AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-01, 14:48   Link #1
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Princess Lover

Thread for Princess Lover
Seems no one wanted to create a thread for this eroge, so...

From the New Anime thread:
Spoiler for save room:

According to Moonphase, this is a 抜きゲー, so the actual anime will probably be completely different or something.
Haven't played it myself though... Mmm... Running out of 抜きゲーs, but just from looking, it doesn't really seem my tastes...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 14:53   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

The cast appeared on Moonphase today:

Teppei: Terashima Takuma
Charlotte: Ryouka Yuzuki
Sylvia: Megumi Toyoguchi
Seika: Emiri Katou
Yuu: Yuki Matsuoka
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 15:07   Link #3
bramabull4316

does anybody know what is princess lover about, the plot of it?
bramabull4316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 21:55   Link #4
Mazryonh

I too would like to learn about the eroge's plot. Komori Kei's doujins are pretty nice, and so was his debut as an eroge artist. Sadly the character designer wasn't faithful enough in my view to the original designs, but it'll be fun watching Eruruu's and Klan Klein's voice actresses do their jobs in this new anime.

Can anyone who's played this game fill us in on the game's basic premise?

And is it just me, or has Megumi Toyoguchi's career gone downward since her role as Klan Klein in Macross Frontier? First Akikan, and now this?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 22:38   Link #5
kujoe
from head to heel

Basic premise:

Main protagonist, Teppei is taken in by his grandfather after the unfortunate death of his parents. It turns out that Teppei's grandfather is a force in the economic, high society world of Japan, and without a successor his grandfather makes him the legitimate heir.

Thus Teppei is enrolled in such a prestigious school where students all belong to the highest castes of society. Charlotte and Sylvia are princesses of their respective nations, while Seika is a daughter and renowned model of the fashion world. Yuu is Teppei's maid who serves him and goes to school with him as part of the Arima household.

It will be interesting how Megumi Toyoguchi will handle the role of Sylvia. She's probably one of my favorites right there with Charlotte. Actually, I can't make up my mind between the two, but Sylvia is particularly charming alongside her sister and her father. Charlotte is your deredere "main girl" type, Sylvia the princess with martial sensibilities, Seika the tsundere snob and Yuu is the gentle, moe maid.

Last edited by kujoe; 2009-04-07 at 23:44.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 21:18   Link #6
Mazryonh

Kujoe,

Thank you for informing those of us who are Japanese-illiterate about the basic premise for the game. I wonder what the Type-Moon fans will think of Sylvia, who is quite obviously a "visual clone" of Saber from Fate/Stay Night, just as Haruka Suzimiya from KimiNozo is a "visual clone" of Sakura Kinomoto from Card Captor Sakura.

Have you played the original game? What did you think of it? Do you know who the original VAs for the game were?
Old 2009-04-07, 23:43   Link #7
kujoe
from head to heel

Yes, I've played it.

I have no idea who the voice actresses are, as I'm pretty much a casual eroge player. I can count the number of ero games I've played with one hand (or should that be two now?)

I only know so very few eroge voice actresses, so I really can't help you with this one. I'm going to go on a hunch, that the voice actresses for the anime aren't the same ones who worked in the game.

I do however, recognize some of the male voice actors. Takehito Koyasu and Norio Wakamoto play Sylvia and Teppei's fathers respectively. Takehito Koyasu is one reason why Sylvia's route is kinda fun, and you can't deny the awesomeness that is Wakamoto. I hope they lend their voices to the anime version as well. It just wouldn't be right if they're not included.

Yes, Sylvia has been pretty much a compared to Saber quite a few times already. She's the type who has a sense of bushi (or in this case, knightly) upbringing, using formalities such as "-dono" to her peers.

As for the game itself, it's not going to get awards for best story ever, nor is it going to be something mentioned along the likes of Type-Moon's offerings. But it was simply well-made; the art is good, the story is ok and you can tell that there was some thought behind the voice acting.

Last edited by kujoe; 2009-04-07 at 23:55.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 02:54   Link #8
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Well, the game OP looks really good and the song is pretty catchy. So I am looking forward to watching the anime.

But renai adaptions usually suck so iam not expecting too much. Hopefully, the male lead isnt a lame ass like the usual.

Game OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeLXK3zJCoc
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 20:11   Link #9
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well all I can say about this is Princess Lover has a great CG set, apart from that I don't know a thing about this

well I'm hoping the lead ain't the usual riff raff that floats about, anyone got any thing on him?

so which one is the Saber look-a-like?

will be keeping a keen eye on this
Old 2009-05-04, 23:26   Link #10
Midonin
Last Engage

Looking over the cast list, this'll be yet another show with the protagonist's father figure being voiced by Wakamoto.
Old 2009-05-04, 23:40   Link #11
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

This anime is definitively on my watchlist.
Old 2009-05-05, 02:24   Link #12
usspaul

this show comes from a game i liked a lot from the high quality cg sets lol hopefully the anime will be pretty good . anyways does anyone know when this show suppost to air ?
Old 2009-05-05, 06:39   Link #13
AnymX

Quote:
Originally Posted by usspaul View Post
this show comes from a game i liked a lot from the high quality cg sets lol hopefully the anime will be pretty good . anyways does anyone know when this show suppost to air ?
As far as I know it is supposed to air in summer. So far no specific date was given.

The show looks promising and is one of the few animes that I planing to watch in the summer.
Old 2009-05-07, 02:40   Link #14
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
well all I can say about this is Princess Lover has a great CG set, apart from that I don't know a thing about this

well I'm hoping the lead ain't the usual riff raff that floats about, anyone got any thing on him?

so which one is the Saber look-a-like?

will be keeping a keen eye on this
Well, if you watch the game OP, the 2nd character that is shown clearly shows "saber" minus the flat board.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 10:44   Link #15
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Well, if you watch the game OP, the 2nd character that is shown clearly shows "saber" minus the flat board.
ahh thank you didn't think to check the OP

so its Silvia, cool.
Old 2009-05-11, 11:04   Link #16
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hmm...much like They are my noble masters. Girls that look similar to other anime/visual novel girls. Might take at look at this one when it comes out.

Princess Lover...checked.
Old 2009-05-11, 22:15   Link #17
Mazryonh

I wanted to watch the promotional vid on the animate dot tv website, but for some reason windows media player can't make heads or tails of the file. Is there some player or codec I need so my computer can make sense of it, or was it removed from the website?
Old 2009-05-12, 16:53   Link #18
DeotoxSlayer

So for anyone who's player or knows a lot of the game who do you think is the main heroine or has the most chance to have her be the main girl in the anime???

I'm hoping it's Sylvia but I get the feeling that Charlotte is the main girl.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 17:01   Link #19
Midonin
Last Engage

Just from the promotional material it's clear that Charlotte's the leading girl. Everyone else is likely to end up with at least an episode to themselves.
Old 2009-05-15, 09:55   Link #20
Midonin
Last Engage

OP and ED confirmed thanks to the website.

The OP is "Princess Primp!" by Miyuki Hashimoto
The ED is "S.S.D" by yozuca*

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen