Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-20, 22:21   Link #2801
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
In D2, even white items were somewhat worth picking up sometimes because the better ones can be socketed for runewords or sold for large amounts to cover repairs. The majority of stuff that drops in inferno can't even be given to a lower character-- that's how useless they are are. Lvl 60 150 dps?

And yes, we have more ilvl 63 items, but that just affects the base item, not quality... in conjunction with stuff like:

Quote:
Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain
Quote:
The quality of the item for the fourth stack of Nephalem Valor from bosses has been slightly reduced
is why people are seeing worse drops. Destructible item drops being nerfed hurt as well.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 22:25   Link #2802
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I guess I just have better luck with the recent patch, then. First time in a while I could replace my AH stuff with rare loot I got from the boss since the day I placed my foot on Inferno land.
Old 2012-06-20, 22:31   Link #2803
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
The majority of stuff that drops in inferno can't even be given to a lower character-- that's how useless they are are. Lvl 60 150 dps?
That's the main problem. In effect no matter which difficulty or level you are playing, most of the drops are un-sellable. Level 60 drops need to be over-powered to be worth anything because lower level characters can't use them. The level requirements are just too strict.
Old 2012-06-20, 22:54   Link #2804
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's the main problem. In effect no matter which difficulty or level you are playing, most of the drops are un-sellable. Level 60 drops need to be over-powered to be worth anything because lower level characters can't use them. The level requirements are just too strict.
Yea, Diablo 2 would have very sub par drops, but you could use them for lower level characters. I'd really not mind even level 40ish items dropping in inferno if I knew I could sell/give it to someone that could actually use it. But no, and who the hell wants a sub-par level 58 item anyways when they are so close to 60?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-20, 23:09   Link #2805
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Well, speaking of passing items to lower levels: the -lvl requirement spear I got today is prob the best thing I have gotten from an entire day of act 3 farming (doing act 3 because friends wanted to clr act 3 instead of facerolling act 2).

I really dont want to be seeing lv52 drops in inf act 3.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:04   Link #2806
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Inferno drops should be ilv60 and above... lv52 and other crap is just depressing.
Old 2012-06-21, 02:13   Link #2807
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
Drop rate for Inferno – Act III and Act IV

iLvl 61: 24.1%
iLvl 62: 16.1%
iLvl 63: 8.0%

So half of your drops are iLvl > 60 and you are qqing? Really?

Coming from D2 where you can basic weapons 80% of the time in Hell, this sort of whining seems downright ridiculous.
Did you clear Inferno before the patch? Were you aware of the fact that Act 3/4 did not drop copious amounts of ilvl 50 rares before the patch? You had to work hard to actually be able to farm Act 3 and you were rewarded for it. Now you get practically 2-3 Archon pieces a whole night instead of in a single run.

Last edited by problemedchild; 2012-06-21 at 02:30.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 02:26   Link #2808
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
Did you clear Inferno before the patch? Were you aware of the fact that Act 3/4 did not drop copious amounts of ilvl 50 rares before the patch?
And what makes the Inferno pre-patch a good reference point? Inferno was pretty broken and unbalanced. Not saying it is fixed and balanced now, but it should not be the point of reference when you qq.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 02:44   Link #2809
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
And what makes the Inferno pre-patch a good reference point? Inferno was pretty broken and unbalanced. Not saying it is fixed and balanced now, but it should not be the point of reference when you qq.
LOL, if you truly believe that Azmodan or other Inferno elites should drop i50-59 items a majority of the time then feel free to give Blizzard a lot of love. At least pre-patch they dropped 60+ blues a majority of the time, which allowed you to roll a decent weapon here and there, but seeing as the bulk of the drops that drop now are below 60, farming Act 3/4 is just so magical.

Should I be happy that the only drops that I look forward to farming for now never drops? This isn't Diablo 2 where set/legendary piece dropping can actually means something. You can't use runes to make use of any white armor pieces, hell you can't even vendor white drops to make money. The only thing you look forward to are end game ilvl 63 drops, and seeing those unidentified ilvl 63 drops were the only thing keeping me interested in this game. The point I'm making is that the drop rate for difficulty to reward effort were perfectly fine for Act 3 prior to this. Every run netted you 2-4 ilvl 63 rares, granted most of them were absolute trash, but the one good roll made it all worth it. Now each run is yielding about 0-1 ilvl 63 rare, which is not enough for the reward for the effort of killing some of the hardest mobs in the game.
Old 2012-06-21, 02:52   Link #2810
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

pre-nerf ilvl 63 drop chance in act 3 is ~20%.

Rares are raining left and right these days that its no longer exciting to get them anymore (in the past, getting 2 yellows from elites after wearing full MF feels very rewarding). Even if I score a ilvl63 rare it still suffer from horrible RNG that is thorn dmg+health globe healing+other useless stats.

I made 20x more money off the AH than farming today. At this rate I should just wear full gold find and do a full hell mode run and collect at least 400k an hour.
Old 2012-06-21, 09:41   Link #2811
SagaraSouske

Are you just doing 5 elite packs and going straight for boss? Or trying to clear a lot more elite pack each run? I kill average about 12-15 packs each run and usually get 15-17 rares, out of which 7-8 are 61,62,63.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:04   Link #2812
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

"Cleared" Act 2 Inferno today. I was mucking around in the AH when I suddenly received an invite from a Monk tank I befriended in the early days of Diablo 3. He was having a problem beating Belial and was asking around for help.

We cleared the first two phases easily, but hit the Enrage timer (3 minutes) on the third phase. He was getting anxious because he had like 9 minutes left on his five-stack NV buff.

Then it hit me. I had no NV stack to worry about, why was I still in tank mode? I chucked away my shield to dual-wield, changed all my skills to focus on DPS and basically transformed from 14k dps to 30k dps, excluding dps from Spirit Ally and Sweeping Wind. Hooray for Mantra of Conviction: Overawe.

Round two, and we down Belial.

Woot.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:47   Link #2813
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I clear the entire act 3 up to azmodan. I get lv61/62 drops, but not lv63s, and pretty much only ilvl63 is worth anything these days.
Old 2012-06-21, 12:24   Link #2814
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The world's 1st inferno harcore diablo kill by a barbarian, confirmed by Blizzard.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18532670

When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 12:40   Link #2815
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^Congratulations! That's impressive.
Old 2012-06-21, 13:45   Link #2816
SagaraSouske

The drop rate percentage for ACT3/4 for 1.03 was posted long ago. No one who farmed Act 3/4 for a month came out and complain that they were experiencing 20% drop rate of 63 items but the patch will nerf it to 8.1%. Now that the patch is live, everyone who experienced bad runs on drop all came out of woodwork claiming drops were nerfed.
Old 2012-06-21, 17:02   Link #2817
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
The drop rate percentage for ACT3/4 for 1.03 was posted long ago. No one who farmed Act 3/4 for a month came out and complain that they were experiencing 20% drop rate of 63 items but the patch will nerf it to 8.1%. Now that the patch is live, everyone who experienced bad runs on drop all came out of woodwork claiming drops were nerfed.
Because the tone of the patch was "look we're increasing the drop rates." I realized that we'd likely take a hit to overall drops, but I didn't realized that we'd be seeing nothing but ilvl 50-59 from every single elite that dies.
Old 2012-06-21, 19:51   Link #2818
Wigwams

i guess its bad for those who were capable already. but for me (weak guy) its a buff. just yesterday i killed an elite pack in some random act 1 map and it dropped 4 items. 3 ilvl 63s. though they were crap... but yeah, i think its better to clear act 1 repeatedly. its faster i think. you can just wear MF gear and still breeze through it.
Old 2012-06-21, 22:43   Link #2819
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

My predictions for the next patch (maybe I shouldn't give them ideas)

Spoiler:

Well, it couldn't be that bad, could it?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-21, 23:09   Link #2820
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

After some experimentation in my Inferno Butcher runs, I finally came up with a skill-set that was viable for Inferno Act 2. Progress is currently at the Ancient Waterways, with zero deaths so far (a lot of close calls though).

For my primary attack, I am using Way of the Hundred Fists: Fists of Fury. It is a mixture of Fists of Thunder: Thunderclap and Crippling Wave: Concussion. It is slower, yes, BUT, not that slow. My basic Attacks per Second is about 1.81, and that is fast enough for WofHF to chain knockback.

They don't state it in the skill tool-tip, but WofHF has an innate knockback feature on its third strike, and the third strike is 360° too. So you can be pummelling a monster's face in and knockback his pal behind you every third strike. This is vastly superior to Fists of Thunder: Thunderclap frontal cone knockback in comparison, in terms of damage mitigation and crowd control.

Also, with the Fists of Fury rune, you gain a short dash on the first strike. It's not as good as FoT:Tc, but it gets the job done and still makes short work of scampering Treasure Goblins. Something which I had a very difficult time with when I was using Crippling Wave.

WotHF also has a high base skill damage, and the FoF rune further enhances the damage output of the skill.

Kinda surprised nobody seems to talk about this primary skill on the forums. Hope it doesn't get nerfed.

~~~~ ~~~~

In other news, gear upgrades are getting harder and harder with my self-imposed 250k gold limit on purchases. Rings are the only slot left that are still sub-ilvl-61, and in fact, the only ones that are still Magic and not Rare. I would definitely love to have DEX, resists and/or VIT on my Rings at this point.

I have considered totally ditching IAS, but the negative impact to my spirit regeneration and Lift on Hit regeneration might be too much.

Cheers.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler