AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-30, 09:24   Link #121
Sylvanthious

I didn't cry watching this either, and I kind of expected to, maybe I should have had a couple beers before watching it. I was completely shocked by what happened, it was heart breaking. Hughes was one of my favorite characters, such a great guy. I'm really gonna miss him.
Old 2004-03-30, 09:46   Link #122
neoko

how l33t would it be if he comes back later...as a homunculus ? lol...maybe not, bad joke?

but hey, i wouldn't mind seeing him in his cheerful self again, i just can't imagine the affect on his family...so ... ... devastating...
Old 2004-03-30, 09:55   Link #123
Rasengan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mildoe
then what was the part that roy's assistent had to explain hughes intentions about?
When Roy said all the things about Huges promoted to a position above him, he does not mean it exact as he said it. It's a way of comforting himself, so that he doesn't burst out crying because he had lost his most trustworthy friend.

Then Hawkeye told him that Huge at the end was doing everything for Mustang to try to push him up the military, and Mustang cried. (This is so sad...).

Anyway, remember how devasted Ed was when Nina died...And they've only lived together for not so long. He was crying very hard and tried his best to find out the cause of her death. Imagine him when he discovers the death of Huge, he was like a father to Ed and Al, constantly caring for them, listening to their problems and the only person who remembered Ed's birthday during the earlier episodes. T___T.
Old 2004-03-30, 10:04   Link #124
neoko

i fear a pow pow coming up...lots of GRRR, pow pow.
Old 2004-03-30, 10:42   Link #125
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoko
now that the humour has died out, i believe this is the changing point to this GREAT series why ? b/c :

1) hughes dead = not much humour and a lot of pissed off people dying for revenge
2) Corruption in the above military gets more obvious and sooner or later, something / someone's bound to find out the truth and reveal it.
3) The one eye guy ... big big military dude is sus, and something fishy radiates from him...now that is that?

so yeah, everyting is changing, the light is slowly fading and now the shadow takes lead, i believe this is like the turning point to the storey, it's perfect how Ed was saying all this shit about how annoying he was and seeing him salute, just image Ed going berserk later when he finds out what REALLY happened...and regretts...say "that baka! why...?"

then again - this is just me thinking...it could be different, but everyone's got an opinion.
Humour? How can the humour be gone? After all, Mr Sparkles aka Major Alex Luis Armstrong is still in the show

The humour will still be in there but will be tempered by passing events. That's what good about this series.
Old 2004-03-30, 11:17   Link #126
avmoghe

I must say that this was a magnificent episode. I respect the makers of the anime for having the guts to kill off one of the most likeable characters. If the series can keep up this level of intensity without digressing into pointless filler or unnecessary "comic relief," this may very well become one of my all time favorites. (though I will admit that the only real filler we've had was episode 16 - it only had one somewhat important scene.. the other "fillers" were pretty necessary to build up the reputation of the brothers, and reveal the homunculus actions)

The series started off just above average with the first 12 episodes. Became exponentially better with episdoes 13-25 with the increased darkness of the storyline. I hope they take it up another notch with the next 25 episodes. Ahh.. this is the way anime should be - this series restores my faith after seeing the horrendous Naruto episodes.

I think I see an all out war coming on between Mustang's party and the Homunculus. Don't know if even Mustang can do anything though... the Homunculus seem basically indestructable.

On a side note, the anime ending is going to be replaced after this episode? I really liked that song too.
Old 2004-03-30, 11:19   Link #127
andy

i don't post much but

RIP Hughes we will miss you
Old 2004-03-30, 15:20   Link #128
jazz

damnz
hughes was one of the more fun guys of the serie
Old 2004-03-30, 18:44   Link #129
locknoir

damn it was a sad episode indeed , it moved me too tears in the end, so sad and yet so perfectly made i admire the full metal alchemist makers for being able to bring us this drama series :<
Old 2004-03-30, 19:20   Link #130
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

This episode wasn't as sad as I expected it to be after reading the spoilers (in comparison with the Zabuza/Haku death scene from another certain anime). Maes Hughes probably knew he was going to die since he fired Scieszka before going to the hotel...
Old 2004-03-30, 22:23   Link #131
OshadowO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath
This episode wasn't as sad as I expected it to be after reading the spoilers (in comparison with the Zabuza/Haku death scene from another certain anime). Maes Hughes probably knew he was going to die since he fired Scieszka before going to the hotel...
ya cause you saw it coming. you never see it coming in the anime until just a few minutes b4 (when he fires his secretary) and even then I thought it might be next episode or something.
lesson if you want to cry then
whislt in a thread with spoilers
avert your eyes
Old 2004-03-30, 23:08   Link #132
indicatoto101

I would comment more on this episode if I saw more of it. Honestly, I was skipping to see Hughes' death and was too cowardly to see it. I'am extremely upset that he is dead and not the more boring characters. I'll, We'll miss you Maes Hughes. Maybe you will make Heaven laugh.
Old 2004-03-31, 00:04   Link #133
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan
When Roy said all the things about Huges promoted to a position above him, he does not mean it exact as he said it. It's a way of comforting himself, so that he doesn't burst out crying because he had lost his most trustworthy friend.
Actually, I don't think it's self-comforting, it's more like a self-mocking in an ironic way... something like he was sooooo sad that he can't even express how sad he is with words...
Old 2004-03-31, 00:29   Link #134
Anthias

What an amazing episode.

Rest In Peace Maes Hughes.

Time for blood. I'm seeing red. I want to see ed slaughter lust and envy and that other b-i - tch. I want to see lots of anime homunculi blood...

Very well done. Its such a shame some EVIL FREAK spoiled it for me by not using spoiler tags last week Kill.... kill..... kill.....

Ok, I'm (twitch) calm now...

Poor elysia-chan...

It was obvious he KNEW he was likely to die, his firing of the bookworm, his last words when with Glacier and Elysia before he left - he new what he was going into. But he did it anyway. Such bravery. (SOB!) so noble (WHIMPER!) what a true hero (WAAAAAHH!!!!!). all to protect those around him. Everyone. Not limited to his wife and child, but everyone. Unconditionally.

This charactrer was one depicted with a nice soul. I'll miss him.
Old 2004-03-31, 01:26   Link #135
NocturnalFerri

the worst part of it all was that we all *knew* he was gonna die, either by spoilers, or by figuring it out, or by some funky premenition. If you know somethin' bad's gonna happen, you hold your breath and wait for it cuz you know it's coming. Urg. By the time it happens it's even more torturous cuz of all that breath holding and anticipation and grief. Well, at least to me, anyway.
Old 2004-03-31, 02:03   Link #136
Joe Dalton

I love the train part as hughes stands there.
But I twonder if edward understood what happened or if he will still be shocked.
I loved the ep where he said he would follow roys ambition as roy was posing and hughes on his legs
I wonder how this anime will end though.... I am looking forward 2 the next ep... ofcourse I always am This is the best anime on animesuki atm
and I didnt get spoilers since I was banned at the time
Thanky
Old 2004-03-31, 04:45   Link #137
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

That was a great episode, but it sucks that he is gone, he was my favorite character from FMA.
Old 2004-03-31, 05:20   Link #138
peeweek
砂漠の錬金術師

Omg!

I'm sooo sad too, but I didn't cry either. This is an incredibly sad episode that reveals many things about the plot. The death of huges was a bit unexpected and it will miss us a lot.

But there is still a thing i don't get: why did Envy transform into Huges wife before killing him? Is it a proof of kindness towards him (to let him see his wife a last time)? Or does this mean huges wife has a role into this? Envy is not supposed to know her, isn't it?

Looks suspicious... very suspicious...

Lookin foward for the next season to be incredibly amazing if the plot still goes this way
Old 2004-03-31, 05:40   Link #139
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeweek
But there is still a thing i don't get: why did Envy transform into Huges wife before killing him? Is it a proof of kindness towards him (to let him see his wife a last time)? Or does this mean huges wife has a role into this? Envy is not supposed to know her, isn't it?
Envy sees picture. Envy knows he will not attack his own wife instantly. Envy transforms.
Old 2004-03-31, 05:57   Link #140
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I always think that transforming into his daughter would have a much better effect... Just imagine what Huges would look like if he saw his dear little Elysia-chan pointing a gun at him... hehehe...
Closed Thread