Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-04-02, 19:13   Link #34301
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
I'm also hoping that an HG Revive zeta means that Bandai's learned from some of the flaws of the HGUC Zetaplus kit (can't torso twist even though the polycap should allow it to). The whole point of the HG part-swap transformations is so that you get a posable MS mode and a decent transformed mode
Agreed on those points. But really, if they end up applying the lessons learned from the Zplus (A1, where's the C1, Bandai?) into the Revive Zeta it'll be pretty funny since it will be the MG Zplus to MG Zeta 2.0 all over again.

Meanwhile, my progress on something related to the subject era-wise.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 22:02   Link #34302
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Agreed on those points. But really, if they end up applying the lessons learned from the Zplus (A1, where's the C1, Bandai?) into the Revive Zeta it'll be pretty funny since it will be the MG Zplus to MG Zeta 2.0 all over again.

Meanwhile, my progress on something related to the subject era-wise.
Take a guess what they usually do with a mostly color swap variant

We all know where this is going right?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 01:22   Link #34303
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
By multirole are you asking a single unit with everything it needs on it, or the ability to swap out packs/parts?

And to what extent are you going to be modifying the kit? Or are you simply looking for an out of the box build/mech that fits what you are asking for?

Im also going to assume that you are asking for a single base unit atm
One with the ability to swap out parts with others, use other equipment aside its standard as well, prefer out of the box but I'll be painting it, not much modifying aside from the paint and the swapping out of parts, but thats pretty much it, I was thinking of Strike or Build Strike, but I like the core block system of the Impulse a lot more than single whole units.
Old 2015-04-03, 03:15   Link #34304
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
One with the ability to swap out parts with others, use other equipment aside its standard as well, prefer out of the box but I'll be painting it, not much modifying aside from the paint and the swapping out of parts, but thats pretty much it, I was thinking of Strike or Build Strike, but I like the core block system of the Impulse a lot more than single whole units.
Not much core block/transforming systems like Impulse out there unfortunately

The main one being Victory, however there are few models for it, and even then, it don't have that much options aside from the HEXA and weapons from the V2.....

O wait, there's also the AGE-3, which uses a core block system (though the core block is mounted somewhat differently). The HG AGE units in general are extremely compatible with each other, assuming you are sticking to suits within the same factions. Personally I would suggest starting here if you decide to not go with the Strike/Striker packs
Old 2015-04-03, 04:00   Link #34305
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I just came back from my Japan trip yesterday. Bought these guys on impulse when I did a couple of trips to Odaiba.

Spoiler for Unicorns:

I never knew the Strikes Odaiba Set was a thing... Anyone has any input/comments about them?
Old 2015-04-03, 05:24   Link #34306
Knight_SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Here's reasons why an HG Revive Zeta would sell:
- Cheaper than the RG (the number one reason). Remember that the old HGUC Zeta came with a Hypermegalauncher, the RG Zeta did not, and the Build Parts Hypermegalauncher isn't a perfect fit with it.
- Doesn't have the RG transformation system, so will have more robust joints to pose with.
- Easier to put together and more importantly easier to mod with other HG kit parts
- Will have a different design style from either the RG or the older HGUC Zeta (Just compare the HGUC Gundam, the HGUC G30 Gundam, the RG Gundam, and the HG Revive Gundam--they all look noticably different in terms of details)

I'm also hoping that an HG Revive zeta means that Bandai's learned from some of the flaws of the HGUC Zetaplus kit (can't torso twist even though the polycap should allow it to). The whole point of the HG part-swap transformations is so that you get a posable MS mode and a decent transformed mode
Totally agree. I have RG Zeta and very dissapointed on his waist articulation, so frail and much problem for the sake of waverider transformation. I prefer the part swapping that the old hguc zeta had rather than the RG. I hope bandai will release the HGUC revive Zeta later this year
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 07:13   Link #34307
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
I just came back from my Japan trip yesterday. Bought these guys on impulse when I did a couple of trips to Odaiba.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I never knew the Strikes Odaiba Set was a thing... Anyone has any input/comments about them?
Well, if you like Unicorn & Banshee in green frames, you actually bought a very nice set. I can't think of a better HG set.

As for the Phenex, unfortunately you bought one with the non-shiny gold instead of this one:
Images
But it's fine if you like the non-shiny gold the HGUC Phenex has .
Old 2015-04-03, 07:46   Link #34308
Chibiloli

Quote:
Not much core block/transforming systems like Impulse out there unfortunately

The main one being Victory, however there are few models for it, and even then, it don't have that much options aside from the HEXA and weapons from the V2.....

O wait, there's also the AGE-3, which uses a core block system (though the core block is mounted somewhat differently). The HG AGE units in general are extremely compatible with each other, assuming you are sticking to suits within the same factions. Personally I would suggest starting here if you decide to not go with the Strike/Striker packs
I wanna use the striker packs, one with two holes on its back is fine as well.
Old 2015-04-03, 07:58   Link #34309
bio9205
Reborn

Holy shit, that boxart with the Unicorn and Banshee is sooooooo badass. Lucky!

Just ordered my HG Transient and RG 00R. Been a while since I built a Gunpla, can't wait to get them
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 09:07   Link #34310
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, if you like Unicorn & Banshee in green frames, you actually bought a very nice set. I can't think of a better HG set.

As for the Phenex, unfortunately you bought one with the non-shiny gold instead of this one:
Images
But it's fine if you like the non-shiny gold the HGUC Phenex has .
I didn't know there was a shiny version

Then again, I am planning to repaint it into shiny gold. Just wondering how would I go about that... And I'm also planning to get an airbrush set before painting my next kit. Any tips is appreciated
Old 2015-04-03, 09:35   Link #34311
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- If you're lucky and find the old 1/144 Victory Gundam Weapons set, that might work. But I've been trying to hunt one down for ages with no luck.

It's an older kit and pretty simple, but has loads of good stuff. They were designed for the old flimsy 1/144 Victory Gundam line, but I think you can make do with minor mods. Ideally grab 2-3 packs. In the set are extra Beam Rifles (Victory/GunEz and V2 type), a Beam Pistol, and the bule-and-whtie things are VSBRs that are mounted on the Victory Gundam's waist.

I once (many years back) got a 1/144 Victory Hexa, slapped the Dash pack and VSBRs on it, and called it Arsenal Gundam. Unfortunately that was in the 1990's and I've since lost the original kit.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 12:57   Link #34312
helois

slow build meanwhile preparation for thesis university degree,but an overkill build!!!

Spoiler for images:

bad painted,but for a coulor impression... colouring after degree!
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 20:27   Link #34313
Skye629

Quote:
I wanna use the striker packs, one with two holes on its back is fine as well.
Hmm I dont know all of the two hole on the back connection kits

Personally, I would go on Dalong and check out all the HG kits and see which ones have the back connections you are looking for

From there its simply getting the packs

As another note, there are connectors/adaptors which may help you mount striker packs onto other units. They can be found in the build fighters add-on stuff and the builders parts series. Of course, this is if you are willing to go out of your way for additional purchases
Old 2015-04-04, 06:37   Link #34314
Chibiloli

Quote:
Hmm I dont know all of the two hole on the back connection kits

Personally, I would go on Dalong and check out all the HG kits and see which ones have the back connections you are looking for

From there its simply getting the packs

As another note, there are connectors/adaptors which may help you mount striker packs onto other units. They can be found in the build fighters add-on stuff and the builders parts series. Of course, this is if you are willing to go out of your way for additional purchases
Money is no object for me, the only problem is getting them as I cannot order online and the nearest mall is all the way in baguio, and some prick from baguio keeps buying up all the Gunpla, I actually went to Ilocos Norte and found a nice stash there, Star Build Strike Cosmos, R-Gyagya, Amazing Exia, Zeta Plus, and something I thought I'd never live to see in person,
Spoiler for Surprise surprise:
Old 2015-04-04, 07:38   Link #34315
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Money is no object for me, the only problem is getting them as I cannot order online and the nearest mall is all the way in baguio, and some prick from baguio keeps buying up all the Gunpla, I actually went to Ilocos Norte and found a nice stash there, Star Build Strike Cosmos, R-Gyagya, Amazing Exia, Zeta Plus, and something I thought I'd never live to see in person,
Star Build Strike Cosmos? You're sure you just didn't mistake it with the Star Build Strike with plavsky wings? A Cosmos version hasn't been released afaik
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 08:25   Link #34316
Chibiloli

Oh, sorry, yeah, plavsky wing, my bad, think I'll paint the Build Strike in RX-78-2 colors, or maybe put more emphasis on the blue, and I plan on converting my Powered GM Cardigan with space pirate decals, know any good sites I can use to print Skulls and crossbones off?
Old 2015-04-04, 18:53   Link #34317
Skye629

Quote:
Sounds like your selection is extremely limited :/

Ill probably just go with the SBS from what you listed
Old 2015-04-04, 19:04   Link #34318
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- The local distribution of Bandai stuff in the Philippines was pretty messed up back when I last was in the Philippines (2008). You had walls of the same type of kits, but very few of the newer or popular ones. In Makati at that time I went to a couple of toy and hobby stores that sold the original Ver 1.0 MG Gundam and had WALLS full of the old Kamen Rider Kuuga Souchaku Henshin figures. But no Gundam 00 kits at that time.

The guys who get kits either order online or they go to a shop that doesn't source their kits from the local suppliers (and thus pay more for it). Some toy collector shops in the Shoppesvill section of Greenhills Shopping centre would have had them (I missed going there since they had lots of oddball stuff, like customized 1/12 Koji Kabuto figures).

I don't know if it's gotten better since then. When I started with Gunpla it was in the 80's and only hobby shops and stores in Chinatown had the LEGIT ones at the time. Bootleg Gunpla were (and probably still are) pretty rampant in Divisoria and Binondo street markets.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 21:48   Link #34319
Chibiloli

Quote:
Blame the prick from baguio who travels to manila with a budget in the hundred thousands, I hear this guy buys up most of the Gunpla in the metro area whereas at most I can only spend $200 in one trip.

@Wavehawk

Its gotten better, that and I know the warehouse where they store the Gunpla that comes into the country is, so I can buy them cheap too, oh, and free complimentary weapons.
Old 2015-04-05, 08:36   Link #34320
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Then I guess you haven't heard about our local hobby shop here, it's called white base located at Maharlika. That where we mostly get our kits and supplies. Yes, I'm from Baguio and no I'm not the prick who keeps on buying everything at the mall.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy