AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-11, 22:43   Link #1
pianocello

Psychic Academy

Anyone reading this? I just finished all 11 volumes and would love to hear other people's thoughts on the ending.
Old 2006-03-12, 00:01   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

Spoiler:
I liked PA, a shounen romance where the main character makes his choice pretty quickly and sticks to it. If the author had taken just 2 or 3 more volumes to wrap things up properly it would've been an awesome series.
Old 2006-04-07, 10:57   Link #3
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

I enjoyed this stor very much but yes it did end to soon....

its like "the end"...then...hu thats it? it cant just stop....hummmmmmm...btast it was so good to...........
Old 2006-04-21, 13:16   Link #4
mewslover

i love reading the books and the dvd could have been a little more funny lol but no mater what mew is sexy and no one can compare her to any girl in psychic academy
Old 2006-12-26, 23:44   Link #5
ivanstorm

Psychic academy

Has anyone else read psychic academy and loved it? Take a look Although this anime is a little pervy, its 9 out of 10. Tell me what you guys think about it.
Old 2006-12-27, 10:05   Link #6
retracnosna

I liked it too. Had no idea there was an anime

didn't care for the ending though. Still don't know exactly what happened.
Old 2007-01-23, 14:44   Link #7
wolf_demon_tsuki
hell's assassin

man this is a great series but the ending was sad and abrupt. i agree that it would have been better to extend the end i little.
Old 2007-01-23, 17:21   Link #8
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I thought it was pretty bad. Can't see whats good about it. :O Not to mention the ending left most people wtf. o_O The whole dream stuff was just bad. The art wasn't something to brag about either. The story didn't have anything ground breaking. Even if had a good ending it still would be pretty medicore.
Old 2008-03-10, 12:21   Link #9
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Psychic Academy

I've loved this series since it's scanlation run, but have always avoided buying it because TP aparently did a hatchet job on it. Last week one of the companies that sponsor me for reviews gave me all 11 volumes for free, and i finally started to read them. Just finished volume 8 and i have to say, this is the worst hatchet job i've ever seen on a manga, and the worst TP has ever releasd since their Mixx days.

Almost total script rewrites, forced and faked humor, and personality changes would have been bad enough. But how the hell did these get through quality checking. They frequently shift between Shiomi Ai and Ai Shiomi, they frequently flip between adding honorifics one minute, then dropping them the next.

And the language >.< i wonder who the hell they got to do the english script, i mean Nathan Jhonson (the guy behind the adaption) seems to be an arch english conservative on drugs. The amount of 'whoa sport'and 'hold it there skippy'and other cheesy and corny lines is rediculas.

I thought i'd seen the ltimate bad tansition with Flame of Recca, but this makes Recca look like a work of genius. I'm devestated by the fact that Tokyopop took one of my favorite manga, and butchered it beyond belief.

This has to be the worst Tokyopop or Mixx release EVER
Old 2008-03-11, 05:19   Link #10
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Don'ta forget, 'Whoa Nelly'!

The first few volumes were horrible in terms of translation/adaptation. I remember going back and reading a few scanlations and finding nearly a totally different script - I felt cheated.

...and don't get me started on that blotched anime job they did on it too. This story just got the short end of everything.
Old 2008-03-11, 06:27   Link #11
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Psychic academy was an okay anime, although i did find the character growth was quite generic in that he went from wimp to super awesome aura user... Reading Psychic academy i expected the main character to be some super special aura user and it really ended up that way..

The manga that i'm now reading MX0 is similar to Psychic academy except that the main character has to struggle for those growth in strength rather then having it inherently built in like the main character in psychic academy.
Old 2008-03-11, 08:54   Link #12
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

The anime wasn't really an anime, since it was streamed over the net, and only ran for like 5 minutes, but it was still pretty decent. In some ways better than others >.< There were supposedly going remake it as an actual TV seri9es, but nothing happened about it yet.

The translation was fine apparently, it was the guy that did the adaptation that screwed everything up, he bastardised everything. He made Buu a spaced out hippy, and turned Orina into a hooker >.<

And the final volumes *soabs* one of the worst rewrites i've ever seen, they ruined an excellent ending and turned it into something mundane and uninteresting "Where in the sam hill" and "tough luck buckaroo" (isn't that a game??) And they wonder why it's one of the lowest selling manga ever.

Edit: Just noticed one of the earlier posts said it was a shounen series, sorry bubba (sorry couldnt resist) but this is a seinen series through and through
Old 2008-03-12, 05:43   Link #13
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Despite everything, I was rooting for Myuu the entire way. Something about 'fire' always gets me.

I still don't understand what Shiomi truly was at the end (have several possibilities floating in my head but that's it).
Old 2008-03-12, 06:11   Link #14
ZODDGUTS

Pretty decent manga the ending was rather sad though.
Old 2008-03-12, 11:41   Link #15
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

My taake is that Shiomi is the most powerful aura user around, even as a kid he was stronger than Zero. But now he has Nyu inside of him aswell, he's waaaaay supped up.

I was really p'ed over how baddly TP ruined the ending
Old 2008-03-12, 11:51   Link #16
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i didn't think PA was anything original but it was pretty fun and i like characters. and the fanservice was the in your face and was done pretty well.

I like the bro/sis pair who shares one body, i thought it was pretty funny. But the homo near the end was freaky.
Old 2008-03-12, 12:41   Link #17
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

lol there was no homo in this series
Old 2008-03-12, 15:30   Link #18
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Spoiler for Just in case someone hasn't finished the story.:

See how much they screwd up the ending!?
Old 2008-03-12, 16:01   Link #19
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I'm pretty sure that TokyoPop used to have some sort of grudge on me. So they take everything I worked on and gave it the weird hippy/valley girl treatment.

Old 2008-03-12, 16:37   Link #20
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

/me worships snoopy

I loved your releases of PA. I always wondered on the end though, i kind of got the impression the Mew wasn't really dead, and had pulled a Ren on us. As in she'd merged with Shiomi and was now a part of him. Especially with the way he was talking about him and Myuu at the end

Shiomi, with evil eye glare: The one who will decide the future of aruas, will be me. and if Mew and I don't like what we see, i will bring this world to it's end.

Unless he's pulling a class pres on us and rejecting her death and make a clone of her from his aura
Closed Thread