AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-10, 20:01   Link #1321
Biohazardous

Lol nice that hair is what makes it nice. Rather see her mental model though. Oooo she could be a starfish then Iona can carry her around and poke n squeeze her lol.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 20:29   Link #1322
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim yy View Post
why did Takao say: I don't really have a place there after she formally joined Blue Steel?
I don't see in the spoilers for the last episode mentioning an American Fleet (help Japanese speakers?)

+Fog girls shouldn't Kwai..only Maya Kwais
Maya: gwaahh...don't make Maya Kwai...
Although I don't speak Japanese, I can read your mind.
You visited Chinese forum, and they were telling you there was a bigger boss than Kongou's Fog FarEast(Japan) Fleet. Even 5 mental models are onboard, this fleet easily blow the team away. Kongou is upset as a motorcycle gang. So, you are certain they are BS you, because Fog Pacific Fleet is not in the manga. Yes, there's no American Fleet in the anime and manga.

I heard Maya is just fake. Got to catch up the episode.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 20:42   Link #1323
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I like the song used in Takao's sacrifice.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 20:44   Link #1324
GundamZZ
残念美人

Takao can be the delta core. They didn't limit the number of cores for one battle station. The possibility is more distributed computation power is merrier.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 20:59   Link #1325
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

I haven't read the part about people mentioning a even bigger boss than Kongo will appear in the last episode, I think most people are just joking about Takao on the Chinese forum and busy crying a funeral for her.

Quote:
a bigger boss than Kongou's Fog FarEast(Japan) Fleet. Even 5 mental models are onboard, this fleet easily blow the team away.
None of the translation for the spoiler are serious so far, I read one had like the opposite meaning, sounded like Kongo had the ability to blow the North American Pacific Fleet away and clear a path for Gunzo...

Anyway, whatever...I'm just going to wait it out
Tim yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 23:08   Link #1326
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Oh my I didnt see Takao doing that
Old 2013-12-11, 01:08   Link #1327
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Just caught up with the last two episodes of Arpeggio and... All I can say is

Spoiler for Ep 10 spoilers:
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 03:33   Link #1328
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I'm not sure her mental model is gone too - if it is there is a HUGE plothole in form of the lifeboats she built

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 09:01   Link #1329
Seiryuu

As I get it, a ship cannot die unless the core itself is destroyed. However, for it to perform as anything more than a processor backup it needs nanomaterial to manipulate; without a supply of nanomaterial a stripped ship has no way to interact directly with others or fight. Thus,
Spoiler:
One other thing that makes me sad is
Spoiler:
In any case, the concept of a five-model supership is now definitely a possibility for the last boss. We now know that ships can literally fuse and possibly transform with that fusion, and we have five ships chasing Iona; the concept of the ships fusing, maybe to overcome fatal damage, is definitely not out of the question. That said though, we also have five cores on the other side, leading to a fairly obvious countermeasure. Still the idea's a little weak. In many situations, five ships moving independently would be far more effective than one extremely powerful juggernaut of a ship.
One other thing. The hypothermia medical guide was quite amusing. "EMBRACING EACH OTHER WARM NAKED RECOMMENDED" indeed. And the girl's processors must be failing if she doesn't realize that if she can simulate metabolic heat production from her body, she should be able to produce the same heat from the clothes made from her body.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 09:11   Link #1330
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
As I get it, a ship cannot die unless the core itself is destroyed. However, for it to perform as anything more than a processor backup it needs nanomaterial to manipulate; without a supply of nanomaterial a stripped ship has no way to interact directly with others or fight. Thus,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
In any case, the concept of a five-model supership is now definitely a possibility for the last boss. We now know that ships can literally fuse and possibly transform with that fusion, and we have five ships chasing Iona; the concept of the ships fusing, maybe to overcome fatal damage, is definitely not out of the question. That said though, we also have five cores on the other side, leading to a fairly obvious countermeasure. Still the idea's a little weak. In many situations, five ships moving independently would be far more effective than one extremely powerful juggernaut of a ship.
One other thing. The hypothermia medical guide was quite amusing. "EMBRACING EACH OTHER WARM NAKED RECOMMENDED" indeed. And the girl's processors must be failing if she doesn't realize that if she can simulate metabolic heat production from her body, she should be able to produce the same heat from the clothes made from her body.
If it was Takao, we already know what would've happened
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 10:21   Link #1331
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
And the girl's processors must be failing if she doesn't realize that if she can simulate metabolic heat production from her body, she should be able to produce the same heat from the clothes made from her body.
Isn't the idea is to not waste Iona's energy to heat anything? Thus, even if Iona's able to produce the same heat from her clothes, Gunzou wouldn't permit it anyway coz it's still consuming her energy.
Old 2013-12-11, 10:29   Link #1332
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The overreaction over Takao's death was intended as a joke. That said, I honestly thought Iona was going to cuddle with Gunzou there to keep him alive.

As for Takao, I wouldn't be surprised if they get a hold of more nanomaterials at the end (even if in an epilogue after the war) and bring her back to life, even if they have to fish her core out of the bottom of the ocean.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 11:53   Link #1333
lesterf1020

I have a few questions because there are a few things I don't quite understand.

1. Why was Takao's sacrifice necessary? I understand not going into submarine mode when the situation was unclear but when Gunzou was found why not rescue them in battleship mode by submerging and launching a rescue that way instead of setting everyone adrift in life boats and donating all of her nanomaterials to Iona? While epically romantic didn't that make them more vulnerable?

2. Maya. i thought it was established that mental models were processor heavy and thus only certain ships can have one and only really large ships can have more than one. So where did the processing power for Maya come from along with her vessel?

3. If the 400 series can lock down the functions of a fog ship and do so when they believe a ship has deviated from the FOG then why were Takao and Hyuuga allowed to roam free? Shouldn't the 400 series have at least locked down Takao?

4. If Maya really was nothing but an Ai routine to observe Kongou then since she has been with Kongou since before any encounters with Gunzou, does that mean that the 400 series believed something was wrong with Kongou before the series even started, something so serious that it required these extraordinary measures?
Old 2013-12-11, 12:27   Link #1334
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

No Takao! T_T Your sacrifice was not in vain! Heavy Cruiser submarine will live one with you.

Ok, so Maya wasn't real mental model but some fake AI? I find this redundant since Mental models are technically AIs.
Old 2013-12-11, 13:24   Link #1335
Tranhieu

Wait, did Iona just grow a chimney?

Seriously, they just had to find an excuse to make this episode as dramatic as possible, but surprisingly the whole sacrifice thing was executed very well and I really enjoyed it! Expect to see Takao's core speaking up next week

Also, kudos to the studio for paying so much attention to details. I had a nice surprise seeing Gunzou's breath start turning to fog, but the later scenes where Iona brought out a shiny/metal plated blanket to wrap around Gunzou completely left me in awe! Not sure if they really use that type of blanket on submarines, but that's a correct way to reduce radiation that initiates heat transfer. Iona really knows her stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesterf1020 View Post
I have a few questions because there are a few things I don't quite understand.

1. Why was Takao's sacrifice necessary? I understand not going into submarine mode when the situation was unclear but when Gunzou was found why not rescue them in battleship mode by submerging and launching a rescue that way instead of setting everyone adrift in life boats and donating all of her nanomaterials to Iona? While epically romantic didn't that make them more vulnerable?
Mainly because a heavy cruiser will be more vulnerable underwater, especially when they know I400 and I402 are still lurking in the surrounding water. And I'm not sure if it has been mentioned anywhere in the anime but
Spoiler for I submarines:
It's a better idea to just bring the whole mass of nanomaterial down to repair Iona on spot.

Quote:
2. Maya. i thought it was established that mental models were processor heavy and thus only certain ships can have one and only really large ships can have more than one. So where did the processing power for Maya come from along with her vessel?
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Maya's mental model is just a drone created under the order of I-400 and I-402 to keep a tab on Kongou. It's obvious Maya's core doesn't need to spare much processing power for the (mental) model since there's no emotion plugin added.

Quote:
3. If the 400 series can lock down the functions of a fog ship and do so when they believe a ship has deviated from the FOG then why were Takao and Hyuuga allowed to roam free? Shouldn't the 400 series have at least locked down Takao?
It's not the whole fog fleet that they have the access to the core functions. Iona was partly disabled because the whole I-40X lineup is built with exactly the same specs. Only the supreme battle ship has access to all of the lesser ships (and subs).

Quote:
4. If Maya really was nothing but an Ai routine to observe Kongou then since she has been with Kongou since before any encounters with Gunzou, does that mean that the 400 series believed something was wrong with Kongou before the series even started, something so serious that it required these extraordinary measures?
That's left for the studio to reveal in the last episode (if they ever decide to). I was also very surprised to see I-400 and I-402 having so much authority, even beyond that of Kongou, who's supposed to be the flagship of the 1st (or 2nd?) fleet. This setup is a bit far-fetched, seeing how contrived the original story has been written so far.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 13:52   Link #1336
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Isn't the idea is to not waste Iona's energy to heat anything? Thus, even if Iona's able to produce the same heat from her clothes, Gunzou wouldn't permit it anyway coz it's still consuming her energy.
That's why I said IONA was losing processing power. Her hesitation certainly appeared to be partly built on embarrassment, which would be typical for anime: the guy assumes hesitation on account of energy costs, while the girl really hesitates because of the nudity (we already know these girls can get embarrassed when exposed thanks to HaruHaru). Given the "embrace warm naked" line it seems safe to bet that she was thinking about that.

Also, concerning why Takao had to sacrifice herself, I believe Iona had been all but out of energy, severely lacking in nanomaterials due to damage and the need to purge all areas that'd been overridden, and ultimately had used the last of her own energies and materials to protect Gunzou and keep him alive, thus the reason she'd been diminished to a mere core: she used up her body and had nothing left. On top of that, one may notice that Gunzou was, if alive, only barely so. It's highly doubtful that Takao would have the time to go back and take the whole ship down, pick them up and return before brain death occured. The very fact that Iona had exhausted her power showed just how desperate his situation was even without direct inspection. On top of that, while billions of separate particles moving rapidly may not be detected, 400 and 402 would certainly have noticed an intact heavy battleship descending. If you add in any measures she might take to try and avoid detection, it probably took a matter of nanoseconds for Takao to determine that the only unit capable of saving Gunzou with any level of certainty was Iona.

As for the massive authority given 400 and 402, I suspect that it was similar to one of those directives that transfer authority from one individual to another when an individual is deemed unfit to lead. Once Kongo's authority was transferred, so were the authority to place locks and restrictions on the other cruisers.

Last edited by Seiryuu; 2013-12-11 at 14:15.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 15:29   Link #1337
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Why didn't 400 and 402 just spend 2 more torpedoes and destroy 401 completely? Are they not smart enough to calculate there a chance of rescue when Takao is coming fast towards the rendezvous point? What a waste of effort they spent monitoring Kongo and let the big fish escape.
Still, the concept of a 5-cored submarine-battleship is scary as hell in Arpeggio terms. 1 core for primary weaponry (Kirishima), 1 core for defence (Haruna), 1 core for ship integrity (Takao), 1 core for sensory and dectection (Iona), they will even have 1 spare core to hack other ships (Hyuuga). Oh...and the human crew, they can just sit back and watch a movie or something.
Tim yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 17:26   Link #1338
Tenzen12

They can watch Hisonic Miku-chan, I am sure Kyouhei have full set.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 17:59   Link #1339
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Why didn't 400 and 402 just spend 2 more torpedoes and destroy 401 completely? Are they not smart enough to calculate there a chance of rescue when Takao is coming fast towards the rendezvous point? What a waste of effort they spent monitoring Kongo and let the big fish escape.
You or I or another human would think nothing of spending a little extra ammunition just to make sure. 400 and 402 are essentially computers. When they had correctly assessed that 401 could not possibly recover from the damage it suffered, they left. I don't think they realized that Takao would sacrifice herself to resurrect 401.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 20:55   Link #1340
Anime Online

Quote:

It's the same way the bad guys always assume the good guy is dead when the good guy jumped off a cliff and into the water. The audience is conditioned to "dramatic (fake) death scene". I'll be surprised if one day the good guy actually died after escaping from the bad guys in some dramatic fashion.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, alternate history, battleships, cgi, military science fiction