AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-02-07, 02:57   Link #101
evil

Aww damn. H8 bootlegs
evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 13:33   Link #102
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

ADV Is having the 75% sale AGAIN!!!

Angelic Layer Box Set For $30!

ADV

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 19:25   Link #103
sorvani

ADV at least came up with a smart way to get rid of the old product before they release thinpacks etc.. i've bought most of my "old school, i'll get it someday" anime from these sales.
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 15:23   Link #104
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani
ADV at least came up with a smart way to get rid of the old product before they release thinpacks etc.. i've bought most of my "old school, i'll get it someday" anime from these sales.
Old Product? Diamond dreams is on there. That's about as new as it gets.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 18:40   Link #105
sorvani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
Old Product? Diamond dreams is on there. That's about as new as it gets.
it may be. but most of the inventory i see on their 75% sales are titles that have made their first run, and are still in stock. they drop the price and move the product, then release the thin packs a bit later.

i'll admit i haven't even looked this time, because i'm currently not in the market for any adv titles. at least that is what my checking account says.
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 22:11   Link #106
pathos86

captain tsubasa

ehh ive been looking for months for a decent DVD online store that sells Captain Tsubasa road to 2002 DVD, it is hard to find that product and when i do find a site they are either out of stock or they seem dodgy(not offering details, shipping, money hanlding, location, payment methods). Is there anyone out there that knows a reliable DVD online store that sells the Captain Tsubasa road to 2002 DVD?
thx
pathos86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 00:32   Link #107
DifferentSamurai

Exclamation Good online anime stores based off california?

I wanted to know if there are more anime stores stores that offer good prices and are located in california as I cannot wait like 4 to 5 days for shipment to arrive, I always use DADVD(DiscountAnimeDVD.com) because they offer decent prices and my shipment always arrives one day after I order or two days at the most, I like the short wait, you know? However recently DADVD I've noticed that as soon as they run of out of stock on an item they never get any more and it always says back ordered and since the wait for backordered items is always like 1-2 weeks I never order unless it is on stock; I have searched and found excellent stores like the animecornerstore.com[URL] but they are based off virginia and it takes about three if I am lucky or usually 4-5 days to get here to my mailbox. I want a store that has more in stock items than DADVD and its warehouse is in california so I can get my shipments faster, as there are no places to buy anime where I live besides the best buy
I don't mind the tax much since buy only up to $100 dollars at a time so the tax isn't much, however any other online stores with warehouses in states near california is still a viable option.

for my buying experience the most important things for me are:
1. Item price
2.shipping speed and price
3. Stock variety

if I was in the habit of spending more than $100 on anime when I get my paycheck then I would consider really far out of state like animecornerstore.com but I am very impatient about waiting so that is why I posted here, to see what suggestions i would get
DifferentSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 01:20   Link #108
bayoab

You are buying from bootleggers. Bad idea. If the time it takes is a problem, order the anime a few days before hand. Bestbuy's prices used to be 2nd or 3rd best around. Most online stores have warehouses in the middle of nowhere. Amazon probably has one near CA if you really need it there tomorrow. If price is most important, check dvdpricesearch.com and order it a few days in advance. (Or pay the damn fees to 2 day/overnight.)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 01:28   Link #109
guess

I remember someone mention a way to buy stuff from yahoo auction japan because most sellers there don't ship oversea. I think it was something about someone will palce bid for you.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Also, since suncoast went down, does anyone know a place nationalwide to buy anime stuff--DVD most likely. Please, not borders, Barnes & Nobles nor fye. They don't have enough collections. Thank you.
Old 2006-03-06, 16:10   Link #110
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There are any number of "online hobby shops" that are selling bootleg copies of anime..... its not worth it --- I got bit twice as a newbie before I realized how the anime marketing cycle worked. In both cases, the DVDs were region free, had so-so english and chinese subtitles, and were LOUSY quality (gamma setting hell from what I could tell).... they were also clearly taken from the broacast episodes rather than a remastered episode like usually done for DVD release.

The dealers mentioned on the front page of animesuki.com have all been good to me: DVD Pacific, Digital Eyes, DeepDiscountDVD. Have had few or no problems with them.

The sites I've had luck with in Japan (direct exporters) are nippon-export.com and cdjapan.co.jp both for manga and anime. www.amazon.co.jp is also okay though their pricing and shipping seems to run higher.

The only place I've had good luck with manga/anime purchases brick'n'mortar style are the Kinokuniya Bookstores. They have stores in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, New York that I know of.... probably others if you check their site. edit: add San Jose & Costa Mesa.... didn't check their East Coast or Central lists.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-03-06 at 16:27.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 11:41   Link #111
gokigenyou

Looking to buy 魔法少女 リリカルなのは A's Vol. 1 (スペシャルパッケージ)

Hello,

I am looking to buy the following DVD...

魔法少女 リリカルなのは A's Vol. 1 (スペシャルパッケージ)
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Vol. 1 (special package)
KIBA-1301
http://www.nanoha.com/goods/goods_dvd01spp.html

I am looking for the Special Package version, not the regular version (which has the same KIBA 1301 catalog number).

The Special Package is a fold-out cardboard containing 2 discs inside, along with bonus device cards, set inside a cardboard art case. The Regular version is just 2 discs inside a plastic DVD clamshell case.

The Special Package was available at Liberty Store 4 in Akihabara for around 17000 yen, inside the glass display case.

Is there someone in Japan who can purchase one of the Special Package version of 魔法少女 リリカルなのは A's Vol. 1 for me, and ship it internationally to the U.S.?

Thanks!
gokigenyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 21:35   Link #112
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokigenyou
Hello,

KIBA-1301

I am looking for the Special Package version, not the regular version (which has the same KIBA 1301 catalog number).

The Special Package is a fold-out cardboard containing 2 discs inside, along with bonus device cards, set inside a cardboard art case. The Regular version is just 2 discs inside a plastic DVD clamshell case.

The Special Package was available at Liberty Store 4 in Akihabara for around 17000 yen, inside the glass display case.

Is there someone in Japan who can purchase one of the Special Package version of 魔法少女 リリカルなのは A's Vol. 1 for me, and ship it internationally to the U.S.?

Thanks!
Why don't you try amazon.co.jp?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...774045-8300707

I am not sure if that is what you are looking for but you email them (yes, in English) and ask about it.

It is a lot of trouble to have someone placing an order in Japan and ship it to you unless you have a connection. If you ever figure a way on this, please do share. I would like to know how as well!
Old 2006-03-22, 04:41   Link #113
madarabe
Dunamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokigenyou
Hello,

KIBA-1301

Thanks!
17K yen?? Wow, that is friggin expensive. I bought it around 6K yen only.

Well, i think now its kinda hard to get the 1st press edition of the previous vol. Usually the 1st press edition is sold out even before the release date of the dvd.

いっぺん 死んでみる?
madarabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 11:56   Link #114
gokigenyou

Nanoha A's DVD 1 Special Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Why don't you try amazon.co.jp?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...774045-8300707

I am not sure if that is what you are looking for but you email them (yes, in English) and ask about it.

It is a lot of trouble to have someone placing an order in Japan and ship it to you unless you have a connection. If you ever figure a way on this, please do share. I would like to know how as well!

Amazon has the regular edition version, not the First pressing version. The First pressing version is out of print, and neither Amazon, CDJapan, JIGS, Yes Asia, or any of these other stores I have checked have it or can get it.

So, I guess my only recourse is to pay a big premium and try to get it purchased from Akihabara via some proxy service.
gokigenyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 13:50   Link #115
raspberihevn

Send a message via AIM to raspberihevn
Macross Original DVD

A friend of mine wants to purchase the Original Macross (I'm not even sure what that is, all I know is that it's not M7, M+, or M0).
We came across some pretty good bootlegged versions but.. you know, it doesn't compare to U.S. version.
Do you have a place to recommend to purchase it for a decent price? Thanks a lot for your help!
raspberihevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 11:31   Link #116
hananokoi
astro boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I remember someone mention a way to buy stuff from yahoo auction japan because most sellers there don't ship oversea. I think it was something about someone will palce bid for you.

Does anyone know how to do this?
www.akibado.com
hananokoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 14:05   Link #117
hananokoi
astro boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukreih
I am ordering Japanese DVDs from amazon.co.jp (actually it's a pre-order cuz it's not yet relased.),and my sister commented they don't send DVDs to contries with different DVD region codes. I heard cases it was fine with Japan to Korea, so if anyone has ordered an DVD from Amazon Japan, help would be greatly appreciated. (I live in Canada)

Also,is there a place where I can buy Import DVDs cheap? Amazon.jp looks quite expensive..
Amazon Japan ships all DVDs worldwide. The dvds are region 2 with no english subtitles, very rare. Japanese products are expensive most of the time depending on your budget and the value of the item.

What dvd is it you looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaki
I wonder how big a company this is now, when I first started ordering from them looked like it was a one man operation. Everything was addressed to a person and the web-site was very primitive. The invoices were handwritten. It has come quite aways in a moreprofessional look and feel .
wow must be a while, to have handwritten invoices. and the old website is lousy where you have to type in the product ids to add to cart and limit 10 items per order. It is much easier now.
hananokoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 14:22   Link #118
User36564
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani
i posted this over in the Shuffle merch thread, but never got an answer, so i thought i'd give it a second try here because after 2 weeks of searching i've learned a couple things.

i can't find phone charms/straps hardly anywhere for ANY series. keychains abound. but i don't want a darn keychain. i want a phone charm/strap.

http://www.399animeshop.com/anime/pr...erchandise.php
http://www.399animeshop.com/ <-- Cheap and good quality phonestraps.
User36564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 03:01   Link #119
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
for the dutch people

http://www.boudisque.nl/index.asp

i order my anime dvd's from that site, it handles in English import so no dutch subs or menu, all English and you can buy some anime on the site that just isnt released in this country

you have no mail costs when you order above 10 Euro's i think, witch is what you already spend when you order an anime dvd and you can make the money over with the use of internet banking, gets delivered to your home as well or you can let it drop off at one of the Boudisque stores but if you do not live near the big cities where the store is hosted its beter to deliver at home (no extra costs on that)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 10:48   Link #120
Archmagination2002

Has anyone gone to the Viz online store lately?

Geez... its pathetic. I went there so I could try to see if they have some of their old manga in stock. Right now they don't sell much.. I still can't believe they have only 2 manga volumes availble(besides their stupid Naruto store).. its the same with everything else too.. Does anybody know what is going on with them?
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime