Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-08, 12:44   Link #921
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
The manga has a completely different tone than the anime. It was one of the reasons why I suspected early on that Zero wasn't a direct prequel. Turns out I was wrong on that.

If they do decide to continue on to the manga (and part of me hopes they do), I can only hope that they keep the same tone and direction that Zero had. The story of the Ga-Rei is good, but the manga is more akin to reading Bleach than it is the dark character driven style that was in the anime. That's not to say I don't enjoy it....but it's just not the same.

If they can find a good way to mix the two, it would be one of those rare times where the anime actually improves upon the source.
yeah i totally agree, i feel ga-rei is a bit "light", not so much drama or what not...like you said, the tone of ga-rei zero was great, and i seriously hope that htey make a second season
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 06:29   Link #922
SemperMalum

I just finished this anime.

As much as seeing Kagura with long hair is kinda hawt, she's just no replacement for Yomi. She was a big reason why I was watching this anime... Because she was a fantastic character. And even in the end, she was still just a side character to me. I feel nothing, and I don't feel compelled to want to follow her story. I'm sure it'd be interesting, but I just don't feel it.

... Poor Yomi, too. Jesus, the amount of crap she's been through is utterly horrific. I wish it had ended differently, to be honest, but that's just because I'm a sucker for happy endings... especially for characters that I love.
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 07:25   Link #923
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Watched the last episode (yesterday )

The end was good thought !Poor Yomi and the others who was dead ! Poor Kagura too !
Finally the 2 girls (director and her servant ) was alive ..
Noryuki is a weakling coward idiot .....
Well , hope it will have 2nd season but i saw it will have one !
It will catch the manga !! With Ken-chan and Kagura !!
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 08:34   Link #924
Raikujin
finally had her fix

Episode 1 still bothers me. The rest of the anime didn't attempt to explain Tooru, Aoi and how Yomi is involved in the flashbacks. I know that this anime is centered on Yomi and Kagura, but honestly, the reason I kept watching after episode 1 is partly because they've peaked my interest in the story surrounding that incident. I had hoped they would tie up all the loose ends, but turns out that it was just for show. The anime was pretty good though.
Raikujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 14:21   Link #925
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikujin View Post
Episode 1 still bothers me. The rest of the anime didn't attempt to explain Tooru, Aoi and how Yomi is involved in the flashbacks.
This will probably be covered in a future OVA.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 17:19   Link #926
Kraker2k

Its been hinted at on the GR0 radio show and the DVDs will probably do well so, which means OVA time!
Old 2009-01-09, 17:39   Link #927
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraker2k View Post
Its been hinted at on the GR0 radio show and the DVDs will probably do well so, which means OVA time!
OVA time? No 2nd season :'(?
Old 2009-01-09, 20:09   Link #928
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperMalum View Post
I just finished this anime.

As much as seeing Kagura with long hair is kinda hawt, she's just no replacement for Yomi. She was a big reason why I was watching this anime... Because she was a fantastic character. And even in the end, she was still just a side character to me. I feel nothing, and I don't feel compelled to want to follow her story. I'm sure it'd be interesting, but I just don't feel it.

... Poor Yomi, too. Jesus, the amount of crap she's been through is utterly horrific. I wish it had ended differently, to be honest, but that's just because I'm a sucker for happy endings... especially for characters that I love.
Kind of strange how much I agree with what your saying here. Really would have liked it to end better for Yomi if it was at all possible. Like happy endings usually so obviously would have been for it. But sadly it finished in a tragic fashion. At least she got to protect the person she cared about most, but still not a pleasant thing.
Old 2009-01-10, 03:35   Link #929
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by careph View Post
One thing’s for sure: Anybody who’s watched this series will see Pocky with new eyes. But who needs Pocky anyway when you can have Häagen-Dasz?
Hear, hear.... This is how you go about coming up with a reasonable and compelling argument. Reading this made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, even if I don't agree with all of it (you're reading a little too much into her character, especially toward the end). Compared to some of the garbage that was previously dumped in the thread, this is quality commentary. I suggest people who have doubts about Yomi's character to read this.

Last edited by 4Tran; 2009-01-11 at 18:33. Reason: Removed Spoilers. Note that if you want to comment on a post, it isn't always necessary to quote the whole thing.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 18:26   Link #930
scr
my sides are in orbit

Thumbs up now this is something.

Quote:
One thing’s for sure: Anybody who’s watched this series will see Pocky with new eyes. But who needs Pocky anyway when you can have Häagen-Dasz?

Spoiler for random Yomi fan musing about her personality and his own perception of the series plus a bit of hapless wishing:
Spoiler for a yuri fanboy commentary on the acceptance bits; feel free to skip:

Quote:
On a side node, this series didn’t just strain me mentally. I had a three hour workout after watching the ending to cool down which resulted in every single muscle of my body hurting the next day and not being able to move for the most part. Ahhh, where’s Mitagawa when you need him?
try injecting nanomachines into yourself , it works for that Snake guy.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.

Last edited by 4Tran; 2009-01-11 at 18:37. Reason: Removed Spoilers
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 19:10   Link #931
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
Quote:
I'm probably the only person here who gets kinda sad whenever they see a box of Pocky because of this series.
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 19:35   Link #932
Raikujin
finally had her fix

Quote:
Well if that's the case, there is still hope for me.
Raikujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 20:25   Link #933
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I think Yomi is considered one of my all-time favorite villians...dunno where to rank her, though.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 23:07   Link #934
Fweakin

As reported here, the Ga-rei zero DVD's sold around the 5500 mark in the first 2 weeks, which is pretty good. So the chances of the series continuing in some animated form would be rather high, I would think.
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 23:32   Link #935
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweakin View Post
As reported here, the Ga-rei zero DVD's sold around the 5500 mark in the first 2 weeks, which is pretty good. So the chances of the series continuing in some animated form would be rather high, I would think.
YESHHH!!! we need to form a club that will buy even MORE dvds from them, help boost the sales and guarantee a victory (a second season, slightly modified from the manga of course)
Old 2009-01-11, 14:49   Link #936
KrebMarkt
Never do well

First DVD sales : 5,512
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=23026

Break even point reached
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 14:56   Link #937
Kraker2k

Lets hope they keep it up
Old 2009-01-11, 15:05   Link #938
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Lets hope they keep it up
totally agree, how much money goes into producing these animes? And how long does it take to do 1 episode/ how big is the animation crew?
Old 2009-01-11, 15:09   Link #939
taelrak

Anyone know the name of the music piece that was playing in episode 9 during the scene with Yomi and Kagura?
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 15:35   Link #940
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Remember that only the Deluxe version is recorded in the Oricon chart.
So the regular version aren't counted in that number.

I want a second season too.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen