AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-25, 01:53   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Steins;Gate - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Steins;Gate. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
Old 2011-06-25, 11:16   Link #2
tomtkp

Actually I am glad that the anime uses the same voicing cast from the visual novel.Their voicing performance in both visual novel and anime versions is excellent and probably one of the reasons that makes Steins;Gate seemed very enjoyable.I personally like Miyano Mamoru,the voice actor of Okabe Rintarou (Okarin) the most.His voice fits Okarin's chunnibyou persona and is the cause that makes Okarin a likeable main character of the series.
Old 2011-06-25, 14:39   Link #3
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I noticed that Hanazawa Kana in the game hasn't yet formed the unique aura we get from her roles recently. In the game she sounds a lot more original and unlike her recent roles. That's why some people didn't immediately caught they're the same. Also, Mamoru in the game still sounds a bit more like Light (which is a good thing, considering his role ).
Old 2011-07-03, 10:25   Link #4
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I noticed that Hanazawa Kana in the game hasn't yet formed the unique aura we get from her roles recently. In the game she sounds a lot more original and unlike her recent roles. That's why some people didn't immediately caught they're the same. Also, Mamoru in the game still sounds a bit more like Light (which is a good thing, considering his role ).
episode 13(at the start) sounds like Setsuna F. Seiei.
Quote from Okarin:「跳べよおおおおおおおおおおお」
While Setsuna's quote is:..........(go figure i dun have japanese words...)
Old 2011-07-03, 10:33   Link #5
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

I am quite satisfied with the seiyuus in Steins;Gate. Not to mention Kana Hanazawa's. Tuturu

Regarding the game, I haven't have the chance to try it out. Still hoping there are translations and all.
Old 2011-07-30, 08:02   Link #6
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

and nobody remember Asami Imai aka Christina

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2011-08-03, 07:27   Link #7
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
and nobody remember Asami Imai aka Christina
Well can't be helped since she's not that famous and Hanazawa Kanna is just too red hot right now. But really it should be Imai Asami who gets the praise since her character has so much more depth compared to the mostly care free airheaded Mayuri we've had. The little moments of sadness Kurisu shows when she just got Okabe to call her by her proper name only to have to send him back are just so heart wrenching and emotional, absolutely brilliant delivery. Other times when she has to put on her scientist hat to lay out her smart side and smack down on Okabe's craziness she does so with complete authority, and I can't help but think that it took a lot of effort to deliver those lines laced with so much scientific jargon and making it sound convincing that it is presented by someone who actually understands the things being talked about. Finally when she let her guard down and gets dragged down to Okabe's level the bickering is always a riot, she and Miyano Mamoru just bounces the lines off each other so convincingly well.

Overall she's pulling off an awesome non-irritating and totally loveable tsundere here so well, now I'm waiting for the final dramatic parts of Kurisu's story to pile in.
Old 2012-05-31, 02:29   Link #8
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Nobody remembers?

Asami Imai as Makise Kurisu was freaking amazing- I LOVE her voice. Chihaya's was fantastic because it combined a couple of emotions mixed with some amazing singing, but Kurisu is noteworthy as well because she goes through a larger range of voices.

If she doesn't have much recognition, she NEEDS it. Yes, Hanazawa Kana is my favourite seiyuu ever, but damn, Asami-san and Miyano Mamoru stole this entire show. ohandfeyrisnyanandsuzuhatooshhhhh
Old 2012-05-31, 15:53   Link #9
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Mamoru was amazing - he has an excellent track record of playing male protagonists that steal the show