AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-12-06, 20:13   Link #8761
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Interesting...so the Horde actually do get a Warlock follower naturally? The only one the Alliance are guaranteed to get is Professor Felblast from the Steamwheedle rep grind.
Old 2014-12-06, 21:41   Link #8762
GDB

So it's Warlock that Alliance doesn't get? I'd figure it'd be Shaman (since that's the Paladin counterpart). Interesting.

*edit*

Blizzard nerfed the Salvage Yard. Again. First they lowered the drop rate for high end BoE items (fine, that makes sense). Then they made it so you only get salvage from successful missions (again, fine, that makes sense). But now you only get bags of salvage from level 90-94 missions. So you have to choose between cluttering up your mission table with useless missions to continue maybe getting Garrison Resource missions in that range, or just abandon that level range entirely.

Way to fuck it up, Blizzard. Salvage Yard was the most interesting use for small plots. And we still don't get many high level missions, so... wtf?

Last edited by GDB; 2014-12-06 at 22:56.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 00:51   Link #8763
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So it's Warlock that Alliance doesn't get? I'd figure it'd be Shaman (since that's the Paladin counterpart). Interesting.
We get Rulkan, a female Orc Enhancement Shaman that's a base 92 green. She was Nerzhul's partner but, you know, Nerzhul went to the dark side and all. So....since they're the Shadowmoon clan and that zone is Alliance only, yeah, we get her. She usually has Deadly Minions as her guaranteed counter and you don't get many while levelling so she is handy. I didn't keep her active on my main but on my alts, she's very worth.

We can also get Leorajh, the available to all Saberon Restoration Shaman that's a base 97 rare and has the handy counter to Deadly Minions.

Quote:
Blizzard nerfed the Salvage Yard. Again. First they lowered the drop rate for high end BoE items (fine, that makes sense). Then they made it so you only get salvage from successful missions (again, fine, that makes sense). But now you only get bags of salvage from level 90-94 missions. So you have to choose between cluttering up your mission table with useless missions to continue maybe getting Garrison Resource missions in that range, or just abandon that level range entirely.

Way to fuck it up, Blizzard. Salvage Yard was the most interesting use for small plots. And we still don't get many high level missions, so... wtf?
Mine's been a bit sub-par lately. My bunker has been far worse though. My salvage seems to do better on my alts now.

Although...since my Talonpriest Ishaal on my main finally reached Epic and somehow got Scavenger to go with his Epic Mount, he just became mega invaluable since he's my only counter to Magic Debuff on my main.

My monk alt - 3 epics but bleh traits, 1 green with Epic Mount, one green with Combat Experience.

My paladin alt - 1 epic with Epic Mount and Scavenger (Kimzee), 1 blue with Combat Experience and 1 green with Scavenger.

My main - 7 became epic out of the collectable ones without having to mission upgrade on top of getting the default ones from instances. Out of my 20 actives, 3 with Epic Mount, 3 with Scavenger, 3 with Burst of Power, 2 with High Stamina, 1 with Combat Experience.
Old 2014-12-07, 06:49   Link #8764
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
I still get crates from 95-100 missions, perhaps you were just unlucky?

Edit: Just got a BoE in my crate, but iLvL 359.

Edit 2: Got my first Garrison Resource mission for Lv100, needs counter to Massive Strike, Minion Swarms and Group Damage, rewards 130 resource.
Double Scavenger for 650 resource.
Old 2014-12-07, 08:24   Link #8765
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I still get crates from 95-100 missions, perhaps you were just unlucky?

Edit: Just got a BoE in my crate, but iLvL 359.
I said 90-94, and high end BoEs.
Old 2014-12-07, 09:23   Link #8766
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I couldn't get ANY weapon upgrade in the last day, so I went ahead and started the raid mission at 90%
*crosses fingers*
Old 2014-12-07, 09:27   Link #8767
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Complete noob question: since ive seen that wow has australian servers i bought the game and the expansion, ive been loving playing a mmo under 80 ping for once, ive been using my boosted 90 and i want to ask a question about raids and dungeons, how come i can only queue for 1 dungeon, there are no raids or any other dungeons in the group finder, do i have to go unlock them all manually?
Old 2014-12-07, 10:01   Link #8768
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Complete noob question: since ive seen that wow has australian servers i bought the game and the expansion, ive been loving playing a mmo under 80 ping for once, ive been using my boosted 90 and i want to ask a question about raids and dungeons, how come i can only queue for 1 dungeon, there are no raids or any other dungeons in the group finder, do i have to go unlock them all manually?
Are you sub-100?
I believe Skyreach s the only dungeon available in Draenor until 100.

At 100 you will see all of them.
Old 2014-12-07, 10:04   Link #8769
GDB

^ Pretty much this. They're level locked, so as you level you'll gain access to more of them.
Old 2014-12-07, 10:09   Link #8770
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Are you sub-100?
I believe Skyreach s the only dungeon available in Draenor until 100.
Bloodmaul Slag Mines is 90-93, Iron Docks is 93-95, Auchindoun is 95-98 and Skyreach is 97-100. The other 4 (Everbloom, Grimrail Depot, Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, Upper Blackrock Spire) are lvl 100 only and item level 590 minimum, then all 8 heroic versions are 610 minimum ilvl.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 13:17   Link #8771
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Woot, won the mission.
Unfortunately it gave me a head piece, which I already have the Molten Core one.
Still an upgrade, but was hoping I'd finally replace my PvP legs, boots, or trinkets...
Old 2014-12-07, 16:24   Link #8772
GDB

Ugh, fucking Blizzard:

Quote:
Lots of players are playing Gladiator Warrior because of how well it is doing, and will be toned down a bit.
Players are playing Gladiator Warrior because Fury is weak and Arms is more boring than watching paint dry, while Gladiator is competitive with it's mediocre (comparative to all other classes and specs) DPS. It WAS on top of meters, but then they gave it a 20% damage nerf to two of its stronger attacks, and it dropped to middle of the pack.

Quote:
Players gravitate towards the spec which deals the most damage, and Gladiator shouldn't be the answer for Warriors.
So rather than make other specs more worth playing, the answer is to nerf the only spec that people are enjoying?

Guess that seals me maining my Paladin now, though.
Old 2014-12-07, 16:34   Link #8773
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Yeah.. During my raids in Highmaul, I've noticed the warrior DPS are prot gladiators. Which kind of bugs me a bit.
Old 2014-12-07, 16:51   Link #8774
GDB

Why? The point was to make it a viable DPS spec. They accomplished that. They just failed to make Fury and Arms worth playing. So instead of doing that, they're just making it so Warriors aren't going to really be worth anything.

If it's not supposed to be viable for DPS, then what purpose does it serve? It's not the best defensive talent in that tier (Ravager I believe takes that spot), and for soloing purposes it'd be easy enough to just grab another One-Handed weapon and swap to Fury or get a Two-Hander and go Arms. This was supposed to be the Warrior class's "thing" for the expansion, and they're nerfing it because they don't know what they're doing.

*edit*

To clarify how bad Fury is at the moment, Holy Priests spamming Smite and Protection Paladins are ahead of them on the DPS charts. Arms is just boring, but is viable in terms of DPS. But my god, I've never played something so boring.

Last edited by GDB; 2014-12-07 at 17:08.
Old 2014-12-07, 18:36   Link #8775
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Don't get me started on Hunter...if there's one class that should get a freaking nerf but won't, it's Hunter....
Old 2014-12-07, 18:56   Link #8776
GDB

Actually sounds like Marksmanship Hunters will get nerfed a bit tomorrow/Tuesday, along with Windwalker Monks. But it sounds like it'll only be 5-10% at most.
Old 2014-12-07, 19:33   Link #8777
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Actually sounds like Marksmanship Hunters will get nerfed a bit tomorrow/Tuesday, along with Windwalker Monks. But it sounds like it'll only be 5-10% at most.
Good...those are the exact things that need nerfs.
Old 2014-12-07, 21:12   Link #8778
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well, nice to see they admit they had no idea what they were doing with Rain of Fire.

And yeah, I totally agree with GDB about warriors.
Old 2014-12-08, 03:24   Link #8779
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It seems they are also buffing mages for all 3 specs. Which is good for my raid team which consists of 3 mages (its a 10-12 man group).
Old 2014-12-08, 06:19   Link #8780
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It seems they are also buffing mages for all 3 specs. Which is good for my raid team which consists of 3 mages (its a 10-12 man group).
By buffing Arcane Blast and Pyroblast slightly? Doubtful. Arcane won't be viable until Haste goes through the roof - Mastery isn't enough to cutr it. Fire won't have anywhere enough crit. Frost is the way at lower stats because you can rely on Ice Lance/Frostfire Bolt procs to give the edge you need to stay competitive. But on the same token...being utterly proc reliant isn't fun, because Frostbolt is freaking weak now.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows