Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-02-26, 16:17   Link #1
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
Gundam SEED Destiny starts on YTV March 9

Just in case you guys didn't already know, Gundam SEED Destiny will start on March 9 at 9:30pm. In addition, the original Gundam SEED will also be getting yet another run starting the same night at 11:30pm.

Also, let's all keep our fingers crossed that YTV's new Anime Channel will have some classic Gundam!
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 20:18   Link #2
Knightmare213

I've already learned this info from a friend of mine two weeks ago. It was expected of course since YTV is running the final episode of FMA next week. I believed that they would cancel FMA and replace GSD right on that now-vacant time slot...crap, was I wrong...

I'm glad YTV will no longer run that retarded Monster Warrior show. The thing I'm surprised about the new time slot shuffle is that Gundam SEED is making a come back.

Not only that, I really ain't excited about the Canadian premiere (or the North American TV premiere, I s'pose) of GSD. Not because the story quality during the series went down, but because I really don't expect the same VA quality as Ghost in the Shell and FMA had in the past.

Nevertheless, I'll be tuning in on the premiere date.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 15:44   Link #3
NamaeX
Invisible Hunter

I am that friend, and I am still unhappy that we're getting garbage.
NamaeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 15:53   Link #4
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Ehh, I'm just happy that: a) the Gundam name is seeing success somewhere outside of Asia; b) YTV is finally picking up shows that haven't aired on Cartoon Network in the US.

Yes, the last ten episodes are garbage, but the series is definitely going to do well, and it could lead to good things in the future. Of course, I'm still kind of choked that Eureka seveN got pushed back to 11:00pm.
Old 2007-03-01, 01:14   Link #5
NamaeX
Invisible Hunter

waitasec... Jesse, I got that info off of your site.
NamaeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 03:26   Link #6
U<3Anime
Boo!

Wow they are finally airing GSD? Took them long enough lol >_>. I watched the first episode of the english dub ages ago.
Old 2007-03-10, 02:07   Link #7
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Well, this airing was completely intact apart from the fact that, for some strange reason, Bandai put the 2nd OP in the episode. So we got "Pride" instead of "Ignited".

Not that I mind, since the OP sequence was completely intact and Pride is definitely my favourite one. But why would they do that? Some kind of promotional tie-in for High and Mighty Color?
Old 2007-03-10, 18:37   Link #8
Knightmare213

When I watched the last night's premiere, I had a low-expectancy voice acting quality. Fortunately, I was wrong.

In my opinion, I thought the voice acting was well done (a three-and-a-half out of five, I suppose) most of the time. So far, I don't see any problem with the American casting (but I know I'll have a problem with Lacus' and Meer's VA).

Also, I don't have the problem with the opening swapping. It was surprising, but neither negatively nor positively.
Old 2007-03-11, 01:34   Link #9
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

You mean the Canadian casting.
Old 2007-03-11, 11:23   Link #10
bx510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge View Post
haha

has anyone ever heard of gundam seed eternity?
bx510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 16:09   Link #11
Knightmare213

Quote:
Really? Okay...then North American casting then .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bx510 View Post
haha

has anyone ever heard of gundam seed eternity?
Geez...that bloated rumor? It was actually a lie started by a Gundam SEED fan years back, around when Destiny was almost over in Japan.

If you want to talk about the third season of SEED (or a CE series), there's a special thread for that in this forum...
Old 2007-03-12, 05:19   Link #12
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
That's true since the dubbing guys are folks from Vancouver.

Here's my appreciation so far from what I was able to get in terms of voice work for the first episode:

Shinn... The voice was too deep for a turbulent teenager like him. I originally thought "turbulent-style" Richard Ian Cox (a.k.a. Inuyasha and Ranma) would have match him better.

Stellar... I don't mind that, at least she shows some sexiness in her voice. So I give her a OK for now.

Rey... I read that Kirby Morrow did the voice. His former performance as Trowa Barton (Gundam Wing) should be very close to what we'll have from him in Destiny, so it should be good.

Lunamaria... she is better than I expected. Before that, I wished Kelly Sheridan took the English version for Mayaa Sakamoto's character once again because she did great before (Kelly voiced for Escaflowne's Hitomi Kanzaki in 2000). But Maryke Hendrikse seems very good to me.

Vino (orange-haired guy)... for some reason I felt the voice tone was a little childish for someone who should be major (age 16 for a coordinator at least). I felt it weird especially since I read that the VA (Reece Thompson) is actually 18. Anyway, it was a poor effort to find a VA for him.

Durandal/Dullindal... I didn't expect the Ranma 1/2's Takewaki Kuno voice to get that one. I always thought the voice match should have been Paul Dobson (Naraku from Inuyasha, Lord Folken from Escaflowne). I guess we can't do nothing much there.

Sting and Auel... looks fine to me, it would be funny to compare Auel's voice with Dearka's since Brad is voicing both.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2007-03-12 at 16:31.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote