AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 151 66.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 17.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 4.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.75%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-14, 18:03   Link #281
typhonsentra

She probably would've had him come back (He wanted to anyway) but I doubt she'd confess outright.
Old 2009-02-14, 18:26   Link #282
Jeshua

10/10 - no more (just because it isn't possible), no less.

Just watched a re-run of "Back to the Future" on TV today, and now watched this ToraDora episode... - can my day get any better?

Spoiler for about novel/manga adaptations:

(My english is so bad when I'm crying / didn't get enough sleep...)

Last edited by Jeshua; 2009-02-14 at 18:29. Reason: justificative for random text
Old 2009-02-14, 18:38   Link #283
Windows X

It's already clear. Ryuuji realizing Taiga being lonely and give up everything for her. How sweet
Old 2009-02-14, 18:55   Link #284
Robbo

yes this was a brilliant ep i cant wait for the next one id give it reservedly a 10/10 dam did i hope i didnt hold back to much on the scoring! lol
Old 2009-02-14, 19:07   Link #285
Fran~
floating away...

For the next one i wont wait for the subs...
Old 2009-02-14, 19:53   Link #286
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

its a bit too late for christmas or is it too early
Old 2009-02-14, 20:21   Link #287
mrmarvel90

even though she was crying ..taiga looked great in that dress lol
Old 2009-02-14, 22:05   Link #288
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
For the next one i wont wait for the subs...
I keep going back and forth on this now that we're moving into unknown territory. At the very least I think for the last two episodes I'll avoid spoilers. I just hope CoalGuys are quick so I don't give into temptation.
Old 2009-02-14, 23:15   Link #289
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I keep going back and forth on this now that we're moving into unknown territory. At the very least I think for the last two episodes I'll avoid spoilers. I just hope CoalGuys are quick so I don't give into temptation.
Subs For Toradora! always come out on Friday if I'm not wrong, no matter who subs first.

Feels good to be finally without a clue eh?
Old 2009-02-14, 23:20   Link #290
typhonsentra

Sometimes they're early and get it out on Tuesday. I'm also not aware of other groups subbing new episodes beside CoalGuys.
Old 2009-02-14, 23:36   Link #291
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Everyone has been buried by Real Life temporarily or a shortage in labor time ... afaik, no one has actually said they've dropped it at least as far as their websites have mentioned.
Old 2009-02-15, 00:21   Link #292
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
There is an inherent bias in only showing Taiga bawling and not the other girls: it would allow us to commiserate with her more instead and remove our focus from the others. I think people would think a lot differently regarding Taiga and the other women if the episode showed all three of them crying: Ami silently having tears fall from her eyes; Minori bawling after she rejected Ryuuji; and Taiga with her actions in the episode. If this were the case, I doubt most people would sympathize with Taiga compared to Ami or Minori. Ultimately, the most tragic character isn't Taiga: it's Ami or Minori.

One has to deal with being an outsider despite her love; one has to choose between friendship and love; Taiga only has the difficulty of being alone (and I doubt Ryuuji would leave her alone even if Minori and him went out). Weighing all three of their problems as regards their gravity, I don't think Taiga bears the heaviest burden.
I agree that there is definitely a bias towards Taiga, but that has been blindingly obvious from the get-go. And I certainly agree that the intention of the Taiga-crying scene was to illicit that response from the audience.

But I have to say that a character doesn't necessarily have to be breaking down in tears for their heartbreak to show through. I, for instance, found both Ami and Minorin to tug at my heartstrings more than Taiga. Ami's dropped speaking tones (props to Kitamura Eri) and Minorin pulling her beanie over her eyes spoke more to me that the outwardly blantant show of grief.
Old 2009-02-15, 00:26   Link #293
Index92

This show is nice for the fact that it has a good pace unlike To Aru Majutsu No Index which is all just talk and no action. It takes about 4-5 episodes just to finish one arc and almost every episode has at least 10 minutes of a lecture xD So that's why I don't understand why they couldn't make it more like Toradora since it's the same producers. -Shrugs- This episode was nice, except some parts were just really random lol. I never really understand Minorin though^^;

Last edited by Index92; 2009-02-15 at 00:27. Reason: Typo x_x
Old 2009-02-15, 00:28   Link #294
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Sometimes they're early and get it out on Tuesday. I'm also not aware of other groups subbing new episodes beside CoalGuys.
Er, you mean Thursday?

Thus far I've always watched raws first... after which I read plot summaries here and on the blogosphere to fill in as many holes as I can and then wait for the subs. Works fine for me, since the most emotional scenes generally don't require full understanding of the dialog to really have an impact. Plus, only a few keywords, context clues, and verb endings can allow you to get a pretty good general sense of what's being said.
Old 2009-02-15, 01:01   Link #295
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Er, you mean Thursday?

Thus far I've always watched raws first... after which I read plot summaries here and on the blogosphere to fill in as many holes as I can and then wait for the subs. Works fine for me, since the most emotional scenes generally don't require full understanding of the dialog to really have an impact. Plus, only a few keywords, context clues, and verb endings can allow you to get a pretty good general sense of what's being said.
I do exactly that too, but only because I read the novels and get a rudimentary understanding of what is being communicated in the anime. Without it's guidance, I'll probably wait for the subs before I watch them.
Old 2009-02-15, 01:13   Link #296
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweakin View Post
But I have to say that a character doesn't necessarily have to be breaking down in tears for their heartbreak to show through. I, for instance, found both Ami and Minorin to tug at my heartstrings more than Taiga. Ami's dropped speaking tones (props to Kitamura Eri) and Minorin pulling her beanie over her eyes spoke more to me that the outwardly blantant show of grief.
Agreed.

While Taiga's scene was dramatic, I found Ami and Minori's subtle gestures at least just as tragic. Especially since the fact that you dont have to stretch the imagination to see an actual person in real life doing those things.

I guess I sort of empathize with all the characters too much.
Old 2009-02-15, 01:22   Link #297
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
I guess I sort of empathize with all the characters too much.
Probably the intent.
Old 2009-02-15, 02:38   Link #298
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Let me restate that. Even if I didn't see Ami and Minori bawling, I still empathize with them more than Taiga. However, if I saw them cry, I would totally leave Taiga in the dust with my empathy and cry with them as well. As much as I've already accepted the ending and can't really blame anyone, Taiga deserves being left alone by Ryuuji.

The onus remains with the author. Taiga must pass through the eye of the needle that she must find in a burning haystack before I'll rally over to her side. As it stands, she doesn't deserve Ryuuji, and she deserves everything that was coming to her.
Old 2009-02-15, 02:46   Link #299
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Let me restate that. Even if I didn't see Ami and Minori bawling, I still empathize with them more than Taiga. However, if I saw them cry, I would totally leave Taiga in the dust with my empathy and cry with them as well. As much as I've already accepted the ending and can't really blame anyone, Taiga deserves being left alone by Ryuuji.

The onus remains with the author. Taiga must pass through the eye of the needle that she must find in a burning haystack before I'll rally over to her side. As it stands, she doesn't deserve Ryuuji, and she deserves everything that was coming to her.
Kinda harsh.

With what she's had to go through, I think she deserves someone's love and care rather than to be abandoned AGAIN.
Old 2009-02-15, 02:58   Link #300
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Kinda harsh.

With what she's had to go through, I think she deserves someone's love and care rather than to be abandoned AGAIN.
She deserves love, but I'm still unconvinced that Ryuuji should be the one for her. They still have a bit of a co-dependent air about them, and it seems more friend-like than romance.

With the other two, you have a sense of the MinorixRyuuji or AmixRyuuji being more equal than that of TaigaxRyuuji.
Closed Thread