Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-11-29, 21:02   Link #1061
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post

You mean Tatsumaki? Funny, that. I'll send you a PM for it.

Thanks buddy
Old 2015-11-29, 21:06   Link #1062
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually really like the disbeliever.

"A class C hero just took it out with one punch... what does that say about the heroes it beat? They may call themselves A Class or S Class, but their titles mean nothing."
-Who here thinks that the way the Association evaluates heroes does a proper job of sorting the heroes according to their real strength?

"Anyone can risk their lives, but a 'hero' has to beat monsters... but it's annoying when heroes who really are just average Joes show up to try and save you."
-You know how there are many people who overestimates their ability and end up majorly failing at the task? It's as applicable here as it is in real life; you leave the dangerous work to the professionals.

"In the end, none of the other 'heroes' did anything heroic."
-There is good reason why it's been said that... 'There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. If you get away with it, you are brave. If you don't, you are stupid.'

I mean, the disbeliever is technically not wrong, he's just an asshole.

And the irony of the situation? In the end, it was only him who gives the actual kill credit to Saitama. ("The fact of the matter is, that bald guy pretty much took care of it all by himself")

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 21:07   Link #1063
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I noted this before but it's because Saitama is simply TOO overwhelming. It was so fast, so effortless that onlookers can't help but question if the opponent wasn't just a weakling. It doesn't help that Saitama looks so plain and unassuming. It's sheer skepticism and doubt without a shred of rationality.
I'll gladly take that interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Now the thing here is, do you want a Doylist musing, or a Watsonian musing?

Because the latter is quite easy -- the people at the shelter are just happy to be enough to be alive, and like Bakato said, Saitama's defeat of the Sea King was simply too fast for anyone to notice that something amazing actually happened (as if a punch that clears away a heavy rainstorm isn't amazing enough). It's very likely that, given time, some of them would have sat down, given what they've seen some thought, and finally go "wait a sec?!?", but most would probably just go on with their lives.

If you go by Watsonian though, the people in Saitama's universe are like this because, otherwise, there'd be little drama for Saitama and the people around him.
I got nothing to refute there. lol
Touché on both points.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 21:14   Link #1064
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Whoops, I meant Doylist (or the perspective of a reader or author rather than an inhabitant of the universe) for that last one.
Old 2015-11-29, 21:47   Link #1065
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

Two small but great moments: Sonic being late, and Genos being ready to incinerate Saitama's hate mail.
More like track and incinerate the Hater-Troll which I think most likely that NEET at the shelter. He was just asking for a beat down.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 22:14   Link #1066
Blueknight78

OMG that episode was exactly what i was waiting, a lot of hipe, to in the end we get a terrible anti-climatic end with saitama punch the guy in a so great speed and power which killed DSK in one second and clean the rain and no one could notice at nude eyes, the peoples just looked like "what?????", the scene was so perfect.

Finally that asshole neet(in the manga he have "neet" write in his shirt), that guy was perfect, manga draw was a little better but the "asshole was perfect", that guy while some peoples tried to "defend the heroes" he started his trash talk and mob mentality and troll was really over the top, i could be happy if indeed some of the guys which tried to give this asshole some punchs they really did it, that guy asked for it, "say which anyone could did the same the heroes did", like someone said i would love to see he doing that blasts of genos which easy could blow up the shelter which was supposed to be unbreakable and the perfect protection against monster which the DSK easy break like nothing, really one punch man really is a good show to show the worst side of humanity now i'm waiting to see the next epic arc where we gonna true see the action start and finally one of the big names in one punch verse as villian gonna come to appear and give some fun to saitama.

License-less rider is really a great hero, despise don't have any powers and being a average joe have the courage and can even inspire saitama in his hero dute and being nice enough to pay him a drink.

This serie really have awesome and cool characters i will miss it and hope the second season get announced exactly in the last episode of the season since this serie is currently one of the top series in popularicity.

We need more "caped bald".
Old 2015-11-29, 22:19   Link #1067
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
How many episodes is this series going to have? I'll be shedding excessive man tears if it's only 12 episodes...
Depending on your author they don't have enough materials for 26.

They can take it from the original, but both authors just release whenever they want unlike SJ which has a schedule.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 22:23   Link #1068
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
Depending on your author they don't have enough materials for 26.

They can take it from the original, but both authors just release whenever they want unlike SJ which has a schedule.
actually even the orignal(made by one himself) i think we have enough material for 2 core but like a 24 not 26 if we count the redraw then we can have enough for a 2 core with enough for some OVAS, but really not enough for for 3 cores or more episodes, the manga is really short and as you tould don't have a regular schedule the creator can release chapters whenever he want without care with schedules or deadlines.

the current original web manga(from one) is on 104 chapter and the anime will end around chapter 41 to 42, then they could had material for a second core if they wanted.
Old 2015-11-29, 22:29   Link #1069
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Mumen Rider truely is a hero with guts and Genos needs to go back to his mechanic

Saitama really takes alot of crap from everyone

Like the drone delivery fan mail
Old 2015-11-30, 00:17   Link #1070
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Like the drone delivery fan mail
In the manga it was an air-drop via parachute. But times have changed so to speak.
Old 2015-11-30, 01:21   Link #1071
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Is he? Genos got a considerable upgrade for DSK.
Although canonically the HA never learned of Ashura and thus he would never have a threat level assigned, the official fanbook labeled him a Dragon had he been found.

Of course, one could argue that DSK in his top form (in ocean or heavy rain) could possibly have been upgraded to Dragon level, but that's up for debate.
Old 2015-11-30, 01:57   Link #1072
EroKing

Images
Official art
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-27 at 01:55.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 04:15   Link #1073
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 9:
Kudos to Mumen Rider for putting a brave face when facing a losing battle against the Deep Sea King. Heck, even Saitama said to him that he did a great job just before beating the enemy.

On the other hand, seeing Genos' body being reduced to a mechanical/skeletal frame is horrifying!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 04:42   Link #1074
Gaulek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I actually really like the disbeliever.

"A class C hero just took it out with one punch... what does that say about the heroes it beat? They may call themselves A Class or S Class, but their titles mean nothing."
-Who here thinks that the way the Association evaluates heroes does a proper job of sorting the heroes according to their real strength?

"Anyone can risk their lives, but a 'hero' has to beat monsters... but it's annoying when heroes who really are just average Joes show up to try and save you."
-You know how there are many people who overestimates their ability and end up majorly failing at the task? It's as applicable here as it is in real life; you leave the dangerous work to the professionals.

"In the end, none of the other 'heroes' did anything heroic."
-There is good reason why it's been said that... 'There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. If you get away with it, you are brave. If you don't, you are stupid.'

I mean, the disbeliever is technically not wrong, he's just an asshole.

And the irony of the situation? In the end, it was only him who gives the actual kill credit to Saitama. ("The fact of the matter is, that bald guy pretty much took care of it all by himself")
Without them they would be dead before Saitama even comes though.
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 04:53   Link #1075
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's better this way. I'd even argue that was the entire point. It allows the audience to feel the same disappointment as Saitama.

The highlight of the episode was supposed to be the Mumen Rider scene and Saitama making himself out to the villain to protect the heroes' reputation anyway, not the fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyblaster View Post
The first version of the redraw had a much more impactful effect from the punch but it got toned down to fit the citizens' reaction.
Ah right, they did change that scene a bit. I guess I understand why the would did that.

Next arc they should be able to capture some epic moment.
Old 2015-11-30, 05:54   Link #1076
lucaman

it would be funny if genos actually prepare big dinner to celebrate saitama that rank up to (Bottom)B Class and saitama-sensei can't take anymore food.
Old 2015-11-30, 07:41   Link #1077
dmaxzero

Next week, the awesomeness should start.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 07:48   Link #1078
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
Next week, the awesomeness should start.
And once that awesomeness ends, so does the series OTL...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 07:50   Link #1079
whitecloud

That "NEET" sure is an asshole, talking trash like that, try changing hero to policeman and firefighter I wonder if he will still talk like that. what will the police or firefighter do if hearing things like that?
Old 2015-11-30, 08:08   Link #1080
Peanutbutter

No wonder Mumen Rider is so much liked by many people, the guy's a true hero in heart and mind. Though his body is another thing.

What a devastating one punch. One will think the same thing will get old quick, but each one is worth reviewing on its own.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, parody, satire, seinen, super hero