back for some reason.
I think Yuuto will be forced to stay.
Isn't this just too much for a young boy like him?

She is making him to feel sorry for her, really?
Well I know, we all have have different tastes I get that this male protagonist is your taste, but don't expect anymore friendly competition even some other heroines are still friendly.
Jokes aside, it is hard living in a world where there are countless wars like in the old times and Felicia is one of the people that has to live with it.
Who would not want any happiness in this kind of situation?

There's this girl Yuuto knows, sometimes conversing with her through his smartphone, separated for two years, waiting for him return patiently.
So there's nothing wrong on that side?
She the only one knows where he is?

Last edited by rladls2121; 2018-07-15 at 01:24.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 07:37   Link #42
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Because it shouldn't work. There's a reason the Mongols had horse archers, and a reason their men and horses were armored. You send unarmored cavalry in the midst of an enemy that hasn't even been softened by archers, don't expect to get back men or horses.

For the phalanx my problem is different. Setting aside that I don't think they implemented an actual phalanx, enemies shouldn't be too disconcerted by it. They've should have seen similar spearmen formation before.

(Another question is why he didn't jump directly to the pikemen square, but there training needs might be the answer.)
Again I imagine he was just going for as much as he could implement in the space of a couple days. Perhaps it "shouldn't" work, but as a complete surprise strategy it managed to catch them off guard just enough to create the necessary advantage. I'm sure you're right in the long term or on average, but it's not at all unheard of for a force that should be easily overwhelmed managing to pull off a victory through surprise, determination and maybe a little dumb luck.

And again, demanding horse archers in a few days is the height of absurdity. It's hard enough riding a horse or shooting an arrow, but splitting your focus and managing to handle both at the same time is not an easy task you can ask for in a couple days.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 11:11   Link #43
Eclar
Avid reader

The pacing of the anime series is way too rushed.
They crammed the entire first volume in 2 episodes while skipping a lot of important parts, including part of MC's backstory while trapped in that world and the worldbuilding.
Old 2018-07-15, 12:32   Link #44
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclar View Post
They crammed the entire first volume in 2 episodes while skipping a lot of important parts, including part of MC's backstory while trapped in that world and the worldbuilding.
Isn't the backstory in the opening ?? The part with the mirror or shrine or whatever ?
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 13:07   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Again I imagine he was just going for as much as he could implement in the space of a couple days. Perhaps it "shouldn't" work, but as a complete surprise strategy it managed to catch them off guard just enough to create the necessary advantage. I'm sure you're right in the long term or on average, but it's not at all unheard of for a force that should be easily overwhelmed managing to pull off a victory through surprise, determination and maybe a little dumb luck.

And again, demanding horse archers in a few days is the height of absurdity. It's hard enough riding a horse or shooting an arrow, but splitting your focus and managing to handle both at the same time is not an easy task you can ask for in a couple days.
We don't actually know how long that special unit's trained, but it's bound to be more than a few days. The fact he ordered a "Mongol pattern" implies there are several different patterns, and speaks of more training than that.

My point, however, is that you speak as if doing 50% of something will bring you 50% of the benefits - but in actuality, doing 50% of something may turn it into a drawback.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 13:42   Link #46
Eclar
Avid reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Isn't the backstory in the opening ?? The part with the mirror or shrine or whatever ?
That's the initial part of his backstory. The female characters (Felicia and Sigrun) sometimes talk with the MC about what he did during the 2 years he was trapped (they don't tell you directly, but during those talks you can guess what happened to him and how he became the current leader of his clan, along with some monologues that the MC usually does). The way they gave those hints in the anime is too ambiguous and lack meaning because the worldbuilding is almost absent.
Old 2018-07-15, 13:58   Link #47
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
We don't actually know how long that special unit's trained, but it's bound to be more than a few days. The fact he ordered a "Mongol pattern" implies there are several different patterns, and speaks of more training than that.

My point, however, is that you speak as if doing 50% of something will bring you 50% of the benefits - but in actuality, doing 50% of something may turn it into a drawback.
Doesn't change the fact that his people appear to have been at a rather consistent state of war with neighboring nations. Hard to say just how much time he's actually been able to spend perfecting the different tactics and how much he's just been giving overviews of all the different styles. And I still find it a little hard to believe that a people that are still relatively new to stirrups would be able to perform any kind of effective archery on horseback. Not to mention that changing the armor could have an impact on the horses' mobility. He's bringing in all kinds of new tactics that are strange and unknown. His people probably know as little about how to apply them as his opponents do about how to counter them. And even if he can have a skilled smith forge improved equipment, if the horses aren't 100% capable of handling the weight of the heavier armor and maneuvering appropriately while their riders shoot attempting such tactics would be more dangerous, not less. Frankly, attempting a cavalry tactic on a horse that isn't built for and accustomed to it is even worse than doing "50%".

And no, I'm not saying that half the tactic will necessarily bring half the benefit. I'm merely saying that hitting someone with something they haven't seen before has the potential to give some benefit, and it's far from unheard of for people to do something crazy that shouldn't work under any circumstances and still pull off a brilliant victory.
Old 2018-07-15, 14:14   Link #48
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Doesn't change the fact that his people appear to have been at a rather consistent state of war with neighboring nations. Hard to say just how much time he's actually been able to spend perfecting the different tactics and how much he's just been giving overviews of all the different styles. And I still find it a little hard to believe that a people that are still relatively new to stirrups would be able to perform any kind of effective archery on horseback. Not to mention that changing the armor could have an impact on the horses' mobility. He's bringing in all kinds of new tactics that are strange and unknown. His people probably know as little about how to apply them as his opponents do about how to counter them. And even if he can have a skilled smith forge improved equipment, if the horses aren't 100% capable of handling the weight of the heavier armor and maneuvering appropriately while their riders shoot attempting such tactics would be more dangerous, not less. Frankly, attempting a cavalry tactic on a horse that isn't built for and accustomed to it is even worse than doing "50%".
I'm not actually saying he should have had horse archers. I'm saying that if he didn't have horse archers, he didn't have a Mongol cavalry.

Quote:
And no, I'm not saying that half the tactic will necessarily bring half the benefit. I'm merely saying that hitting someone with something they haven't seen before has the potential to give some benefit, and it's far from unheard of for people to do something crazy that shouldn't work under any circumstances and still pull off a brilliant victory.
Skirmishing can't be unheard of. The novelty of using horses could work once, but they're supposed to have harassed the enemy repeatedly.
Old 2018-07-15, 14:19   Link #49
DemonneoPT

Quote:
That's why i dropped the show after two episodes. Granted, it's rare to see an isekai protagonist actually using modern world knowledge instead of OP powers just because, however, it's so poorly done here it hurts. Such pacing is an abomination. World building they sure skip it but bath scenes with the harem must always have a place in these adaptations. Classic Japan
Plus i agree with some points made by rladls2121. I don't know, trying to make a somewhat serious story about wars and killing but at the same time wanting to keep a light hearted atmosphere every time the MC appears with comedy and ecchi just a few seconds after a blood bath is just a bad combination imo. This is definitely not for me. Even the fanservice is low tier because of the lack of adult-looking women and proper teasing. I will stick with the Isekai Maou Something instead. At least that one is funny af
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 16:50   Link #50
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Also just finished watching episode 1...

and... what is this?

It starts out 2 years later?

So will they start 2 years earlier later? lol...

Since it looks like episode 1 he's already the "top" and is gathering his Harem and territories...

But does this mean it look him 2 years to gather just 2 girls for his harem? 1 girl per year?

(gonna watch episode 2, but so far it's near my list of "dropped series")
Yeah, the story is about Yuuto as the wolf clan leader, not about how he learned to live in this other world and rose to power. Maybe we'll have some flashbacks later, but I'm fine this way.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 17:28   Link #51
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I'm not sure an iron Katana could cut through an iron war-pick like that lol, not to mention without getting chipped.
The dagger/gladius was imho fine as it was bronze, I mean aside from it being confusing as hell, because they talked about iron weapons a few seconds before.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 19:22   Link #52
Itlandm
Porcupine

Episode 2 and they are bringing out the naked pedobait. This is not my lucky season, I guess.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 22:18   Link #53
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
That's all in volume 3 of the novels apparently.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 00:01   Link #54
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I'm not sure an iron Katana could cut through an iron war-pick like that lol, not to mention without getting chipped.
The dagger/gladius was imho fine as it was bronze, I mean aside from it being confusing as hell, because they talked about iron weapons a few seconds before.
I don't know that it's a realistic feat either way, but I think it's a steel katana, and it cut through the wooden haft of the pick.
Old 2018-07-16, 01:14   Link #55
Eclar
Avid reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
That's all in volume 3 of the novels apparently.
That is true, but as I posted above, they skipped very important parts (like those talks).

Spoiler for Comparison of current episode with novel. Read at your own risk:

I just hope that the studio settles this.

Last edited by Eclar; 2018-07-16 at 01:45.
Eclar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 07:14   Link #56
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Just one other thing about the "Mongol attack", after having read a bit. It seems they left a bit of the tactic unexplained in the anime.
Spoiler:
Old 2018-07-21, 18:05   Link #57
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 3 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 18:55   Link #58
xeviouses

3 episodes in and the title remains non-indicative...

I watched it because I was expecting Norse mythology, Odin, Sutr, Valkure and the like instead I got a weird mish-mash of Greece, Rome and Egyptian cultures.

Screw this, I'm out. Happy watching guys.
Old 2018-07-21, 20:40   Link #59
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukes YGO & WS on YT View Post
Spoiler for Episode 3 Comments/Feedback:
Got one thing wrong. She's not his sister, she's his childhood friend (one year younger).

As far as everyone wanting to marry him, I rather like this concept better, with most suitors having specific reasons to want to marry him. Given the time frame, it's far more believable for women to seek the hand of a powerful man on behalf of their people or parents, with hope that love will follow, than out of simple romantic desire. Pretty clear that his skills and refusal to bend on what he knows is right have resulted in a strong attraction on top of this, but still better and more believable to have additional motives like this.
Old 2018-07-22, 01:27   Link #60
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Re: his buying slaves. Damn right it's just self-satisfaction. Especially since he paid a good price for them. Now the trader has incentive and funds to get more slaves.

Re: the paper. How good is the literacy rate for poetry books to be sold on a street stall?

Tags
harem