AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-07, 12:14   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Hidan no Aria - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Hidan no Aria Butei only)

This thread is for the experienced Hidan no Aria viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the light novels / manga), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Hidan no Aria anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a light novel / manga virgin of Hidan no Aria, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the Hidan no Aria - Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers) thread).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the light novel / manga, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a light novel / manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing thread.
As of Aug 2010 I will be on hiatus so will not be active as I used to be (this could be considered good news or bad news depending on your viewpoint). Please contact another Mod if you require any help or assistance.
Old 2011-05-08, 00:02   Link #2
Xacual

So speculating how the rest of the anime will go. Also it's a 13 episode series right?

Episode 5, rest of chapter 5 and Epilogue, may or may not proceed slightly into chapter 1 of volume 2. Personally I think ending the episode with Kinji hiding in the cabinet would be hilarious.

Episode 6, rest of chapter 1 and probably most of chapter 2. Probably end with Aria volunteering to be Shirayuki's bodyguard.

Episode 7, Chapter 3

Episode 8, Chapter 4, and the the start of chapter 5 maybe up to when Kinji finds out Shirayuki is gone.

Episode 9 Jeanne fight and Epilogue

Stopping here for now.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-05-08, 00:04   Link #3
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

So you think this adaptation might end after they beat Vlad?

That certainly seems like a good place to since he's the 2nd strongest in EU.
Old 2011-05-08, 00:07   Link #4
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

I think so since they gave Sayanaki scenes in the first few episodes despite in the novels not appearing until volume 3.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-05-08, 00:09   Link #5
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

If it's 12 eps it would be just nice....It's 12 eps yah?
Old 2011-05-08, 00:10   Link #6
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Some people in the general topic said 13 so that's what I was going with for my speculations.

Old 2011-05-08, 02:28   Link #7
ZeKeR
Superbad

I think it would stand in defeating Vlad or reaching V4 where Patra was there.
Old 2011-05-08, 03:28   Link #8
tsunade666

doing vol 4 will kill the series without doing vol 5 until chapter 2.

The best is vol 3. Beat the crap of that sparkly Sayanaki. He reminds me of a certain sparkly gay vampire but at least Vlad is a monster but ugly vampire -_-
Old 2011-05-08, 03:55   Link #9
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's 13 episodes if you check their blu-ray lineup. 緋弾のアリアBlu-ray&DVD Bullet.1 is 25 minutes while 緋弾のアリアBlu-ray&DVD Bullet.2-7 are 50 minutes.
BD1 is 1 episode, BD2-7 is 2 x 6 episodes = 12, so a total of 13.

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/aria/goods/dvdbd.html
Note: check 本編約25分 and 本編約50分.

I get the feeling that they will murder volumes 2 and 3, and they will end the series at v5. Like this:

Ep6 - v2, incident
Ep7 - v2, conclusion
Ep8 - v3, incident
Ep9 - v3, conclusion
Ep10 - v4, incident
Ep11 - v4, mission
Ep12 - v4-5, conclusion
Ep13 - v5, climax

The reason why I thought like this is because the way I've seen JC Staff worked before. In the case of KoreZombie, Dragon Crisis, Index first season, and maybe there's more, they faithfully adapted the first novels in slow pace as well, and then they rush the rest of the stuff when they're out of time. It seems to me that they don't plan ahead the episodes. Maybe the factor that Aria dominated the OP also made me think that JC staff don't give the other character much importance than Aria.
Old 2011-05-08, 03:58   Link #10
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nera Sleith View Post
The reason why I thought like this is because the way I've seen JC Staff worked before. In the case of KoreZombie, Dragon Crisis, Index first season, and maybe there's more, they faithfully adapted the first novels in slow pace as well, and then they rush the rest of the stuff when they're out of time. It seems to me that they don't plan ahead the episodes.
Only J.C. didn't adapt KoreZombie or Dragon Crisis, but rather Studio Deen did.
Old 2011-05-08, 04:02   Link #11
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Only J.C. didn't adapt KoreZombie or Dragon Crisis, but rather Studio Deen did.
Oh crap. Nevermind then. xD

Geezes, I am not certain about KoreZombie but I was almost sure about DragonCrisis though.

But anyway, it still applies in Index 1. I remember volume 1 cover 6 episodes, and they start dropping details after that.
Old 2011-05-08, 04:02   Link #12
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nera Sleith View Post
It's 13 episodes if you check their blu-ray lineup. 緋弾のアリアBlu-ray&DVD Bullet.1 is 25 minutes while 緋弾のアリアBlu-ray&DVD Bullet.2-7 are 50 minutes.
BD1 is 1 episode, BD2-7 is 2 x 6 episodes = 12, so a total of 13.

The reason why I thought like this is because the way I've seen JC Staff worked before. In the case of KoreZombie, Dragon Crisis, Index first season, and maybe there's more, they faithfully adapted the first novels in slow pace as well, and then they rush the rest of the stuff when they're out of time. It seems to me that they don't plan ahead the episodes. Maybe the factor that Aria dominated the OP also made me think that JC staff don't give the other character much importance than Aria.
Thanks for confirming episode count. Zero No Tsukaima had only 3 novels adapted for it's first season. Shana actually combined the first two novels together for the first 7 or 8 episodes. For index novel 2 was very unpopular so i can see why they'd make it short. I think the total season only did what 6 novels in 2 cours?

Also like SilverSyko said those other two were by Studio Deen. And even then KoreZom was only 3 novels too.

Old 2011-05-08, 04:04   Link #13
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
they will murder volumes 2 and 3, and they will end the series at v5
Aw hell naw.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-05-08, 04:05   Link #14
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
doing vol 4 will kill the series without doing vol 5 until chapter 2.

The best is vol 3. Beat the crap of that sparkly Sayanaki. He reminds me of a certain sparkly gay vampire but at least Vlad is a monster but ugly vampire -_-
I wish to kill that vampire wannabe fag with holy fire that not even the sparkles will twinkle under the Inquisitorial fire.

expected him to be at least a gentleman like even in demon mode as he doesnt scorn or laugh at his enemies impaled by stakes but just is content at seeing the impalement of the bodies and EATING in front of the forest of corpses.

Sooner or later, Im gonna expect the bloodline of Catherine the Great and Queen Elizabeth I to be here...
Old 2011-05-08, 04:13   Link #15
Xacual

Rest of my anime episode speculation:

Episode 10: Chapter 1 and part of chapter 2

Episode 11: What's left of Chapter 2, Start of chapter 3, possibly speed along to get to the wolf scene or might not even include it.

Episode 12: Chapter 4 and start of chapter 5 leading up to Riko fighting Aria and Kinji again. Assuming the actual infiltration will go fast.

Episode 13: Vlad fight

Old 2011-05-08, 04:21   Link #16
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Thanks for confirming episode count. Zero No Tsukaima had only 3 novels adapted for it's first season. Shana actually combined the first two novels together for the first 7 or 8 episodes. For index novel 2 was very unpopular so i can see why they'd make it short. I think the total season only did what 6 novels in 2 cours?
8 volumes(from v7-13 + SS) for Index II if we count SS. Or 8 1/4 volumes if we add the first episode adapted from v5c4, that's like 3 episodes per volume. Comparing HnA vs TAMnI LN page-wise, TAMnI usually have 60-120 pages more than HnA, and the excess pages makes up for an additional episode. If they can do something like that before, they can pull a 2-ep per volume of HnA to us. (which I will go to them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Aw hell naw.
I wish that they don't murder the adaptation as well. But JC Staff had a precedent case of faithfully adapting the source material at first and then messing up later. But we'll see what will happen later I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Rest of my anime episode speculation:

Episode 10: Chapter 1 and part of chapter 2

Episode 11: What's left of Chapter 2, Start of chapter 3, possibly speed along to get to the wolf scene or might not even include it.

Episode 12: Chapter 4 and start of chapter 5 leading up to Riko fighting Aria and Kinji again. Assuming the actual infiltration will go fast.

Episode 13: Vlad fight
That's a good way of ending that. Yeah, they don't need to include Kinji's bro asking for his assistance in killing Aria.

However, there's one problem. Since Kinji's main reason in helping Riko in v3 is so he can obtain a lead/information about his brother's possible whereabout. In Aria's case, Riko will just testify for her mother. So, will they cut the scene about the mail? Or they can go evil and include that twists and end the series. >D

Last edited by Nera Sleith; 2011-05-08 at 04:40.
Old 2011-05-08, 05:50   Link #17
tsunade666

If they include the scene about the information of big bro and the scene about Aria's mother. That's great because it has chance of 2nd season but if they do anime original ending. That's bad.
Old 2011-05-08, 05:57   Link #18
Athena
The Power of One

My guess is a 5-4-4, for three volumes (5 volume for Ria arc, 4 for Shirayuki and 4 for Riko), but I can also expect a 5-3-4-1, cutting in the Shirayuki arc to add a random episode.
Old 2011-05-08, 06:00   Link #19
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

If they murder volume 2...Arrrghhh.
Old 2011-05-08, 06:38   Link #20
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If they include the scene about the information of big bro and the scene about Aria's mother. That's great because it has chance of 2nd season but if they do anime original ending. That's bad.
I think it will be quite a terrible ending if they didn't include that, because that's where Riko showed that she kept her promise to them. If they'll end it at v3, the problem will be how they'll do the post-Riko arc since in the LN it was half-tightly connected to the next arc.

Anime original...ending... omg let's hope not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
If they murder volume 2...Arrrghhh.
And hell has no wrath like a woman scorned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
My guess is a 5-4-4, for three volumes (5 volume for Ria arc, 4 for Shirayuki and 4 for Riko), but I can also expect a 5-3-4-1, cutting in the Shirayuki arc to add a random episode.
If they did, that last episode should be the soccer match. Fitting for one episode with good action...