Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-11, 02:18   Link #21
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
You do realize I meant December of this year, right?
Yes, I just don't know what year this is, apparently
Post edited.
Old 2004-05-11, 02:34   Link #22
method

The editing will depend on what block CN decides. From the reviews and some of the threads, FMA seems like it should be on Adult Swim.
Old 2004-05-11, 02:40   Link #23
Iron Monkey

Meh, saw this one coming a long time ago. Anyone who didn't obviously wasn't listening too hard. I'm just surprised it took this long for an official announcement.
Old 2004-05-11, 02:41   Link #24
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by method
The editing will depend on what block CN decides. From the reviews and some of the threads, FMA seems like it should be on Adult Swim.
AdultSwim or not, the whole "We are scientist and we don't believe in god" thing in Episode One is not going to sit well with American parents. Also the blood and the Human Transmutation Gore... Can they sneak in blood for AdultSwim block programs? I'm not sure exactly...

Also, All I'm hoping for is a speedy and good DVD treatment, with goodies like the FullMetal Box that holds 12-13 DVDs and other goodies found in the R-2 Spec. Ed. releases.
Old 2004-05-11, 02:42   Link #25
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Monkey
Meh, saw this one coming a long time ago. Anyone who didn't obviously wasn't listening too hard. I'm just surprised it took this long for an official announcement.
I agree. It was horridly obvious after the two episodes that the series would be licensed, it was only a question of time.
Old 2004-05-11, 02:45   Link #26
Kamui4356
Aria Company

So fma is finally licensed. Good news, as this is one of the series I've been planning to buy. I only hope funi gives it a decent release. Only 3 episodes per dvd would suck. Hopefully it will have 4 or 5, but I doubt it...
As for it appearing on tv, I'd guess it will be on adult swim mostly uneditted, except for a few minor things. I doubt they'll screw this series up that much.

Now I just have to sit back and wait for announcements for Scrapped Princess, hikaru no go, Shingetsutan Tsukihime, and Da Capo.
Edit: Actually I'll wait for the box set for fma. cheaper that way
Old 2004-05-11, 02:46   Link #27
TronDD
Team the box!

Adult Swim definatly shows blood. Look at Cowboy Bebop. However, it is very much toned down. I dind't realize how much violence was edited out of Bebop until I watched the DVDs. The TV versions still get the point across, but they do reduce violence.

I don't think they would edit content such as "we don't believe in god". Although, I don't know about other air times.

If I have to watch this on TV, my only fear is that the dubbing will blow.
Old 2004-05-11, 02:48   Link #28
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, hey, at least the actors that do FUNi's animes aren't that bad.
Old 2004-05-11, 02:52   Link #29
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
So fma is finally licensed. Good news, as this is one of the series I've been planning to buy. I only hope funi gives it a decent release. Only 3 episodes per dvd would suck. Hopefully it will have 4 or 5, but I doubt it...
As for it appearing on tv, I'd guess it will be on adult swim mostly uneditted, except for a few minor things. I doubt they'll screw this series up that much.

Now I just have to sit back and wait for announcements for Scrapped Princess, hikaru no go, Shingetsutan Tsukihime, and Da Capo.
I doubt that it'll be 3-Episode Discs as this is a 52 Episode series--even most of the R-2 releases contain 4 Episodes per Disc(all but Vol. 1). The R-2 Special Edition Metal Box seems to hold around 14-ish DVDs.
Old 2004-05-11, 02:52   Link #30
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Well, hey, at least the actors that do FUNi's animes aren't that bad.

Dragonball Z anyone?
Old 2004-05-11, 02:57   Link #31
Anthias

I see two sides to this news.

Woohoo! My fav series is licensed so I can buy DVD's? Yehaaa!....

Wait.... I don't live in America! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I'll have to wait YEARS! NOOOO!!!!!........... (no way in hell I can afford to import from the US)

Wait up - Funimation? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! They REWALLY Su...... Ok, I wont say that, somebody might be offended. But they do.

Wait up, (eventually) other people will start to watch it on pay tv? COOL! so finally I can talk to RL people about my fav show without them saying WTF and looking at me funny!

So, this has plusses and minusses. I hate having to wait that long though. And I hate that it will be a matter of years (probably about 5 knowing previous experience - we JUST got Tenchi!) before I can go to my shop and buy it for a reasonable price. After all, its not licenced HERE yet. [WINGE] America being so big and influencial - there are people ELSEWHERE in the world you know!! (no offense but it really sucks for the rest of us)[/winge]

So, at least untill it is announced licenced where I am, I hope somebody else where I am continues subbing!

At any rate, regardless of my winges, and regardles of the cliffhanging it puts us through, this is still verry exciting news... I can't wait to see the new toy lines coming out!

Last edited by Anthias; 2004-05-11 at 03:07.
Old 2004-05-11, 03:02   Link #32
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaSe-
Dragonball Z anyone?
The voice acting in Dragonball Z was good. Don't blame the voice actors because the show was bad to begin with.
Old 2004-05-11, 03:04   Link #33
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356

Edit: Actually I'll wait for the box set for fma. cheaper that way
Actually, Shingetsutan Tsukihime is already licensed. Or I think it is.
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/239.html
All the torrents are down for that show anyway. And when I checked ANBU:s page, it said "Licensed", but AnimeSuki hasn't said anything. D'oh!

Yes, I'll buy the DVD's, but at what cost? ~13 discs? ~52 episodes? ~4 episodes per DVD? How much would that cost? Here in Sweden a regular anime DVD (4 eps) costs 179 kronor ($23.17) which, times 13, would result in 2327 kronor ($301.18)! That's an approximated price, but is that cheap or expensive? I think it's pretty cheap. But I doubt that the prices will be that low, I guess. FMA is a very popular series.

[fanboyistic cry]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! FMA IS LICENSED!! How the heck am I supposed to watch the show now?! And I don't live in either Japan or USA! NO!! *dies*
[/fanboyistic cry]

Well, guess I'll just wait for the DVDs to come out! Come out, come out, wherever you are!
Old 2004-05-11, 03:05   Link #34
acidblue
IchizokuKage

Send a message via MSN to acidblue
Unhappy

I wish anyone BUT funimation would have got it, but what can we do now(besides storm funimation and hold them hostage till they sell the rights to pioneer or adv or someone else...). Well I am glad i will be able to buy the DVD's now i hope they are well done and timely(I dont want to wait till 2005 ).

<acidblue is crying in the corner>
Old 2004-05-11, 03:05   Link #35
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
The voice acting in Dragonball Z was good. Don't blame the voice actors because the show was bad to begin with.
Yup, it's kinda hard to sound good when most of your dialogue contains grunting, "hi-yahing", and useless drivel taunting the other person.
Old 2004-05-11, 03:09   Link #36
jakeellis01
We Live In The Moment!!

Send a message via ICQ to jakeellis01
For subbing fans:

Don't you think that fansubs are much better than official dvd subs?
Old 2004-05-11, 03:10   Link #37
Spooky-Electric

Damnit! I knew this would be licensed, and I WILL be buying the DVD's, but I must say I will be sorely missing my weekly episodes of FMA. It's going to be 2006 before I ever see the end of this series.
Old 2004-05-11, 03:11   Link #38
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T
Actually, Shingetsutan Tsukihime is already licensed. Or I think it is.
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/239.html
All the torrents are down for that show anyway. And when I checked ANBU:s page, it said "Licensed", but AnimeSuki hasn't said anything. D'oh!

Yes, I'll buy the DVD's, but at what cost? ~13 discs? ~52 episodes? ~4 episodes per DVD? How much would that cost? Here in Sweden a regular anime DVD (4 eps) costs 179 kronor ($23.17) which, times 13, would result in 2327 kronor ($301.18)! That's an approximated price, but is that cheap or expensive? I think it's pretty cheap. But I doubt that the prices will be that low, I guess. FMA is a very popular series.

[fanboyistic cry]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! FMA IS LICENSED!! How the heck am I supposed to watch the show now?! And I don't live in either Japan or USA! NO!! *dies*
[/fanboyistic cry]

Well, guess I'll just wait for the DVDs to come out! Come out, come out, wherever you are!
Oh $300 USD for 13 Anime DVDs are cheap--when compared to the Japanese R-2 releases. Each R-2 FullMetal Alchemist DVD release cost around 6000 Yen (Tax Included), that is about $60. Multiply $60 by 14 because the first volume has only two Episodes and if Squeenix has any conscience, all the rest of the DVDs will have 4 Episodes except one(the last volume perhaps?). 60 X 14 = 840 (USD)

I'm counting my blessings and buying from cheap online retailers that AnimeSuki recommends
Old 2004-05-11, 03:15   Link #39
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Good lord thats expensive. If that were to happen in US shores, we could kiss anime good bye.
Old 2004-05-11, 03:18   Link #40
deedlit
the High Elf

Yeah! Cartoon Network! That's good news
Closed Thread