AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-03-20, 00:05   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
sorry wilfri I haven't see her yet use the divine power.

For vol 4 where she first invoke stigma and anime just trash it and for vol 07 she didn't even invoke stigma to beat the knights the next is probably vol 11 and I haven't read it yet. And her spell hijacking is when she fought against aqua though I think aqua can also do it probably all saints can but who knows.
Nope sorry, Kaori doesn't even appear in volume 11 until the Epilogue.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 00:26   Link #22
tsunade666

then the next will be vol 14 but to be sure she would appear in vol 16 and an epic battle will start.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 15:17   Link #23
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What?! Just because of one bath scene?

Kaori is by no means just a simple fanservice character.
I think you have to admit that her design was definitely made to turn heads and sell magazine spreads. Why else would they make that silly "fighting outfit" of hers (missing one leg and definitely one bra) that way?

I hope we get to see more of Kaori in either her saint outfit or in more "normal" clothes. I'd also like to see more of Himegami as well, since hearing Mamiko Noto break her typecasting and voice her character as loud and brash during the Angel Fall arc sure was a hoot.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 23:15   Link #24
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I think you have to admit that her design was definitely made to turn heads and sell magazine spreads. Why else would they make that silly "fighting outfit" of hers (missing one leg and definitely one bra) that way?
Believe me, she has no sense of feminity nor experience about love and thats way she is powerless against Touma "charms".

Quote:
I hope we get to see more of Kaori in either her saint outfit or in more "normal" clothes.
A girl with pretty generic and popular personality(tsundere) or a girl dressed in miko costumes without any purpose aren't fanservice for the japanesses(and us)??

Oh well, here is a upgraded version f her clothes.

As you noticed, there is no much difference.
But still that doesn't change her character is serious when fighting.

Spoiler for save space:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 01:24   Link #25
tsunade666

that picture is from where she's taking the beating from superman aqua. And the only difference in clothes is she puts a jacket on.
Old 2010-03-22, 12:15   Link #26
Mazryonh

Question Kaori's Character Song

On a related note, those here who've heard Kaori's Character Song "Salvia Farincea" from this series and is familiar with her voice actress' other songs will probably agree with me on how unlike Shizuka Itou's other songs "Salvia Farincea" is. She doesn't sound like herself, unlike the work she did for, say Shakugan no Shana, or Zoids Genesis, or D.Gray-Man.

I'm not sure if it's against forum policy to show some examples here.
Old 2010-03-22, 14:14   Link #27
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well of course it just shows how good of voice actor she is. Heck you might find it hard to believe Shizuka Itou is also Hinagiku Katsura!
Old 2010-03-22, 18:45   Link #28
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Well of course it just shows how good of voice actor she is. Heck you might find it hard to believe Shizuka Itou is also Hinagiku Katsura!
She does have an upper limit to her range, as this blog entry claims. I don't think she's done a cutesy, squeaky-voiced girl ever.

I wasn't expecting the LOWER limit to her range to be so low, however (okay, not Atsuko Tanaka low, but still). I've seen a few vids of her giving interviews, and her normal voice isn't quite like the one she used in "Salvia Farincea." That's why I had trouble believing it was sung by Shizuka Itou. Hinagiku from Hayate no Gotoku was easier, and Shinra Kuonji from the Kimiaru anime was the easiest of all to match to her.

You should listen to "Kamen no Hakuraku" from Shakugan no Shana, or "Yumemiru Sainou" from D.Gray-Man, or even "Sora No Sabaku." All of them are songs by Shizuka Itou and quite different from her performance in "Salvia Farincea."
Old 2010-03-22, 19:36   Link #29
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

LOL, you made me remember Wilhelmina = Kaori and Aisa = Hecate.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 19:40   Link #30
Miraluka
Banned

If there will be a second season I wonder that kind of tone of voice is going to make Shizuka for Kaori when she is embarrased for Touma.
Old 2010-03-22, 21:35   Link #31
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If there will be a second season I wonder that kind of tone of voice is going to make Shizuka for Kaori when she is embarrased for Touma.
... I think I can imagine it...

I take that back. I KNOW HOW SHE'S GONNA SOUND LIKE. Whhheeeeeeeee!!!

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2010-03-23 at 09:34.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 22:35   Link #32
tsunade666

I think it will be the same as hina being embarrassed in front of hayate.
Old 2010-03-23, 00:16   Link #33
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I don't know whether audio dramas are just alternate stories without any relevance to canon, but...

Spoiler for Imouto?:

... don't ask me for a wholesome essay-like summary because I only understand parts that I can, not the entirety of it ^^;

Old 2010-03-23, 05:57   Link #34
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Interesting. Do you have a link of these audio drama summary's?
Old 2010-03-23, 06:36   Link #35
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Interesting. Do you have a link of these audio drama summary's?
Nope... that was just a brief summary I made on the spot while listening to it. Dunno if there's any out there...

Old 2010-05-15, 11:05   Link #36
Minagi Mikoto

Do you think Kanzaki Kaori would be able to beat Accelerator? She was the only one in the series who potentially defeated Touma.
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 11:44   Link #37
Miraluka
Banned

That was because of martial arts.
As a saint she is, she can beat Accelerator just using high class magic wich Accel cand surpass yet.
Old 2010-05-15, 13:35   Link #38
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
That was because of martial arts.
As a saint she is, she can beat Accelerator just using high class magic wich Accel cand surpass yet.
Before I might agree that Kaori can beat Accelerator. But right now when Accel has attain black wings which has the same power as a saint. I don't know.....

well let's just say that If Kaori can kill accel in one blow then it's her win but if accel did survive that blow then turn into black wings mode. That attack wouldn't hurt him anymore. .... so kaori needs to change strategy.

The only way to beat that guy is to attack him with something he doesn't have data yet. And his black wings mode is also a cheating tool. While fighting he an update his database head on. So no next attack will hit him. Though that doesn't apply do divine level magic yet.
Old 2010-05-16, 14:44   Link #39
Eliminator

I don't think Accelerator has any power to actually rival a Saint, so it could get him killed/injured in the end.
Eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 17:26   Link #40
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Consider Accelerator's power can't reflect magic completely, Kaori's magic should be able to hurt him, especially how she can throw a barrage of them at once.

But black wing mode really is a different story. After all, Kaori is not Touma, Accelerator can just do what he had done to Kihara and Kakine, applying those unknown vector to Kaori an crush her in a single blow.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters