AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-03-21, 00:55   Link #1
i3klyngirl

Does anyone Here listen to Hip HOp or is it only me!?

Yow! Wheres all the Hip Hop fans!? Or is it just Mwah?! Old school hip hop anyone? Old School Hip Hop quiz btw i scored a 50% ...
i3klyngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 00:57   Link #2
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

yeah... masta ace, lords of the underground, blackmoon, smif-n-wessun... are just some of the sick old school artists......
Old 2004-03-21, 00:58   Link #3
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

1. This would probably fit into the music forum.

2. "Quizzes" like the one you posted heavily influence me to believe this is a 'what type are you thread', which is a on the forum rules.

To answer your question, I have never really been into hip hop. Just not my type of music.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 01:00   Link #4
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

I don't like hip hop much...i tend to just listen to techno/dance and other similar...

although i did get a 60% on that quiz
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 01:01   Link #5
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
um....i guess i like "hip hop".......well i prefere rap w/ a reasonable meaning...unlike some of those meaningless songs that talk about thier air force ones -_-' unnecessary songs but its so catchy u cant help but love the song ^__^'

we should have a post your favorite songs thread ^_^' unless its already made

wait....um.....hip hop = rap? or is there a BIG diff ^_^ i dunno as long as the song pleases me i'll listen to it
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 01:06   Link #6
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Sorry... It's only you :fingers:

[j/k] Sure, I'll listen to Hot 97.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 01:11   Link #7
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

I like underground hip hop, and none of the glorified stuff i hear on radios and mtv. lets see... Jurassics 5, Talib Kweli, Dilated Peoples, man theres too many great hip hop artists out there... can't name all my favorite ;_;

by the way, I got a 70% on the quiz ^_^

also, I think hip hop has a broader meaning than just a music genre, it can be a a sense of clothing style, dance, art. whereas "rap" would just catergorize the genre of music
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 01:12   Link #8

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma
I don't listen to 'Hip-Hop' but I listen to a ton of old school R&B, all that great 60's and 70's stuff. Then only 'Hip-Hop' group I listen to is this underground group up in Portland, Oregon (I live in Oregon and saw one of their shows), called 'Life Savas'. Other than that it's all folk and jazz music that I listen to.
EDIT: Lanimoo, isn't it the 'Dilated Pupils'?

Last edited by Karma; 2004-03-21 at 01:24. Reason: *Karma* is stupid and doesn't know anything.
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 01:14   Link #9
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

lifesavas are dirty! sprit in stone is a good record... the track with the gift of gab was nice and also the track called "it's over"...

edit: by dirty i mean nice!

Last edited by Prince of Chronics; 2004-03-21 at 01:30.
Prince of Chronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 01:16   Link #10
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma
EDIT: Lanimoo, isn't it the 'Dilated Pupils'?

are you trying to be funny? because i don't get it -_-
look them up my dear
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 01:23   Link #11

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma
Maybe I"m mistaken, but I thought there was a rap(dunno is that's the right genre), group called the 'Dilated Pupils' and......oh well, I'm just gonna give up now and say I'm wrong. Anyways, there's a lot of good music in HIp-Hop, but it's the attitude, sense of fashion, language, etc, that I don't like. Not particularly everything, but most of it. Prince of Chronics, what do you mean by 'dirty'? Is that bad or good? Sorry once again Lanimoo.

Old 2004-03-21, 01:31   Link #12
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

some of it isn't bad, like Heiroglyphics, Zone1, Jurassic 5... Eminem (feels lame just saying it), Jay Z's black albums wasn't too bad either.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 01:35   Link #13
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
I must say that I am not terribly much of a hip hoppy grasshopper...

I like Manson, Cradle of Filth, Korn....stuff like that....it's crankin'....
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 02:26   Link #14
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanimoo
I like underground hip hop, and none of the glorified stuff i hear on radios and mtv. lets see... Jurassics 5, Talib Kweli, Dilated Peoples, man theres too many great hip hop artists out there... can't name all my favorite ;_;

by the way, I got a 70% on the quiz ^_^

also, I think hip hop has a broader meaning than just a music genre, it can be a a sense of clothing style, dance, art. whereas "rap" would just catergorize the genre of music
got 80% on the quiz.

Yeah hip hop is made up of for elements, rapping, djing, graffiti, and break dancing IIRC. The rap game is a very diverse genre of music. Unfortunately only certain acts are getting heavy rotation, which can create a false image.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 02:31   Link #15
flohtingPoint
Limited Slip

Send a message via ICQ to flohtingPoint Send a message via AIM to flohtingPoint
Oh man, I like all types of music. From Public Enemy to Pavarotti. I try not to limit myself =)
flohtingPoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 02:38   Link #16
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
I listen to just about everything. NWA, Eminem, Wutang Clan, Dialated Peoples, Black eye Peas, blah blah blah to Korn, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Tool, blah blah blah to *what I mostly listent to* James Holden, Armin van Buuren, Andian, Chicane, Paul Oakenfold.

I like pretty much everything except some pop and country.... god i hate country
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 05:59   Link #17
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

dont be silly your not the only one who listens to old school hip hop then again i havnt got much choice cos my mum listens to it in her car so i kinda have to unless i wanna walk..
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 07:03   Link #18
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
I listen to just about everything. NWA, Eminem, Wutang Clan, Dialated Peoples, Black eye Peas, blah blah blah to Korn, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Tool, blah blah blah to *what I mostly listent to* James Holden, Armin van Buuren, Andian, Chicane, Paul Oakenfold.

I like pretty much everything except some pop and country.... god i hate country
Hahahaha, I have to agree with you there......Country music sucks....I can't stand it hey.......And I hate music where the singers only do it for the money and they don't put any thought or "soul" into their music, if you know what I mean....it's worthless crap...

But that's just my two bob...
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 08:36   Link #19
Amy
Fantasy...

Send a message via MSN to Amy
I hate hip-hop. o.O

I also hate country, pop, r&b, trance, all that stuff... blah.

I like stuff like gothic-rock, metal, rock... and jpop, that's the only kind of pop I actually like. ^^"
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 09:50   Link #20
nak
Squishy

Send a message via AIM to nak
I only like it cause the beats are da best to booty dance to. The culture to me, is very unappealing. And when I listen closely to their songs, I just get a lil offended and sick. There are exceptions though, which are the ppl. who for once have meaning in their hip hop songs.
nak is offline   Reply With Quote