AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-07, 21:08   Link #2061
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
episode 36
Zeheart and Zanald are on a race to see who can capture Gundam first. Kio and Gundam AGE-3 is in bad situation. Flit was going to use AGE-1 to rescue Kio but...

episode 37
Kio is being kidnapped to Second Moon to see Ezelcant. Ezelcant shows Kio the "truth" of Vagan.

episode 38
Ezelcant starts to analysis Gundam by getting information from Kio. Kio in exchange wants Ezelcant to provide the medicine for curing the Mars plague.

episode 39
Kio escapes from Second Moon with someone's help. But there new Vagan MS shows up. Kio starts to have second thoughts after knowing the situation on Mars.

UNDERSTANDING ENDING CONFIRMED!! AGE CONFIRMED FOR TRAINWRECK!!!
Hey I think we found Rick Santorum's account here!.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 23:42   Link #2062
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
FX = For X-Rounder?
That's the simplest one and knowing Age, that's probably it, incase the Age-"effects" was an acronym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Back on topic, guys...

Anyway, hmm, so the Vagan Gundam shows up in episode 39...? I do think there'll be a timeskip for the AGE-FX to be made, since it seems the AGE-3 will be captured.
I'm thinking that too, after seeing Age-FX/Hi-Qan(T). Fits the MSG->Z->ZZ->CCA path. Like Dr. Casey had said, we still have some years to complete hundred year war.
Old 2012-06-08, 00:32   Link #2063
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
The Japanese seem to forget that the righteous is the one who kills the most enemies and wins the war.

It's like, no matter what anime you watch, it's always about understanding and caring for your enemy.

I was hoping that they would develop Flit's genocidal tendencies and have him do something crazy to show that in war there is no good and bad, morally right and morally wrong, just bad and worse, black, and black-er. But no, it seems they're going for the bleeding heart, kind, naive 13 year old who couldn't hurt a fly (unless he's inside a giant death machine) changing the world and bringing peace through understanding.

I retract what I said in my previous post, while genocide would be morally wrong, it'd still be a heck of a lot more entertaining than the understanding your enemy route.
I can't speak for other anime, but it wouldn't be fitting as far as AGE is concerned to go down that route since its target audience are kids.

And Flit isn't that genocidal yet, I think he's ranted about wanting to wipe the Vagans out once or twice(and I would be surprised if je was the only guy in the army who rants about doing such in a long violent high pressure war where the other team kills a lot of your own civilians directly) but aside from that has barely shown any concrete plans to actually do that aside from just counterattacking the violent Vagan military and continuing the war.

He's hardly impulsive in actual battles, he was even pretty laid back even against Desil twice, someone who has actually done something to him personally.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2012-06-08 at 01:05.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 00:59   Link #2064
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
To be fair, they can still try and have Flit go that route. Chances are if they do Kio will be the one to stop him.
Except he never had any to begin with and it'd be inconsistent with the story and his actions. Plus people seem to forget that he's the protagonist and not an "anti-hero"

The turning point was when he was about to shoot that Vagan guy in the back with a pistol. Grodeck saved him from going down that route by firing first and then paying the price for his actions in jail. That kept Flit from becoming like the Vagans who are actually committing genocide by gunning down civilians and colonies.

And another thing is is that he's no longer part of the military so where exactly is he going to get the resources to construct some death ray? He's not the professor (futurama) you know. Hell he's not even on their good side given the fact that the was literally for 50 years begging them to use the AGE system to its full extent to build better weapons to combat the Vagans. The Federation even after the purge looks down on the guy.

I can see a conflict where he may refrain Kio from being more helpful to the Vagans and that's probably where the "understanding" will come from. The Show's theme is about "three destinies coming together" and the AGE gundam is suppose to be a "saviour" so it'd fit in if it somehow ended up saving not just the Earth but Mars as well.

My only concern though is if Kio starts adopting a no-kill policy...god I hate those.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 01:17   Link #2065
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

dude, you keep going on about vagan committing genocide, but Flit himself acknowledged that they could have destroyed that first colony he was living in in episode 1 by going for the energy reactors, but instead opted to let it collapse slowly so as to give them a chance to save the civilians. If they were simply after killing al the "earthers" they would not have down that...
Old 2012-06-08, 01:29   Link #2066
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Plus people seem to forget that he's the protagonist and not an "anti-hero"
Your point aside, a protagonist can be an anti-hero. A protagonist can even be a villain.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 02:07   Link #2067
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
dude, you keep going on about vagan committing genocide, but Flit himself acknowledged that they could have destroyed that first colony he was living in in episode 1 by going for the energy reactors, but instead opted to let it collapse slowly so as to give them a chance to save the civilians. If they were simply after killing al the "earthers" they would not have down that...
They definitely have an ulterior motive but it doesn't change that they still go after civilians directly. Their suits were seen to attack the civilians directly in Olivernotes while they were trying to burn the whole place down. The reasons for the delay themselves may not necessarily be related to humane reasons.
Old 2012-06-08, 06:14   Link #2068
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
UNDERSTANDING ENDING CONFIRMED!! AGE CONFIRMED FOR TRAINWRECK!!!
It's a Gundam show aimed at kids, and you're surpised that they're going for "understanding"? Me, I'd have preferred something different, but that isn't to be.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 07:34   Link #2069
RX93-2
White Unicorn

I don't see how a "Vagans have a reason to want to return to earth, but awful awful execution led by a corrupt leader out for his own means" ending is bad, Understanding doesn't mean they sign a treaty and everything is flowers and sunshine.
It could very well be a complete beatdown of the vagan forces, and rehabilitating the vagan citizens into society because they did nothing wrong.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 10:06   Link #2070
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Clearer pic of the AGE-FX
Old 2012-06-08, 10:24   Link #2071
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post

So clear. Back to non-transformable gundams? I hope who ever pilots this suit will use those GN bits for non-dialogue purposes.
Old 2012-06-08, 10:26   Link #2072
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Not exactly: The FX has a Core Fighter, It's most likely echoing the Crossbone's core fighter.
Old 2012-06-08, 12:03   Link #2073
solidvanz
Special Operative

Old 2012-06-08, 14:56   Link #2074
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Your point aside, a protagonist can be an anti-hero. A protagonist can even be a villain.
Except that Flit was never established as an anti-hero in the first place and so far the show hasn't exactly put him down that dark path. That gun scene would've sealed it for him.

You could say Shinn from Destiny became some what of a villain but he was more of a lapdog for an even bigger one and wasn't even the main protagonist anymore.

Quote:
So you admit that even Flit notices something is off in their operations and isn't exactly the "all vagans must die" obssession and blinded by hatred. He's level headed enough to see through everything.

And for the record as others have noted just because they have ulterior motives doesn't make it more humane. Granted they could've prevented Flit from making a stronger Gundam had Decil destroyed the flagship or the Gundam when it ran out of power but he didn't.

On that end even if Ezcelant is testing and leaving a "door" open for the Federation to crawl out of in a jam it doesn't excuse them for gunning down civilians and bombing cities.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 17:20   Link #2075
Sinzz
Orange

I still think the FX gundam is based off of Victory/V-2 Gundam, especially the way the core fighter fits into the gundam, the gundam is mostly blue and white, and those "wings of light."

...Then again, Hi-Nu is also mainly blue and white, and has funnels.

Last edited by Sinzz; 2012-06-08 at 17:32.
Sinzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 17:28   Link #2076
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

70 year old Flit is not the same as 50 year old Flit at the height of his power. He seems to have mellowed out a bit, perhaps due to being around Kio all those years.
Old 2012-06-08, 17:51   Link #2077
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Except that Flit was never established as an anti-hero in the first place
I did not say he was.
Quote:
You could say Shinn from Destiny became some what of a villain but he was more of a lapdog for an even bigger one and wasn't even the main protagonist anymore.
You can argue whether or not Shinn was no longer the protagonist by the end of the show, I personally think he still was, but he was anything but a villain at any point in the show.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 18:16   Link #2078
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post

Notice that they actually call those remote weapons "funnels"

not Dragoons/Fangs/insert name
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 19:52   Link #2079
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I wonder if the AGE-FX's design is similar to the 00 Qanta on purpose. Because the 00Q didn't get much screen time, but we all thought it was going to be in the whole movie, and were pretty disappointed when it wasn't. I wonder if this Gundam is meant to make up for that (kinda).

Like, Kanetake Ebikawa just said "Damn it, I won't my good stuff to actually have screen time!"
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 20:14   Link #2080
Dr. Casey

Quote:
70 year old Flit is not the same as 50 year old Flit at the height of his power. He seems to have mellowed out a bit, perhaps due to being around Kio all those years.
? He's 64 during Kio's arc and 40 during Asemu's (39 at the start and 41 at the end). Why do you age him so much. Interesting post though.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote