AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-03-16, 08:17   Link #2301
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
He does indeed like short haired girls - he's said it many times. But I don't think he'll let that impact his story, at least he hasn't yet.
Well, he's never had a long haired girl win or come close in one of his series. But I think that, (barring an eba haircut) this trend is going to stop here. I cannot forsee anybody other than Eba being the one. If Any other girl were to be picked, it wouldn't make sense plotwise, no matter who you picked. So barring an epic swerve, I think it's safe to give this one to Eba, even with Seo's short hair fetish lol.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 09:19   Link #2302
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I would say that it is still likely that we will see Eba with short hair if she will be the girl he ends up with...

You know the stupid trope - to show passing time, the girl cuts her hair... Usually when you get an epilogue a few years after the main story...

So I would say it is quite likely... Now I wonder if she will get a haircut before that.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 10:38   Link #2303
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Well, he's never had a long haired girl win or come close in one of his series.
Half & Half, Love Letter & Princess Lucia (although it's not over, the only short haired girl is guaranteed not to end up with the guy, you know that one the third page).

Quote:
But I think that, (barring an eba haircut) this trend is going to stop here. I cannot forsee anybody other than Eba being the one. If Any other girl were to be picked, it wouldn't make sense plotwise, no matter who you picked. So barring an epic swerve, I think it's safe to give this one to Eba, even with Seo's short hair fetish lol.
Yuzuki would look so bad with short hair. It would be horrible if she cut her hair short.

And I'm still hoping for a Shiho end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I would say that it is still likely that we will see Eba with short hair if she will be the girl he ends up with...

You know the stupid trope - to show passing time, the girl cuts her hair... Usually when you get an epilogue a few years after the main story...

So I would say it is quite likely... Now I wonder if she will get a haircut before that.
Should that happen, the shortest I will accept is shoulder length.
Old 2010-03-16, 11:00   Link #2304
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Half & Half and Love Letter were just one-shotish stories though... So Seo did not have had to torture himself with long hair too much.

Lucia is still on going, and the longer it gets the greater chance for the main heroine to get a haircut.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 14:40   Link #2305
wingman32x

Quote:
Half & Half, Love Letter & Princess Lucia (although it's not over, the only short haired girl is guaranteed not to end up with the guy, you know that one the third page).

Yuzuki would look so bad with short hair. It would be horrible if she cut her hair short.

And I'm still hoping for a Shiho end.

Should that happen, the shortest I will accept is shoulder length.
I don't really count his oneshots, I only count his series, but I guess if you do include them, you're right. Also, princess Lucia is only a romance by name. It's honestly just a lame attempt at an ecchi/comedy IMO.

I was kind of joking about her getting her haircut, but I agree, I don't want it to happen.
Old 2010-03-16, 16:29   Link #2306
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Thing with Half & Half and Love Letter is while a long haired lass is the focus, it's hardly a win now, is it?

In a sense it just reinforces the fact he totally favors short haired lasses.

but you what I'm with ya DragoZERO, lets go for a Shiho ending!

Aoi ending is just a dream for me but one I'll hold onto anyway
Old 2010-03-16, 19:01   Link #2307
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Thing with Half & Half and Love Letter is while a long haired lass is the focus, it's hardly a win now, is it?

Dude did you read half and half? Long haired definitely did win that round and I would have to say it's his best work to date, I mean 50 pages of pure unadulterated emotion and love. This series is so ridiculous, Haruto leaves one one harem for another harem, I just find it funny.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 19:55   Link #2308
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

The endings of both series were not the most desirable, but they were appropriate.
Spoiler for Love Letter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Dude did you read half and half? Long haired definitely did win that round and I would have to say it's his best work to date, I mean 50 pages of pure unadulterated emotion and love. This series is so ridiculous, Haruto leaves one one harem for another harem, I just find it funny.
There definitely was a lot of emotion. I think that was his breakthrough work too, right?
Old 2010-03-16, 20:00   Link #2309
wingman32x

Quote:
There definitely was a lot of emotion. I think that was his breakthrough work too, right?
You're right, that was his breakthrough work.

Half and Half was the most emotional oneshot I've ever read and the first manga of any sort to make me actually cry. It was just masterful.
Old 2010-03-16, 20:14   Link #2310
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
You're right, that was his breakthrough work.

Half and Half was the most emotional oneshot I've ever read and the first manga of any sort to make me actually cry. It was just masterful.
I mean the story wasn't all that special and the rules weren't all that interestings, and for seo's characters they were pretty bland, but man the dialogue and the connection/intimacy was just amazing.

Kimi no iru machi has some hints of that like, eba and haruto at the lake for the fireworks or say all the haruto x akari moments catch the subtlety of half and half but then there are so many countless cheesy things that he reuses. If only there was some consistency.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 21:40   Link #2311
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Don't get me wrong here, Half & Half I love, thought it was brilliant.
I actually wish we a little more of it but then also you know that it should be left the way it is cause it's great that way.
Just saying that you kinda wish it was better.

well putting that aside, I honestly hope we get some sorta juicy drama here, need something to spice things up.
Old 2010-03-16, 22:08   Link #2312
athanh8807

When a new chapter (chap 82) ?

(Sorry for my bad English)
athanh8807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 23:43   Link #2313
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I wonder why raw-paradise is holding back shounen magazine raws?
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 03:24   Link #2314
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I wonder why raw-paradise is holding back shounen magazine raws?
I don't think they're holding them back. It's just that whoever normally uploads them hasn't done so the past couple of weeks. Half the magazine was missing last week.
Old 2010-03-17, 04:53   Link #2315
Jarppa

I read somewhere that heiji-sama stopped providing raws. That prolly is cause of low releases. If its true I mean.
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 07:38   Link #2316
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarppa View Post
I read somewhere that heiji-sama stopped providing raws. That prolly is cause of low releases. If its true I mean.
Heiji-sama has stopped scannig, so if the new scanner is not interested in Kimi no Iru Machi when we will need to find another source for this manga.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 08:15   Link #2317
mammothb

D: meaning we might not get Kimi no Iru Machi even if it comes out this week in Japan?
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 10:14   Link #2318
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
so if the new scanner is not interested in Kimi no Iru Machi when we will need to find another source for this manga.
well, at least they listed at their site that kimi will come back at 17/3 so we can safely assume that he (or she) will scan it.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 11:03   Link #2319
athanh8807

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
well, at least they listed at their site that kimi will come back at 17/3 so we can safely assume that he (or she) will scan it.
"Kimi will come back at 17/3" ? Are you sure ?
athanh8807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 11:36   Link #2320
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
#16 (17/03) :

Bloody Monday - Season 2 (Lead Color)
Makoto Raiku / Dôbutsu no Kuni Bangai-hen - Monoko no ko (One Shot)
Kimi no Iru Machi (Come Back)
Hanagata, Air Gear (Absent)
This is what they post on the site, so I expected this to come out on next monday as they usually release it ( at my timezone GMT+7 around 4 - 5 am ) but I hope they post it sooner, 2 weeks without it is like torture to me
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life