Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-02-04, 10:10   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by venk View Post
But really, having ability to manipulating time is little bit overpowered imo.

if there's no one who can't counter this ability, theoriticaly homura is invincible, like hiro on Heroes series.

just simply stop/slow the time, you can dominate every enemy easily
If she does have the ability to manipulate time, there are most likely limitations. It could be like The World in Jojo, i.e. the ability to stop time only for a few seconds. It would still make her overpowered, but not invincible. Based on what we saw in episode 5, I think she's either got the ability to slow time down or move very fast. I'm leaning towards the former.

Say, I'm not the only one who thinks Homura's insanely classy, am I? She has a great presence.

Old 2011-02-04, 14:56   Link #42
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Say, I'm not the only one who thinks Homura's insanely classy, am I? She has a great presence.

Simply gorgeous! Having her as a girlfriend would be really awesome. And that hair... best hair this season. So silky, I wanna touch it and go all girly. "What shampoo do you use?"
Old 2011-02-04, 15:57   Link #43
Mentar
Banned

Clearly the MUP of this show. Most Underappreciated Player.

I really feel sorry for her. Disillusioned, sober, dependable, but her gruff behavior has been causing her to be misunderstood and doubted time and time again. Warning people, being ignored, seeing her warnings realized. Saving the behinds of more people without receiving much of a thanks (Madoka's late reply in ep4 the only exception).

I hope she'll eventually be rewarded for her efforts... but I'm not holding my breath.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 17:20   Link #44
Kazu-kun

OK, is this just shitty animation (look at the walls), or does Homura really have such ability?? If it's the latter, then she's freaking Nagato, damn!!

Old 2011-02-04, 17:22   Link #45
Seihai
スマイリウム

Would be cool if someone could explain the Spatial Reconstitution Theory. Something about manipulating space and time?
Old 2011-02-04, 17:24   Link #46
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Would be cool if someone could explain the Spatial Reconstitution Theory. Something about manipulating space and time?
Yeah, something like that, specially space, as you can see in the images (provided it's not just crap animation)
Old 2011-02-04, 17:28   Link #47
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Yeah, something like that, specially space, as you can see in the images (provided it's not just crap animation)
It would be understandable if it was just crap animation. But would leave me completely confused on how she obtains so much abilities if it wasn't.
Old 2011-02-04, 17:34   Link #48
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It would be understandable if it was just crap animation. But would leave me completely confused on how she obtains so much abilities if it wasn't.
Me too. Then again, if she can manipulate matter that way, that would explain where those bombs she killed Charlotte with came from.
Old 2011-02-04, 17:34   Link #49
Seihai
スマイリウム

It's not a surprise if SHAFT was just being random again but in this case I can't really imagine that the differences were just the animation's fault. I mean, c'mon, the 2nd pic's wall looks just too different... animation wise I would have understood it more if they just showed the same wall again, since they already rehashed a scene or two in the episode.
Old 2011-02-04, 17:36   Link #50
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
It's not a surprise if SHAFT was just being random again but in this case I can't really imagine that the differences were just the animation's fault. I mean, c'mon, the 2nd pic's wall looks just too different...
Truth be told
Old 2011-02-04, 17:59   Link #51
zato_1one

I think that it would be very cool if she can manipulate both space and time. If she can only stop time then it might be a bit awkward when she helped Sayaka. I mean she had to carry Sayaka, put her on the ground and then stood on the center just to acted cool.

http://kamome.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/...1296788401/432
Old 2011-02-04, 18:30   Link #52
night_sentinel

lol ... the image of Homura carrying Sayaka and going back to the center is funny ^^, But, very unlikely to happen ...

So, assuming that background is true, Homura can also manipulate space which gives her ability to teleport. If that is true, I think spatial manipulation only happens or is a side effect of the teleportation of other objects beside herself like she did to Sayaka. Whenever she teleported herself until now back in episode 1 and episode 3 the background remained consistent...

Of course, this assumes that what Homura did in episode 1 and episode 3 are teleportation. She can be stopping time and moving to another place which is why the background remain the same. The end of episode 5 could be the first time Homura did actual teleportation which messed the space they are in a bit ...

P.S.
since Homura is depicted or closely associated with bubbles and likes to barge in at the last minute... is it possible that Homura is going to save Sayaka at the spear versus sword clash providing that Sayaka cannot block Kyoko's spear. If we look closely, time seemed to moved slowly there for a second and there is a bubble reflecting the clash between the sword and the spear. Time only moved normally when Sayaka managed to block Kyoko's spear.

Beside, Homura must be near the confrontation and watching it right?
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 18:34   Link #53
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
If we look closely, time seemed to moved slowly there for a sec and there is a bubble reflecting the clash between the sword and the spear.
I understood that as Sayaka unleashing her super speed (which we saw in ep4) for moment there. That's why the bubbles seemed to stop just during her counterattact.

Anyway, I'm now pretty convinced Hamura can manipulate time and space to some degree.
Old 2011-02-05, 04:49   Link #54
night_sentinel

You're probably right... when the fighting scene is slowing down especially if there are visual metaphor to it and knowing that Homura is near and having time manipulation is making me a bit suspicious about her involvement ...

Still I suppose that brings me back to my mental quandary... with Homura's tentative power set and being dead-set on making sure that Kyuubey did not make a contract with Madoka, how is it possible that Kyuubey survived the encounter and how is he still alive like venk pointed out to me having spatial manipulation or time manipulation or teleportation. No matter how limited they are makes it very easy for Homura to assassinate Kyuubey especially since Kyuubey seems to know little about Homura...

Option # 1 Homura is someone who only use appropriate firepower to get her objectives.

In this option, Homura refrained from using her abilities and only used what is appropriate. Using time manipulation or teleportation or spatial manipulation is a bit overkill when dealing with Kyuubey who seemed harmless. Homura being the practical person that she is just used a gun instead of a bazooka knowing that it will gain the same result. This theory would work especially if using any of the above abilities are mana-consuming or causes more corruption on her soul gem.

Option # 2 Homura has very limited offensive capability even though she has great defensive and utility feats.

Even if Homura is very hard to kill, it is very hard for her to kill someone either. To use an analogy - Teleportation, spatial manipulation and even time manipulation are just agility buffs but, it doesn't help Homura kill Kyuubey except catch up to him. If Kyuubey is tricky enough that setting up bombs won't work, this will be a long battle.
Of course, Homura supposedly have a bow but this is still unconfirmed... (though archers have the one of the highest damage in game except for mages traditionally and have the greatest range. )

Option # 3 Kyubey despite for design purpose harmless-looking is powerful or hard to kill.

Since, Kyubey claims that he can grant any wish, maybe he has some power of his own and Homura and him have an epic showdown and when he lost he tried to ask for help. Or Kyubey has some sort of invulnerability to reality warping power which Homura has and Homura must use melee? Or he has some teleportation and time manipulation of his own ...

Option # 4 Kyubey is a cunning animal.

Many of us think that Kyuubey is something akin to the devil or a manipulative bastard. How likely it is that he is going to leave himself defenceless against attack and stand in the open without allies? Maybe the Kyuubey chase only lasted for a few seconds which is not enough for Homura to finish Kyuubey and Kyuubey is always near Mami or other potential recruits for magical girls so he could always ask for help or have meat shields,

Option 5: This is a plot hole or narrative causality or we will find out in the next episode...
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 05:49   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Simply gorgeous! Having her as a girlfriend would be really awesome. And that hair... best hair this season. So silky, I wanna touch it and go all girly. "What shampoo do you use?"
I couldn't agree more. She makes me go crazy everytime she brushes her beautiful hair with her hand
She could easily become the new face of L'oreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
OK, is this just shitty animation (look at the walls), or does Homura really have such ability?? If it's the latter, then she's freaking Nagato, damn!!

-snip-
Until proven otherwise in the next episode (or later on), I'll just assume it's just Shaft being Shaft. By this, I don't mean it's shitty animation, just them being random. That's kind of what Shinbo does.
Old 2011-02-05, 07:49   Link #56
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
You're probably right... when the fighting scene is slowing down especially if there are visual metaphor to it and knowing that Homura is near and having time manipulation is making me a bit suspicious about her involvement ...
or...

0ption # 6: She can't use any ability that was influenced by her wish against her contractor,kyubey. Thus, she only can use her other ability against him.Why btw?dunno yet.XD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 09:57   Link #57
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Until proven otherwise in the next episode (or later on), I'll just assume it's just Shaft being Shaft. By this, I don't mean it's shitty animation, just them being random. That's kind of what Shinbo does.
I doubt it. Urobuchi would kill a kitten if Shinbo screws with the meaning of that scene just to be pretentious. For this project, I see Shaft restraining themselves to play with the witches mazes only; the real world seems to be deal with in a normal fashion.

But hey, we can agree to disagree.
Old 2011-02-05, 10:16   Link #58
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

This
Quote:
Option # 3 Kyubey despite for design purpose harmless-looking is powerful or hard to kill.
and this
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
or...
0ption # 6: She can't use any ability that was influenced by her wish against her contractor,kyubey. Thus, she only can use her other ability against him.Why btw?dunno yet.XD
I'm guessing this is the reason why she's not trying to kill Kyubei any more. She can't, not without surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I hope she'll eventually be rewarded for her efforts... but I'm not holding my breath.
Sad to say, i see her reward only as death. Maybe her last sentence will be "thanks for naming me Homura"
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 06:39   Link #59
Mentar
Banned

With the full Magia out as live performance, it becomes pretty evident that the ED is sung from Homura's point of view.

Should hopefully put the final nail in the coffin for the "Homura is evil" theory.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 07:06   Link #60
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
With the full Magia out as live performance, it becomes pretty evident that the ED is sung from Homura's point of view.

Should hopefully put the final nail in the coffin for the "Homura is evil" theory.
Hopefully yes...

I said this before, but...

how can possibly Homura be evil when she is the only sensible one out there...... >_>

Tags
characters