AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 15 17.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 37.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 24.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.15%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.30%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-21, 00:27   Link #221
Strikefreedom117

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
This episode had some good bits, but Inaho becomes more savant and unbearable by the week. How can Inaho fight as well in space as he does on Earth with no training? How can he figure out Hime is a fake though voice reflection? Did he have training on that too like his training on fighting in space? It's Gary Stu to the highest order.
its becasue back in S1, he told her about the rayleigh effect, the fake doesnt know about that
Old 2015-01-21, 02:38   Link #222
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Did season 1 have an epilogue?
Not unless you count an epilogue (can a show that's just taking a planned break mid season even really have one?) as what they showed at the end of episode 13.
Old 2015-01-21, 03:09   Link #223
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Not unless you count an epilogue (can a show that's just taking a planned break mid season even really have one?) as what they showed at the end of episode 13.
Wait, what did they show at the end of episode 13 that would be considered an epilogue?
Old 2015-01-21, 10:13   Link #224
jpwong

Well not quite the end end of the episode, but they showed us exactly what happened in the moments right after episode 12 happens. You know, the whole sequence where Slaine whisks away Asseylum and Inaho is saved.

That's the only thing I could specifically consider even remotely as an "epilogue" scene, otherwise everything episode 13 onward is your epilogue since it's the rest of season 1
Old 2015-01-21, 12:37   Link #225
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

YEAH, if everyone would stick to their own childhood friends, THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

Now OP sequence is scaring me... maybe Seylum is going to kick the bucket by the end of the series after all. It's one thing showing her disappearing to one of the leads, but to both? Now that Lemirina is in the show, I really fear for her safety. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2015-01-21, 12:52   Link #226
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikefreedom117 View Post
its becasue back in S1, he told her about the rayleigh effect, the fake doesnt know about that
Don't be daft. His omnipotence is a cumulation of his actions. He defeated the Martian in episode 13 by himself. He used his computer skills to determine stress patterns in the fake Asseylum's voice by himself. He defeated Slaine/Sazzabaum's group in episode 14 by himself. Inko, Rayat and everyone else on the Terran side contributed nothing to the battlefield. The Rayleigh Effect plot point is not an issue by itself in the context of the story. That plot point combined with everything else that is happening is.
Old 2015-01-21, 12:59   Link #227
leelee85

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
YEAH, if everyone would stick to their own childhood friends, THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

Now OP sequence is scaring me... maybe Seylum is going to kick the bucket by the end of the series after all. It's one thing showing her disappearing to one of the leads, but to both? Now that Lemirina is in the show, I really fear for her safety. XD
But will she Kick the bucket that's is the Question
Old 2015-01-21, 15:53   Link #228
Irenesharda

Quote:
It was kind of a small spoken one at the end of episode 12. Yuki's speech at the end about the battle that day and Asseylum disappearing, can be considered an epilogue.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-21, 17:13   Link #229
Arya

Quote:
Saazbaum has betrayed people so long as it fits his goal. Essentially, Slaine's only advantage was gone the moment they stepped into Saazbaum's other base.
And until Slaine fits with it he shouldn't worry. As I said, he made a bet. As such it could have gone all wrong as instead working. The relevance I'm trying to point out, or better to speculate, is that for the first time Slaine didn't put the Princess as a top priority, because otherwise the better choice would have been to surrender to Inaho and kill Saazbaum. He instead decided otherwise following his now defined goal to reform the Martian system. He decided to bet on himself for once. Even putting Asseylum's life at risk of Saazbaum betrayal. Even if he is voluntarily going against her beliefs.
And in fact it's not by chance that as a result things are going well instead as the usual that always went beyond south.

Quote:
Asseylum is relevant as long as Slaine thinks she's relevant and as long as they keep using her image and voice to further promote the war. Slaine himself is an added bonus, but I don't see him being necessary to Saazbaum's plan other than being a good soldier.
Asseylum is not an asset anymore the moment Lemrina was brought in. They don't need her to use her image or voice. They could have done the same even without her body. Slaine instead with the sole fact to be there could also work to better cover Lemrina act.

Slaine instead is not just an added bonus he is the Terran-Martian Hero, he was the one who brought back a dying Saazbaum and most importantly an almost died princess. Add to this is origins together with his new powers and Tharsis and the picture is complete, I can see him being a politically influential and inspiring figure to be used within the Martian system. Saazbaum is after all still an old gear of the old system. Slaine would surely work much better as a revolutionary leader/figurehead than him. So no, he is not just a good soldier.
As a sid note, I think that both Saaz and Slaine are aware that is just a mid-term ally, but somehow they are both confident that when the time will come they will outsmart the other.
Sort of.
Quote:
Don't take me literally, I was referring to the showdown of the first season in which all the main players faced each other. In my native language it could be used also with that meaning and I didn't check it out.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-01-21, 17:53   Link #230
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
It was kind of a small spoken one at the end of episode 12. Yuki's speech at the end about the battle that day and Asseylum disappearing, can be considered an epilogue.
Ah, right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
for the first time Slaine didn't put the Princess as a top priority
Oh, I agree. And that's exactly why I don't give him credit just because Asseylum's life was saved anyway, which is what some people are doing.
Quote:
Asseylum is not an asset anymore the moment Lemrina was brought in. They don't need her to use her image or voice. They could have done the same even without her body. Slaine instead with the sole fact to be there could also work to better cover Lemrina act.
That they still use her image and voice means that she still has some authority, which is why Saazbaum may still try to kill her if she ever awakens and if he cannot find a way to prevent her from speaking against the war again and exposing his conspiracy.
Quote:
Slaine instead is not just an added bonus he is the Terran-Martian Hero, he was the one who brought back a dying Saazbaum and most importantly an almost died princess. Add to this is origins together with his new powers and Tharsis and the picture is complete, I can see him being a politically influential and inspiring figure to be used within the Martian system. Saazbaum is after all still an old gear of the old system. Slaine would surely work much better as a revolutionary leader/figurehead than him. So no, he is not just a good soldier.
And that's all good, but it's cherry on top of a cake/pie or however the saying goes. It makes it easier for Saazbaum, but his plan did not depend on Slaine being there. If Slaine is there, Saazbaum will gladly use him, but if not, the plan will still be done.

That's what I meant by not being necessary. Of course, as a counter to Inaho, Slaine will be necessary just for the sake of the plot, and vice versa. But I'm talking as far as Saazbaum's original planning and overall goal are concerned.
Old 2015-01-22, 09:39   Link #231
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Lemrina is going to be a problem. Now that we know she is a bottom of the barrel princess in other words illegitimate because her mother was not the empress. She envied Asseylum and clearly admits she will take everything that was hers, including Slaine. If she only knew who her sister really had eyes for lol. Her jealously and resentment of her family will become a huge problem later and she is only one with the activation ability on their side. When she kissed Slaine she stated he could activate it at least once. So i guess a small type of bodily fluid transfer like saliva will give someone the activation authority temporarily. But what about Inaho who had Asseylum's blood in his system, was what we saw the only time he could activate Aldnoah or does he stll retain the ability?

I simply love how Inaho kept the orange color because "its sort of a landmark" he specifically wanted Slaine to know he's not dead and hes coming for him, he even upgraded Slaine from Bat to Pelican lol. BGM during their fight was excellent but then again this series has had excellent music from the start even the new OP is very catchy. I honestly believe Inaho is a better a pilot, he did have his new cyborg eye help him target but hes proved to be a masterful pilot in the past. Slaine had to rely on his machine's ability to predict the trajectory of incoming ordinance, without that ability i think he would have been hit several times by Inaho.

Also its seems our little maid has been talking. Slaine knows about the crew of Deucalion. He even asked if she thought the princess would be sad if they had to them. Although she has had little screen time i think Eddelrittuo is up to something.
Old 2015-01-23, 00:00   Link #232
Wanderer of Suzaku

Quote:
Also its seems our little maid has been talking. Slaine knows about the crew of Deucalion. He even asked if she thought the princess would be sad if they had to them. Although she has had little screen time i think Eddelrittuo is up to something.
I just hope that it is in favor of the Earth team. I hope she doesn't forget how they treated her and Asseylum during their stay. I am sort of positive that she will do what is best for her Princess though.

I can't trust anyone from Mars...they are always betraying each other and this season these characters look more conniving than in the past, specially that Lemrina. She's so pissed she is going to go Psycho about everything her sister has.

This episode was very good, I did not like the Inaho/Inko interaction too much but there was apurpose for it and it was to show that he has changed a bit. He does seem more relaxed.

Quote:
Slaine had to rely on his machine's ability to predict the trajectory of incoming ordinance, without that ability i think he would have been hit several times by Inaho.
I totally agree with this. Inaho's abilities are uncanny and this he has always displayed it. I believe that if he had not had the eye he still had found a way to use the battle field's environment to connect those shots too. That's why I love this character so much The comparison in mecha is extraordinarily different. Slaine has to use the Tharsis to do what he does and then we have Inaho who uses a training Cataphract! He uses this Cat to its capacity making it a force to be reckoned with! Now imagine Inaho with an Aldnoah Cataphract? That would be a sight to behold If he is a menace to the Martian army with a training Cat imagine the havoc he would wreak with one of them nifty toys

I am definitely looking forward to the next episode!
Old 2015-01-23, 16:43   Link #233
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Wow, I'm pissed I forgot to catch up with the series.. anyhow, where are the threads for S2 episodes.. I could only find 13 n 14.

I'll be catching up quick (but no binging) but seriously, episode 1 was disappointing.. Slaine is the epitome of Mir Ali or any other shameless 'civil servants'.. And whats with Inaho becoming L-elf Karlstein 2.0.. wtf, get real bit*h. The only person I feel bad/sorry for is Asseylum, shot betrayed and now cocooned in a hydroponic pod....

Still fun ride though, btw, why isn't there a mini-forum for Tokyo Ghoul, it's still a pretty good anime (I'm still very pissed off about what happened to the Claymore sub-forums!)
Old 2015-01-23, 16:59   Link #234
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post
Wow, I'm pissed I forgot to catch up with the series.. anyhow, where are the threads for S2 episodes.. I could only find 13 n 14.
The Powers that Be behind Aldnoah.Zero decided to continue the S1 numbering into S2. So far there have only been 2 episodes of S2. The episode numbers for them are 13 and 14.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2015-01-23, 22:05   Link #235
jpwong

It makes sense to continue the numbering since the series took a planned break in the middle of the season, so it's not like other shows where they finish and won't get any more episodes until someone funds a second season and it gets a big announcement and everything. Not quite sure why split cour shows are becoming so popular lately, but I guess it gives the production staff a bit of a break in between.

Do have to admit I'd like them to show some of the other people in our main crew to be just a bit better You know it's bad when Inaho is the only one who managed to hit something considering how much firepower was being shot out there. Would it have killed them to let one of Rayet or Inko's stray shots shoot someone down by luck or something
Old 2015-01-24, 05:36   Link #236
Klad

This series just fails terribly to get attention. This episode sure was little better than the first one, however I think they're going to mess up again the next one.

Regarding to Inaho's eye powers, did he just say he developed the prototype himself? So, Inaho doesn't only excel in having knowledge in actual battles, but he's also a successfull scientist who develops mass prototypes. They just overdid it with Inaho, now the series is cringe worthy only because of him. Hell, Slaine might be a better character, but he's still terrbile.
Old 2015-01-24, 06:05   Link #237
Raziel1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klad View Post
This series just fails terribly to get attention. This episode sure was little better than the first one, however I think they're going to mess up again the next one.

Regarding to Inaho's eye powers, did he just say he developed the prototype himself?
What? At no point was it stated that he developed the eye. What he said is that the eye is still a prototype and as such it can still be improved but nevertheless he can still use most of its functions.
Old 2015-01-26, 23:34   Link #238
BPD Renegade

Hmm, I thought the last episode was pretty stale and so held off on watching this one, but it ended up being a big improvement. It flew by and we learned a lot of things. Saazbaum is possibly going to overthrow the monarchy once (if) Earth is conquered, yandere younger sister, something incredibly off/fake about Slaine's servant, Inaho and Slaine officially have it out for each other...

And speaking of younger sister, extremely disliked her from the moment I saw her. It was the hair style (I hate that type of hair style -- yeah, I admit to being shallow in that regard), but seems like I have a legitimate excuse now. Ugh.
Old 2015-12-25, 08:48   Link #239
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Aldnoah.Zero XIV. The Beautiful and the Damned

I'm not complaining about this episode's setting arranging a battle between Vers Martians vs. Terrans at Earth's Orbit. The asteroid field orbiting the Earth found it a good place for a dangerous or extreme dog fight.

The problem were 1) the short-term lived duration of the battle, and 2) it wasn't as intense or adrenaline pumped like the previous one from season one.

What I can testify is that Inaho continues to clinch the top spot, as the powerhouse he is; the commesurate strategist.

Mars has his Aldnoah Knights, and yet the Earth has Inaho, and he alone can continue to decimate their forces with his genius, sharp deduction skills, and keen observational analysis, making cost-effective use of any resources, weapons, and tools available at his disposal.
Closed Thread