AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-22, 16:35   Link #501
Cal-Reflector

Question: How does a KMF "refuel"? I believe this is done by swapping rechargeable battery packs, but can this operation be performed quickly and easily in the field?
Old 2008-05-22, 16:39   Link #502
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, during the Black Rebellion the Gawain apparently switched to another Energy filler. I think they can store them and switch to a new one when needed. Of course, that could just be with the Gawain. We've seen both Cornelia and Suzaku unable to fight after running out of power and not having another energy filler handy. I think they could switch them easily enough.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 13:56   Link #503
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Well the fillers look like cartridges and i think the Lancelot was recharged by the Gawain with a filler swap. Think the ep was when the chinese tried to invade.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 14:03   Link #504
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, it was episode 20. I think they had a spare all ready for the Gawain during the Black Rebellion. Maybe they were running out of power near the end and that was why they only had one shot on the cannons left.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-23, 16:42   Link #505
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

yeah what exactly happened to the gawain after S1?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 17:25   Link #506
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
yeah what exactly happened to the gawain after S1?
It sunk to bottom of the ocean in EP25 with C.C and Orange. No word on if they were able to recover it but its doubtful.
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 18:53   Link #507
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
It sunk to bottom of the ocean in EP25 with C.C and Orange. No word on if they were able to recover it but its doubtful.
I don't think it will be wise to recover Gawain. The thing seems to be pretty outdated because of mass production of float system, though if it ever came back, which I am hoping it will, needs to get an upgrade like Lancelot and Gurren.
Old 2008-05-23, 19:10   Link #508
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I don't think it will be wise to recover Gawain. The thing seems to be pretty outdated because of mass production of float system, though if it ever came back, which I am hoping it will, needs to get an upgrade like Lancelot and Gurren.
yeah i don't really see a point, and what knightmare was lelouch on this time (episode 7 - flying towards suzaku...i don't remember seeing it before) kinda reminded me of the gawain, thats why i rememberd it all of a sudden
Old 2008-05-23, 19:30   Link #509
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
yeah i don't really see a point, and what knightmare was lelouch on this time (episode 7 - flying towards suzaku...i don't remember seeing it before) kinda reminded me of the gawain, thats why i rememberd it all of a sudden
You mean Vincent, the mass production version of Lancelot?
Old 2008-05-23, 19:57   Link #510
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
You mean Vincent, the mass production version of Lancelot?
ah right, idk why i kept thinking of gawain, they look very different...maybe it was the golden hands or something like that
Old 2008-05-23, 20:25   Link #511
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I consider the Mordred to be a sort of upgraded version of the Gawain to some degree. I do think Lelouch is going to need a better Knightmare eventually and I hope it's good whatever it is.

Old 2008-05-23, 20:32   Link #512
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I consider the Mordred to be a sort of upgraded version of the Gawain to some degree. I do think Lelouch is going to need a better Knightmare eventually and I hope it's good whatever it is.
mordred? is that the one anya uses? thats the only one that sorta reminds me of the gawain
Old 2008-05-23, 20:38   Link #513
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, though I don't think it has the Druid system like Gawain along with how that unit was more built for combat than the Gawain was.

Gawain was a commader unit though and was perfect for him. I hope he either gets an upgraded version or something good at least.

Old 2008-05-25, 12:07   Link #514
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

If you consider the fact that the Gawain was a two-seater and a commander-type mech, it's safe to assume that the Mordred doesn't have the Druid system. If anything, the amount of space freed up by the computer's absence could be filled with additional armor, micromissile silos and a few spare energy fillers or a bigger Yggdrasil Drive to power the four hadron cannons and the Float system.

The Mordred is obviously an artillery-type machine. It only needs a fire control computer to handle the four cannons, not a machine that processes every SIGINT or C4ISR data from the battlefield. Besides, Anya doesn't strike me as a commander so it's equally unlikely she'd need the Druid in the first place.
Old 2008-05-25, 14:16   Link #515
WhiteWings

Mordred is a heavy assault + artilery support mech. Hit hard and let others do the thinking part.

Anya is the type who'd wipe the floor with the blood of her enemies and still look as if she'd took a sip of coffee during breakfast. A small silent girl but not a pushover.
Old 2008-05-25, 14:34   Link #516
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I wonder if Lelouch will ever get another commander unit like the Gawain. So far, it hasn't been as much about battles as politics and plans. I suppose that will change soon enough though and at that point Lelouch is going to need something better.

Old 2008-05-25, 14:45   Link #517
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I wonder if Lelouch will ever get another commander unit like the Gawain. So far, it hasn't been as much about battles as politics and plans. I suppose that will change soon enough though and at that point Lelouch is going to need something better.
That'd depend on how much money the Chinese could afford for Zero's games - assuming he has secured China's assistance in his soon-to-be world war, they might agree to funding the construction of a new mech...with Rakshata drawing the plans.

I'm not sure for Gawain. One part says it's trashed, buried and forgotten but I still believe Rakshata managed to salvage a few things in order to perfect the Float system. But then again, she could have done that while the Gawain was still in one piece and above the ocean's surface. On the other hand, if Britannia had managed to pull it out of the seabed, it'd explain how they managed to perfect the hadron cannons' dispersion pattern...they reverse-engineered the Gefjun Disturbers.

But, bah, this is speculation. While the delivery and active use of a new mech might be advisable for Lelouch - a commander who likes to be on the front lines while still delivering the coup de grâce - I am not sure the staff will go forward with it.

But then again...it's funded by Sunrise - patron god of mech shows - is it not?
Old 2008-05-25, 14:52   Link #518
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'd say they could probably gain the proper funding needed for such a thing. They need to make all those new Akatsuki Knightmares after all, unless they already got to work on those.

I think it was trashed personally, though it is certainly possible some of what was left could have been salvaged. Jeremiah is back after all, though we don't know the details of that yet. I think she might have kept the data on the Gawain though and was probably in the process of designing and perfecting the Float System to her own use.

It is also possible that Britannia could have salvaged something of the Gawain and thus made the Mordred, though that is anyone's guess at the moment and I'm not sure if we'll even get some sort of answer.

I'd expect some sort new mech for him though.

I wonder if the Order could somehow make the Shen-Hu less dangerous than it seems to be at the moment.

Old 2008-05-25, 14:58   Link #519
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I'd say they could probably gain the proper funding needed for such a thing. They need to make all those new Akatsuki Knightmares after all, unless they already got to work on those..
Rakshata might've worked on them during the past year. I don't think they've been just sitting around rolling their thumbs all this time...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 15:10   Link #520
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Of course they haven't. They made the things needed for the Guren's upgrade after all. I think she's been making all these over the year, but isn't done quite yet.

Tags
mecha