AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-12-22, 15:32   Link #1
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth [PSV]

Ah sod it, I'm just going to make this thread even though it hasn't been announced to be localized yet. What are you doing Bamco ?!?!

Quote:
Become a cyber detective and solve the case! A number of incidents are occurring in the real and digital worlds. Reveal the mystery through reasoning.

The hero loses his body in a cyberspace incident and awakens to become a “Data Body” with the special ability to “Connect Jump.”

Connect Jump allows him to freely travel between the real world and cyberspace world “EDEN” via the terminal.

Real and digital intersect in the ultimate cyber story.
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth will launch for PS Vita in Japan on March 12

Here's the latest trailer to blow your mind The visuals are excellent, the Anime cutscenes (at least I think they are) look amazing, and the huge variety of Digimon is awesome, 230! That's like 2-3 generations of Pokemons right ?

Quote:
  • Male Protagonist – Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
  • Female Protagonist – Rumi Okubo
  • Nokia Shiramine – Megumi Han
  • Arata Sanada – Daisuke Kishio
  • Yuuko Kamishiro – Kanae Ito
  • Kyoko Kuremi – Maaya Sakamoto
  • The Mysterious Boy – Ayumu Murase
Other new details include:

There will be 13 Royal Knights. Newly confirmed Knights include Jesmon, Ulforce V-dramon, and Dukemon.

There will be a Coliseum where players can battle against each others’ Digimon via network play, complete with user rankings.
Quote:
Scan, Collect, and Convert Digimon

When you encounter a Digimon in the field, the Digimon Scanner will automatically begin and scan the Digimon. If you accumulate over 100 percent of the Digimon’s data, it is possible to convert that data in the Digi-Lab, and watch it go from a Digi-Egg to Digimon. The larger the percentage you scan, the more that will be added to the converted Digimon’s base abilities.

Digivolution

As Digimon get stronger, they will Digivolve. Their levels and skill points will increase as you win battles, allowing them to Digivolve into a variety of other Digimon. Digivolution for each Digimon is possible by meeting certain conditions. For example, Greymon can evolve into MetalGreymon, MetalGreymon (Virus), Megadramon, or SkullGreymon, and each has their own conditions the player must meet.

Rare Digivolution

Typically, a Digimon Digivolves simply by leveling up and reaching that point naturally as a matter of consequence. However, there are rare digivolutions that can occur through other methods, such as repeated Digivolving and de-Digivolving to break through level caps, as well as by training up latent skill points. Some evolutions require a particular item.
Quote:
World View

Cron - The lower level area of Cyberspace has become a debris-filled data graveyard. The data drifts formed a dungeon, and is a dangerous area the general users do not approach. Additionally, the vast transmissions from a Digital Wave make up a communications network called “Cron” and flows into the lower level dungeon. The intermixing of all kinds of data causes mysterious phenomena in the lower level dungeon. What drama awaits players in the lower area?

Digital Monsters that appear from distortions of Cyberspace - The lower level of Cyberspace has become a gathering spot for hackers, and is an area where ordinary users don’t go. In this lower level where huge amounts of data are intermixing, distortions occur, and Digimon emerge from its crevices to wander the dungeon. It seems the hackers are catching Digimon there, but… where did the Digimon come from in the first place? However, it is said that the distortions brought something besides Digimon, as well…
Quote:

Mystery Disease, EDEN Syndrome

Rumor in the streets has it there is a mysterious disease going around known as EDEN Syndrome. It’s a strange disease that heavy users of the EDEN Cyberspace are said to develop. The disease can be triggered by illegally tampered Digivices that overload the user’s brain with data downloads or by a “Brain Jack” from hackers. But that source is unknown. In order to prevent disorder in the world, those with the disease are isolated in a special hospital facility. But the hero sees the truth w
Quote:
Eater, designed by Ito Ogure, is a glitch within cyberspace that appears without warning one day, consuming the data of humans and Digimon alike indiscriminately should they get too close.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 18:00   Link #2
GDB

You got my hopes up that it was being localized.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 18:01   Link #3
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Dis gonna be bashed as a Persona clone. XD
Old 2014-12-22, 18:07   Link #4
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You got my hopes up that it was being localized.
I knew it would happen but I apologized for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Dis gonna be bashed as a Persona clone. XD
Digimon is way bigger than Persona though

But hell, a Digimon game that's as good as Persona? I'll take it Any maybe someday it'll have games with more mainstream appeal like Pokemon.
Old 2014-12-22, 19:19   Link #5
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hurts my heart that this isn't being localized.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 19:27   Link #6
GDB

This and Recode. Because apparently Namco would rather make a shitty fighting game from scratch than merely localize good games, and then wonder why it doesn't sell.
Old 2014-12-22, 20:03   Link #7
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I am also very disturbed by that weird plunging open shirt neckline. I know it's fan service but there's a certain level of too much showing, too little to show for kind of thing going on >.<
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 20:25   Link #8
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

There is a chance for this to be localized, though. Bamco already took notice of the demand from the online petition (although it's a response from the EU branch). Following the hashtag #BuildingTheList on Twitter and spread it as much as possible to raise the chance for this game's localization.
Old 2014-12-22, 22:10   Link #9
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Kyoko is really cute + voiced by Sakamoto Maaya. Really good PV, too. The production looks high quality in general, I really like Yasuda Suzuhito's designs, and gameplay looks fun. Ahh one day Bandai Namco...
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 22:14   Link #10
Frontier

Add another game to the long list of awesome games in Japan that I wish would come over here .

Love how one group had the three main Digimon from Tamers in their Mega Forms .

And I'm with ACertainStark on that Kyouko/Maaya Sakamoto character .
Old 2014-12-23, 01:15   Link #11
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I knew it would happen but I apologized for it

Digimon is way bigger than Persona though

But hell, a Digimon game that's as good as Persona? I'll take it Any maybe someday it'll have games with more mainstream appeal like Pokemon.
I was about to say "Hell Yea I want this" then I scrolled a little bit more down and saw NO FOR US... Sigh......Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh
Old 2014-12-23, 03:21   Link #12
Wandering Soul

Too bad this is not being localized
Old 2014-12-23, 03:28   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So badass...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2014-12-23 at 03:39.
Old 2014-12-23, 04:30   Link #14
Random14

How bad/good is the Digimon localization record anyway? I lost track of Digimon games over the years, well, that and lack of interest and time and money and all that, but this one sounds pretty interesting, and there's been a relatively good deal of interest shown in it, so wish they would localize it, but who knows at this point.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 00:57   Link #15
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So badass...

Eh, Coulda had a different digimon than him... Him not being two digimon combined really bugs me.
Old 2014-12-24, 13:38   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Boxart is officially revealed

Old 2014-12-24, 13:46   Link #17
GDB

Is the girl on the top left wearing a nightie?
Old 2014-12-24, 14:44   Link #18
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Is the girl on the top left wearing a nightie?
Not sure, but now I'm really wondering what is up with her Gabumon, and Agumon .
Old 2014-12-24, 15:43   Link #19
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm guessing her Digimon Partners are both Agumon and Gabumon, hence why she has Omegamon (Ominmon) all to herself. (EDIT: This is confirmed)

Still, doesn't she look a little too much like the Female Protagonist character ?

EDIT (2) :

All I Want For Christmas Is This Digimon Game For North America

Quote:
Earlier this fall Bandai Namco released Digimon All-Star Rumble in North America. That's not the game long-time fans wanted. We wanted Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, the sleek and stylish role-playing game coming to the Japanese Vita in March. 1

It was an honest mistake, really. Unless you're a pretty hardcore fan of the monster collecting series, the GIF above barely registers as a related property. Where are all the cute little creatures? Why is no one wearing goggles? This looks like a much more mature role-playing game.

That's because it is.
Come on! If even KOTAKU is writing articles about it you know demands are high for this game Bamco! Just do it

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2014-12-24 at 15:57.
Old 2014-12-24, 16:00   Link #20
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Will Bandai Namco budge? or will they keep Digimon like Gundam?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps vita