AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-06, 23:47   Link #2201
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Hopefully it doesn't hit her friends... again

And I take it back... Volume 202 is a better ending... that's when the Laura arc will start I guess. ROFL.

I find it amusing that things kind of happened in the foreshadowed order somewhat... Touma clearing his mind... Laura fight hasn't happened yet... yada yada yada...
I don't know about you but I don't want to start reading the Laura arc at the same time as my grandchildren
Old 2014-02-07, 00:03   Link #2202
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

The last parody story has been translated.

Hilarious illustrations and scenarios abound.

Aogami Pierce has been confirmed as the true antagonist of the entire series. Called it.
Old 2014-02-07, 00:55   Link #2203
leukrota

Quote:
And I take it back... Volume 202 is a better ending... that's when the Laura arc will start I guess. ROFL.
I might not even be alive by then... Dunno how old Kamachi is, but he might also have some trouble meeting that deadline (hell, it might be a real deadline)
Old 2014-02-07, 00:59   Link #2204
omega253

Is it just me, or did js06 work faster than usual?

Quote:
“Dah. I have to deal with Stiyl?” Kamijou turned toward Abandoned Misaka in annoyance. “You have a Metal Eater MX, right? Let’s take care of the Stiyl battle with a sniper shot. His card strategy is probably weak to long-distance attacks.”
“Misaka can do that, but he will be torn to pieces with a single shot, warns Misaka while pulling out the heavy weaponry.”
Despite her warning, Abandoned Misaka seemed oddly motivated. She may have been happy that she would have even more scenes.
Kamijou heard a metallic noise, and…
“Hey, where did you just pull that thing from?”
The Metal Eater was about 180 centimeters long.
“Well,” said Abandoned Misaka with a nod. “A girl’s body has plenty of hiding spots, answers Misaka with a serious expression.”
“Ehh!? Not enough to hide 180 centimeters!! I think that thing’s taller than you are!!”
Kamijou wanted a further explanation, but he quieted down once she said, “If you truly wish to know, Misaka can show you within her clothes.” It did not seem that she had disassembled it and hidden it in her clothes, but he had a feeling she would start removing her clothes again if he pressed her too hard. If that happened, the world’s morals would be done for.
Kamijou-san is certainly merciless here.

Quote:
Kamijou started to rush forward to stop Abandoned Misaka.
“Kyaaah!!”
But then he heard the scream of a cute girl.
Kamijou and Touya both turned in the direction of the scream.
Black smoke was rising from a building a short distance away. The relatively unfortunate girl named Itsuwa was waving her hands from a fifth floor window and shouting for help.
The flag-raising father and son fell silent.
Touya slowly loosened his tie and spoke to his son without looking away from the burning building.
“Touma, you know what we must do, don’t you?”
“Hah. Do you really have to ask?”
Kamijou held out his right fist, Touya held out his fist, and they lightly bumped them together. They had already left Abandoned Misaka and Pet Misaka behind.
And then the Kamijou father and son spoke in unison.
“Okay!! Let’s risk our lives to save a girl!!”
The two idiots raised their hands and delightedly charged into the burning building.
Kamijou Shiina then arrived with an expression that said, “I was too late!!”
It seems like comedic insanity runs through the entire family!

Quote:
“Bahh!? Then what meaning was there in Tsuchimikado’s death!?”
By the time Kamijou shouted out, it was too late.
After crying for his friend who had died the most useless death in the history of the world, Kamijou Touma began a final attack.
“Gh… This is a complete mess!! And all femininity vanished a while back!! There were tons of important things foreshadowed like Kazakiri Hyouka and Accelerator! What about Imagine Breaker’s identity? Or my memory loss!? Can it really end like this!?”
Dying a useless death must be payback for double-crossing and trolling. Be careful, Tsuchimikado~.

And wow, I can't believe the Imagine Breaker's identity was mentioned upon in a parody story.
Old 2014-02-07, 02:23   Link #2205
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Hopefully it doesn't hit her friends... again

I find it amusing that things kind of happened in the foreshadowed order somewhat... Touma clearing his mind... Laura fight hasn't happened yet... yada yada yada...
IT trully amusing Volume. Man, I kinda hope that Kamachi made a lot things like this

Speaking of which, Like Father, Like Son
Old 2014-02-07, 03:27   Link #2206
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

The parodies are full of foreshadowing. We know what we would expect in the future volumes. But I hope it doesn't take that long before they are actually revealed. I don't want to die of old age before the series actually comes to an end.
Old 2014-02-07, 05:01   Link #2207
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
The parodies are full of foreshadowing. We know what we would expect in the future volumes. But I hope it doesn't take that long before they are actually revealed. I don't want to die of old age before the series actually comes to an end.
lol, Index won't survive till next 100 years man ... You think Kamachi can't grow old too ? But, This one still far from over, that for sure ... It only half-way to finish (according to rumor I got, which means ... we still have lots of surprise from Kamachi for next 10 years (?) )
Old 2014-02-07, 05:26   Link #2208
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
lol, Index won't survive till next 100 years man ... You think Kamachi can't grow old too ? But, This one still far from over, that for sure ... It only half-way to finish (according to rumor I got, which means ... we still have lots of surprise from Kamachi for next 10 years (?) )
Lol, 10 years is too long. I might already have my own family by then, thus less spare time to read the novels. But then again, those foreshadowing will likely keep me interested regardless.
Old 2014-02-07, 05:37   Link #2209
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Quote:
Lol, 10 years is too long. I might already have my own family by then, thus less spare time to read the novels. But then again, those foreshadowing will likely keep me interested regardless.
I mean people say this isn't even half-way done... I think it isn't 1/1000th of the way done, if Kamachi wants to make it longer. Also, even if the main story plot finishes, he just needs to add more mangas for some of the other protagonists/antagonists... LN readers would buy those like hot-cakes if they were weekly... bi-weekly...

There's so much material he could add it's honestly ridiculous.

There are also way too many unresolved plot threads to be already 1/2 way done... we're getting new plot threads every volume and we just learned one of the things IB is used for, not even what it was originally made for... we're not even close to knowing anything

Edit:

Also, was Will-san the new sisters of NT or are there other ones? I remember that in the Oreimo crossover it said that there will be new Misaka clones in NT, and since we've only had one will-san... I'm not sure if that means we'll get more. And I'm pretty sure the 10,000 that came to life in NT 9 don't count.
Old 2014-02-07, 06:14   Link #2210
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Double Post:

Holy crap my respect for Kamachi just went up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by First or Last story yada yada yada...
We need to be prepared for any number of dangers: all of the heroines being slaughtered one by one, the world being utterly destroyed, the final boss winning, the author dying without finishing it, etc.!!”
As soon Kamijou finished shouting, it finally arrived.
It takes balls to joke about that.

And holy crap, my favorite SS was definitely the First or Last SS! This one was great. The perfect type of humor.
Old 2014-02-07, 06:22   Link #2211
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Quote:
Double Post:

Holy crap my respect for Kamachi just went up!

It takes balls to joke about that.

And holy crap, my favorite SS was definitely the First or Last SS! This one was great. The perfect type of humor.
That kinda worries me actually.
Old 2014-02-07, 06:27   Link #2212
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
That kinda worries me actually.
Yeah, but here he was just making fun of the readers worrying about him messing this up. From what he was saying, it seems pretty obvious that he's very confident about where everything is going. It's like a blatant message saying: I know everything that's going to happen somehow. It's hard to believe, but with the way he was making fun of that... it's like this is Harry Potter or something and that he already wrote out all the major plot threads before setting fingers to laptop/desktop keyboard... but just not the specific wonderful details/specific incidents/funny parts...

It would explain how he's handling the insanely escalating plot. And given that he mentioned at the end of NT 8 afterword that we'll be seeing a lot of other places from here on out... that probably means he's planned all of them somewhat already.

Either way, it's amazing how his writing just seems to keep on improving by leaps and bounds. Originally, NT was too dark for me, but at this point I really think it's better than the first series and that the dark elements were absolutely necessary for it to get this good. My favorite part about his writing is that he always seems to have something profound to say even when he's making jokes or providing fan-service.

Also,
Quote:
Originally Posted by First or Last SS
“As soon as she struck you, her habit fell to pieces, says Misaka as she describes the completely meaningless fan service scene.”
“That’s right. Fan service that happens between scenes accomplishes nothing.”
When I'm reading these parodies, I'm seeing that Kamachi takes his writing as seriously as Toshiko Tsukiji takes others things he mentions in Hayate no Gotoku. That is to say not at all, and that nothing is sacred. (just how I like it with comedy.)

Also, Kamachi's genre savviness is always probably my favorite thing about his writing, other than how complicated it is.
Old 2014-02-07, 07:27   Link #2213
Draco Spirit

Spoiler for Sniper scene :):

Sisters with sniper rifles... why doesn't Touma ask this more often in cannon?
Old 2014-02-07, 10:17   Link #2214
Trung-t-rung

It's not like there aren't any awesome long running manga series or novels *looking at JoJo*
Old 2014-02-07, 10:45   Link #2215
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Because it went so well for Touma the last time that attack was used, right?
She wasn`t allythose times though.
Old 2014-02-07, 10:53   Link #2216
WiliamZ0

Toaru Majutsu no Index:First or Final SS is HILARIOUS... lol at Mikoto and Kanzaki and other ridiculous things there
Old 2014-02-07, 13:46   Link #2217
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Toaru Majutsu no Index:First or Final SS is HILARIOUS... lol at Mikoto and Kanzaki and other ridiculous things there
Can I find that in Baka-Tsuki...??
Old 2014-02-07, 14:09   Link #2218
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Can I find that in Baka-Tsuki...??
Yep, in the parody section of the TAMNI page... there are now enough parody specials translated to jusify said section.
Old 2014-02-07, 18:55   Link #2219
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

I finally got a chance to read all but the First and Last SS (which I am half-way through) and they are hysterical. Touma punching out Aleister preemptively was pure gold. Honestly, there was too much good stuff there.

That and Himegami's appearance was like a breath of fresh air. I miss her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himegami
“If you wish to live a peaceful life, then come with me. I should be able to give you a modest life with no incidents.”

Last edited by Hiss13; 2014-02-07 at 19:05.
Old 2014-02-07, 22:53   Link #2220
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

After this arc, I'm really looking forward for Kamachi to introduce Greek mythos in the series. Though it would be somewhat confusing due to different accounts by many authors.
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions