AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-22, 09:14   Link #241
Midonin
Last Engage

The idea that a guy has to be willing to beat someone else up to be declared "normal" rings kind of weird.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 09:19   Link #242
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The idea that a guy has to be willing to beat someone else up to be declared "normal" rings kind of weird.
Ahhhhhh... Let me explain I was holding him to the standard of Anime Male Protagonists. Back in the old days, to do something like that is enough to warrant a small GAR status; but these days, every Tom, Dick and Shinji has at least 2 or 3 heroic moments, so to do something brave for a girl is no longer a special point- It's the norm.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 09:28   Link #243
Midonin
Last Engage

I can work with that interpretation.
Old 2011-07-22, 09:30   Link #244
tsunade666

Episode 03 of Mayo Chiki. The mighty researcher Kihara Amata turn into a butler.... kuso gaki!

Doting idiot parent indeed
Old 2011-07-22, 09:31   Link #245
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
lol, Fujiwara Keiji is sooooo Ali al-Saachez here.
...>.>

Spoiler:

If you ask me, he's enjoying this role just a tad bit too much...
Old 2011-07-22, 11:26   Link #246
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

A rather decent episode, some backstory explained here. Wonder why only Suzutsuki's eyes are red though.

Anyway the show seems rather light and heartwarming at the same time, a good way to pass time indeed.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 12:29   Link #247
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...>.>

Spoiler:

Well he is beating the ever-loving peices of the person he hates so I can understand that part.

Pretty predictable episode, but does gives a nice backstory to it.
Old 2011-07-22, 12:30   Link #248
HandofFate

I liked when he punched the girl butler in the stomach to knock her out and 'protect' her.

manliest thing ever.
Old 2011-07-22, 13:13   Link #249
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I liked when he punched the girl butler in the stomach to knock her out and 'protect' her.

manliest thing ever.
I liked that too.

But it's not like he'd just let her stumble over to a knife fight she clearly was going to lose, which there was no stopping her butler loyalty Though a judo chop to the neck would have been less painful, but instant, I guess he wanted her to be conscious long enough so he can give her the last rites.

Now why didn't Jirou dress up with more upper body clothing, going into a fist fight bare-chested with just swimming trunks isn't going to soften the blows Although I wish combatants would follow the hidden rule of not hitting a guy with glasses
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 13:50   Link #250
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...>.>

Spoiler:

Yeah, Kihara too >.>
Old 2011-07-22, 16:09   Link #251
Jenesay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
He fought Subaru to a draw in the first episode.
Not at all, if I remember correctly, he defended himself, tried to run away and ended up getting knocked out by a fire extinguisher. If you can that as a draw, then sure.
Jenesay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 16:12   Link #252
Midonin
Last Engage

Considering Subaru ended up strapped to a hospital bed alongside him, and Kinjiro held his own until the end, it's not really a win or a loss for either of them. "Draw" does seem to be the best choice of word.
Old 2011-07-22, 17:05   Link #253
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

But it's not like he'd just let her stumble over to a knife fight she clearly was going to lose, which there was no stopping her butler loyalty Though a judo chop to the neck would have been less painful, but instant, I guess he wanted her to be conscious long enough so he can give her the last rites.
That's abit dangerous if you don't know what you're doing right?

Worst case scenario, paralysis- a gut punch is simpler and less likely to go wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Now why didn't Jirou dress up with more upper body clothing, going into a fist fight bare-chested with just swimming trunks isn't going to soften the blows Although I wish combatants would follow the hidden rule of not hitting a guy with glasses
I was thinking the same thing! How much time would it take to put on some proper clothes! I know there's a sense of urgency here but come on!
Old 2011-07-22, 17:28   Link #254
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow Suzutsuki and Subaru's father planned it all. Nice help from Jiro for her to overcome her fear. Suzutsuki in that swimsuit was a nice treat. At least Kureha is getting close to Subaru.
Old 2011-07-22, 17:42   Link #255
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

That should conclude to the fans that Suzutsuki has plenty of screentime this time to satisfy their needs Even throwing in a swimsuit was a bonus.
Old 2011-07-22, 18:10   Link #256
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
-The girl drowning was... forced. In the first place, where are the damn lifeguards? Unless Japan doesn't have lifeguards or anyone looking out in the pools.
And despite being able to handle Ojou's touching without fainting while they played, he suddenly gets dizzy when she touched this girl?
My understanding is that the girl "drowning" was a decoy to get Jirou and Subaru distracted so the "kidnapping" could take place. Hence the lifeguards and such were paid to be "away".
Old 2011-07-22, 18:35   Link #257
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I might be thinking too much here, but I just thought about something; Konoe said she had a fight with her dad when she told him about Jirou knocking her down and groping her breast, in which he replied something to the effect of 'I'll kill that bastard!!!'. My question is, how exactly does a fight start from something like that? If it was about being caught off-guard, then that would make sense. However, the way she explained it made it seem like she didn't like the fact that her dad was going to kill Jirou for groping her breast, even though she, herself was rather insistent on killing him when he initially did it.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 18:41   Link #258
tsunade666

She did tried to kill Jirou before but that's before he become her friend so I think her father's reaction is normal if she react the same. Remember at the end of the episode 03 she is worried to loose Jirou which is her first friend at school.
Old 2011-07-22, 18:50   Link #259
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I might be thinking too much here, but I just thought about something; Konoe said she had a fight with her dad when she told him about Jirou knocking her down and groping her breast, in which he replied something to the effect of 'I'll kill that bastard!!!'.

My question is, how exactly does a fight start from something like that? If it was about being caught off-guard, then that would make sense. However, the way she explained it made it seem like she didn't like the fact that her dad was going to kill Jirou for groping her breast, even though she, herself was rather insistent on killing him when he initially did it.

Two things; one- we don't know the extend of the 'fight', it could be as simple as just "Hmph! I'm not talking to you!".

Secondly, it's called character development- that Subaru before is not the same Subaru two episodes later when she became friends with Jirou.
Old 2011-07-22, 19:11   Link #260
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
At first I thought Suzutsuki was voiced by someone I know of such roles befitting her.

But then after looking at the cast list... I think I can see... uh, things.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, gender bender, harem, light novel adaptation, reverse trap, romance, shounen