AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-23, 16:45   Link #61
Archaic

Great show, but the ending really could've been a lot better executed than it was, in both the anime and the manga. But then, there's always fanfiction to correct that, so don't let a screwed up ending ruin the series for you.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 06:24   Link #62
Darkling
Kana's Oniichan

I loved the ending - it was sweet and it made me cry. I wouldn't call it 'screwed up' by any means. I haven't read the manga, so I'm commenting exclusively on the anime here. But I didn't feel that anything was left unresolved or unjustified.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 10:32   Link #63
Archaic

This is all going by the manga, but....

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-27, 19:56   Link #64
Ongaku_no_tenshi
Shine your light on thee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
This is all going by the manga, but....

Spoiler:

Wow....that's dark arlright. Almost totally oposite of the anime. I've finished the anime series, by the way. And I absolutely loved it. This anime is now one of favorite shows. But after reading your post, I really want to read the manga to experience the author's story as it was intended.
Ongaku_no_tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 08:51   Link #65
Archaic

A number of groups are fanscanning the manga ATM, though the quality varies greatly. Translations aren't bad, but some scans could be better. I expect they were pulled from Ribon rather than from the collected volumes. In any case, download them for the translations (Or use the scripts on Pink Chibi's page), and order the original mangas somewhere online (or through me even *points to location*). You won't be disappointed. Be warned in advance though, I only scratched the surface of some of the darker goings on in the manga above. There's a lot more angst in there.
Old 2004-07-28, 09:33   Link #66
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Hmm... I think in the anime Takuto also
Spoiler:

Quote:
I loved the ending - it was sweet and it made me cry. I wouldn't call it 'screwed up' by any means. I haven't read the manga, so I'm commenting exclusively on the anime here.
I think the anime ending is definitely not screwed up, but imo a bit too... Deus Ex Machina... I mean, with
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 11:16   Link #67
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-30, 15:39   Link #68
Sun-Ku

Great Anime, now one of my Favorites.
BTW the song "SMILE" looks like the Ayumi Hamasaki Dome Tour 2001
Old 2004-08-29, 05:33   Link #69
angelic_halo

Full Moon wo Sagashite

Does anyone know the ending to this anime?
You can also post wot u think abt this anime here.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-08-29 at 05:55. Reason: Threads merged
angelic_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 07:42   Link #70
Darkling
Kana's Oniichan

Yes, I know the ending to this anime.

I think the series is great. 52 episodes, and the pacing rarely if ever lags. I know some people have issues with the early 'career-building' stuff, but at least those eps are still entertaining and funny.

Mitsuki is a wonderfully endearing heroine - optimistic, caring and kawaii. I like Takuto and Meroko, too.

The story takes some unexpected and emotional twists, and the music, perhaps needless to say, is rather catchy.

One of my favourite anime series.
Old 2004-08-29, 12:29   Link #71
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
I hope some France's edition get's picked up (I suggested it to Pika already). I really want to read the manga version. I skiped the manga spoilers you said because of this. I can't seem to find any scanlations that goes beyond chapter 4 I think. But I found some that picks up from Volume 4 or 5. They say they have it on IRC, but then I get there and no one has it listed.
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 21:03   Link #72
Archaic

Where are you looking for those scanlations? I haven't been picking them up for a while now (Mainly because I can read the original volumes now), but I should still have some of the chapters floating around my HDD somewhere that I could send you.
Old 2004-08-29, 21:40   Link #73
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
I'm using manganews.net to find scanlations mainly. I find rather similar to Animesuki except for Manga, as they only keep track of what's unlicensed. Anyway I sent you a PM.
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 02:55   Link #74
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Would anyone know who does the voices for Takuto, Wakaoji, and Meroko because Animenfo only shows Mitsuki and her grandma.
Old 2004-08-30, 04:27   Link #75
Darkling
Kana's Oniichan

According to www.animenewsnetwork.com:

Chieko Honda as Meroko Yui

Yasuo Saitou as Takuto Kira

Teruaki Ogawa as Keiichi Wakaouji
Old 2004-08-30, 19:40   Link #76
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Personally I was started to get bored/annoyed by the repetitiveness of the first 40 or so episodes (filler blah blah sing a song filler blah ect..) But the closure of the series was just awesome ^_^
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 07:17   Link #77
Lupus

I wasn't so keen on it at the beginning, seemed pointless cute stuff, but it soon began to get really good. The song "Myself" got rather repetitive though >.< After about episode 40 I could barely stop watching, with all the cliff hangers!
I thought that the ending was really going to screw up, but it didn't. It turned out really well and I didn't expect it at all, it didn't seem hurried or anything
Lupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 04:01   Link #78
ferthepoet

Question on Full Moon Wo Sagachite

just watched the wonderful episode 42.... now I have a question, on the early episodes I was under the impression that it was mentioned that Eichi was also a cancer patient who was send to America to receive a special treatment, also he seemed to be not interested romantically in Mitzuki, he seemed to see her as a young sister while she was the one crushed one sided on him (That´s a logical type of relationship fora a 15 year old guy and a 9 year old girl) but in the later episodes they build him as a total go get her romantic type of guy... are this writing inconsistences or did I misunderstood the early episodes.......
ferthepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 06:13   Link #79
Darkling
Kana's Oniichan

I'm afraid I don't remember any mention of Eichi having cancer. I was under the impression that he'd simply been adopted by a couple who lived in America. He just lived at the same orphanage as Mitsuki.

As for his relationship with Mitsuki, I suppose it could be argued that he saw her as a little sister, not a romantic prospect - though I think the show definitely steers in the direction of him loving her romantically. After all, he was the one who promised Mitsuki that they'd meet again someday, and made her promise that they'd pursue their dreams in the meantime.
Old 2004-09-05, 09:05   Link #80
Archaic

Spoiler for For Eichi in the manga:

Tags
comedy, musical