AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-10, 22:40   Link #1
kimimaru

Naruto and company years later series?

Just a hypothesis type of threat but if Naruto is going to be almost a never ending anime with like 903284398 seasons and episodes like dragonball. Will it ever be like dragonball with like a "naruto and people when they`re older" season?

I hope they don`t do that because dragonball was pretty good until dragonball z and gt came out which killed the original dragonball. if naruto "z" or something like that comes out its going to kill naruto so badly i think.
Old 2004-04-10, 22:49   Link #2
Unidentified

Naruto isn't the type of anime that can last that much. A few more mystiries without any being solved will cause it to be boring.
Old 2004-04-10, 22:54   Link #3
Gai-Kakashi

I'd say its got a MORE than while left before it becomes boring.
Old 2004-04-10, 23:09   Link #4
MikoKikyo

Am I the only Naruto fan who DIDN'T watch DB/Z??
...well I don't really get what you're asking but I'd rather have the show end relatively soon than have it drag on to boring ends.....If they ran out of ideas, it's better to end it than to make it boring or uninteresting. That would ruin it all for me
Old 2004-04-10, 23:12   Link #5
Gai-Kakashi

I never saw DBZ, it looked pretty lame from the commercials I've seen of it. *shrugs*
Old 2004-04-10, 23:15   Link #6
rock and stones

its so far been a damn nice story. dun think it will get boring anytime soon(hopefully) cos it should be ending with the akatsuki and watever else there is
Old 2004-04-10, 23:19   Link #7
LithKage

Why do people constantly try to compare a good anime to dragon ball Z???
Ok they both were anime and they both had fighting. I draw the line there.

As for a series when they're older I guess it would depend on how they handled it. When the number of Jutsu reaches a number that no one can remember the names I think the series will have gone on for too long. By then i don'yt think it will be able to hold my attention. It is my sincere hope that it ends before it comes to that. I also hope that doesn't happen any time soon.
Old 2004-04-10, 23:47   Link #8
HoboGod
Necromancer

it wasn't dragon ball z that ruined dragonball, it was the fact that the anime caught up with the manga. when naruto ends, you'll be begging for the mangaka to write a second naruto series... you'll be downright DESPRATE for Naruto Z once you realize you wont get your weekly fix anymore. don't be afraid of sequals, be afraid of capatalist piggies who stretch out storyline so that they wont run out of it.
Old 2004-04-10, 23:55   Link #9
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Lets face it, naruto is dragged out. The last arc (chuunin exam) lasted 40 or so episodes, which is almost a year, since naruto runs about 49 out of the 52 weeks a year. Also, naruto is "the thing" in japan, just like DBZ was some 10-12 years ago. Thats where the comparisons come from, and lets face it, 4kids is probably going to get their sleezy hands on naruto, and guess what they're gonna do with it? Thats right, horrible voice actors, hash mark "dirt" instead of blood, and more importantly, a few dozen episodes and scenes cut, to make it pussy friendly.

The negativety comes from 13 year olds who are "2 kool 4 skool" and think DBZ is (rightfully) shit, and since naruto is SO similar, so is it. Personally I love naruto, but whatever.
Old 2004-04-11, 00:03   Link #10
rorosama

There will have to be a time jump to show how powerful naruto will be in a couple of years. Same for sasuke. It's been said they have super great potential. I believe they'll jump to the jounin exam when they're in their early 20's. If they don't at least do a time jump there will be so much unresolved. At sasukes current level, it'll be awhile before he beats itachi. The only people that should beat or kill itachi should be naruto or sasuke. It wouldn't be cool if anyone else did it.
Old 2004-04-11, 00:51   Link #11
MikoKikyo

.... anime speculation always has that air of pointlessness to it that makes me really impatient. Who knows WHAT will happen in the future, the thing to do is just sit back and enjoy while it lasts. Or while it's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
... you'll be downright DESPERATE for Naruto Z once you realize you wont get your weekly fix anymore.
pff lol - I love your wording. That one made me chuckle out loud.

PS I fixed ur spelling error bc it was just bugging the hell outa me
Old 2004-04-11, 01:11   Link #12
Majin Sasuke
~Sharingan Ninja~

HOW DARE YOU!?! Now Naruto is good but DragonBall Z is GREAT! saying that Z killed the DragonBall series is a sin, DragonBall was killed at GT because it wasn't made by the creater. To all of you who have not seen DBZ i tell you this watch it and youll love it. Naruto's characters go more in-dept i think but DBZ is a great show one of anime's greatest. As for a "Naruto Z" may be pretty cool, they would have to make a manga 1st if that was good then they would make an anime...we will just have to wait and see.
Old 2004-04-11, 01:23   Link #13
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin Sasuke
HOW DARE YOU!?! Now Naruto is good but DragonBall Z is GREAT! saying that Z killed the DragonBall series is a sin, DragonBall was killed at GT because it wasn't made by the creater. To all of you who have not seen DBZ i tell you this watch it and youll love it. Naruto's characters go more in-dept i think but DBZ is a great show one of anime's greatest. As for a "Naruto Z" may be pretty cool, they would have to make a manga 1st if that was good then they would make an anime...we will just have to wait and see.
Regretfully I actually watched DBZ up until damn near the end of the freeza arc, and I'm still questioning what I was on and/or drinking in mass quantities. GT was just further fuel on the flaming pile of shit the series had become. My opinions arent based on the "OMG POPULAR! IT MUST SUCK!" mentality, its based on the fact that I saw it with my OWN EYES, gave it chances, and it still sucked. DBZ has become a mockery to anime. Its the red headed step child that everyone loves to smack around, because it obviously deserves it.
Old 2004-04-11, 01:51   Link #14
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

hehe everyone rags on DBZ now, but seriously it was one of the most popular animated shows in history.

And I would love to see naruto go as long or longer than DBZ. I think it would be great if the show went up to where naruto and suske and sukura are all Journin and have their own genin squads. Naruto and Susske still competeing with each other as there genin would be as well.

There are lots of places they can take this anime, and still keep it interesting.

Last edited by Xarrais; 2004-04-11 at 02:02.
Old 2004-04-11, 01:57   Link #15
MikoKikyo

man oh boy maybe I should watch DBZ just to see if it's worth the controversy. No one thinks it's ok. It's either the best creation ever broadcast or tv or "a flaming pile of shit". Sounds interesting
Old 2004-04-11, 02:03   Link #16
DreamcastSi

Now somewhere I heard that Naruto and DBZ came from the same tale. Of course the direction they took it is different... but I can see some similarities... One or two...
Old 2004-04-11, 02:15   Link #17
PinkSpider
先輩

Send a message via ICQ to PinkSpider Send a message via MSN to PinkSpider
Naruto does have similarities with Dragonball. I am sure, Naruto will be going on for another few more years or so.
Kishimoto has always been idolizing the Creater of Dragonball, he is a fan of the series too. I am quite sure many parts of Naruto are heavily influenced by his admiration of Dragonball.
However, its true that Naruto is a bit different in the sense that it's characters seem to be more in-depth. I don't mind if Naruto is going to go on for some more years, i still see a lot of potential for expansion in its storyline. I would want to see the development of these young Genins into Chuunins, into Jounins, into Anbu members, and of course the hope of Naruto being the next Kohoha no Hokage. ^_^
Old 2004-04-11, 02:29   Link #18
Doppelganger
Lazy Undergraduate

Send a message via ICQ to Doppelganger Send a message via AIM to Doppelganger
I would like to see a more gradual transition as the series goes on and have the characters gradually get taller and more mature looking/sounding. Hell, if the series runs as long as Dragon Ball does, it could be done practically in real time, so to speak. Sharp discontinuities are a less elegant and satisfying technique in general.

An example of a well-done transitions in age over long time period can be seen in the film "The Shawshank Redemption." Naruto has a lot more time than a standard film to accomplish a similar thing.
Old 2004-04-11, 11:56   Link #19
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
and lets face it, 4kids is probably going to get their sleezy hands on naruto, and guess what they're gonna do with it? Thats right, horrible voice actors, hash mark "dirt" instead of blood, and more importantly, a few dozen episodes and scenes cut, to make it pussy friendly.

The negativety comes from 13 year olds who are "2 kool 4 skool" and think DBZ is (rightfully) shit, and since naruto is SO similar, so is it. Personally I love naruto, but whatever.

I was going to post my reply, but since Lamer just said what I was thinking dern near word for word, I'll just nod my head in solomn agreement.

So . *nods in agreement*
Old 2004-04-11, 12:14   Link #20
LithKage

I've got an idea why don't we have a Naruto series when they were younger like Muppet Babies, Flintstone kids, or Star Wars episodes 1-3.
Closed Thread