AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-06-17, 02:16   Link #101
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnos007 View Post
Exactly!! Before Jiraiya fought Pain, when he unsealed the scroll frog, he told the frog he doesnt think it was a NATURAL DISASTER that someone was behind it. If there was a kyuubi jinchuriki then kyuubi being released like that cant possibly be considered a natural disaster. The frog replied saying that there wasnt anyone alive capable of CONTROLLING the kyuubi and Jiraiya said Madara.
not exactly... Jinchurikis have been known to loose control in the past. Like that guy from cloud told Naruto, the 8-tails lost control numerous times and needed to be resealed up... and as we saw with the kyuubi, the more Naruto looses control, the more like the actual kyuubi he becomes... Essentially, it COULD have been the case that Kushina just finally lost control and went full nine tails, and thus the nine tails rampaged... and that's why it could be called a natural disaster

though i do still agree, that its strange that no one told Naruto about kushina and the kyuubi...
Really, i have yet to hear solid reasoning as to why EVERYTHING about his parents needed to be kept a secret... they gave no more than the very vague idea that it would have been dangerous... y'know, aside from "kishi wanted to keep it a surprise"...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 03:17   Link #102
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow. Kushina the previous host? This is intersting...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 03:28   Link #103
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
not exactly... Jinchurikis have been known to loose control in the past. Like that guy from cloud told Naruto, the 8-tails lost control numerous times and needed to be resealed up... and as we saw with the kyuubi, the more Naruto looses control, the more like the actual kyuubi he becomes... Essentially, it COULD have been the case that Kushina just finally lost control and went full nine tails, and thus the nine tails rampaged... and that's why it could be called a natural disaster

though i do still agree, that its strange that no one told Naruto about kushina and the kyuubi...
Really, i have yet to hear solid reasoning as to why EVERYTHING about his parents needed to be kept a secret... they gave no more than the very vague idea that it would have been dangerous... y'know, aside from "kishi wanted to keep it a surprise"...
But the fact that a jinchuriki is involved doesnt make it a NATURAL disaster, more like a MAN MADE disaster.
Also on a side note, Naruto only pulled out 5 tails worth of Kyuubi.... I'm not exactly surprised that Kyuubi still made that big ball of chakra. But why didnt naruto keep going?
I guess in that way Kishi could have extended the fight so that naruto would get the other 4 tails.
Also I'm quite interested in the seal and shit that appeared on naruto when he absorbed all that chakra. Kyuubi mentioned the sage of 6 paths. I would love for this to be explained further... maybe later on. But definitely needs to be expressed more.
I'm also wondering about the restraints that appeared on kyuubi when the seal was reactivated. I cant quite see what happened to that chakra ball that kyuubi made at the last moment. If someone can see it please tell me.
Also the cage looks different. Might have something to do with the riddoku sennin. Maybe that is the what the riddoku sennin's seal was with the juubi. This cage needs to be explained more.
I think that the kyuubi attack 16 yrs ago will be explained later on too. How Kushina was involved etc. It has to be its too huge of a subject to ignore. Its how the whole manga started with.
Also why did kyuubi degrade a bit? his face lost alot of "skin and fur" if you can call it that.
I'm still confused and a bit disappointed with why naruto only stopped at 5 tails worth of kyuubi... Could this just be a training session for naruto to learn how to draw out kyuubis chakra later on when he needs to? It needs to be explained more. I cant say i was expecting this conclusion. I was expecting naruto to seperate all the chakra from the will and only seal the chakra, pissing off kyuubis will. what does everyone think?
Old 2010-06-17, 03:42   Link #104
nines
I much prefer the 2d

We already know that Danzo, and the Village Elders have already hidden a ton of info from the village and even the hokages. Sarutobi knew of the Uchia massacre. But im betting not even Minato/Elders/Kushinada told anyone about the kyuubi being inside Kushinada for the benefit of the village, since all the other crazy stuff thats been done for the better of the village...which by now anyone can tell is a lot because of Danzo, its not unbelievable to think that this info was hidden and changed.

As for the mentioning of the Rikudo Sage, seeing how Naruto had the necklace of the Sage of the Six Paths around him on page 12 after absorbing the power of the Kyuubi, im assuming majorly that when Nagato hit Naruto in Konans paper tree with the Chakara Controller Pole or what ever that was called after reviving all of Konoha he helped Naruto out with controlling the kyuubi. That or the place that Killer Bee took naruto was created by the Rikudo Sage and made for the purpose of controlling the bijuus.
Old 2010-06-17, 04:15   Link #105
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Nice addition, I'd never imagined that Kushina was the previous Kyuubi Jinchuriki.
Old 2010-06-17, 04:39   Link #106
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

You know, Naruto (the manga) is so much more interesting when its focused on Naruto (the character). The mom-son reunite, the Kushina love story, and now... her being the previous jinchuriki? I'm loving this.

Between last chapter and this chapter? I'm enjoying myself immensely.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 05:13   Link #107
Sassu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
You know, Naruto (the manga) is so much more interesting when its focused on Naruto (the character). The mom-son reunite, the Kushina love story, and now... her being the previous jinchuriki? I'm loving this.

Between last chapter and this chapter? I'm enjoying myself immensely.
Meh I'd rather read Sasuke, he's way more interesting than Naruto.
Sassu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 05:56   Link #108
Nite-Wing

I like this development
The sooner he finishes up naruto's story and reveals about the Kyubi attack. The sooner we get back to Madara and sasuke.
That way once the plot moves back to them no one can complain about wanting to see naruto because his story will have already been told.
Old 2010-06-17, 06:27   Link #109
Bombo
TSF Fans

After all this years ...Finally we will know about the incident 16 years ago ^^
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 06:41   Link #110
yakumo-chan

did the kyubbi become a good guy or not??

because the hachibi become a good guy..... why is it that the kyubi did not????
Old 2010-06-17, 07:18   Link #111
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
did the kyubbi become a good guy or not??

because the hachibi become a good guy..... why is it that the kyubi did not????
The Kyuubi didn't become a good guy. He's more pissed off than ever.

Conquering the bijuu doesn't automatically reform it. Rikodou Sennin had complete mastery of the Juubi but it still remained evil, which is why the sage made sure to seal it in the moon when his death was approaching.

But Naruto did seem to show great sympathy towards the Kyuubi at the end, apologized to him and told him to "wait", so it seems like Naruto doesn't consider the fox an enemy and has some kind merciful action planned for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx

Well, if that really turned out to be the scenario then it's understandable why Naruto was spared the truth. Telling an orphan kid that his mother got possessed by a demon, went on a rampage of destruction and killing before having to be stopped by his father using a jutsu which killed them both, oh and BTW, that same demon is now inside you and the exact same thing could happen to you one day would be a little.... y,know traumatizing.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 08:05   Link #112
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
The Kyuubi didn't become a good guy. He's more pissed off than ever.

Conquering the bijuu doesn't automatically reform it. Rikodou Sennin had complete mastery of the Juubi but it still remained evil, which is why the sage made sure to seal it in the moon when his death was approaching.

But Naruto did seem to show great sympathy towards the Kyuubi at the end, apologized to him and told him to "wait", so it seems like Naruto doesn't consider the fox an enemy and has some kind merciful action planned for him

then why did the hachibi(eight tails) turns into a good guy???
Old 2010-06-17, 08:21   Link #113
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
And now we know Nartuo was the son of Superman and Wonder Woman. He was born with special chakra that made him the only suitable host for the Kyuubi if something happened to his mother. Naruto was destined from birth for his role. Maybe even conception. He was bred for greatest. Nothing Naruto has done has changed his destiny. Everything was foreseen in the Toad Sage's prophecy. Everything was predetermined. Bleh

Kishimoto. You have failed epically. Your whole point about destiny with Neji turned out to be a huge pile of b.s.
Sadly, this is the biggest revelation in this chapter.
Old 2010-06-17, 08:44   Link #114
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassu View Post
Meh I'd rather read Sasuke, he's way more interesting than Naruto.
I can't say I'm fond of Naruto but how exactly is Sasuke more interesting? For me he is like a lame image of Pein...
Sasuke: Everyone will know my PAIN!

All he does is being an ass with only one thing stuck in his head.
So basicly they both are lame.

I myself right now would prefer to see some other side characters, take same Karin. I'm more interested to see what she is doing in Konoha.
Or zombie Akatsuki...

P.S. Somehow Kushina being ex-jinchuriki didn't suprise me... duno why.
Old 2010-06-17, 09:18   Link #115
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I keep tellin' ya'll, Kushina let the Kyuubi go...or at least that's my prediction...
I wouldn't have agreed because if she just "let it go" what's she doing in this spirit world with it and Naruto now? If she separated herself from it before it was sealed in Naruto, than I wouldn't expect her to have any reason to be here now, but if she became the Kyuubi by loosing control, it's almost understandable.

That said, Naruto's line about not keeping the Kyuubi in there for long and sympathetic way of speaking to it makes me wonder if you are right. It sounds like he's already thinking of letting it go after a time (after using it to kick Tobi or Sasuke's butt). Still though the idea seems a bit weird. Why would any jinchuuriki let a rampaging demon go? It benefits their power greatly and protects everyone else from it's power. I mean, does he just expect it to move off to summon town and sit around having beers with all the frogs?

If they try to say the only reason the Kyuubi is pissed off all the time is because of Madara... well, I can almost see Kishi doing just that.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 09:52   Link #116
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
I have major doubts that many people in Konoha, if anyone, knew Kushina was a jinchuuriki or that the Kyuubi was ever the village's bijuu. Mainly because of the way Konoha handled the Kyuubi attacking.
[...]
Your logic is sound and trully it's the first thing that came to my mind as well when Kushina said that but that's assuming Kishimoto decided to make sense which, I'm sure you agree, is kind of a stretch of the imagination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I can't say I'm fond of Naruto but how exactly is Sasuke more interesting? [...]
I myself right now would prefer to see some other side characters, take same Karin. I'm more interested to see what she is doing in Konoha.
Or zombie Akatsuki...
That's why.
Sasuke has become a risible caricature of himself (which is an achievement by itself considering the archetype he already was) rambling about hatred with evil chuckle on top but when he is the focus of the story we usually get to see more from the rest of the world and the others characters instead of this borefest of a training.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
And now we know Nartuo was the son of Superman and Wonder Woman. He was born with special chakra that made him the only suitable host for the Kyuubi if something happened to his mother. Naruto was destined from birth for his role. Maybe even conception. He was bred for greatest. Nothing Naruto has done has changed his destiny. Everything was foreseen in the Toad Sage's prophecy. Everything was predetermined. Bleh

Kishimoto. You have failed epically. Your whole point about destiny with Neji turned out to be a huge pile of b.s.
That's so last week.
No what's new is the increasingly probable fact that this special/warm chakra that Naruto possesses is the sign of his inheritance of the Rikudou Sennin's bloodline.

Last edited by Hunter; 2010-06-17 at 10:05.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 10:05   Link #117
kitten320

He still is annoying and dumb and almost all his power he gets as a gift now 0_o
Orochimaru's mark, Itachi's eyes...
Old 2010-06-17, 10:10   Link #118
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
then why did the hachibi(eight tails) turns into a good guy???
Probably because there's no escape. He can't rampage out of control or slowly take over or anything. He's stuck there. And it's in his best interest for his host to survive, so he probably decided to play nice.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 10:22   Link #119
Slayerx

Quote:
Well, if that really turned out to be the scenario then it's understandable why Naruto was spared the truth. Telling an orphan kid that his mother got possessed by a demon, went on a rampage of destruction and killing before having to be stopped by his father using a jutsu which killed them both, oh and BTW, that same demon is now inside you and the exact same thing could happen to you one day would be a little.... y,know traumatizing.
Ya, if they told him everything when he was like 5...
really, you don't have to tell him EVERYTHING all at once...
Naruto would have been fine with knowing who his father was; he may be dead but he's an orphan, knowing his father died for a good cause is better than nothing... as for his mother they could have told him about her, but left out the kyuubi just saying she died during the attack...

However, once the whole "there's an evil demon sealed inside of you" thing has gotten out of the bag; the truth about his mother would not be very traumatizing... in fact, giving him the truth might give him all the answers he deserves to know; namely why his own father sealed a demon inside of him! These are the kinds of questions that have probably been plaguing his mind for atleast the past 3 years since he found out about the kyuubi and everyone that knew decided not to tell him a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble
Probably because there's no escape. He can't rampage out of control or slowly take over or anything. He's stuck there. And it's in his best interest for his host to survive, so he probably decided to play nice.
Ya and this is probably what the kyuubi will go through...
He'll growl and snarl behind that cage, and Naruto will let him out once he's willing to give up and be his little bitch
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 10:23   Link #120
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnos007 View Post
Also on a side note, Naruto only pulled out 5 tails worth of Kyuubi.... I'm not exactly surprised that Kyuubi still made that big ball of chakra. But why didnt naruto keep going?
Are you sure about that? I counted 9 tails in the scene just before Naruto absorbs the chakra. Page 11, mid right panel.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion