Old 2024-02-16, 10:19   Link #1681
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Only just saw in my feed, but apparently Ogura Yui got stalked:
https://twitter.com/OY_A_Official/st...68638177697903

Spoilers
Spoiler for translation
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That's awful! I hope they catch and prosecute the stalker !
Old 2024-04-10, 16:32   Link #1682
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Inori Minase has become a really hot topic the last couple days. This is on the level of gossip but could turn into a pretty big deal if confirmed so I'm posting it here. The whole situation is summed up pretty well in this post.

tl;dr: She's strongly suspected of having used alt accounts on Twitter, 5ch and the likes to talk shit about other seiyuus. That user was pretty well known as an Inorin simp but no one suspected it could be her, until her official Twitter account made a post exactly in the same style as that person pointing out a fan's bad attitude; the post was quickly deleted (explanation: "the account was hacked") and more suspiciously, the Twitter account of the simp was also deleted. Miku Ito making a tongue-in-cheek post on Twitter addressing Inorin's alleged issue with her lends credence to the theory they were the same person. Yuka Iguchi has also posted about it basically saying everyone should strive to be honest.

There is potential for a pretty big scandal here.
Old 2024-04-11, 00:42   Link #1683
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*grabs popcorn*
Not to sound sexist, but in a highly competitive field (despite not exactly being the best paid job in the world) saturated with women, it isn't surprising to see jealousy and bad-talking behind the back between the ladies. You just shouldn't get caught.
Men have it easier, if not just for the fact there are less VAs and less roles. Also, because men.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-13, 13:58   Link #1684
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Inori Minase has become a really hot topic the last couple days. This is on the level of gossip but could turn into a pretty big deal if confirmed so I'm posting it here. The whole situation is summed up pretty well in this post.

tl;dr: She's strongly suspected of having used alt accounts on Twitter, 5ch and the likes to talk shit about other seiyuus. That user was pretty well known as an Inorin simp but no one suspected it could be her, until her official Twitter account made a post exactly in the same style as that person pointing out a fan's bad attitude; the post was quickly deleted (explanation: "the account was hacked") and more suspiciously, the Twitter account of the simp was also deleted. Miku Ito making a tongue-in-cheek post on Twitter addressing Inorin's alleged issue with her lends credence to the theory they were the same person. Yuka Iguchi has also posted about it basically saying everyone should strive to be honest.

There is potential for a pretty big scandal here.
I don't know if it's for sure her or possibly someone from her staff doing it, but some of the stuff said about other seiyuu is pretty distressing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*grabs popcorn*
Not to sound sexist, but in a highly competitive field (despite not exactly being the best paid job in the world) saturated with women, it isn't surprising to see jealousy and bad-talking behind the back between the ladies. You just shouldn't get caught.
Men have it easier, if not just for the fact there are less VAs and less roles. Also, because men.
I guess public persona's and what you preset on-screen is just that, a presentation, though you'd just like to think everyone gets along as well as they do at shows or radios...
Old 2024-04-13, 17:15   Link #1685
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yui Ogura's agency has released a statement that they're considering taking legal action.

This could have career ending repercussions if Inori Minase is found to really be Doyakonga. Really hope it's just an unhinged staff member.
Old 2024-04-13, 22:29   Link #1686
larethian

Kind of a mixed bag of being sad, disappointed and concerned. It will be such a pity if her career really ended like this.

Purely MY OPINION here, but I believe there could be at the very least some half-truths in it. Inorin does (or did) have a 毒舌 segment in her radio show, and her acerbic wit about random slice of life stuff and when replying to fan letters is often pretty funny and entertaining. Having listened to her radio show for quite a while in the past, from the impressions I gained, I could totally see the possibility of Inorin shit-talking and gossiping with her agency staff behind the scenes. As to whether Doyakonga is actually Inorin herself or a staff member who could be a member of Inorin's shit-talking clique (if it exists at all), I honestly feel both could be equally possible. Again, just purely my opinion formed from impressions.

That said, from the current superficial evidence, I feel it's kind of hard to prove that Doyakonga and Inorin are the same person, so I feel it's kind of unlikely that Chan Yui's agency will utilize resources for a difficult civil suit. Though making such a public statement could have an intimidating effect on the actual perpetrator and serve as a sort of deterrence and as an indirect warning message. It would be a different story if it's a joint suit with the agencies of other affected VAs. The hacking excuse is definitely sus; if it were true, they should have mentioned reporting it to the police, close the account and start a new one instead.

On a side note, I heard Sakurai Takahiro in both Tensei Slime and Euphonium this season. Has things blown over for him, or is he still getting flak from online communities, if anyone knows?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 03:53   Link #1687
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Yui Ogura's agency has released a statement that they're considering taking legal action.
Is there a source? I couldn't find it

Quote:
On a side note, I heard Sakurai Takahiro in both Tensei Slime and Euphonium this season. Has things blown over for him, or is he still getting flak from online communities, if anyone knows?
He's been outed from some anime and definitely has less roles these days, but it seems some companies think its okay for him to continue in roles he already previously played
As far as online goes, his sexts will forever exist as a meme. Don't worry, I'm sure he will enjoy Euphorium, since anime girls, especially younger ones, are generally drawn without much hair down there. The way he likes it.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2024-04-14, 18:20   Link #1688
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
No, sorry. I saw it posted on Reddit and the guy seemed trustworthy but I should have looked for a real source before posting it. I don't speak Japanese (or more like, I can't read Kanji) so I only have access to second-hand information, and not many English speaking sites are reporting on this whole mess.
Old 2024-04-14, 22:24   Link #1689
larethian

Quote:
Quote:
No, sorry. I saw it posted on Reddit and the guy seemed trustworthy but I should have looked for a real source before posting it. I don't speak Japanese (or more like, I can't read Kanji) so I only have access to second-hand information, and not many English speaking sites are reporting on this whole mess.
It was in a post on the agency site itself. The top one (10 Apr): https://stylecube.jp/
Spoilers
Spoiler for translation

This is the CEO X account: https://twitter.com/takamiyukihisa
He not only quoted the agency's official announcement above, but also made a separate tweet regarding the matter: https://x.com/takamiyukihisa/status/1778010056040288715

Spoilers
Spoiler for translation
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-15, 06:26   Link #1690
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks!

Chances of escalation are definitely real. Has Inori Minase's agency not released any statement yet? Are they hoping it's just going to blow over?

The more they wait, the more I think it really was Inori. If it was a staff member, they wouldn't have hesitated to throw them to the wolves.
Old 2024-04-17, 22:45   Link #1691
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Since they haven't made any apologies or anything and Minase is posting as if nothing has happened again, I have a feeling that at least on Minase's side, they are gonna try and play the ignore route
Strange action if she's innocent. They should ask the police to trace the IP of the person slandering their talent.

If she's innocent, that is

Quote:
It was in a post on the agency site itself. The top one (10 Apr): https://stylecube.jp/
Oh this one. Meh. Just a warning. Not really implying they have intentions to go legal action on whoever Doyakonga (fake) is.
Don't forget that Doyakonga (fake) only exists because she lost an argument with the real Doyakonga account and decided to steal his name

Old 2024-04-20, 17:09   Link #1692
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Haven't heard anything since so I guess Inori and her agency are going to keep their heads buried in the sand and wait until it blows over. The storm already seems to have died down quite a bit. It was entertaining while it lasted.
Old 2024-04-21, 00:50   Link #1693
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Oh well, at least we get to joke about Doyakonga and her actions whenever she plays any character that says anything negative about others