AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-17, 03:48   Link #1521
questmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Spoiler:
ok, yea i was thinking along the lines of that which made me feel like he didn't really accomplish enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Spoiler for Terra:
ok ^that makes alot more sense, i didn't think of that at all...

Spoiler for terra:

well, that definitely cleared some things up
thanks for the quick reply
questmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 06:48   Link #1522
Kirayuki

Almost done with Harvest Festa, only have Lucia and Rewrite quest left.

Excluding Lucia, my favorite routes in order are :
Akane > Kotori > Shizuru > Chihaya & Kagari

Now, I have a question to those who have finished HF Kagari
Spoiler for HF Kagari:
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 17:44   Link #1523
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

"I love all boobs, including almost-but-not-quite-flat ones!"
And this was the moment I died...
Oh right, Moon and Terra!

Not much to say really, I just really loved both.

Spoiler for Moon:

Spoiler for Terra:

Oh and just a quick question, is HF just a series of After-stories and Side-stories for each independent route or what?

PS: Notice how in the ending movie/credits when they were showing all the heroine route's FINAL CGs the only one that wasn't a FINAL CG was Shizuru's...yea! Even the makers knew how bullshit that ending was and decided to change at least that to what it should have been...Kotarou and Shizuru together cooking saury! Tonokawa is dead to me! DEAD!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 18:02   Link #1524
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Oh and just a quick question, is HF just a series of After-stories and Side-stories for each independent route or what?
A mix of After stories, side-stories, and what-if scenario.

As of which one is what, read below if you don't mind a little bit of spoiler...
Spoiler for HF:
Old 2013-02-17, 20:28   Link #1525
Tenoia
Leaps and Bounds Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by questmas View Post

Spoiler for good memory:
Well, more specifically, she
Spoiler for :O:

I loved the Oppai Ending and all, save for one thing. And that's the issue of
Spoiler for WHY?!:
Tenoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 21:10   Link #1526
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenoia View Post

Spoiler for WHY?!:
Spoiler for Oppai:
Old 2013-02-17, 23:00   Link #1527
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Spoiler for WHY?!:
Spoiler for Oppai:
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 23:12   Link #1528
Kirayuki

In before everyone's favorite (including the writers....)
Old 2013-02-17, 23:32   Link #1529
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh yea, I forgot my rankings (because everyone totally cares about this...shut up);
Spoiler for All routes:
Old 2013-02-18, 00:25   Link #1530
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Why does nobody like poor Kagari?
Old 2013-02-18, 00:33   Link #1531
Kirayuki

Freaking Homo Sapiens do not deserve to love Kagari-chan (well, except Kotarou)...

On serious note, even Chihaya is given more care than her. So, hard to care for her in retrospect (at least for me)

And no, her HF route doesn't even help.
Old 2013-02-18, 00:42   Link #1532
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
On serious note, even Chihaya is given more care than her.
Well, the whole reason I like her so much is that she gets so little attention given how hilarious she is... sort of the dark horse thing, you know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
And no, her HF route doesn't even help.
Yeah, I heard it's... not particularly Kagari-centric. That's disappointing.
I still want that Creamy Kagarin spinoff.
Old 2013-02-18, 01:11   Link #1533
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
Spoiler for WHY?!:
Nothing more to say
Spoiler:
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 07:26   Link #1534
Kirayuki

Quote:
Well, the whole reason I like her so much is that she gets so little attention given how hilarious she is... sort of the dark horse thing, you know?

Yeah, I heard it's... not particularly Kagari-centric. That's disappointing.
I still want that Creamy Kagarin spinoff.
For a supposed main girl, they doesn't give her enough screen time or main spotlight (which is what most Key games about). I can see now why some people say this is so un-Key game from a Key

And the problem I have with her HF is not about her route not being Kagari-centric, Shizuru and Chihaya's HF show that they can do fine even without being heroine-centric (to an extent Akane too). I just feel the narrative in her HF is a bit boring for something written by Romeo, somehow I feel like Romeo ran out ideas for her HF and decided to gave her a reason wear school uniform .

Quote:
Spoiler for WHY?!:
Quote:
Spoiler for Oppai:
Conspiracy....

Wait no, Akane is everyone's favorite including the writers...so maybe that ? (not even mentioning being voiced by KitaEri...)
Old 2013-02-18, 07:28   Link #1535
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Why does nobody like poor Kagari?
Spoiler for Terra:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
Nothing more to say
Spoiler:
Is this HF!? Oh my me...now I really want to play it
Old 2013-02-18, 09:22   Link #1536
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

So I was busy admiring Rewrites OST and decided to check if there was any activity in this thread, and WOW! It's blown up! I am really surprised at how much Terra and Akane's routes are so well liked. Looking back obviously my Japanese wasn't up to par in order to enjoy those routes in a timely matter to make it fun, since so many of you liked it. They use way too many terms that I'm not used to, so many of these terms don't usually show up in your regular moe ren-ai VNs :P.

The reception seems decent but not all that encouraging? As for myself, I can say that I was in a similar place before, but now that it's been almost two years, I must say I have a really great appreciation for this VN, I think it's a masterpiece now, even if i didn't enjoy the latter routes as much as I should have, I had so much fun reading this VN, the thrills were so much more personable, I felt like I was in the middle of those scenes. I am probably reading the wrong VNs, but I barely ever see so much cuteness, so much action, so much mysteriousness and plot while being able to fight with a single bishoujo heroine at your side while getting to know her, it's truly a man's romance . The mix of genres in Rewrite was so original and created such a different feel than anything I've ever experienced, I wasn't so crazy about it before, but I have a serious hunger for more, I really fondly remember the good times of this VN. I really want more. I was bummed by HF, you guys that haven't read it, keep your expectations low... HF is more like that OVA at the end of a series that's just for fun. I still want a spin-off for Lucia or at least for Guardian .

I thought Lucia's VA was amazing, never was I completely melted by moe koe before. I wouldn't hesitate to instantly pre-order any VN that featured Risa Asaki as a main heroine. I can't believe you guys didn't all melt into unobstrusive puddles from that one scene. The transition from her regular voice to her dere voice is so dramatic, I loved it . Maybe she wasn't convincing later on but I think that has more to do with the plot... as you can tell I really don't want to go to the effort of having to put spoiler tags here, lol.

I think the tsundere label is used too much nowadays, if you're normally a nice person, but if someone plays a prank on you and you have a strong reaction then you're a tsundere character if you were to get moefied. I think tsundere should be reserved for characters who are always acting harsh not those who just act harsh due to being teased/pranked on.

Ehh, the anime, they should just animate it with the same sequence of events as if you went through a regular playthrough of the VN (Of course with only animating the common route once.). And let any studio but J.C. do it. I mean seriously, who bought the LB anime who wasn't an LB fan in the first place? I only imported the first volume because I loved the VN. If it weren't for the VN, I doubt that anime would even do 2k on it's own... therefore studios should just animate the VNs to appease the fans of the VN imo. They'd probably do a better job of making non VN fans happy too because it would end up being closer in enjoyment level to the original VN than some new fangled adaptation.

I am still surprised at the reactions, I had so much fun reading Chihaya's route and the latter half of Kotori's, Moon was very mysterious and I enjoyed that feeling but I thought it was not nearly as fun and enjoyable as the other routes... Akane and Terra felt so dragged out without ever getting to a point... I am really curious as to what emotions you guys felt during these routes. IIRC some parts were ironic, but I never felt that it was all that suspenseful or intriguing... I never felt any true excitement during those two latter routes I mentioned. Why did you guys love it so much? My apologies if you guys already said so before. I only skimmed the last 10 pages that had so many spoiler tags... Obviously I must be missing something seeing as how well Senri and Terra are liked.

Thinking about installing the patch and re-reading in my native language, reading in a foreign language is great as it prolongs great scenes that you wished may have lasted longer but on the flip side it also prolongs scenes that are already way too long to being dreadfully long. Man, I need more Rewrite and Luchi-chans koe.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 09:25   Link #1537
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Okay guys! Just finished Rewrite and I'm kinda struggling to come to peace with the ending.
Spoiler for Endgame spoilers:

Now, time for some questions. Who saw this coming?

Spoiler for More endgame spoilers~:

I'll be back with more questions as I think of them. I await people's replies.
Old 2013-02-18, 10:02   Link #1538
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
Okay guys! Just finished Rewrite and I'm kinda struggling to come to peace with the ending.

Now, time for some questions. Who saw this coming?

I'll be back with more questions as I think of them. I await people's replies.
Okay, let's see if I can help while in the meantime until someone better comes along to answer

Spoiler for Rewrite End Spoilers:
Mcfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 10:11   Link #1539
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Spoiler for Akane and Shizuru:

Also, another question.

Spoiler for Moon:
Old 2013-02-18, 10:15   Link #1540
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Akane and Terra felt so dragged out without ever getting to a point... I am really curious as to what emotions you guys felt during these routes. IIRC some parts were ironic, but I never felt that it was all that suspenseful or intriguing... I never felt any true excitement during those two latter routes I mentioned. Why did you guys love it so much? My apologies if you guys already said so before. I only skimmed the last 10 pages that had so many spoiler tags... Obviously I must be missing something seeing as how well Senri and Terra are liked.
Well personally I just liked Kotarou's version of those routes, he was so much more mature and cooler than in any other route where he's either a standard teenager or a generic shounen action hero.
His relationship with Akane (and the fact that I love Akane) helped a lot.
There's also awesome side-characters (Esaka, Shimako, Tsukuno, Luis, etc) and intriguing plots that kept me hooked.

Quote:
Spoiler for Terra:

Quote:
Spoiler for Moon/Terra:

Quote:
Spoiler for Terra:

Quote: