Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2020-10-27, 09:44   Link #10501
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Or just do central managment, that's how current world jobs work. It makes no sense for a janitor to make as much as 1st rate chirurg or scientist. Have a leader who collects and distributes the money (pre-negotiated) so that no-one knows exactly how much each one gets if you want to avoid envy.
This works in huge organizations where people do wildly disparate jobs. In a party with less than 10 people where people are basically shouldering the same risk to their lives, even split makes sense.

Quote:
I am not speaking about the bonkers ones, but about the decently strong ones, that's why I said D/C ranker in strength, that's not the level where they will be saught after, but more than average advetrurers.

My point is, you get a perfectly decent fighter and tell him to go clean severs for at least a weak before he can go hunt (slimes, even though he can take an ogre by himself, but rank...)? I could kinda get to push him into getting some experience first, but it seriously should be related to the fighting (like make him a helper for an old party).
Have you ever seen a scenario where they make a person with provable experience do this? It's usually either rank amateurs or the MC who has powers with no experience (that he usually tries to hide to avoid making a scene) or some reincarnate with experience he can't explain (that he usually tries to hide to avoid making a scene).

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-28, 18:37   Link #10502
DBAV

I'm in the mood for revenge novels, Is there a single one out there without cartoonishly evil guys or a repenting MC? Soul eater went the right way with the MC regulating his urges but it's just one and too slow to satisfy me right now.
DBAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 04:06   Link #10503
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
I'm only a shrimp now
lol what happened when i was gone

I think Dungeon rest stop abuse that mechanic to level up

Though TBH, I think leveling is what breaking Isekai, even more so than status, you can let status just fine, just make it training and hard work is what rise the quantifying numbers then it's not so bad. But leveling literally break every meaning in learning how to fight, tactics in fighting and the importance of training
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 05:34   Link #10504
Rasty

^^^ Been long since I last read adventurer novel, but from the famous ones FE Overlord. A guy in ridiculously pricey full-plate marches in with high-level mage in tow and then can't accept simple extermination quest because of rank.

^ Agreed, or at least partially. You can do a good system if the leveling difficulty is exponential (meaning that later on being able to use 1% more of your potential is much easier than getting 1 level) or if the user has to get used to the higher stats (only higher physical stats, not how to use them).
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 06:38   Link #10505
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^
^
It's also okay when only the MC has the system
Well, the endgame is Godly MC which is so boring tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
lol what happened when i was gone
Though I sometimes watched v-tubers, I never fell in the hole

But Gawr Gura did it

Now I'm a shrimp
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-31, 14:21   Link #10506
charasu
DigiDestinied

ummmuu

banished from imperial court/ fired from job(non adv) then zamaa happen.
after hero's/high rank party, osananajimi, now this......
kinda miss battle school haram. :v

============

i really never understand about v-tuber, what make them booming
Old 2020-11-01, 06:46   Link #10507
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^
Battle School Haram can't escape from the template
Eventually all of them will feel the same

Regarding v-tubers, there's a thread here
V-Tubers

It's like Pewdiepie but cute anime girls I guess
I like their songs but can't stand watching their other contents for a long period of time
Except Gawr Gura
Old 2020-11-01, 07:32   Link #10508
Rasty

^ Battle school harem has always false harem though as all of the characters are usually under 18.

I never got even into the normal YouTuber culture, and Facebook, Twitter, etc... I feel old even though I work in tech and am most likely younger than a good part of the YouTubers. I can get why you would like Gawr Gura, the visuals are simplistic but super cute (especially the teeth when they show) and her natural laughter is even cuter. Btw. is she partially (or fully) Japanese? Her JP pronunciation is good which I have almost never seen in the ENG YouTuber community.

Last edited by Rasty; 2020-11-01 at 08:21.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-01, 09:29   Link #10509
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Yea, battle school harem is not real harem, just cheat bastard showing off and popular with heroines
It will always be template coz it will try to preserve :
-School Life to be kept on going even if the world is literally about to end
-No relationship coz 90% of the characters would be eliminated

Probably not Japanese
She can't read kanji (or she pretend she can't idk)
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-11-02, 02:17   Link #10510
charasu
DigiDestinied

oof, based from ^thread, looks like another swamp that will snare you to sink more deep down.
Old 2020-11-03, 07:12   Link #10511
dragon1412

battle school harem is generally a bad idea, rather than trope, I'd say the main problem is that it too restrictive toward MC, since MC is essentially locked into school ground or vicinity with fixed schedule. And that you have to make many arc involved it. It is ok sometimes with good writing with series like Basileus, but in general, the restrictive nature is still present. And MC status as students is locking down MC options even more. Even if MC is OP, such as Godsuya, we still have the situation surround school only and the entire support cast is consist of mostly students and teacher can make it stale even with good writing.

If you have to use school trope, I'd say it better to make MC an adventurers who got a job to protect the schools for a period and known the students that way, much better and much less stale, since MC circle now also consist of fellow adventurers taking same jobs, students, teachers, people in the town, .... Not just fellow students and teacher. And MC have much greater degree of freedom in story, such as no class time, no involvement in activities, the author can easily choose whether to involved MC in it or not. Removing the effectively the biggest weak points of school trope that is repetitive schedule of students.

well as for vtubers, not much surprising since that is a very famous rabbit hole that many happily falling down toward
Old 2020-11-04, 02:53   Link #10512
sasuke706

Sometimes you just come across some bizarre fucking logic and reasoning in a novel and it tries to play it seriously.
Spoiler for :
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-04, 04:35   Link #10513
dragon1412

^It's a lot more common than i'd like to admit it as well, i remember reading a chapter of Kingdom about Sei and Ryoufui about the money and peace discussion, and most people agree that the reasoning of both side was kinda idiotic. And not mention the chapter of Riboku talking about Houken which is just painful to read.

There are also many of these in novels as well, I remember a good number of some wise old characters using what if question for the bizzare logic of testing MC or other characters. I mean, it's one thing when MC asking himself what if I didn't do that that day, but when some other characters do it to MC despite do not do anything themselves about said situation when MC do it, it really just sounded petty.
Old 2020-11-07, 10:41   Link #10514
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Here's something funny

In many stories, there are many adventurers with magician look, robe+pointy hat and stuffs
But, in most of them, clothes don't actually have stat boosts feature
Rings and accessories, yes, but not robe and hat, that's just in games
So this is weird lol~
Old 2020-11-07, 14:14   Link #10515
DBAV

There are a few novels bad and mediocre about net-shopping cheat, but I wonder if there are some where the MC is not buying Earth products but the Isekai ones or other kind of products, I feel those novels have potential but using only Earth products to make money is boring.
DBAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 01:47   Link #10516
charasu
DigiDestinied

i can still accept if they want to reproduce earth product with trial and error.
but if it instant finished earth product. meh.
Old 2020-11-08, 11:51   Link #10517
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Here's something funny

In many stories, there are many adventurers with magician look, robe+pointy hat and stuffs
But, in most of them, clothes don't actually have stat boosts feature
Rings and accessories, yes, but not robe and hat, that's just in games
So this is weird lol~
nah, not really, I mean, look at our world, looking at white collar worker, full suits, suits and more suits, in the middle of summer to boot, does it actually have built in cooling feature and no hat despite the blinding sun??? nah, Even the CEO or the director clad themselves in suit, full set, sorry but this is one that actually our world is weirder I mean, At least the wizard robe and the hat actually seem to be comfortable and capable of covering sun light.
Old 2020-11-08, 11:59   Link #10518
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Wait, wait

But it's like telling the enemies
"Hey, I'm the mage in this party, please target me first"

The suits in irl is company regulation
Adventurers have none of that
Magic School maybe
Old 2020-11-08, 14:54   Link #10519
Tenzen12

Well, magicians are usualy much rarer and more valuable then fighters. Pretty sure it comes with lot of benefits being aknowledged as mage. I am more surprised I didn't see any story with imposters.
Old 2020-11-09, 02:19   Link #10520
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Can wear some leather armor under that robe, I guess

Tags
web novel