AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-31, 09:03   Link #361
mechdra

Negi is dead and there is no doubt about it. If he is alive, he would have meet Asuna when she wakes up from her long slumber.

Reading back chapter 352, there are some interesting things.
1. Eva's house is still there. Maybe we will see Eva and Touta staying there
2. Mahora is still there.
Ayaka's great grandchildren look somewhat like Konoka and Setsuna. Is this a coincidence or Touta or his descendant will marry Ayaka's descendant.
3. There is some changes with Negi's grave site. It seems like Touta's parent's grave is not there with Negi's grave. This grave seems to be near to Mahora by the looks of it. Did Negi have multiple grave? Or he died twice?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 09:26   Link #362
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Negi is dead and there is no doubt about it. If he is alive, he would have meet Asuna when she wakes up from her long slumber.
It's a couple of decades to the future before Asuna wakes up late.

This is Timeline B where Asuna ends up. Timeline A is Chao's future. Timeline C is where magic was revealed earlier and the Negima epilogue.

Its been hinted with Mana's epilogue that Mars independence war causes Asuna to keep sleeping.

This Evangeline is that same one in the future whom Asuna met then it makes sense that she asked Chao to send Asuna back.

Cause ending up alone is something she herself experienced. While she wanted Touta to live she also cursed him with immortality. Part selfishness part regret for Evangiline.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 09:32   Link #363
dragon1412

Quote:

Reading back chapter 352, there are some interesting things.
1. Eva's house is still there. Maybe we will see Eva and Touta staying there
2. Mahora is still there.
Ayaka's great grandchildren look somewhat like Konoka and Setsuna. Is this a coincidence or Touta or his descendant will marry Ayaka's descendant.
3. There is some changes with Negi's grave site. It seems like Touta's parent's grave is not there with Negi's grave. This grave seems to be near to Mahora by the looks of it. Did Negi have multiple grave? Or he died twice?
good arguments but the evidence is not concrete enough since :
- The fact that he didn't Asuna when she wake up is not enough to conclude he is dead, while it's true that it's against Negi's personality, it's still didn't decisive enough to conclude that he is dead, and Ken pulled the same thing with Nagi in Negima.
- depends on timeline and the nature of paradox Ken is using, if he using the parallel timeline, the evidence can only hold true for 1 timeline, and Negi already avert 1 before, there lies possible chance that's it's already different timeline from the time where Asuna met chao and eva in the future, thus make it rather unpredictable or to phrase it more simpler, it's an independent future timeline from the future timelines mentioned in negima.
Edit : who care anyway, LOLI EVA is back my friends !!!
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 10:52   Link #364
mechdra

I guess this is probably the first timeline. The reason behind this is Negi's grave site. Touta's parent's grave did not appear in the second timeline which means Negi ended up with someone that will not produce Touta's mother. However, both timeline shows that Negi died on the same year. It makes me wonder what really happenned to him. Could some one who leaps through diffrent dimention choose to kill him on the same year? This could be interesting
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 11:46   Link #365
chaosprophet

Quote:

As someone mentioned, there may be a good reason Eva lied, or there is also the possibility that Negi isn't dead yet, but will die before the time Asuna awoke. All in all there is many ways Ken could go about this, with Negi being dead or not. We will have to wait and see.

On the matter of the grave I think multiple graves may be possible. If Negi really died, considering what he became, it's very unlikely he would have left any body behind. Any grave is more likely something for show, and it wouldn't be surprising if there were a few around like on the village he was born, in mahora, etc.
Old 2013-08-31, 12:20   Link #366
ReddyRedWolf

From 4chan which he got from 2ch.

Quote:
Text Spoilers from 2ch: http://ikura.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/wcomic/1377957309/3
道中ある村で結城忍という女の子(か?)と出会い、空飛ぶバイクを直してあげた。
忍も塔に行きたらしく、塔の先では8年に一回「太陽系オリンピック」が開催されてて、
忍の夢はそれに出場する事。忍のおじはタカミチそっくり?忍と出会ってる間に
雪姫が元の少女(エヴァ)の姿に。雪姫は特製の年齢詐称魔法薬を使って姿を変えてた。

My Japanese isn't that good to translate all but what I can take from it: They met a girl on the way, name is Yuuki Shinobu, she help fixing their flying bike (or they help hers). She wants to participate on the Solar System Olympics that happens once every 8 years and will be happening soon. Apparently her uncle looks a lot like Takamichi. The rest of text spoilers seems to be what we saw on that spoiler pic.
Shinobu? Well that is nostalgic.
Old 2013-08-31, 12:45   Link #367
Chris38

^ Yeah, thanks for the info.

Considering that she appeared on the color pages in the first chapter, I'm guessing that some kind of incident is going to occur during that particular event.

Maybe we will be given some hints on who is going to be the first antagonist for this manga ?

After all, considering Ken's style ... I doubt that Touta's and Evangeline's journey is going to be a peaceful walk in the park
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 14:22   Link #368
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Shinobu? Well that is nostalgic.
Of course, these days, the first thing that comes to mind now when I think of Shinobu isn't a certain Love Hina girl who could be considered "proto-Nodoka", but rather a certain girl with an obsession with blonde foreigners (the hard part is who to see dressed up as Evangeline: Alice or Karen?).

Looks like this chapter will be much better than I was expecting (of course, that was more based on a Twitter post I read yesterday suggesting that this chapter will lack any major development, while it does appear that we're introduced to the first traveling companion in Touta and Evangeline's party).
Old 2013-08-31, 15:04   Link #369
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
^
Today, found it on /a/:
Spoiler:
It's Loli Eva! SQUEEEEEE--
Adult Eva is sexy but loli Eva is still the best Eva, after all.
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 16:14   Link #370
Tenzen12

Lolicon duh

Just knowing whole two panels are wasted on loli instead of Yukihimes adult cuteness make depressed...
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:50   Link #371
chaosprophet

I'm a proud lolicon~

Although I wouldn't be surprised a lot of people like to see loli Eva, and may like that form more because that's the form they're used to from reading Negima. Eva appeared in 1945 panels during 154 chapters in Negima. Only less than 5% of those panels she should have been in an adult form.
Old 2013-09-01, 09:06   Link #372
aswad

can someone answer is this manga UQ Holder a continuation of a another manga thats finished called negima something ?
aswad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 09:10   Link #373
dragon1412

more like a sequel rather than a continuation, as the story so far can be considered a standalone story with relation to negima, the story happened in years later of negima, that's all.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 09:46   Link #374
aswad

1. so its a spin off
2. the oringinal manga is it called negima
aswad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 09:48   Link #375
chaotix37
Rolling Rolling Loli ♬♩

I don't care if she's a loli or a hottie as long as we have the Vampire Evangeline Atanasha Kitty McDowell iirc. without her, it will be a huge impact.
Old 2013-09-01, 09:52   Link #376
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswad View Post
1. so its a spin off
Mahou Sensei Negima. Look it up.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 10:24   Link #377
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswad View Post
1. so its a spin off
It is a spinoff-sequel, much in the same way Star Trek: Deep Space 9 was to [b]Star Trek: The Next Generation[/n] - some crossover characters and set in the same universe, picking up some plot threads from the first, but its own title just the same.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 11:43   Link #378
Tenzen12

More like Star Trek: new generation to Original Star trek
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 12:26   Link #379
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
More like Star Trek: new generation to Original Star trek
More like Star Trek Prime verse to Star Trek 2009 Alternate Reality.

Given Magic was revealed much later instead of earlier as per the epilogue with Yue this very likely the timeline where Asuna never went back in time.

Which makes me wonder if there will be an arc where Touta travels to that timeline. Either meeting his alternate self or learning he doesn't exist as there are different circumstances... Such as he wasn't born or he has a gender bent version.
Old 2013-09-01, 13:56   Link #380
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
More like Star Trek Prime verse to Star Trek 2009 Alternate Reality.

Given Magic was revealed much later instead of earlier as per the epilogue with Yue this very likely the timeline where Asuna never went back in time.
The thing is, we only have like... 4 chapter of content after Asuna was sealed. So even if UQ is on the timeline Asuna is sealed, it still would be canon with 99% of the events on manga. So not that much of an AU.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love