AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-11-18, 09:48   Link #1
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Favourite anime OP and ED of 2012

2012 came and passing, and it's not the end of the world yet.... Anyway the fourth annual favourite anime OP and ED thread is here. Hope we all will have a bit of reflecting over what we watched over the year and share up some suggestions for fellow AS to watch over Christmas

As usual, there are no actual rules to follow, just basically list out your 3 favourite OP and 3 favourite ED of the year. Can be series both started or ended in 2012. There are some sincere requests through:
  1. Please list all different OP or ED (OP2, OP3 and so on) of a same anime into one if they are all in your top list
  2. Take the song, the animation, and their role within the anime into account. That's why this thread is not in the music forum
  3. Put up some youtube link if available, we all want to know what's popular among the community. 6 youtube links gonna be huge in space, so put them into spoilers

And here are some of past years popular choice from AS fellow members
Spoiler for 2009:

Spoiler for 2010:

Spoiler for 2011:

Edit: 2012 results
OPs
  1. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OP - both OP 1, 2
  2. Fate/ Zero OP - to the beginning
  3. Sword Art Online ( mostly OP2) and Sakamichi OP
With Hyouka OP and Nisemonogatari OP comes close
EDs
  1. Shin Sekai Yori ED - Wareta Ringo
  2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure ED - Roundabout
  3. Psycho-Pass and Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! ED
Shin Sekai Yori ED actually ran away with 1st spot by a mile or more. And the list is followed by Horizon ED and Nisamono ED

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2013-01-04 at 23:16. Reason: fixed as Konakaga
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 10:13   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Mine is :

OP
1. Angela - KINGS (K opening theme) Sample
2. Sweety - Back into my world (Sengoku Collection second opening theme)

3. Ling Tosite Sigure - abnormalize (Psycho-Pass first opening theme) Sample

ED
1. StylipS - Study X Study (High School DxD ending theme)

2. Egoist - Namae no nai Kaibutsu (Psycho-Pass first ending theme)

3. Shuhei Kita - Kono Te de Idaki Tomeru kara (Hiiro no Kakera first ending theme)

Honorable mentions :
GRANRODEO - RIMFIRE (Kuroko's Basketball second opening theme)
Aimi - Link (The Ambition of Oda Nobuna opening theme)
Hiroaki "Tommy" Tominaga - JoJo ~Sono Chi no Sadame~ (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure first opening theme)
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-11-19 at 09:17.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 10:46   Link #3
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
OPs for 2012

1. So no Chi no Sadame - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OP

2. To the Beginning - Fate Zero OP2

3. Go to the Top - Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse

EDs for 2012

1. Ohisama - Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

2. Signs - Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse

3. Roundabout - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Those that got in first place did so for blending music AND visuals perfectly for me.
Old 2012-11-18, 12:20   Link #4
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

OP

1) to the beginning - Fate/Zero OP2
2) Burst the Gravity - Accel World OP2
3) crossing field - Sword Art Online OP1

Honorable mentions

4) Hyouka OP1
5) AKB0048 OP
6) Little Busters OP (really liked what they did with the original song)
7) Sword Art Online OP2

Dishonorable mentions

1) Kokoro Connect OP1 (rainbows, rainbows everywhere)
2) Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai OP (So hardcore they had to slow down on the spazzing)

ED

1) Unite - Accel World ED2
2) Kokoro no Kara - Kokoro Connect ED1
3) INSIDE IDENTITY - Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai ED

Honorable Mentions

4) Kokoro Connect ED3
5) Accel World ED1
6) Hyouka ED1
7) Koi to Senkyou to Chocolate ED

Dishonorable Mentions

1) PapaKiki ED (LSD everywhere)
2) Hyouka ED2 (Just... doesn't have that spark ED1 had, and no I'm not talking about Yuri)

Arty

EDIT: I want to say that this has been a beautiful year for us.

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact

Last edited by Arturia Polaris; 2012-11-18 at 13:04.
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 12:54   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

OP

1. Space Brothers OP1 - Feel so moon by Unicorn
2. Jojo's bizarre adventure OP - Sono Chi no sadame
3. Sakamichi no Apollon OP - Sakamichi no melody by YUKI

ED

1. Shin Sekai Yori ED1 - Wareta Ringo by Risa Taneda
2. Psycho Pass ED1 - Namae no nai Kaibutsu by Egoist
3. Highschool DxD ED - Study x Study by StylipS

Last edited by Kanon; 2012-11-19 at 08:38.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 13:06   Link #6
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Entirely for the nostalgia factor:

OP
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-18, 14:46   Link #7
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

OP
1. Hyouka OP2 - Mikansei Stride
2. Aquarion EVOL OP1 - Kimi no Shinwa
3. Sword Art Online OP2 - INNOCENCE

ED

1. K-On! Movie ED - Singing!
2. Shin Sekai Yori ED - Wareta Ringo
3. Aquarion EVOL ED1 - Gekkou Symphonia

Lol, there were a lot of OPs I wanted to include. Ask me on a different day and my top 3 OPs might be different.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 15:52   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'll nominate two ED's, though the first is far and away one of the most beautiful anime OP/ED sequences I've seen in a long time.

2. Kamisama Kiss ED - Kamisama Onegai by Hanae

When I can't put a melody out of my mind on the golf course, I think that's a measure of how effective it is. "Kamisama Onegai" followed me around for four hours the other day.

Watching the newest fansubbed episode of 2011's Hyouge Mono reminded me how much I love the ED in that show, Kizuna by Saito Yuki, as well.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 16:45   Link #9
mistress_kisara

OP Song

1.Kuroko no Basket OP2 - RIMFIRE by Granrodeo
Spoiler:

2. Fate/Zero OP2 - to the beginning by Kalafina
3. Sword Art Online OP2 - INNOCENCE by Aoi Eir
Honorable mentions: Sukitte ii na yo OP - Friendship for Sukitte ii na yo. by Ritsuko Okazaki, Zetsuen no Tempest OP - Spirit Inspiration by Nothing's Carved in Stone, Guilty Crown OP2 - The Everlasting Guilty Crown by EGOIST

ED Song
1. Sukitte ii na yo. ED - slow dance by Suneohair
Spoiler:

2. Kokoro Connect ED1 - Kokoro no Kara by Team Nekokan
Spoiler:

3. Hakuouki Reimeiroku ED - Hana no Atosaki by mao
Spoiler:

Honorable mentions: Kamisama Hajimemashita ED - Kamisama Onegai by Hanae, Code:Breaker ED - Shiroi Karasu by Kenichi Suzumura

Last edited by mistress_kisara; 2012-11-18 at 20:21.
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 18:00   Link #10
Echoes

I'll probably have to look through a list of what aired this year to jog my memory as to what actually aired this year, but here are a few off the top of my head.

Hyouka's second ending.
The music and the song fit the imagery perfectly, and I actually don't think I skipped the sequence more than once or twice. The detective-themed chase and escape scene with the wanted posters, monocles and magnifying glasses... great stuff. I know a lot of people loved the first ending, but it didn't do much for me. This is where it's at.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Opening. Glad to see this one brought up a couple of times already! This song is nothing short of amazing. The melody and vocals get your blood pumping, and the lyrics are actually kind of incredible. It sets the perfect tone for an episode. Just listen to that "Jojo, Jojo!" chant and tell me otherwise.

Sakamichi no Apollon Opening. This one really hits the emotional spot for me. I'm not sure how to describe the unusual vocals, but I adore them. The part where the trumpet kicks in towards the end is of particular note to me. I love how it builds toward that finale. Again, the piece just set the perfect mood for the series in every way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'll nominate two ED's, though the first is far and away one of the most beautiful anime OP/ED sequences I've seen in a long time.

2. Kamisama Kiss ED - Kamisama Onegai by Hanae
Great choices. Both of those ending sequences are beautiful. The former in particular just sticks with you. Wonderful singing voice and a soothing melody.
Old 2012-11-18, 19:19   Link #11
Kirarakim

Openings

1) Shirokuma Cafe 1st Opening Boku no Invitation
Fun song and colorful imagery. This got me into the mood for the series every week and was really sorry they changed it.

2) Uchuu Kyoudai 1st Opening Feel so Moon Again a fun, upbeat song with creative visuals. And another one I wish they didn't change.

3) Tsuritama Opening Tsurezure Monochrome Pretty much the same reason as the other two I like my openings to be upbeat and fun to watch and listen to

Honorable Mentions: Fate Zero 2nd Season Opening and Hyouka 1st Opening because they really are great songs.

Endings

1) Hyouka 2nd Ending Kimi ni Matsuwaru Misteri : Absolutely adorable and extremely fitting, love the double meaning of the detectives trying to capture their criminals and the girls trying to catch the boys.

I also put this at number one because after seeing this ending I decided to finally watch this series (well that and a friend's tweets on twitter)

2) Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Ending Takaramono: I am sure I will be the only person who will put this but I love this ending. The images and song are just so sweet and heartwarming, it really matches Natsume Yuujinchou Shi perfectly

3) Shin Sekai Yori Wareta Ringo: Amazing song and great visuals

Honorable Mentions: Kamisama Kiss & Sakamichi no Apollon Endings (Great songs, but the visuals don't do it for me)

Now hopefully I didn't forget anything!
Old 2012-11-18, 19:30   Link #12
jte742

Openings:
1) Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - "Q&A Recital!" by Haruka Tomatsu (This song is so much fun - I especially like the horns [even though they're probably not real])
2) Sukitte Ii na yo - "Friendship" by Ritsuko Okazaki (A sad song, made doubly so by the fact that she is no longer with us)

Endings:
1) Space Brothers ending 2 - "Kokuhaku" by Angela Aki ("I think I love you, I think I do!" Also I find the combination of a head-over-heels love song and a heavy launch vehicle quite appealing...)
2) Robotics;Notes - "Umikaze no Brave" by fumika (again, very catchy and fun song, and the scenes of Airi exploring Tanegashima go well with the music)

Last edited by jte742; 2012-11-18 at 20:07.
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 19:44   Link #13
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Jormungand 2: Perfect Order - Opening 1
Spoiler for op:

Guilty Crown Opening 2
Spoiler for op:

Sankarea Opening
Spoiler for op:

btooom op
Spoiler for op:

code breaker shiroi karasu
Spoiler for ed:

ano natsu de matteru ending
Spoiler for ed:

psycho pass ending-look at misaofans post
Kore wa Zombie desu ka? Of the Dead ending 1
Spoiler for ed:

lol
Spoiler for op:
Old 2012-11-18, 20:04   Link #14
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
OPs

1) Rinne no Lagrange OP

First off I love the song composed by Rasmus Faber but I really love the visuals that goes with it,really dig the color scheme and there's great timing to the song as well.

2) Jojo's Bizarre adventures OP

Talk about setting the tone for a show,want to know what you're in for if you want to watch Jojo?Just watch the OP,the song has a really retro shonen aspect to it and while the animation is CGI it has this "manga come to life" (like at the start with the manga pages) feel to it that's also very much present in the anime itself.

3)Nazo no Kanojo X OP

The chara designs feel very 90s so I like the choice to go with a song that feels retro as well,nothing spectacular with the visuals but I do feel they show the anime's true colors which is that of a sweet boys meets girl love story (love the part where they ride the train together and dance together) rather than some pure perverted drool story

Honorable Mentions (won't get counted but want to share them anyway)

4)Lupin the third: a woman named Fujiko Mine OP (WARNING: totally NSFW at all)

This OP is unlike any other and pretty much the ultimate "artsy OP" from the visuals to the choice of narration over an instrumental song,it pretty much sets the tone for the show.

5)Zetsuen no Tempest OP (last 3 seconds missing but nothing big)

It is really standard I guess but I still feel it's really well done and gets me pumped up when I start watching an episode.
I feel the visuals really feed off each other,there's great action animation as well as timing to the song, stuff like the shot of of our two protags walking off set to "no...I... can't...lose" towards the end is just really badass.
It reminds me of another OP I love that was done by the same person:the Canaan OP

EDs

1)Shin Sekai Yori ED

I already really like the song but the visuals with the silhouettes really put this over the top,I get shivers when the the fireworks start going off.

2)Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita ED

I really wish Masumi Itou would compose and sing more ED and OP,love her work but I really dig the visuals here as well,they really do represent the anime well since just like the anime itself behind the colorfull look you can find a darker meaning (everything disappearing at the end and the girl lying down)

3)JoJo's bizarre adventures ED

The manga is full of classic rock references so if there ever was an anime where it'd be right to use this kind of song it's this one,visuals wise there's nothing fancy but the strongest point of the ED is something not seen in this vid (and I couldn't find a vid that showed it) there's a longer version with an instrumental intro,in many episodes that intro is played at the end of the episode to help dramatize it (and it's really really effective,especially at the end of episode 6) and then transitions into the ED you see in the link.By the end I'm really as pumped up as if I'd seen an OP.

Honorable mentions:

4) Sakurasou no pet no kanojo ED

Just like jojo the begining of the ED is usually played at the last scene of the episode to dramatize it (it's also quite effective) so that's why there's 20 seconds missing.The song itself is just OK to me though I find the chorus catchy but what I really like the visuals style as well as the concept of the characters in that t-shirt.
What I really like about it is that there's a "teenagers trying to follow their dreams" feeling to this whole ED (seriously,I could see a similar ED being used for something like bakuman) and I really appreciate that since that's definatly a strong theme of the show itself.

5)Joshiraku ED

The earworm ED by excellence , I feel I lose a gazillion braincells everytime I listen to it but yet can't stop myself,the randomness of the visuals with the girls dancing really goes well with it and the whole thing pretty much embodies what the show is about: pure randomness.

Last edited by totoum; 2012-11-18 at 20:41.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 21:10   Link #15
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I wrote OPs a bit earlier and the ranking hasn't changed so...

and ugh everything is blocked on Youtube

1. Sakamichi no Apollon-- Sakamichi no Melody

This song is just so sick, with the powerful instruments in the background as it changes tempo. It feels like actual music as opposed to generic pop that a lot of anime is prone to. Or annoying whiny/chipmunk stuff. But you'd expect no less from Yoko Kanno. What really helps is the scenes that the music accompanies, capturing the show's essence in a minute in a half. I can't get enough of it, I'd say.

2. Fate/Zero-- To the Beginning

The first OP to Fate/Zero was alright but a bit on the weak side. Lisa sang alright for Angel Beats and Oath Sign but I always felt her voice was too weak. The 2nd OP just feels more powerful and suited to an epic story like Fate/Zero. The visuals tease us to what has happened and what will happen. Sliding down the finish line; that's what it felt like.

3. Shakugan no Shana III- Serment

While the first half of Shana's last season was cursed with mediocre sounds and certainly NOT Kotoko's best work, they kicked off the last half with a song in 2012 that really reminds me of some last stage in a video game. The fact that Mami Kawada's back to sing it and it keeps reflecting past nostalgic memories in its scenes really helps drives the point home of FINAL. Questionable writing outside, great OP.

Honorable Mention: Nisemonogatari-- Futakotome for sounding a continuation of "Staple Staple"

ED-- I usually don't care for EDs:

1.) Shin Sekai Yori ED
I don't know. I just found it insanely catchy, and fits the delirium of the series really well. The visuals also go along well; what with the descent into something extremely unsettling

2.) Psychopass ED1- It sounds very powerful despite the relatively quiet vocals that start out the song. Instruments kick ass throughout. A mix of somberness into something of high energy-- kinda dark. Kinda like the show itself The most notable thing about this is that it's really cool, and is reminiscent of Ghost in the Shell.

3.) Rinne no Lagrange-- Hello

Nice and relaxing. Sadly the series was like that too, and I fell asleep. Still the bells are just so well done.

Honorable Mention: Fate/Zero ED2
Tari Tari-- Kokoro no Senritsu (But this is a special ED, so I am cheating)

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 21:26   Link #16
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Don't care about OP's or ED's for the most part as I tend to always skip them. If one does stick out to me though it's usually because of the song. There's 4 OP's this year that I particularly liked:

Psycho-Pass - Dunno what to say about this one really, except that I like the song. The visuals aren't anything great but I guess they suit the mood of the show just fine.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - This one is just on an incredibly epic scale. Not to mention from what I understand it's uncommon for anime to have songs composed solely for them anymore, so that's cool to hear. The interesting manga/CGI hybrid visual style suits the series' origins as a Shounen Jump manga quite well too.

Black Rock Shooter - I didn't like this song at first, but after hearing a number of various covers of it, it began to grow on me. The visuals are awesome too with some intense moments and personally one of my favorite pure-female casts ever in an anime. My only complaint would be that they should have used an actual person to sing the song rather than what sounds like a text-to-speech program. (AKA Vocaloid)

Sword Art Online OP 1 - Again, the song just kind of grew on me. Leans towards generic J-Pop the most probably out of all the ones I liked, but I guess this song just clicked with me. In terms of visuals it's probably the most vibrant out of the ones I liked, but unfortunately it doesn't do much for me since I don't like the show to an incredible degree.

The videos for them all are probably posted already so I won't bother. Also I don't have any ED's that stood out to me this year, though that's probably because I watch them even less frequently than OP's.
Old 2012-11-18, 22:14   Link #17
Chandela
Straight Chillin

Openings

1. Sakamichi no Apollon - Sakamichi no Melody
2. Hyouka OP2 - Mikansei Stride
3. Sword Art Online OP1 - crossing field

Honorable Mentions
- Hyouka OP1 - Yasashisa no Riyuu
- Sankarea - Esoragoto

Endings

1. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - DAYS of DASH
2. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - White Wishes
3. Shin Sekai Yori - Wareta Ringo

Honorable Mentions
- Kamisama Kiss - Kamisama Onegai

Last edited by Chandela; 2012-11-18 at 23:14.
Chandela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 23:18   Link #18
Kmos

If I had to narrow it down to three:
Kuroko no Basuke OP1 - Granrodeo: "Can Do"
Psycho-Pass OP - Ling Tosite Sigure: "abnormalize"
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia OP - Konomi Suzuki: "Choir Jail"

Hunter x Hunter 2011 ED2 - Galneryus: "Hunting for your Dreams"
Shin Sekai Yori ED - Risa Taneda: "Wareta Ringo"
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia ED - Aki Okui: "Calender"

Honorable mentions and I had a really difficult time picking the three EDs:
Binbougami ga! OP - Piko: "make my Day!"
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita OP - nano.RIPE: "Real World"
Beelzebub ED5 - 9nine: "Shoujo Traveler"
Kingdom ED1 - Takumi Ishida: "Voice of Soul"
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 23:22   Link #19
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

As usual I consider far too many good this year.
Top 5 OPs:
1. Serment - Shakugan no Shana III/Final last OP

The song really fit the very serious and desperate parts of the final series, and the animation shows it well, and set the mood greatly for the episodes.

2. Kimi ga Yume wo Tsuretekita - Sakurasou no pet no kanojo OP

The animation had colorful positive feel to it, which really suits the upbeat and cute song, and generally matches the feel of the show well.

3. Cross X Over Sensation - Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru 2 ~Futari no Elder OP

Not sure what to say for this one besides that I really like it song and animation wise.

4. Crossing Field - Sword Art Online OP 1 (already posted)

The visuals really fit well for the being trapped in the game, and their struggle, and I really like the song and fitting it really well to the show.

5. Kibou ni Tsuite - AKB0048 OP

Great song with fair bit of significance to the story, and the animation of dances at various parts is good, as the animation on whole.

10 Honorable mentions:
Spoiler for Honorable mentions:

Top 5 EDs:
1. Lost Child - Mouretsu Pirates

While I really like the song, I really like how the animation of it progressed as various events went on during the series (changing of outfits, more characters appearing, etc)

2. MUSIC♪ - The iDOLM@STER: Shiny Festa ED

The song and animation are amazingly cute, and the fit perfectly. Easily the cutest combination of any of the OP and EDs this year .

3.Singing - K-On! Movie, no animated versions on YT

While it doesn't fit the movie's general feel per say, the song and animation are just top notch, and the animation really feels fitting to the song.

4. Square Panic Serenade/Futuristic Player - Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A (I can't pick between them , no TV versions on YT )

Square Panic Serenade being very cute and happy song and animation and Futuristic Player being the much more serious song, and the show using them based on how the episode was ending was great to create right mood, or tension for the series.

5. Kimi ni Matsuwaru Mystery- Hyouka ED 2 (already posted)

I pretty much agree with Kirarakim on it being adorable, and the double meaning used .

10 Honorable mentions:
Spoiler for Honorable mentions:
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 23:24   Link #20
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Jormungand Perfect Order OP

Spoiler for Jormungand:

Haiyore Nyaruko San OP
Spoiler for Nyaruko:
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote