AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-11, 02:37   Link #121
Rainbowman

Here are a couple of ideas of new threads:

"The SBS Thread"- Basically a thread with a list of all the SBS questions from each of the volumes they've been in.

"The Pandaman Thread"- A thread with pictures of Pandaman sightings in the manga and anime.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 08:53   Link #122
Paraden1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Hell, with how long Oda's been holding out on us, we should just have a single discussion thread for the "Merman Island Arc" in general; it'd end up just as popular as the "Haki" thread with all the disgruntled fans.
i agree we have been waiting for "Merman Island Arc" ever since vol. 8!
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 03:16   Link #123
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
I would like to make a thread called "One Piece Plot Analysis." It'll be a thread about a careful study of the One Piece Plot.
Old 2008-11-14, 04:51   Link #124
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo View Post
I would like to make a thread called "One Piece Plot Analysis." It'll be a thread about a careful study of the One Piece Plot.
Since this can only be speculation, isn't that what the Theories & future Speculation thread is for?
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 09:35   Link #125
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Since this can only be speculation, isn't that what the Theories & future Speculation thread is for?
I think he means he wants a thread where he can post an in depth breakdown of the story so far, like a book analysis.
Not sure how that would hold up.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 13:20   Link #126
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
I think he means he wants a thread where he can post an in depth breakdown of the story so far, like a book analysis.
Wouldn't that just be the chapter discussions?
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 13:26   Link #127
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Wouldn't that just be the chapter discussions?
To constrained, some people are really into the whole "world over-view" thing.
Old 2008-11-15, 03:16   Link #128
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Quote:
Exactly.
There isn't any "speculation" to it, but it can be considered "theory." The type of theory it is, however, does not match the overall theme of the thread you're talking about Xris. It's a plot analysis that argues the importance of every arc in the manga. It would be nice to open up a new thread and discuss this in depth, but currently, it's collecting dust in the "Theories" thread.
Old 2008-11-15, 04:26   Link #129
Bannakai

Was wondering if we could create a thread called "One Piece Bounties".. where we could discuss everything related to bounties in one piece..

-when is the SHs next next bounty upgrade.. specially after the events of thriller bark and the war with the whitebeards

-what are the bounties of many crazy characters..
Dragon
Ace
Whitebeard
Shanks
Mihawk (former)

-which bounties should go higher and which should go lower...
(nami lower than usopp????)

That kind of stuff
Thank you Ojisan
Bannakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 04:51   Link #130
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannakai View Post
Was wondering if we could create a thread called "One Piece Bounties"
What's wrong with using the Pirates and Bounties thread?

Please search before making your request, I found the above just by searching for "Bounties" in this forum.
Old 2008-11-15, 05:35   Link #131
ordinarystory

Whitebeard vs (Marine Admirals + Shichibukai)

A new topic based on the war of Whitebeard vs (Marine Admirals + Shichibukai) in the execution of Ace can be opened.
ordinarystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 14:31   Link #132
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
That's basically already on our CURRENT ISSUES of the manga 522 thread. We're covering that entire thing there.
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 13:16   Link #133
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Not that I want one....

But thee should be a romance thread, just to keep all that stuff out of the character discussions. It's getting really annoying.
Old 2008-11-17, 15:31   Link #134
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
But thee should be a romance thread, just to keep all that stuff out of the character discussions. It's getting really annoying.
That's a good idea. In fact it's such a good idea that the thread was created 4 years ago

Feel free to remind people there is in fact a separate Romance in One Piece thread. While romance may have no real place in One Piece, there is a thread on the topic.
Old 2008-11-19, 14:41   Link #135
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Remember the time after Enies Lobby when Coby was reintroduced and mentioned that the next time they will meet, he will be an Admiral

There is a problem with what he said because there are only three positions for Admirals and they are already filled. This would cause people to think that one of the prexisting Admirals will either be demoted, killed or otherwise leave their position for some reason

I think that Oda was trying to tell us that Coby will become an Admiral. But for that to happen, one of the previous Admirals would need to leave their position and make an opening. And if one of the Admirals DO lose their position, who would it be, why would they have left and would Coby have become strong enough to fill the available position?

With that being said, I would like a Thread to be opened discussing the possibility of all this happening and other people's theories

I personally think that it will be Aokiji (aka Kuzan) that will leave when he finally realises that the World Government is corrupt and is using the Marines to enact "Absolute Justice" which is not trully what people think it is
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 14:46   Link #136
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
Remember the time after Enies Lobby when Coby was reintroduced and mentioned that the next time they will meet, he will be an Admiral

There is a problem with what he said because there are only three positions for Admirals and they are already filled. This would cause people to think that one of the prexisting Admirals will either be demoted, killed or otherwise leave their position for some reason

I think that Oda was trying to tell us that Coby will become an Admiral. But for that to happen, one of the previous Admirals would need to leave their position and make an opening. And if one of the Admirals DO lose their position, who would it be, why would they have left and would Coby have become strong enough to fill the available position?

With that being said, I would like a Thread to be opened discussing the possibility of all this happening and other people's theories

I personally think that it will be Aokiji (aka Kuzan) that will leave when he finally realises that the World Government is corrupt and is using the Marines to enact "Absolute Justice" which is not trully what people think it is
Erm.. there's already a theories and speculation thread....
Old 2008-11-19, 15:06   Link #137
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Erm.. there's already a theories and speculation thread....
True

But I don't think that this would count as a "theory" since it's almost being jammed into our faces

(Edit)
I guess I could post it in the Theories Thread but I still think it's worth a thread of its own
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 15:31   Link #138
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Well umm... why not just make theories on that theories thread then? I mean it's not like it's excluded in any way.
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 16:15   Link #139
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
True

But I don't think that this would count as a "theory" since it's almost being jammed into our faces

(Edit)
I guess I could post it in the Theories Thread but I still think it's worth a thread of its own
If you want to post that in a thread, post it in the Marine Discussion Thread.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2008-11-19, 17:30   Link #140
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
You want a thread that discusses what may or may not happen in 30 or 40 years time along the One Piece timeline?

Sorry but no. There is no objection if you want to air your views but as has been mentioned there are a number of existing threads where such a discussion can take place.