AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 15 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 31.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-16, 17:26   Link #141
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

New Op was good. Yes Zessica finally said it! Too bad Amata didn't respond. Nice way to show the original series as what really happened.
Old 2012-04-16, 18:01   Link #142
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
New Op was good. Yes Zessica finally said it! Too bad Amata didn't respond. Nice way to show the original series as what really happened.
He did respond with the beginning of- "Erm, I'm flattered-"

Maybe it's just one of those things that Zessica needs to get off her chest, regardless of what Amata's response is.

Though atm it seems she's abit demoralized by it seeing as how she thinks it almost killed everyone... Though not enough to skip a beach episode.
Old 2012-04-16, 18:18   Link #143
mixordia

Quote:
Personally, I think we're going to get Amata/Mikono. It's been my experience that whenever an anime male lead protagonist talks/thinks about fighting fate in order to achieve his desired romance, he almost always succeeds. So I think that's what is going to happen here.
Unfortunately Kawamori doesn't think so ... Van from Escaflowne, Alto from Macross, Hikaru... he has a peculiar sense of "happy ending"

Quote:
So the big question mark is Kagura. It'll be interesting to see what they intend to do with him, as he's absolutely relentless in his pursuit of Mikono, but Mikono doesn't want the "mad dog" put down. So it's hard to see how you can stop him permanently unless he voluntarily gives up on Mikono (which is also hard to imagine). I guess that Amata might slay him in some big, final fight though. One in which Mikono isn't there to stop him.

I think the fate of Kagura is death, like Brera of MF... I don't want that happen, because I really like Kagura and I think he has a good chemistry with Mikono... I really hope to be wrong, that this doesn't happen and that really has a happy ending, with no tragic deaths or people sealed beneath the earth for another 12 or 24 thousand years.
Old 2012-04-16, 18:36   Link #144
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
He did respond with the beginning of- "Erm, I'm flattered-"

Maybe it's just one of those things that Zessica needs to get off her chest, regardless of what Amata's response is.

Though atm it seems she's abit demoralized by it seeing as how she thinks it almost killed everyone... Though not enough to skip a beach episode.
Poor Zessica couldn't even hear Amata's acknowledgment before Mikono stopped him
Old 2012-04-16, 19:08   Link #145
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Poor Zessica couldn't even hear Amata's acknowledgment before Mikono stopped him
She could have if she hadn't been all "OH YEAH I FINALLY DID IT OH YEAH" XD;; At that point Zessica wasn't even paying attention to Amata.
Old 2012-04-16, 19:53   Link #146
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

and btw Amata was not about to ‘turn Zessica down’ as some ppl are speculating. He said ‘okimochi wa ureshi desu’ which means ‘ I am happy to hear your feelings..’ he didnt say but or ‘demo’ anywhere...unless this was already mentioned lol in a previous comment

This is why u need to learn the language, makes things so easier..subs are not always accurate..

Im not native speaker btw so i borrowed my sis for a couple of seconds
Old 2012-04-16, 20:17   Link #147
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Good lordy, what an epic shout that was, Fudo! And GOOOOO ZESSICA~! I love this girl - seriously, she's a lovable blend of playful, bashful, serious and just plain awesome.

Haaa~aah, if I was only ten years younger...
Old 2012-04-16, 20:30   Link #148
mayumi

i wonder if mikage is going to take zessica away. pure love and all
amata-mikono won't be reaching that status anytime soon.
Old 2012-04-16, 20:46   Link #149
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillionus View Post
and btw Amata was not about to ‘turn Zessica down’ as some ppl are speculating. He said ‘okimochi wa ureshi desu’ which means ‘ I am happy to hear your feelings..’ he didnt say but or ‘demo’ anywhere...unless this was already mentioned lol in a previous comment.
Well, that might change things a bit...

"Erm, I'm flattered, but..." is classic set-up for a romantic rejection.

I don't know if "I am happy to hear your feelings..." has the same sort of implication in Japan, but I doubt it.

Well, maybe this is enough to shift Amata/Zessica from 100% impossible to 99% unlikely, at least.
Old 2012-04-16, 23:30   Link #150
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Just realized on this episode (and probably previous episode) that they do know 'wolf'. So it's only a cute/little animals that they're referring as 'cat'?
Old 2012-04-17, 05:03   Link #151
Golos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillionus View Post
and btw Amata was not about to ‘turn Zessica down’ as some ppl are speculating. He said ‘okimochi wa ureshi desu’ which means ‘ I am happy to hear your feelings..’ he didnt say but or ‘demo’ anywhere...unless this was already mentioned lol in a previous comment
So, does that mean Mikono's response was kinda justified?
She was more than just jealous.
Old 2012-04-17, 05:40   Link #152
MasterVampire

That was a great confession!!!!!
Old 2012-04-17, 05:57   Link #153
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I don't know if "I am happy to hear your feelings..." has the same sort of implication in Japan, but I doubt it.
It's one of those things that doesn't really mean anything by itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golos View Post
So, does that mean Mikono's response was kinda justified?
She was more than just jealous.
...How was she 'more than just jealous' ? Mind elaborating?
Old 2012-04-17, 06:11   Link #154
miketyson

Maximillionus: you're not wrong about what he literally said in *that* line, but you're ignoring the line that immediately precedes it (it was pretty much exactly "what'd be good to say?", maybe "nan tte ieba ii ka"?) and also his tone of voice for both. It's pretty clear he's caught off guard; her feelings for him are a happy surprise but he's just trying to find a way to defuse the situation politely.

Golos: if this was a better written show I'd say Mikono's reaction is due to some mix of her overreacting due to her guilty conscience (over defending Kagura, etc.) and her overreacting due to her annoyance that Amata's reaction didn't check in with her.

The latter point might need explanation. Mikono would want Amata's priorities in that situation to be: #1 Mikono's feelings (e.g.: giving her reassurance), #2 Zessica's feelings (e.g.: being nice about the rejection). IIRC, once Zessica confessed Amata didn't even look over at Mikono to gauge her reaction and/or let her know give her any reassurance, which makes it look like she's not priority #1, and thus her outsized reaction.

But, honestly, I think the reaction is just there because it's funnier that way, and at this point in the show it'd be even weirder to have her sit back and do absolutely nothing.

tl;dr: she's probably jealous because he cares enough about Zessica to be nice?

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-04-17 at 06:14. Reason: added tl;dr
Old 2012-04-17, 06:20   Link #155
mayumi

well amata was feeling dejected about the whole fate thing thinking mikono would abandon him like his mother did. he is guy who wants love and ofcourse be loved by mikono. but you know aquarion doesn't fly just for romantic love even if zessica's intentions were romantic feeling.

so i am sure amata is happy to hear some one say they like/love him being a abandoned person he is even if he can't return the feelings in romantic light. it slike say if you watch naruto, he wanted his parents to tell him that they love him.
Old 2012-04-17, 06:44   Link #156
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Is there really a need to think so hard about it -_- ? It's just a common reaction in Anime, by that I'm referring to both Amata and Mikono's. I don't see anyone questioning why Zen felt the need to (over)react like he did... >.>

EDIT:

But this reminded me of something that I forgotten to bring up: When Aquarion went berserk, for some reason Donar immediately identifies Zessica's love as 'Unrequited' as oppose to 'Mutual Love'....

...Really? Was it really that obvious to you, Donar ? Was it really that obvious to everyone including the computer ?
Old 2012-04-17, 07:06   Link #157
miketyson

Probably no reason to think that hard about it, but I keep going back and forth on whether or not I think this show's main characters are well-written. Over-thinking small things helps me sort through that stuff.
Old 2012-04-17, 07:12   Link #158
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Probably no reason to think that hard about it, but I keep going back and forth on whether or not I think this show's main characters are well-written. Over-thinking small things helps me sort through that stuff.
To each his own I guess, personally I find that overthinking lessens the enjoyment of any series, I mean some times things are exactly what they seem to be no more no less, if you start trying to reason it well...

Whether the characters are well-written or not, it doesn't mean they can't have simple reactions and impulses.

But no matter, this is not something that needs to be discuss
Old 2012-04-17, 08:34   Link #159
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Maximillionus: you're not wrong about what he literally said in *that* line, but you're ignoring the line that immediately precedes it (it was pretty much exactly "what'd be good to say?", maybe "nan tte ieba ii ka"?) and also his tone of voice for both. It's pretty clear he's caught off guard; her feelings for him are a happy surprise but he's just trying to find a way to defuse the situation politely.
The entire thing is a non-conclusion because its clear that he has no idea what to say or do. Which makes the scene progression make actual sense and Mikono's reaction comes in on the fact that he is, effectively, saying nothing but stringing together words. Its probably rather important that Mikono interjects not while he says the first line but when he starts on the second... and that she flips to jealousy at that moment: Uncertainty. (Of course, this doesn't change the fact that Zessica will get turned down next episode either by her own volition or with a talk from Amata.)

Of course, I found much of this episode a bit suspect in writing especially in regards to Mikono and how she was treated. Some aspects of the writing were honestly entirely off the wall for her character: "Shushu likes him... he cannot be that bad of a guy." There is no logic in this sentence, none, unless the point is to show a paramount level of self-delusion in Mikono. (Of course, I'm very suspicious of what Fudo might be planning.)

Kagura:
Kills classmates + Nearly kills Amata + Shushu likes him
Conclusion?
Must not be that bad of a guy.

Where is my Jackie Chan?
Spoiler for There he is:

Random asides of details:
Zessica and Amata share the hole-couple for advice.
The island blows up in a heart shape.
Zessica has the most selflessly selfish love confession ever: "Screw destiny, go for the girl you like... but, on that note, I love you!" This will either turn out to be ironic or iconic in the long run, I feel.
Ianthe remains, what I think, to be an artificial tree of life.
Old 2012-04-17, 08:43   Link #160
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Whoop this episode was awesome time-space-transcending mugen punch! Zessica confessing! I still don't get anything about the reincarnation business!
Closed Thread