AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-12, 06:16   Link #1181
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mercury's is kind of classy.
Old 2014-02-12, 06:48   Link #1182
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi View Post
★ The director of the series, Munehisa Sakai has worked on series like One Piece and Suite Pretty Cure. You can see an example of his work on Suite Pretty Cure (2011)here.
(Summary from MoonKittyNet)
I'll.......have to confess, hat has to be one of the weirdest anime magical transformations I have seen in a good while. But it also did look nice, and I couldn't help but notice the amount of CGI in those transformations. I wouldn't be surprised if the transformations in the new Sailor Moon series looked flashier and extravagant.
Old 2014-02-12, 08:13   Link #1183
Sophie
succubus
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
Yep, I remember stumbling across those online way, way, way back in the day.

As for what I can say about them . . . well, Takeuchi certainly didn't lack creativity I'm glad uniformity with only minor differences was decided upon in the end.
She said she changed the outfits a lot in the beginning; I suppose she felt a bit inconsistent and full of ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Mercury's is kind of classy.
Yes, Mercury looks so great though! Actually, Takeuchi said (about this image/design) that she's glad she didn't go for Jupiter's skimpy outfit, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I'll.......have to confess, hat has to be one of the weirdest anime magical transformations I have seen in a good while. But it also did look nice, and I couldn't help but notice the amount of CGI in those transformations. I wouldn't be surprised if the transformations in the new Sailor Moon series looked flashier and extravagant.
You have to remember that this is from 2011! Regardless, I have never actually seen Precure - can anyone tell me how this particular transformation scene compare to the rest of the series, in regards to the animation itself?

Side note, that's a damn long henshin.. w

Last edited by Sophie; 2014-02-12 at 09:28. Reason: spelling
Old 2014-02-12, 09:58   Link #1184
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
That's the obvious reason, but it seems like a waste to me. Why issue figurines that may not reflect the current appearance of the characters? True, it may be that the designs will be so similar to the original anime as to be virtually identical, but even I have my doubts about that.

I'm still hoping for designs a little more true to the manga, but I would be equally happy if the original anime designs were reused.
Because some of us might actually want new figures of the old designs?! I'm pretty sure when the new designs are finally revealed will get plenty of figures of those as well.
Old 2014-02-12, 21:31   Link #1185
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I'm not holding my breath on this announcement, but.... it *is* good, I guess.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2014-02-12, 21:56   Link #1186
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi View Post
You have to remember that this is from 2011! Regardless, I have never actually seen Precure - can anyone tell me how this particular transformation scene compare to the rest of the series, in regards to the animation itself?
Well, iirc the animation quality itself is quite solid (so is the music for that matter- Suite has some of the best soundtracks of the franchise imo).
But to me, it's probably one of my least favourite transformation sequences visually. Cure Rhythms (purple/blue) sequence in particular just bugs me. It's the weird arm rotation I think
Then again it is a few years old though.

Really curious what this new anime will end up looking like. We have all the old figurines, now we need a teaser of what the updated visuals will be like.
Old 2014-02-13, 00:27   Link #1187
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Because some of us might actually want new figures of the old designs?! I'm pretty sure when the new designs are finally revealed will get plenty of figures of those as well.
Well, obviously. I wouldn't mind owning a decent Sailor Mars (Sailor Pluto is too much to hope for, lol) figure featuring her original anime design. That would look nicely on my shelf. It's a shame that I haven't been impressed with the quality of the figures they have been released so far.

It just seems odd that they've been so much merchandise using the old designs. It feels like they're stalling at this point. Just release a key visual or some character designs already!
Old 2014-02-13, 01:19   Link #1188
Sophie
succubus
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Well, iirc the animation quality itself is quite solid (so is the music for that matter- Suite has some of the best soundtracks of the franchise imo).
But to me, it's probably one of my least favourite transformation sequences visually. Cure Rhythms (purple/blue) sequence in particular just bugs me. It's the weird arm rotation I think
Then again it is a few years old though.

Really curious what this new anime will end up looking like. We have all the old figurines, now we need a teaser of what the updated visuals will be like.
Thanks for your answer! It's better not to expect or speculate about the new designs, but it is really hard not to, haha.

Quote:
Well, obviously. I wouldn't mind owning a decent Sailor Mars (Sailor Pluto is too much to hope for, lol) figure featuring her original anime design. That would look nicely on my shelf. It's a shame that I haven't been impressed with the quality of the figures they have been released so far.

It just seems odd that they've been so much merchandise using the old designs. It feels like they're stalling at this point. Just release a key visual or some character designs already!
They did announce a Sailor Saturn last weekend, so I don't see why they wouldn't complete the Outer Senshi, and only release one or two. They always seem to follow through with the group releases of the Outer, like with the Puchi-Chara Even though that was a group release, they could've chosen to do just a few of them.

Last edited by Sophie; 2014-02-13 at 01:28. Reason: Added more text.
Old 2014-02-24, 23:51   Link #1189
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Is this actually going to happen? I've been anticipating this reboot/remake for quite a while, and my heart always sinks when a delay is announced. The information has been incredibly scarce... which leads me to believe that it's either going to get another delay, or it's never going to happen. Announcing the group who's performing the opening/closing tracks, and releasing some promotional merchandise isn't comforting. This is almost as bad as Team ICO's "The Last Guardian"...
Old 2014-02-25, 02:06   Link #1190
Dr. Casey

It's not time to worry quite just yet. It's not uncommon for information concerning Summer anime to be scarce at mid-Winter; I think just a small handful of Summer 2014 anime have been announced period (I think somewhere around five or six, counting the Sailor Moon remake). I'll start feeling anxious again if there's no news by April's end or thereabouts, though.
Old 2014-02-26, 05:44   Link #1191
Sophie
succubus
*IT Support

There will be an anime related Sailor Moon announcement either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Source:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 小林雄次 @kobayuji
アニメ『新セーラームーン』の新情報が明日か明後日に発表されるそうです^_^何が発表になるのか私も知ら ないので、ファンの皆さんと同じ気持ちでドキドキして待ちます。
Yuji Kobayashi, Story Editor of the new Sailor Moon anime.

You can most likely see the announcement on that Twitter account.
It might be in Japanese, but myself (or whoever beats me to it) will post it in this thread ASAP.

---

Yuji Kobayashi has done previous work:

- Aoi Bungaku Series (TV) : Screenplay (eps 11-12)
- Sailor Moon (TV 2014) : Series Composition
- Saint Seiya Omega (TV) : Script (5 episodes)
- Smile Precure! (TV) : Script (9 episodes)
- Suite Precure (TV) : Script (6 episodes)
Old 2014-02-27, 03:55   Link #1192
T-6000

Thanks for letting us know, Ayumi! Hopefully it'll be some good, concrete info (and *NOT* an announcement for an announcement), though I know this is unlikely but I hope it's a teaser trailer. At this point I'd be willing to take some info since we know so little.

Last edited by T-6000; 2014-02-27 at 05:42.
Old 2014-02-27, 07:31   Link #1193
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
Thanks for letting us know, Ayumi! Hopefully it'll be some good, concrete info (and *NOT* an announcement for an announcement), though I know this is unlikely but I hope it's a teaser trailer. At this point I'd be willing to take some info since we know so little.
That'd be real early for a teaser trailer, your best bet for that would be towards the end of march when there's some big anime conventions in japan where companies exhibit all their upcoming shows.
Old 2014-02-27, 08:05   Link #1194
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

There better be a trailer.
Old 2014-02-27, 10:21   Link #1195
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I hope the wait is worth it. I fear the impact of the rage if anything will happened unexpectedly.
Old 2014-02-27, 11:49   Link #1196
Horse

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/110843

... Takanashi doing the music? Seriously? Sure hope it's not Precure tier.
Old 2014-02-27, 12:14   Link #1197
Sophie
succubus
*IT Support

For those who don't speak Japanese, here's a translation of Horse's link:

Quote:
原作:武内直子
監督:境宗久
シリーズ構成:小林雄次
キャラクターデザイン:佐光幸恵
美術監督:倉橋隆、保坂有美
音楽:高梨康治
音楽制作:キングレコード
アニメーション制作:東映アニメーション
主題歌:ももいろクローバーZ
ニコニコ動画にて2014年7月、全世界同時配信予定
Original: Naoko Takeuchi (武内直子)
Director: Munehisa Sakai (境宗久)
Series Composition: Yuji Kobayashi (小林雄次)
Character Design: Yukie Sako (佐光幸恵)
Art Director: Takashi Kurahashi, Yumi Hosaka (倉橋隆, 保坂有美)
Music: Yasuharu Takanashi (高梨康治)
Music Production: King Records (キングレコード)
Animation Production: Toei Animation (東映アニメーション)
Music theme: Momoiro Clover Z (ももいろクローバーZ)
Airing: July 2014 on Nico Nico Douga, (Simultaneously Worldwide)
Subtitles: 10 different languages

Still waiting for more media.. just a goddamn picture would be nice.
Old 2014-02-27, 12:41   Link #1198
AntonKutovoi

One Piece director, Naruto composer and Saint Seiya Omega scriptwriter? You know, I'm even more worried now.

Hm... Nevermind about Sakai. Looks like he was in charge of Water 7 and Enies Lobby arcs, which is probably the best part of One Piece.
Old 2014-02-27, 13:01   Link #1199
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
One Piece director, Naruto composer and Saint Seiya Omega scriptwriter? You know, I'm even more worried now.
ONE PIECE?!!!
Old 2014-02-27, 13:32   Link #1200
RollingPenguin

Quote:
Yes,a good director plus a good composer,we all know how horrible this anime will turn out to be.
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo