AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-18, 14:35   Link #21
Grim_Reaper

The director of DTB and Wolf's Rain is doing this series? I'm looking forward to it now!
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 17:38   Link #22
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

I wasn't particularly interested in this before (mainly because I don't really know anything about it) but Tensai Okamura's involvement has me sold. I have yet to see an anime he worked on that I didn't enjoy.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 18:37   Link #23
Iron Maw
Banned

After seeing Shemi's VA, I wonder when Kanon will show up.

The PV was quite nice, artwise it's very comparable to the manga and animation looks very high quality. Production Staff and VA cast look excellent too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
The F ?
What kind of luck the mangaka have lol, the series just recently started but the anime project is pretty ambitious.
Yeah , the manga has no more then 18 chapters out, so it's only going to follow the basic premise at best. Like Katapan said, this pretty much the "new FMA" in terms of adaptation,. The first FMA series was done pretty well even if was weaker than the manga and considering the staff here it should be a decent series at it's worst.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 19:43   Link #24
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post

The PV was quite nice, artwise it's very comparable to the manga and animation looks very high quality. Production Staff and VA cast look excellent too.

Yeah , the manga has no more then 18 chapters out, so it's only going to follow the basic premise at best. Like Katapan said, this pretty much the "new FMA" in terms of adaptation,. The first FMA series was done pretty well even if was weaker than the manga and considering the staff here it should be a decent series at it's worst.
21 chapters, to be correct
Old 2010-12-18, 21:38   Link #25
Iron Maw
Banned

Ah, I okay. I was mostly going by what's scanlated and what RAWs where out. Still far too early for a really faithful adaptation.
Old 2010-12-18, 22:17   Link #26
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Ah, I okay. I was mostly going by what's scanlated and what RAWs where out. Still far too early for a really faithful adaptation.
But its already worth 5 vol. And not too mention big chance this project only for filling the slot before *cough*thesupposednewgundamseries*cough* aired.
Old 2010-12-19, 09:12   Link #27
tsunade666

Wow the cast is awesome! thanks applejuice for the translation of the staff.

Accelerator as rin and Lulu for Yukino and Shiemi is NADEKO! my most favorite bakemonogatari girl!
Old 2010-12-19, 18:01   Link #28
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
But its already worth 5 vol. And not too mention big chance this project only for filling the slot before *cough*thesupposednewgundamseries*cough* aired.
True, but even that number of Volumes can be blown through in one season.
Old 2010-12-22, 23:17   Link #29
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Is there info concerning the number of episodes yet? I guess 5 volumes would do well for 12/13 episodes and more. I mean... We're talking about a monthly manga, which has at least 40 pages per chapter (first chapter has 60 or more, I can`t remember). A-1 doesn`t do series with 24/26 episodes very often, doesn`t it? And, besides, if it's going to be aired on April, that gives us 3 or 4 more manga chapters until then.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 14:31   Link #30
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Well, A-1 does do more 1-cour series than two-cour, but it's not like they haven't produced any. Besides, I can't see it being anything less than two-cour considering the timeslot it has.
Old 2011-01-02, 14:51   Link #31
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
Is there info concerning the number of episodes yet? I guess 5 volumes would do well for 12/13 episodes and more. I mean... We're talking about a monthly manga, which has at least 40 pages per chapter (first chapter has 60 or more, I can`t remember). A-1 doesn`t do series with 24/26 episodes very often, doesn`t it? And, besides, if it's going to be aired on April, that gives us 3 or 4 more manga chapters until then.
The timeslot who runs this titles hate 12/13 episode title except for Sengoku Basara 2.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 18:32   Link #32
mimixblade

mimixblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 19:54   Link #33
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHH View Post
I wasn't particularly interested in this before (mainly because I don't really know anything about it) but Tensai Okamura's involvement has me sold. I have yet to see an anime he worked on that I didn't enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper View Post
The director of DTB and Wolf's Rain is doing this series? I'm looking forward to it now!
Yeah, this is one heck of a staff, I love this director's work!
Also Keigo Sasaki's character designs for Senkou no Night Raid were great as has been Hiroyuki Sawano's awesome score for Gundam Unicorn.
Already seeing the staff's influence in the extra polish of this cool trailer and art, looking forward to it now.

I had no idea this was going to be so big, this just jumped up my list of anticipated upcoming anime with the trailer and the staff they've assembled, especially Okamura at the top, for this thing.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 19:58   Link #34
DangerMouse

Quote:

Ah, well since they're already going ahead with it and not waiting at least it's a good sign we've got Okamura directing who does great in depth original stories, so I'm quite hopeful for the quality and wouldn't mind if it can achieve that as I really loved the first FMA as well as Brotherhood and I'd prefer this not be just a short and done show, it looks too good for that along with that great trailer and big time VA and staff list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The timeslot who runs this titles hate 12/13 episode title except for Sengoku Basara 2.
Hopefully that's a good sign, this looks way too good to be that short especially with such a kickass staff gathered to do this. (And certainly too good to be short with a pseudo-ending that prevents them from continuing)

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-01-06 at 20:14.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 17:10   Link #35
Destinyblade

How long this series goes may depend on the rumored Gundam series coming out this year. Unless it's another SD aimed for the kiddies, it will almost certainly air on nichigo. The question is when it will premiere.

The person who posted Okawara's Twitter hint said next Summer, but I doubt it. This show has too much material to only go 13 episodes, and nichigo typically premieres shows in the Fall and Spring anyways. Probably this goes two cours, and then the new Gundam comes in October.

Another exorcist title, huh? I've only seen glimpses of D.Gray-Man, but I wonder how much the two differ. But Tensai Okamura being the director... I've only heard of his name attached to original projects like Wolf's Rain and Darker Than BLACK, so it'll be interesting to see how he does a shounen adaptation.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 08:15   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Took me a while but I'm finally here

I was really surprised when I saw the staff and cast lists. I thought it was just going to be your run-of-the-mill anime adaptation, but clearly, it'll be a lot more than that.
Old 2011-01-30, 09:23   Link #37
Katapan
俺様祭り

A new CM was shown after this week's episode of Star Driver. No new footage, but a few lines from Okamoto Nobuhiko as Rin, and a look at the anime designs for all the main characters:

Still looking great - I'm really loving Shiemi's look. (And Renzo's hair. \o/) About 2 months left!
Old 2011-01-30, 11:03   Link #38
tsunade666

Awesome! Just watch star driver and the preview in the end is awesome! Okamoto nobuhiko? is he the voice actor for rin? is he also the one who voiced accelerator because it sounded to me as accelerator.

But still the animation is really awesome and I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2011-01-30, 11:08   Link #39
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Awesome! Just watch star driver and the preview in the end is awesome! Okamoto nobuhiko? is he the voice actor for rin? is he also the one who voiced accelerator because it sounded to me as accelerator.
Yep that's him, he's the next big thing if he isn't already.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 11:34   Link #40
Katapan
俺様祭り

As one could expect, the series will run for 2 cours.
(via @raito_kun)

Tags
fantasy, shounen